Husar Posted September 30 Posted September 30 While mission files are downloading from multiplayer server the image in VR is broken, like duble not synchronized 2d images overlapping.
ekoksk Posted September 30 Posted September 30 Unfortunately, it’s a disappointment for VR. It’s already obvious from the player counts on Combat Box and other servers that the situation is dire. It’s a real shame; the future doesn't look very bright. 1 1
Yankee_One Posted September 30 Posted September 30 Had to fight with crashes, until now. The new graphical settings solved this problem...hopefully. Seems they have gone but i have to test it with the new patch. Thank you team, i hope i can enjoy Korea!!
snocc Posted September 30 Posted September 30 7 hours ago, FuriousMeow said: Are there keys/buttons these can be mapped to? There's only one instrument related action and selection only brings up camera stuff. I'd like to map to my HOTAS and not use a a radial graphic. The only other thing I could think would be gauge commands under systems -> devices? Yep, that's it. Woof, a few unnecessary things there. Would be easier to have a fuel tank cycle key - or two - and a fuel pump on/off key. Having to jump through the first two sets of commands just to switch fuel tanks is a bit much. EDIT: Didn't know the angle of the rear view mirror could be adjusted, that's neat. But also could be its own command and not nested. EDIT2: I'm hoping this is just an introduction to the fuel system, the fuel helper disabled doesn't carry over to the next flight and with the HUD not active - how I prefer to play - its not obvious and so the inputs don't do anything. Anyway, please individual key presses - just need a fuel tank selection one way and the other way that can be mapped to HOTAS without nesting because without HUD that kind of thing doesn't work at all and I personally despise the HUD crutch. i hope it becomes a part of the hud radial menu soon, it felt like such a neat solution compared to great battles i really dont want to go back to needing to bind up stuff like this or have to shift through each instrument and option with keyboard binds 😭
AndreiTomescu Posted September 30 Posted September 30 9 hours ago, JG4_Moltke71 said: Should it make a difference if I dropped the droptanks or bring em home? just don't bring your bombs home !!! 😂🤣 droptanks don't impact ordonance consumption, said LukeFF. Oreoreeeoyeero!
OAE Posted September 30 Posted September 30 1 hour ago, T24_Martin said: Thanks! Yes I was already trying different things as well as different render resolution to 85% or 75%. What confuses me, is that IL-2GB runs smooth at 90Hz (no AA, max or ultra settings) besides being a much older, much less vr optimized engine. Even DCS runs smooth at 90Hz with 100% render resolution, high settings and DLSS + Quad Views. And they picture is so much better then Korea. I have plenty of experience with VR and flightsims, so it just feels as if there is much room for improvement. Maybe I was just expecting to much, because it is a brand new engine compared to DCS and GB. I had a OG Crystal a Super UW and a Super Oled. I would never go back. The Dream Air (LH) is sooo much better! yes that's right, i have micro stuttering in both 72hz, 90hz and 120hz no matter what settings i use. fps is ok. the game is unoptimized, that's how it is. 1 Pimax Crystal Light, RTX 5080, 5800X3D, 64GB
1C Game Studios Regingrave Posted September 30 1C Game Studios Posted September 30 16 часов назад, Rocket_Knut сказал: Update? Nice. D/L, install, fire up the game, checking aircraft in front of clouds, still not fixed. It´s so frustrating... Hi, do you have an AMD card? Can you please send us a mission where this occurs? It could be tied to exact weather/clouds type. 2
Tvrdi Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) Great update and much needed fixes (structural strenghts fixes specifically). But I'm a little disappointed that they didn't include a HUD modification so that you can finally remove that warthunder like score bar at the top of the screen with the chat remaining. Edited September 30 by Tvrdi 3
Valis Posted September 30 Posted September 30 21 minutes ago, Regingrave said: Hi, do you have an AMD card? Can you please send us a mission where this occurs? It could be tied to exact weather/clouds type. I have an AMD 9070XT. It happens with all cloud types, at least every cloud type I've encountered (on & offline) If you watch this video the glitch occurs based on how far the aircraft is from the camera. When it's close there is no bug, then as you move further away it occurs. 1 2
Kaenzdhi Posted September 30 Posted September 30 10 minutes ago, Valis said: I have an AMD 9070XT. It happens with all cloud types, at least every cloud type I've encountered (on & offline) If you watch this video the glitch occurs based on how far the aircraft is from the camera. When it's close there is no bug, then as you move further away it occurs. Same problem here, AMD 7800XT 1 1
1C Game Studios Regingrave Posted September 30 1C Game Studios Posted September 30 15 часов назад, JG4_Moltke71 сказал: Exactly this. So far I prevented night missions because this reason and I didn’t activate HDR because its looking not good. 15 часов назад, 86Cheese сказал: night time skybox/brightness/contrast/whatever the deal is there(seriously, just look at what nighttime looks like with HDR turned off, idk how the game shipped this way honestly), general HDR rendering goofiness Hi, can you please clarify what those problems look like (heavily posterized clouds and sky on medium settings, I guess)? You mean HDR off or on, or both options looking bad? We could be looking on two different settings here. Can you post screenshots of your graphic settings? Links to original bug report would be welcome too.
AndreiTomescu Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) 50 minutes ago, OAE said: micro stuttering in both 72hz, 90hz and 120hz no matter what settings i use. fps is ok. displayed fps is just the average. if the 99th % lows are...low, stuttering is high. i had (in 2d) horrible stuttering, with drops to half, no matter what fps capped i used. otherwise the game could run if uncapped at 170-180 fps no sweat. what really helped was to set tessellation to be controlled by game, and not by adrenaline software, and to capp fps ingame, not by radeon chill. still stuttering when a new asset is generated on map, but short. maybe it helps 5 minutes ago, Kaenzdhi said: the glitch occurs based on how far the aircraft is from the camera. When it's close there is no bug, then as you move further away it occurs it might be stupid what i ask, but: moving camera away doesn't mean that clouds might be interposed between the camera and the plane? also have 9070xt, and this is what i thought. if clouds are between camera and plane, the plane's body is partly obscured by clouds. Edited September 30 by AndreiTomescu i have clouds on high 1 Oreoreeeoyeero!
LuftManu Posted September 30 Posted September 30 So after a few hours yesterday! This is my view on the new AI. I already liked the Korea AI better than GB. They did more things, even if there were crashes or lack of feedback. That is and was my opinion. So the new things: Air to ground Air to ground now works much better or faster I would say. The AI will dive and bomb or use rockets. No more loitering The new feedback lets you know that they head the order and they are attacking or droppinb bombs. This fixes the "Are they doing something? I will wait" The new convos are not in subtitles (at least in Spanish) so be sure to be in first person to hear them (3, bombs away... 4, bombs away) I tried different career missions and task editor missions, every time there was a ground target, the AI did attack perfectly. Sometimes some planes would need another pass. This only happened when I was leading a flight of 12 but hey... at least 8-9 bombs dropped on the first pass. I don't think this is a bug. They need to find target too! I ordered the AI to go for figthers and another section to go for ground targets (AA), it worked fine. I repeated this twice. It worked fine all the time. (Last Mustang exam mission) Air combat AI now tries to shake you from their tail. If they have altitude, more vertical maneouvers will be done. This already happened before but now it's more constant and realistic. This lead to AI not hitting the enemy in front and them trying to shakem them off. Looked realisitc Difficulty levels are much more notable. Novice will be like a an airline pilot. An Ace will get you head on and on high angles. For example, with the MiG an ACE can wipe out a few planes whereas a novice will fail to hit the same targets most of the time. I've seen perforated planes going back to base on the enemy side after I hit them. They looked like they were disengaging. Ordered my guys to return formation and the fight ended with no casualties. AI seems more active when needed and more passive when doing their thing. I would love them to be even more aggresive! Taxi and others 0 crashes or planes hitting eachother. Same with landings and takeoffs. 0. Used Kimpo, Osan and Antung with various missions. Planes stopped when I stopped suddenly on taxi. No crashes. Extra convo, like in air to ground, lets you know what they are doing. All in all, I had good expectations and I had tons of fun. I recommend trying it. Many of the annoying things in career that could happen related to AI are gone: Crashes, wingmen not dropping ordnance. And the cherry on top is having the MiGs on the MiG alley now or manual fuel management. I had a great time and found the AI A LOT less frustrating. I enjoyed the air combat and had fun also ordering my guys to divide the attention in the air and the ground. For those who thought that AI would not improve, I hope this shows the opposite and it's just the first AI patch 🙂 Great work team!!!!! 2 5 Rig: RTX 5090 ASUS TUF / Ryzen 9850 X3D /Gigabyte X870E Pro X3D Motherboard / 48 GB DDR5 Teamgroup 8000 MT/s / MSI 321 URX QD-OLED 32" 4K
OAE Posted September 30 Posted September 30 14 minutes ago, AndreiTomescu said: displayed fps is just the average. if the 99th % lows are...low, stuttering is high. i had (in 2d) horrible stuttering, with drops to half, no matter what fps capped i used. otherwise the game could run if uncapped at 170-180 fps no sweat. what really helped was to set tessellation to be controlled by game, and not by adrenaline software, and to capp fps ingame, not by radeon chill. still stuttering when a new asset is generated on map, but short. maybe it helps The bottleneck lies in the game engine's "Render Thread"; at its core, the IL-2 engine (even with the *Korea* updates) is an old DirectX 11-based architecture. This means that almost everything related to VR rendering is forced through a single core on your processor (the Render Thread)!!?? This creates frame pacing issues—the interval between frames varies by a few milliseconds. This is precisely what I experience as constant micro-stutter, regardless of whether you lock the frame rate to 72 Hz or 120 Hz. 1 Pimax Crystal Light, RTX 5080, 5800X3D, 64GB
robzerg Posted September 30 Posted September 30 27 minutes ago, Valis said: I have an AMD 9070XT. It happens with all cloud types, at least every cloud type I've encountered (on & offline) If you watch this video the glitch occurs based on how far the aircraft is from the camera. When it's close there is no bug, then as you move further away it occurs. Exact same problem with me. 6800 XT, all mission and cloud types. 2
Rocho Posted September 30 Posted September 30 11 minutes ago, Regingrave said: Hi, can you please clarify what those problems look like (heavily posterized clouds and sky on medium settings, I guess)? You mean HDR off or on, or both options looking bad? We could be looking on two different settings here. Can you post screenshots of your graphic settings? Links to original bug report would be welcome too. Hi, In my case, the skybox and clouds show noticeable color banding, as well as stars that are excessively large. The airplane cockpit also exhibits banding, pixelation, and false colors, it is awful. As for the lights at airports and cities, when viewed from the external view, there’s a bug where the left eye sees an exaggerated glare effect and the right eye sees a completely different one—one that’s dimmer and more realistic—and the combination of the two is very jarring and uncomfortable. I don't fly at night because of all of these glitches.
ATAG_Ezzie Posted September 30 Posted September 30 6 hours ago, JG14_Jagr said: Since installing the update I've noticed some un commanded actions. i.e. when I press "N: to open the planning map in flight the auto leveler would activate. Same if I hit the Q menu key. I did not have "N" mapped to anything else, especially the auto helpers. I even deleted all the auto helper key bindings to see if that would help. The others I was flying with on Combat Box were also having some off key assignment issues that just started with the update. I have had something similar on CB. I have my map on/off assigned to a HOTAS button and have the nav lights on/off assigned to a HOTAS switch. I also have the bomb arm/disarm assigned to another HOTAS switch. I have used this set up for 100s/1000s of hours in FC and GB and was using it successfully thus far in Korea (maybe 40 - 50 hrs flight time) After the patch here's what has happened (a) Nav lights are off (b) I press the map on/off button to review my flight path and work out my current location - i do this a lot of times each sortie (c) I press the map on/off button to close the map which it does (d) At the exact time i press the map on/off button i get a message saying nav lights on - this is 100% uncommanded and the lights are turned on (e) I can rinse and repeat (b) to (d) for as long as i want (f) One time after i had set my bombs to armed i did (b) and (c) and in addition to turning my nav light on my bombs were disarmed according to the message Given how often i use the map in a sortie this isnt ideal, especially the uncommanded nav light activation if I'm over enemy territory at the time. Does this need to written up in a bug log or will it be OK just to leave it here? Ezzie 1
Leifr Posted September 30 Posted September 30 43 minutes ago, Valis said: I have an AMD 9070XT. It happens with all cloud types, at least every cloud type I've encountered (on & offline) If you watch this video the glitch occurs based on how far the aircraft is from the camera. When it's close there is no bug, then as you move further away it occurs. -video snip- Yes, I see exactly the same effect with both my older 6700XT and the new 9070XT that I bought specifically for Korea. It makes contact spotting very frustrating at any sort of reasonable range.
Valis Posted September 30 Posted September 30 46 minutes ago, AndreiTomescu said: it might be stupid what i ask, but: moving camera away doesn't mean that clouds might be interposed between the camera and the plane? No, clouds can be miles away from the aircraft and it still occurs. If you watch the video I only move the camera a few meters away and the bug appears. 1
ATAG_Ezzie Posted September 30 Posted September 30 14 minutes ago, ATAG_Ezzie said: I have had something similar on CB. I have my map on/off assigned to a HOTAS button and have the nav lights on/off assigned to a HOTAS switch. I also have the bomb arm/disarm assigned to another HOTAS switch. I have used this set up for 100s/1000s of hours in FC and GB and was using it successfully thus far in Korea (maybe 40 - 50 hrs flight time) After the patch here's what has happened (a) Nav lights are off (b) I press the map on/off button to review my flight path and work out my current location - i do this a lot of times each sortie (c) I press the map on/off button to close the map which it does (d) At the exact time i press the map on/off button i get a message saying nav lights on - this is 100% uncommanded and the lights are turned on (e) I can rinse and repeat (b) to (d) for as long as i want (f) One time after i had set my bombs to armed i did (b) and (c) and in addition to turning my nav light on my bombs were disarmed according to the message Given how often i use the map in a sortie this isnt ideal, especially the uncommanded nav light activation if I'm over enemy territory at the time. Does this need to written up in a bug log or will it be OK just to leave it here? Ezzie I was able to replicate the above offline in the Fly Now mode so its not an online caused issue it seems A couple of times after i pressed the map on/off button to turn it off my aircraft deployed the flaps or the undercarriage at the exact time i pressed the button. I have the flaps raise/lower assigned to a HOTAS toggle and the undercarriage assigned to a HOTAS switch. Again I have been using this set up for a long time with no issue. And interestingly it seems the bug has a memory. In one flight I got both the lights and bombs de-armed messages when i pressed the on/off map button after having previously commanded the bobms to arm and lights off in that sortie. When i restarted the flight and did the map on/off procedure i got both the bombs arm and lights on/off commands even though i hadnt touched them in the new sortie. I have no idea how this works in software re the switch commands but it seems like previous commands are getting 'stuck' in some sort of memory buffer so that when the map on/off button is pressed they are activated out of this buffer at the same time. Sorry if this is nothing like how the software works....
Husar Posted September 30 Posted September 30 2 minutes ago, ATAG_Ezzie said: I was able to replicate the above offline in the Fly Now mode so its not an online caused issue it seems A couple of times after i pressed the map on/off button to turn it off my aircraft deployed the flaps or the undercarriage at the exact time i pressed the button. I have the flaps raise/lower assigned to a HOTAS toggle and the undercarriage assigned to a HOTAS switch. Again I have been using this set up for a long time with no issue. And interestingly it seems the bug has a memory. In one flight I got both the lights and bombs de-armed messages when i pressed the on/off map button after having previously commanded the bobms to arm and lights off in that sortie. When i restarted the flight and did the map on/off procedure i got both the bombs arm and lights on/off commands even though i hadnt touched them in the new sortie. I have no idea how this works in software re the switch commands but it seems like previous commands are getting 'stuck' in some sort of memory buffer so that when the map on/off button is pressed they are activated out of this buffer at the same time. Sorry if this is nothing like how the software works.... Can confirm same issue in multiplayer and map on/off
T24_Martin Posted September 30 Posted September 30 49 minutes ago, OAE said: The bottleneck lies in the game engine's "Render Thread"; at its core, the IL-2 engine (even with the *Korea* updates) is an old DirectX 11-based architecture. This means that almost everything related to VR rendering is forced through a single core on your processor (the Render Thread)!!?? This creates frame pacing issues—the interval between frames varies by a few milliseconds. This is precisely what I experience as constant micro-stutter, regardless of whether you lock the frame rate to 72 Hz or 120 Hz. Really?! I thought it is a new engine, that's why it can not be translated backwards to GB.
robzerg Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) 1 hour ago, AndreiTomescu said: displayed fps is just the average. if the 99th % lows are...low, stuttering is high. i had (in 2d) horrible stuttering, with drops to half, no matter what fps capped i used. otherwise the game could run if uncapped at 170-180 fps no sweat. what really helped was to set tessellation to be controlled by game, and not by adrenaline software, and to capp fps ingame, not by radeon chill. still stuttering when a new asset is generated on map, but short. maybe it helps it might be stupid what i ask, but: moving camera away doesn't mean that clouds might be interposed between the camera and the plane? also have 9070xt, and this is what i thought. if clouds are between camera and plane, the plane's body is partly obscured by clouds. It's this kind of cumulative tips and suggestions which make all the difference... I've just made this adjustment and will be interested to see how it pans out. I also found stuttering reduced when I disabled the 'sharpen' filter. That, and reducing the FOV (for my VR headset, which made a HUGE difference). I have disabled upscaling, and have AA off (bizarrely I don't get any significant pixelation, though I do have the landscape filter set to 'blurred'). The clouds rendering infront of planes is my last real issue - it might be we find some tweak in the AMD settings which is causing this too; here's hoping :) Edited September 30 by robzerg 1
Rocket_Knut Posted September 30 Posted September 30 2 hours ago, Regingrave said: Hi, do you have an AMD card? Can you please send us a mission where this occurs? It could be tied to exact weather/clouds type. Yes I do. Here´s your mission file. trk.7z 1
Oigan Posted September 30 Posted September 30 Всем привет! Зачем разработчики убрали выбор настроек "высокие" и "ультра" для VR не понятно ( играю в VR)...? Раньше играл на "ультра" и меня устраивало на 80% . Теперь либо "оптимизация для VR" либо "средние" настройки графики, это копец товарищи... Всё фризит, лагает играть нет желания вообще.. Но таки комплимент разработчикам сделаю.. ИИ мне понравился очень правдоподобно выглядит. Ведомый сообщает что у меня на хвосте противник!! Круто!! Честно сказать надеялся что для VR разработчики сделают оптимизацию но по факту у меня стало все плохо... Ээхх... 1
Recommended Posts