JG4_Moltke71 Posted October 1 Posted October 1 27 minutes ago, BoeingVertol said: Yes, going to take an update of some sort to fix it seems like. Deleted/reinstalled game and rebound and still happening. Tired of troubleshooting at this point. Haven't been able to play without something crazy happening binding wise since the update. Zero issues ever before, tons of playtime. I am sorry to hear that 🙁 As soon I have time I will check also other keybinds I have on the warthog throttle are affected by this problem but I am aware yes 🫣 it’s a fundamental problem and an issue like this, what make the game unplayable for owners of a specific item, should be hotfixed before the week ends !!! ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset
FuriousMeow Posted October 1 Posted October 1 Well, I mostly like the update. I'm glad planes aren't instantly trailing black smoke after a .50 sneezes at it quickly followed by fire... but I can still down 11 planes in a duel scenario with quite a bit of ammo remaining. The "until out of ammo" option in the duel task editor scenario is still borked since last patch - planes keep spawning. And hopefully the fuel stuff can get moved to individual key presses to bind to HOTAS. I don't play with the HUD and the only way to use the fuel system is with the HUD. Fingers crossed it won't be that hard. Just need a fuel tank next and previous, and a booster on/off (I guess? I thought that got turned on in the start-up procedure?) And it looks like the tree grid spawn/despawn has improved quite a bit. Still present at the screen edges but didn't see it in the middle of the screen like before.
FuriousMeow Posted October 1 Posted October 1 5 hours ago, JG4_Moltke71 said: TFor example how to detect the moment when the drop tanks are empty? 🤔 Depends on the plane, but the tanks didn't have gauges. Some planes the DTs drained into the main tank and once that tank gauge began to drop, that's when the DTs were empty. For the F51, try to calculate about when the tanks would run dry - switching between them periodically during the flight after initially running the aux/aft tank - and when fuel pressure began to fluctuate or engine began to sputter/starve, switch back to what was left in the aux/aft tank until it did the same thing or you see that gauge at 0, then go to wing tanks and switch back and forth with those. But it really depends on the aircraft and how the fuel feed works, so would need to look that up. I haven't looked at the in-game handbook yet to see if that's mentioned in it. 1
Bert_Foster Posted October 1 Posted October 1 The current implementation of Manual fuel system control is I think we all agree a bit confusing and clumsy. That together with the issues with Manual Fuel start on the MIG15 make it more a chore than a nice system. At this stage there is only one aeroplane that imo benefits from manual fuel control and thats the F51 since the auto routine is pretty dumb and results in significant lateral fuel imbalances. There is a useful workaround. A default keybinding exists to turn Fuel Helper on and off in game (RWIN+V). If you leave the Fuel helper enabled in the game interface you can then just turn Fuel helper off as required. So if in the F51 and you want to manually select tanks just turn the helper OFF then (by way of the maze of key selections) switch tanks as required. In the MIG15 once the engine is started turning off the helper works just fine with none of the nuisance warnings and flame outs ... just start with the helper on.
T24_Martin Posted October 1 Posted October 1 (edited) 7 hours ago, Panzerlang said: It exactly is quad views, just by a different name (and maker). If your headset has eye tracking the latest two versions accommodate that too, otherwise it's fixed to center. When I open its menu in-game (F8) it shows me I'm getting an extra 30+ FPS and frametime hugely improved too. There's a switch to turn it on and off so you can immediately compare too. It's a massive game-changer. 🙂 @LukeFF if I recall correctly it was stated from official side, that foveated rendering/ quad views will not give real benefits. According to Dev Blog #81, the new DirectX 12 engine handles pixel shaders differently, meaning Quad Views yields minimal performance benefits (~5%) compared to other titles because their shaders are already deeply optimized. Is this assumption maybe incorrect? Edited October 1 by T24_Martin
MattM Posted October 1 Posted October 1 8 hours ago, BoeingVertol said: Thank you! Will pass to the dev I am troubleshooting with, they might be related. Anyone else having this same issue using the Warthog? I think it just has to do with permanent switches, like those two way switches on the Warthog. I don’t have a Warthog myself, but it happens on the VPC throttle and Moza MLTP too. Inputs that are bound to those switches get randomly triggered.
Rocket_Knut Posted October 1 Posted October 1 Besides the key mapping stuff improving the game experience in a new and creative way... Anybody noticed the treelines/ridges in the distance? Now flickering in black? 2
AEthelraedUnraed Posted October 1 Posted October 1 @LukeFF thanks for the roadmap announcement. Will early access proceed as in GB, i.e. aircraft are released one by one as they're ready? Or will it be more like Korea, where they're released all at once a month or so before release? 1
Husar Posted October 1 Posted October 1 (edited) 55 minutes ago, Rocket_Knut said: Anybody noticed the treelines/ridges in the distance? Now flickering in black Yes , I have noticed this artifacts since the game release. I think it's a DLSS upscaling artifact or DX12 side effect using similar light shaft effect in game engine because it's very similar to the the “Light shafts” feature in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 that creates undesirable black lines near the horizon line while using foveated rendering. Edited October 1 by Husar
Husar Posted October 1 Posted October 1 9 hours ago, Panzerlang said: It exactly is quad views, just by a different name (and maker). If your headset has eye tracking the latest two versions accommodate that too, otherwise it's fixed to center. When I open its menu in-game (F8) it shows me I'm getting an extra 30+ FPS and frametime hugely improved too. There's a switch to turn it on and off so you can immediately compare too. It's a massive game-changer. 🙂 Cheeky Foveated DLSS technically isn’t Quad Views, but in some scenarios it can be a better option when you don’t have much CPU headroom. The GPU performance savings are significant, and unlike Quad Views, it doesn’t require additional CPU cycles to calculate the view regions.
Rocho Posted October 1 Posted October 1 (edited) 11 hours ago, YoYo said: Another thing worth mentioning following patch 1.004 is that the radio chatter in the campaign sounds great now, there is much more of it, and you hear occasional commands, reports, details about weaponry being used, and so on. The same applies to takeoffs and landings. It really adds to the atmosphere. Thanks! 👍 I had the same problem before version 1.004. It seems to be resolved now (VR), tested with HDR off: Yesterday I tested flying at night in VR both with and without HDR enabled. HDR enabled, same horrible graphics than those posted by JG4_Moltke71. HDR disabled, even more dreadful graphics, as if they were 8-bit color. Edited October 1 by Rocho
Valis Posted October 1 Posted October 1 1 hour ago, Rocket_Knut said: Besides the key mapping stuff improving the game experience in a new and creative way... Anybody noticed the treelines/ridges in the distance? Now flickering in black? Comes with fog; been there as long as I can remember.
1C Game Studios Regingrave Posted October 1 1C Game Studios Posted October 1 14 часов назад, JG4_Moltke71 сказал: The problem are these colours, so it’s looks like you are on a heavy LSD trip. Ingame HDR enabled solve this problem but I don’t like to activate it because I don’t like the HDR effects. Not an HDR issue at all 😉Windows HDR is also disabled. The problem are the colours, they are totally broken in the environment but also in the cockpit I can send you my graphic settings when I have time for it, right now my work schedule doesn’t allow. Hi, do you use the Low preset in your graphic settings?
1C Game Studios Regingrave Posted October 1 1C Game Studios Posted October 1 13 часов назад, MattM сказал: I also encountered random key inputs, like the gear extending and map showing up when clicking other commands. Also once when i was hitting ESC, the canopy would open randomly instead of the menu. Definitely not a misbind and it only appeared after this update. 12 часов назад, BoeingVertol сказал: What throttle are you using? This is the last thing I can think of after trying everything including a reinstall/rebind, the issue persists. I have the Warthog, was working fine w/ zero issue before the update, now the game is unplayable. 11 часов назад, JG4_Moltke71 сказал: I have also a thruster warthog one of the switches I use to open/close canopy Hello there! We've found the way it reproduces, I guess it happen when the switch is put into On position, which makes the "button" is constantly pressed when the mission is started, so when you press ESC or other command, it automatically triggers the mapped function on. To mitigate the issue for now you can make sure all switches you're using are in Off position when you're starting the mission, please give it a try — will it help?
OAE Posted October 1 Posted October 1 Why am I getting 20–30 lower FPS with "VR optimized" compared to "Balanced"? That completely defies logic. 1 Pimax Crystal Light, RTX 5080, 5800X3D, 64GB
Rocket_Knut Posted October 1 Posted October 1 1 hour ago, Valis said: Comes with fog; been there as long as I can remember. That´s strange. Never noticed it before 1.004 when playing the game yesterday on CB. And in sp I set clouds, fog and haze to the worst. Since weather is the one area, where this game really shows improvements over older versions like Normandy.
1C Game Studios Regingrave Posted October 1 1C Game Studios Posted October 1 2 часа назад, Rocket_Knut сказал: Anybody noticed the treelines/ridges in the distance? Now flickering in black? Hi, what is your graphic card, AMD or NVidia?
MajorMagee Posted October 1 Posted October 1 7 hours ago, FuriousMeow said: Depends on the plane, but the tanks didn't have gauges. Some planes the DTs drained into the main tank and once that tank gauge began to drop, that's when the DTs were empty. For the F51, try to calculate about when the tanks would run dry - switching between them periodically during the flight after initially running the aux/aft tank - and when fuel pressure began to fluctuate or engine began to sputter/starve, switch back to what was left in the aux/aft tank until it did the same thing or you see that gauge at 0, then go to wing tanks and switch back and forth with those. But it really depends on the aircraft and how the fuel feed works, so would need to look that up. I haven't looked at the in-game handbook yet to see if that's mentioned in it. This brings to mind the fuel management system initially installed on the KC-46. The fuel being delivered during in-flight refueling is drawn from the tanker's own fuel tanks. For various weight saving reasons the boom was plumbed into only one of the several tanks. Strangely that tank could only be refilled through tank transfers that would put the plane so far out of trim it would crash if any of the other tanks were emptied first. Until we got it changed they could only off-load about 10% of their potential refueling capacity before they had to stop. Service To The Line, On The Line, On Time! 9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz
Rocket_Knut Posted October 1 Posted October 1 36 minutes ago, Regingrave said: Hi, what is your graphic card, AMD or NVidia? Told you just yesterday.
OAE Posted October 1 Posted October 1 40 minutes ago, Regingrave said: Hi, what is your graphic card, AMD or NVidia? Same here, 5080 Pimax Crystal Light, RTX 5080, 5800X3D, 64GB
Jegirs Posted October 1 Posted October 1 15 часов назад, Kaenzdhi сказал: Hmm, well, no, not really. Yes! I had the same problem, but a few weeks ago. The Il-10s were also taxiing along the taxiway at an insane speed, but they only started crashing once they reached the runway.
Strat40 Posted October 1 Posted October 1 2 hours ago, Regingrave said: Hello there! We've found the way it reproduces, I guess it happen when the switch is put into On position, which makes the "button" is constantly pressed when the mission is started, so when you press ESC or other command, it automatically triggers the mapped function on. To mitigate the issue for now you can make sure all switches you're using are in Off position when you're starting the mission, please give it a try — will it help? Before 1.004, I had no problem so it is something you added with this patch. With 1.004, The toggle command (of the Virpil Hotas) to get the briefing map made the engine switch off and the canopy to open and fly away at the same time. Escape command (on my keybord) did the same. I tried only once because I got to go to work. Your solution seems to work partialy: the engine doesn't stop, but the canopy still open and fly away. Will try this evening.
Fabry_ASW19 Posted October 1 Posted October 1 As of now this Patch have: 1) Messed my VR setting bringing lower FPS (fixed by unselecting VR optimized and going back to previous setting). 2) Control mapping was messed and aircraft execute unwanted actions 3) Killed Combat Box online sever which was the only populated Server. so effectively prevented a whole multiplayer community to use the game. I know that unwanted consequences must be frustrating for 1C devs as well and I don't want to diminish their dedication ta build a great simulator but please consider retracting the patch and going back to previous build. 1.0004 Build needs a long Open Beta testing before going live again. 1 2
S.Darius/S.Girenas Posted October 1 Posted October 1 This dude now hospitalized for ever, cool update! I wish we could get more PROMOTE POINTS
BoeingVertol Posted October 1 Posted October 1 (edited) 4 hours ago, Regingrave said: Hello there! We've found the way it reproduces, I guess it happen when the switch is put into On position, which makes the "button" is constantly pressed when the mission is started, so when you press ESC or other command, it automatically triggers the mapped function on. To mitigate the issue for now you can make sure all switches you're using are in Off position when you're starting the mission, please give it a try — will it help? I fought this issue and troubleshot for most of the evening after the patch dropped, and quite a few hours yesterday. This included reinstalling the game and redoing bindings. If this is the "fix" I am extremely disappointed, and every flight is 1 missed switch away from having to restart. Edited October 1 by BoeingVertol 9800X3D/5070Ti IL-2 GB/FC/Korea
Recommended Posts