Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

  • 1C Game Studios
Posted

Hello, pilots!

Back to the skies over Korea—update 1.004 is now live!

This time, we’ve focused on aircraft AI, improving its behavior in aerial combat, attack runs, and return-to-base procedures. You’ll also find new missions, Career mode updates, manual fuel system controls, and more.

Fly a sortie, try out the changes, and let us know what you think! We look forward to your observations, comments, and suggestions.

Read the full patch notes here: https://media.il2-korea.com/1004

1004_en.jpg.d4f832c622051ca560190a5981cfae8d.jpg

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 13
  • Upvote 1
Posted

Finally! Thx, I cant way to try!

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Posted

AAAAAH ! AI changes 🥰  -   still in office, how to get rid of f** work 😕 ?   ... will try this evening !

Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air

Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea 

BoeingVertol
Posted (edited)

The update fixed my corrupt stats in the career file!!!!  Loving everything I have seen so far in the UI etc.  Thank You!!! 🫡

2026_9_29__16_6_16.jpg.890895cd85dd632b9dcd000080b58bd2.jpg

Edited by BoeingVertol
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9800X3D/5070Ti    IL-2 GB/FC/Korea

Posted

Just about to fly some more F-84 career, good timing...

Posted

Wow!  Can't wait to try it out!

Rocket_Knut
Posted (edited)

Update? Nice.

D/L, install, fire up the game, checking aircraft in front of clouds, still not fixed. It´s so frustrating...

1.004_and_still_aweful.jpg

Edited by Rocket_Knut
  • Upvote 3
Justicier10-7
Posted

Looking forward to booting the sim up later today! One thing I noticed that stood out to me in the patch notes...

"Clarified the description of the AN/APS-19 pod-mounted radar"

😮

In literary circles, I believe this is referred to as "foreshadowing" of the Corsair 😃

AndreiTomescu
Posted (edited)

In Career and Task Editor missions, the player's group can now be intercepted by both jet and piston fighters. Interceptors of the same type as the player's group are more likely to be encountered.

  • Damage to buildings, bridges, and other map objects caused during a mission is now preserved in subsequent missions.
  • Added gradual repair of destroyed bridges. Repair sections are installed first, and the bridge is fully restored after a longer period of time.

This is AWESOME !!!

Edited by AndreiTomescu
  • Upvote 2

Oreoreeeoyeero! 

Posted

Well done guys!   Especially AI, tracer and shell effects.

  • Like 1
Posted

Downloading now. 😊

image.png.a5798e04db1f74dc5df8736993094fd6.png

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

BlitzPig_EL
Posted
44 minutes ago, Justicier10-7 said:

Looking forward to booting the sim up later today! One thing I noticed that stood out to me in the patch notes...

"Clarified the description of the AN/APS-19 pod-mounted radar"

😮

In literary circles, I believe this is referred to as "foreshadowing" of the Corsair 😃

F-82 confirmed.  :classic_ninja:

Justicier10-7
Posted
4 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

F-82 confirmed.  :classic_ninja:

I'd love to see the twinstang! Haven't flown a "zwilling" since the Bf-109Z in 1946. At the very least it looks like the applicable Navy birds coming up will have a radar pod option... maybe more than just Corsair? Banshee and Skyraider had the option too IIRC

Col.Sanders
Posted

So forcing VR optimized mode is the solution to poor VR performance? Continually making interesting choices about VR. 

  • Haha 3
Posted

Nothing changed in VR  performance, you could have stable 72 fps and then drop to 30.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Posted
15 minutes ago, Col.Sanders said:

So forcing VR optimized mode is the solution to poor VR performance? Continually making interesting choices about VR. 

Noticed it too. I’m a bit curious about what lies behind this. It doesn't necessarily mean a drop in graphics quality; it could be a new mode—for instance, one related to LOD. I’ll be testing it out a little later today.

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Posted
17 minutes ago, Col.Sanders said:

So forcing VR optimized mode is the solution to poor VR performance? Continually making interesting choices about VR. 

 

Lots of exciting things in this update, but definitely some big things missing as well.

While I have not personally had a ton of problems with VR performance, as many people have complained about it, this is disappointing. This is not a fix, and for those of us that are not using vr optimized setting (because it looks AWFUL) this sounds like a headache. Am I going to have to fix my settings every time I launch the game? I really hope not.

Also still no mention of fixing the size of the sun, night time skybox/brightness/contrast/whatever the deal is there(seriously, just look at what nighttime looks like with HDR turned off, idk how the game shipped this way honestly), general HDR rendering goofiness or fixing gun sight brightness. These are the biggest problems i see with the game at the moment and it kinda seems like they arent even on the radar.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
Fabry_ASW19
Posted

I already optimized my VR performance it runs and it took lots of sperimentation and now it works great i don't want to mess with it. Will downloading the patch reset my settings? 

 

JG4_Moltke71
Posted
7 minutes ago, 86Cheese said:

skybox/brightness/contrast/whatever the deal is there(seriously, just look at what nighttime looks like with HDR turned off, idk how the game shipped this way honestly), general HDR rendering goofiness

Exactly this. So far I prevented night missions because this reason and I didn’t activate HDR because its looking not good.

 

A little pity not fix this big issue with priority 🤨

  • Like 1

ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset

Posted

My corrupted LA11 career now works.  Good things I've noticed in Commander Career is the mouse over to give pilot stats, no need to click each individual pilot, unless you need to dig deeper for completed missions, kills, etc...

Flying a mission, I noticed new commands.  Where is the "Rejoin Formation" command?  Or has that been changed to some other command?

As far a VR settings, I used YoYo's optimization instructions, so I don't want to change anything at this point.

I also enjoyed this behind the line ground support missions that were added.  Another cool feature for the career mode.

Otherwise, lots to dig in, and glad that the programmers are working on constant improvements.  Thank you!!

Computer: AMD 7800x3D, Nvidia 5070Ti, 64Gb DDR5-6000.  Input devices:  Virpil Aeromax Flightstick; Virpil VMAX Throttle, Charlie Rudder.  Varjo Aero.

Flying simulators since MS Flight Sim on an Apple IIe circa 1982.

Posted

You can have a stable 72 FPS with plenty of CPU/GPU headroom, but when there’s ground action with napalm, the whole game starts stuttering because of the game thread. Look back from ground action and performace is back.

 

  • Upvote 1
BlitzPig_EL
Posted

Just flew a little bit, turned off the fuel system helper, and, found no way to interact with the fuel tanks to switch them.  I looked in the radial menu, and in all the key settings, the only thing I see is a fuel dump key assignment.

What's up with this?

Jade_Monkey
Posted
32 minutes ago, Husar said:

You can have a stable 72 FPS with plenty of CPU/GPU headroom, but when there’s ground action with napalm, the whole game starts stuttering because of the game thread. Look back from ground action and performace is back.

 

Holy smokes, what did you do to your colors? That looks like IL2 Honolulu and not Korea 😂

 

I remember they said something about optimizing VR for large ground vehicle columns and i don't see it in the release notes.

  • Haha 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  |  Nvidia RTX 4090  |  32 GB DDR4  |  nVME SSD  |  VR headset: Pimax Dream Air SLAM

FuriousMeow
Posted
2 hours ago, Rocket_Knut said:
Spoiler

Update? Nice.

D/L, install, fire up the game, checking aircraft in front of clouds, still not fixed. It´s so frustrating...

1.004_and_still_aweful.jpg

 

Have you reported your specific settings, system configuration, drivers, etc with a bug report? Its not a global issue, so they'll need specific info to look at the cause.

F80clouds1.jpg.b6faf4d48b8b26922764c9355797d128.jpgF80clouds2.jpg.69ae9ddbf1dbbbdd5d34440eb81bbc44.jpg

  • Upvote 2
Posted
1 hour ago, Col.Sanders said:

So forcing VR optimized mode is the solution to poor VR performance? Continually making interesting choices about VR. 

Indeed, we now have VR presets for VR Optimization, Low, and Balanced; the others are gone. :classic_rolleyes:

  • Confused 1

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...