1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 30 Author 1C Game Studios Posted September 30 14 minutes ago, Jegirs said: Yes, when a new batch of F-51s arrived, I saw some aircraft with numbers in the 900+ range, but on one of the F-51 loading screens I saw an aircraft in the late 12th FBS paint scheme, and it had the number UF-021. However, in Career Mode all the aircraft have FF. Is that how it is supposed to be, or is there a chance of getting a new aircraft with UF? Yes, it should be FF (or RF in recon units for planes that were built as recon aircraft). In what mode did you see UF? That was a typo.
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 30 Author 1C Game Studios Posted September 30 Just now, Jegirs said: I saw the UF on the loading screen. Oh, yes, in that case, that was just something created before the codes were updated. Nothing to worry about. šĀ 14 minutes ago, Kaenzdhi said: 1) How am I supposed to understand radio message in Russian, korean language ? 2) how I know where to take off ? And NO i don't want to activate the arcadish,Ā War Thunder style HUD(H) nor to have white square or message like" mission complete .." 1. Subtitles 2. Look at your briefing map. 1
eszyman Posted September 30 Posted September 30 @LukeFFĀ a subtitle only option, as the hud is cycled, would be fantastic at some point in the future (great battles too plsĀ š«£).Ā 3
Mark_Krieger Posted September 30 Posted September 30 1 hour ago, kmo1619 said: Ā I was looking for them yesterday too and couldnāt find anything. The funny thing is, Iām pretty sure there used to be a section in the controls for fuel management a couple of weeks ago. I even remember mapping those controls to my HOTAS before realizing they werenāt active yet, so I ended up remapping those buttons to something else. Now I canāt find those fuel-management controls anywhere anymore. Did they remove or hide them? They have been removed.Ā CPU AMD Ryzen 7800 X3D, GPU AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, RAM: 64 Gb DDR5, VR Headset: Quest 3.
T24_Martin Posted September 30 Posted September 30 5 hours ago, LuftManu said: For those who have issue with VR I recommend you this:Ā Had a friend test it and he had gone from unplayable to fun in less than 5 mins. Bad thing? It's an injector and if the server is configured as to reject, it won't let you play. Maybe it's good for server owners to disable this feature until better performance arrives. Interesting. I mean it is not quad views, but it is a kind of foveated technology to reduce GPU load.Ā So if this simple mod works, why was stated several times, that foveated rendering or quad views has no performance gain?
Gunfreak Posted September 30 Posted September 30 1 hour ago, Talisman said: I was hoping for an option to launch the game in either vr mode or flat screen mode without having to keep changing the startup cfg file.Ā Will we get this much needed option in the next patch? As long as my vr headset is of. Korea starts in flat. If my headset is on it starts in vr
Kaenzdhi Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) 1 hour ago, LukeFF said: 1. Subtitles 2. Look at your briefing map. 1) ?? only with hud 2)?? no indication at the briefing map. To be more clear, for a runway 18/36 how i know if i need to go 18 or 36 to take off ? Edit : 2) ok, with a flight plan i can see the direction. Don't know if it's what you mean Edited September 30 by Kaenzdhi
JG4_Moltke71 Posted September 30 Posted September 30 9 hours ago, Regingrave said: Hi, can you please clarify what those problems look like (heavily posterized clouds and sky on medium settings, I guess)? You mean HDR off or on, or both options looking bad? We could be looking on two different settings here. Can you post screenshots of your graphic settings? Links to original bug report would be welcome too. The problem are these colours, so itās looks like you are on a heavy LSD trip. Ingame HDR enabled solve this problem but I donāt like to activate it because I donāt like the HDR effects. Not an HDR issue at all šWindows HDR is also disabled. The problem are the colours, they are totally broken in the environment but also in the cockpitĀ I can send you my graphic settings when I have time for it, right now my work schedule doesnāt allow. 1 ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset
Kaenzdhi Posted September 30 Posted September 30 9 hours ago, LuftManu said: 0 crashes or planes hitting eachother. Same with landings and takeoffs. 0. Used Kimpo, Osan and Antung with various missions. Planes stopped when I stopped suddenly on taxi. No crashes. Hmm, well, no, not really. Ā 2
YoYo Posted September 30 Posted September 30 Another thing worth mentioning following patch 1.004 is that the radio chatter in the campaign sounds great now, there is much more of it, and you hear occasional commands, reports, details about weaponry being used, and so on. The same applies to takeoffs and landings. It really adds to the atmosphere. Thanks!Ā š 1 hour ago, JG4_Moltke71 said: The problem are these colours, so itās looks like you are on a heavy LSD trip. Ingame HDR enabled solve this problem but I donāt like to activate it because I donāt like the HDR effects. Not an HDR issue at all šWindows HDR is also disabled. The problem are the colours, they are totally broken in the environment but also in the cockpitĀ I can send you my graphic settings when I have time for it, right now my work schedule doesnāt allow. I had the same problem before version 1.004. It seems to be resolved now (VR), tested with HDR off: Ā Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. |Ā Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
MattM Posted September 30 Posted September 30 Overall nice update. Thanks for adding the FFB sliders. The AI still seems to gang up on the me or the flight leader of the enemy group. Easily noticable in skirmish mode. Just spawn and fly away from the combat area and the majority of the enemies will just follow you. And your wingmen will then try to attack the flight leader of the enemy group and ignore everyone else, leading to some comical formation flying with the enemy.Ā I also encountered random key inputs, like the gear extending and map showing up when clicking other commands. Also once when i was hitting ESC, the canopy would open randomly instead of the menu. Definitely not a misbind and it only appeared after this update. Fuel tank management is pretty much impossible without using the HUD (i fly without it most of the time). They should all just be separate commands. Same with other stuff, adjusting the mirror, gauges etc. The current system is just too cumbersome and i see no reason why there shouldn't just be bindings for all those inputs instead. 2
BoeingVertol Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) 13 minutes ago, MattM said: Overall nice update. Thanks for adding the FFB sliders. The AI still seems to gang up on the me or the flight leader of the enemy group. Easily noticable in skirmish mode. Just spawn and fly away from the combat area and the majority of the enemies will just follow you. And your wingmen will then try to attack the flight leader of the enemy group and ignore everyone else, leading to some comical formation flying with the enemy.Ā I also encountered random key inputs, like the gear extending and map showing up when clicking other commands. Also once when i was hitting ESC, the canopy would open randomly instead of the menu. Definitely not a misbind and it only appeared after this update. Fuel tank management is pretty much impossible without using the HUD (i fly without it most of the time). They should all just be separate commands. Same with other stuff, adjusting the mirror, gauges etc. The current system is just too cumbersome and i see no reason why there shouldn't just be bindings for all those inputs instead. The random key inputs have made the game unplayable for me since the update.Ā Have had engine start/shutdown phantom bound to escape key and many others that have made me feel like I am going insane.Ā š¤Ā Ā About to wipe and rebind as I have run out of other troubleshooting options. Edited September 30 by BoeingVertol 1 9800X3D/5070TiĀ Ā IL-2 GB/FC/Korea
JG4_Moltke71 Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) I can confirm that open the map causes open/close canopy. It happens when my keybind on hotas is still active. Itās a toggle switch and for usual I let it on the active position to prevent accidentally open/close. I checked the keybinds, there are no mixed up settings. Ā Repair in a Hotfix please šš»šš»šš» Edited September 30 by JG4_Moltke71 2 ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset
Justicier10-7 Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) 39 minutes ago, YoYo said: Another thing worth mentioning following patch 1.004 is that the radio chatter in the campaign sounds great now, there is much more of it, and you hear occasional commands, reports, details about weaponry being used, and so on. The same applies to takeoffs and landings. It really adds to the atmosphere. Thanks!Ā š It is really good to hear more variety in the radio comms! But, unfortunately, there is still much improvement that needs to be made in the English radio comms specifically. The same mispronounciations and errors from the initial release still plague the USAF comms (Like number "3" being mispronounced "therry", or the now infamous "Oreoreo" callsign to name a couple). The new ATC/Traffic pattern comms are different from Aviation/ICAO standards today which really sound like nails on a chalkboard to a private/commercial pilot. An example would be the tower saying to "continue straight" down the runway on a takeoff roll. Does the controller mean "Depart straight out"? Or was the "continue straight" radio comm intended as taxi instructions and it is playing in the wrong situation? Another example would be aircraft announcing their position in the traffic pattern... saying they are "on turn 1", "on turn 2", "on turnĀ 3"... instead of "On the upwind", "On the crosswind", "On the downwind", "On base (or base-leg)", "On final" One minor thing as well, it's not really necessary to hear altitude callouts when in the traffic pattern, but if that was military procedure back then that is all good! The only thing I would recommend is rounding the altitude callout to the nearest 10 foot instead of the precise altitude... so "Archer Three, on the downwind, 900 feet" instead of stating their exact altitude of 904 feet Now, I now ICAO standardization happened sometime in the 1950's but I don't know if the phraseology was standardized by Korea, so maybe the "Turn 1, 2, 3, etc." for traffic pattern was still in common use for Korea, but it just will sound really odd to modern pilots. Again, it's awesome to hear the new functionality with radio comms, I just hope the english comms are corrected for grammar and syntax, and the little oddities in the current system are refined out. Edited September 30 by Justicier10-7 Edit for better clarity 4
JG4_Moltke71 Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) The realistic fuel system is a nice thing. But so far I struggle a bit to handle it because the manual isnāt as detailed as necessary in my opinion. For example how to detect the moment when the drop tanks are empty? š¤ Ā Please correct me if I oversee something in the handbookĀ Ā to handle the fuel system manually makes my experienced career warrior beast pilots to beginner noobs again š Ā I am curious how many of them must die until I understand each plane fuel systemās ā ļøā°ļøš Ā Edited September 30 by JG4_Moltke71 ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset
BoeingVertol Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) 36 minutes ago, JG4_Moltke71 said: I can confirm that open the map causes open/close canopy. It happens when my keybind on hotas is still active. Itās a toggle switch and for usual I let it on the active position to prevent accidentally open/close. I checked the keybinds, there are no mixed up settings. Ā Repair in a Hotfix please šš»šš»šš» What throttle are you using?Ā This is the last thing I can think of after trying everything including a reinstall/rebind, the issue persists.Ā I have the Warthog, was working fine w/ zero issue before the update, now the game is unplayable. Edited September 30 by BoeingVertol 9800X3D/5070TiĀ Ā IL-2 GB/FC/Korea
BlitzPig_EL Posted September 30 Posted September 30 What's up with the frequent "Fuel Starvation" warning when flying the F80?Ā Plenty of fuel in the tanks, no damage taken, flying along just fine, and the warning pops up.
JG4_Moltke71 Posted September 30 Posted September 30 47 minutes ago, BoeingVertol said: What throttle are you using?Ā This is the last thing I can think of after trying everything including a reinstall/rebind, the issue persists.Ā I have the Warthog, was working fine w/ zero issue before the update, now the game is unplayable. I have also a thruster warthog one of the switches I use to open/close canopyĀ 1 ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset
BoeingVertol Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) 3 minutes ago, JG4_Moltke71 said: I have also a thruster warthog one of the switches I use to open/close canopyĀ Thank you! Will pass to the dev I am troubleshooting with, they might be related.Ā Anyone else having this same issue using the Warthog? Edited September 30 by BoeingVertol 9800X3D/5070TiĀ Ā IL-2 GB/FC/Korea
Panzerlang Posted September 30 Posted September 30 4 hours ago, T24_Martin said: Interesting. I mean it is not quad views, but it is a kind of foveated technology to reduce GPU load.Ā So if this simple mod works, why was stated several times, that foveated rendering or quad views has no performance gain? It exactly is quad views, just by a different name (and maker). If your headset has eye tracking the latest two versions accommodate that too, otherwise it's fixed to center. When I open its menu in-game (F8) it shows me I'm getting an extra 30+ FPS and frametime hugely improved too. There's a switch to turn it on and off so you can immediately compare too. It's a massive game-changer. š 2 Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods. AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods. RTX 5090 GPU. No mods. 64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on. Samsung SSD. Monitor at 3840x2160. Pimax Crystal Super.
Johnnieangel Posted September 30 Posted September 30 Playing in F-80 career. key bindings are all whack now.Ā Checking mission brief in-flight causes fuel starvation, engine dies, drop tanks jettisoned and a message saying "throttle locked" someone else posted something similar. ESC causes same thing.
86Cheese Posted September 30 Posted September 30 Okay, so after about 20 minutes with this update I have some gripes. This is a long rang, so bare with me, but @LukeFFĀ I really hope some of this stuff is actually being looked at. Kinda feels like it isn't from where I'm sitting.Ā The VR situation is BAD. Please change this bacj, or just add more graphics settings in the menu, please, for the love of god. And add VR resolution settings. With this update Steam VR is rendering the game at like 1400x1400 default at 90FPS with the quest 3 and the Steam frame, what the heck is that about. I have a 4080 super and 7800x3d, steam does not think my PC is a potato.Ā I had to modify the startup.cfg and set to read only to fix this. This is awful. Not to mention all of the other visual problems in VR that are just not being addressed. This update really just feels like you guys want VR users to shut up and leave you alone. I hope you guys realize if that happens its because we've moved on to another game, which we'd rather not do. We just want a good experience in this one but instead it just keeps getting worse. The HDR Off nighttime colors look just as bad with this update. This is with Windows HDR and in game HDR off: This is HDR On in game, but its very washed out, there is virtually no contrast, especially in VR: The sun is also still huge. Literally like 10x the size of the moon in this picture.Ā Today I found out both Korea and GB vertical alignment in VR is broken on headsets using eye-tracking. Because of the eye tracking I have not been able to actually play the game at all, but this is not a new issue apparently. Please look into this.Ā Frankly, the fuel system changes should be rolled back until individual input commands are added back into the game. I am completely baffled by the decision to remove those and bind the fuel cock to the weird dash control configuration that was already practically unusable. I get that the knobs wiggle, but that being the only indicator of what is selected is just truly awful. Its impossible to see unless you are looking at the right instrument when the knob wiggles, which completely defeats the purpose of making the knob wiggle in the first place. And now we are adding more knobs to cycle through? Seriously, what are we thinking? Having to change your fuel tanks with this system is almost game breaking, you need to be able to change the dial to the correct position immediately without having to cycle through 6 other knobs first.Ā Gunsights seem even dimmer or am I just crazy?Ā Less of a problem, but kind weird: the game is completely unresponsive to Alt+Tab after this update, which is a bit weird. Windows+Tab works okay though, so I guess there is that.Ā I cant comment on the AI at all, but the fuel system and VR settings thing are big enough problems that I think this update should honestly be rolled back for some more time in the oven unless a hotfix can be put out in the next couple days. The trade offs are not worth this. This one is really bad guys.Ā You guys need to iterate more instead of dumping everything in major updates like this every 2 months. The list of problems the community is complaining about right now is ENORMOUS, and just gets longer with every update, and everyone feels like their biggest problem is not being addressed or is being completely ignored. This is not sustainable. This is why the player base is suffering. There are 4 people online right now in multiplayer. FOUR!Ā I was SO excited for this game when Early Access started and every update seems to just make things worse. Its honestly been really disappointing. Korea had more hype in the run up to launch than I've ever seen for a flight sim and now there are 4 people playing online 2 months later? Thats CRAZY. 2
JG4_Moltke71 Posted October 1 Posted October 1 3 hours ago, BoeingVertol said: The random key inputs have made the game unplayable for me since the update.Ā Have had engine start/shutdown phantom bound to escape key and many others that have made me feel like I am going insane.Ā š¤Ā Ā About to wipe and rebind as I have run out of other troubleshooting options. Do you have all these problematic keybinds on your warthog throttle? š¤ ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset
BoeingVertol Posted October 1 Posted October 1 (edited) 9 minutes ago, JG4_Moltke71 said: Do you have all these problematic keybinds on your warthog throttle? š¤ Yes, going to take an update of some sort to fix it seems like.Ā Deleted/reinstalled game and rebound and still happening.Ā Tired of troubleshooting at this point. Haven't been able to play without something crazy happening binding wise since the update.Ā Zero issues ever before, tons of playtime. Ā Edited October 1 by BoeingVertol 9800X3D/5070TiĀ Ā IL-2 GB/FC/Korea
Recommended Posts