LuftManu Posted September 30 Posted September 30 For those who have issue with VR I recommend you this: Had a friend test it and he had gone from unplayable to fun in less than 5 mins. Bad thing? It's an injector and if the server is configured as to reject, it won't let you play. Maybe it's good for server owners to disable this feature until better performance arrives. Rig: RTX 5090 ASUS TUF / Ryzen 9850 X3D /Gigabyte X870E Pro X3D Motherboard / 48 GB DDR5 Teamgroup 8000 MT/s / MSI 321 URX QD-OLED 32" 4K
Husar Posted September 30 Posted September 30 5 minutes ago, LuftManu said: For those who have issue with VR I recommend you this: Had a friend test it and he had gone from unplayable to fun in less than 5 mins. Bad thing? It's an injector and if the server is configured as to reject, it won't let you play. Maybe it's good for server owners to disable this feature until better performance arrives. Unfortunately, the only server with any actual players had the injector disabled... Just my luck. 😐 1
LuftManu Posted September 30 Posted September 30 1 minute ago, Husar said: Unfortunately, the only server with any actual players had the injector disabled... Just my luck. 😐 That's a shame! With the low playercount, maybe Combat Box would open this? I don't think cheating is a big thing 😄 A friend got 30% improvement with this. Rig: RTX 5090 ASUS TUF / Ryzen 9850 X3D /Gigabyte X870E Pro X3D Motherboard / 48 GB DDR5 Teamgroup 8000 MT/s / MSI 321 URX QD-OLED 32" 4K
Husar Posted September 30 Posted September 30 7 minutes ago, LuftManu said: That's a shame! With the low playercount, maybe Combat Box would open this? I don't think cheating is a big thing 😄 A friend got 30% improvement with this. It can't hurt to ask.
robzerg Posted September 30 Posted September 30 19 minutes ago, LuftManu said: For those who have issue with VR I recommend you this: Had a friend test it and he had gone from unplayable to fun in less than 5 mins. Bad thing? It's an injector and if the server is configured as to reject, it won't let you play. Maybe it's good for server owners to disable this feature until better performance arrives. Is this for Nvidia cards only, or does it work with/is a version available for AMD cards?
LuftManu Posted September 30 Posted September 30 2 minutes ago, robzerg said: Is this for Nvidia cards only, or does it work with/is a version available for AMD cards? Only for Nvidia as it uses DLSS. Maybe if you use optiscaler as another layer, it could work simulating DLSS with FSR 4.1 input? Rig: RTX 5090 ASUS TUF / Ryzen 9850 X3D /Gigabyte X870E Pro X3D Motherboard / 48 GB DDR5 Teamgroup 8000 MT/s / MSI 321 URX QD-OLED 32" 4K
Gunfreak Posted September 30 Posted September 30 I was looking forward to this patch. But i have no wish to play a game forcing my to live with bad graphics. It ran ok on my very powerful PC. And i won't accept having to play with lower settings because the developers force that on me. I stopped playing GB because of the bad graphics. 2 2
robzerg Posted September 30 Posted September 30 Back to the AMD cloud issue, after a little experimenting this only happens to aircraft at a specific distance of 50 metres or greater: RX 6800XT, 5900X, 32GB DDR4
1C Game Studios Regingrave Posted September 30 1C Game Studios Posted September 30 9 минут назад, robzerg сказал: Back to the AMD cloud issue, after a little experimenting this only happens to aircraft at a specific distance of 50 metres or greater: RX 6800XT, 5900X, 32GB DDR4 4 часа назад, robzerg сказал: Exact same problem with me. 6800 XT, all mission and cloud types. 5 часов назад, Valis сказал: I have an AMD 9070XT. It happens with all cloud types, at least every cloud type I've encountered (on & offline) If you watch this video the glitch occurs based on how far the aircraft is from the camera. When it's close there is no bug, then as you move further away it occurs. Thanks for the useful info! Will be patched in the hotfix. 5 часов назад, Rocho сказал: Hi, In my case, the skybox and clouds show noticeable color banding, as well as stars that are excessively large. The airplane cockpit also exhibits banding, pixelation, and false colors, it is awful. As for the lights at airports and cities, when viewed from the external view, there’s a bug where the left eye sees an exaggerated glare effect and the right eye sees a completely different one—one that’s dimmer and more realistic—and the combination of the two is very jarring and uncomfortable. I don't fly at night because of all of these glitches. What are your graphic settings? Please send me your /data/startup.cfg file or a screenshot of the ingame settings. 2
GiftGruen Posted September 30 Posted September 30 4 hours ago, Husar said: Can confirm same issue in multiplayer and map on/off I also can confirm. Map on/off switches my landing lights. Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea
Talisman Posted September 30 Posted September 30 9 hours ago, T24_Martin said: I am pretty disappointed. Several weeks after release and VR is still unplayable. I can not believe, that the serious solution to force VR optimized! Clearly the wrong direction for customers. Sure all these other updates are great and welcome, but they do not matter if you can not enjoy the game. The fundamentals must be achieved first, then add all the goodies. I am a VR only guy and unfortunately as long as this is not solved the the game collects virtual dust. So sad! Please team, shift your focus on a proper VR experience. Best! Also very disappointed to say the least! I was getting best results in VR with ULTRA graphics, not vr optimized. Please bring back ULTRA for vr users. 6
robzerg Posted September 30 Posted September 30 11 minutes ago, Regingrave said: Thanks for the useful info! Will be patched in the hotfix. What are your graphic settings? Please send me your /data/startup.cfg file or a screenshot of the ingame settings. Great to hear! I've sent a direct message with my Startup.cfg. The graphical anomoly happens with all cloud settings - low, med, high & ultra.
Jaegermeister Posted September 30 Posted September 30 The "Home by Christmas" campaign was updated, although it was not noted on the official change list Change list for "Home by Christmas" F-51/F-80 scripted campaign following update V 1.004: All missions: Revised AAA and linked objects at airfields to deactivate when not in player vicinity to reduce CPU load. Deleted craters used for damage near Pyongyang to improve frame rates. Revised airspeeds for all flights at altitude to allow 80-90% throttle cruise speeds instead of full throttle to target area and back at high altitude. Revised enemy AAA to improve frame rates. Adjusted GUI map icons. Revised US AI vehicles to appropriate historical types. Specific Missions: Changed AI flight paths and voice messages to match actual behavior. Revised target logic to insure return to base at end of attacks triggers correctly. Moved static scenery to deconflict with linked objects. Corrected waypoint altitudes in certain missions to stay out of cloud cover. Corrected small typos in various missions including target location in mission 05. Corrected missing waypoint link to keep bombers on track to target in mission 11. Corrected target assignment for AI flight in mission 15 so they attack enemy units. 3 5 4 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Joch Posted September 30 Posted September 30 Nice patch, much here to explore. VR already worked fine for me and I was using the VR Optimised preset, so not much change here, although it seems smoother over large cities like Seoul. AI changes are nice. enemy fighters are more of a challenge, friendly AI seems more competent. New radio messages are a nice improvement, but there are too many repetitive calls when taxiing around the airbase. Having more control over the fuel system is a nice touch, but pretty much useless as currently implemented. I would suggest moving it to the Multimenu.
Gunfreak Posted September 30 Posted September 30 I have very little external sounds now. Bullets hitting the aircraft makes no noise at all.
HarryM Posted September 30 Posted September 30 15 minutes ago, Joch said: Nice patch, much here to explore. VR already worked fine for me and I was using the VR Optimised preset, so not much change here, although it seems smoother over large cities like Seoul. AI changes are nice. enemy fighters are more of a challenge, friendly AI seems more competent. New radio messages are a nice improvement, but there are too many repetitive calls when taxiing around the airbase. Having more control over the fuel system is a nice touch, but pretty much useless as currently implemented. I would suggest moving it to the Multimenu. Yeah, the tower yelling at you to keep going forward is annoying. 2
Mark_Krieger Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) Added manual control of aircraft fuel systems. The previous automatic mode remains available as an assistant that can be switched on and off. Valves and pumps are selected using instrument control commands, and control of the assistant has been added to the radial menu of all aircraft. Now I can't find fuel valve management in key mapping controls, so it seems I can only manage fuel with the instruments controls wich is a total pain in the ass. Can't it be done with direct controls? That was one of the features I was expecting with impatience And now I find it works with this system that in my opinion only is useful to players that lack buttons. I can understand that, but why remove the options to the players that have more complex cockpits? Edited September 30 by Mark_Krieger 1 CPU AMD Ryzen 7800 X3D, GPU AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, RAM: 64 Gb DDR5, VR Headset: Quest 3.
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 30 Author 1C Game Studios Posted September 30 12 hours ago, JG14_Jagr said: Since installing the update I've noticed some un commanded actions. i.e. when I press "N: to open the planning map in flight the auto leveler would activate. Same if I hit the Q menu key. I did not have "N" mapped to anything else, especially the auto helpers. I even deleted all the auto helper key bindings to see if that would help. The others I was flying with on Combat Box were also having some off key assignment issues that just started with the update. Need more details here. How do you that auto-level is active? Also a copy of "data/input" folder may be useful for investigation. Thanks 🙂
Talisman Posted September 30 Posted September 30 I was hoping for an option to launch the game in either vr mode or flat screen mode without having to keep changing the startup cfg file. Will we get this much needed option in the next patch?
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 30 Author 1C Game Studios Posted September 30 For career mode, there was another change made for this update: for US squadrons, the tactical codes have been updated to match the ones used by the squadron in reality. In some cases, we "borrowed" numbers from other units to make up the difference, since each unit requires 42 codes (2 for the command section and 40 for everyone else). Still, overall, it looks a lot better (for instance, you'll see a variety of code types applied to F-51 units). This was a big research project I started about 2 years ago for the team. Hope you all like it. 🙂 5 3
kmo1619 Posted September 30 Posted September 30 27 minutes ago, Mark_Krieger said: Added manual control of aircraft fuel systems. The previous automatic mode remains available as an assistant that can be switched on and off. Valves and pumps are selected using instrument control commands, and control of the assistant has been added to the radial menu of all aircraft. Now I can't find fuel valve management in key mapping controls, so it seems I can only manage fuel with the instruments controls wich is a total pain in the ass. Can't it be done with direct controls? That was one of the features I was expecting with impatience And now I find it works with this system that in my opinion only is useful to players that lack buttons. I can understand that, but why remove the options to the players that have more complex cockpits? I was looking for them yesterday too and couldn’t find anything. The funny thing is, I’m pretty sure there used to be a section in the controls for fuel management a couple of weeks ago. I even remember mapping those controls to my HOTAS before realizing they weren’t active yet, so I ended up remapping those buttons to something else. Now I can’t find those fuel-management controls anywhere anymore. Did they remove or hide them?
MiGCap Posted September 30 Posted September 30 9 minutes ago, Talisman said: I was hoping for an option to launch the game in either vr mode or flat screen mode without having to keep changing the startup cfg file. Will we get this much needed option in the next patch? It starts in 2D mode automatically when I shut down the VR goggles. I do not have to change the startup.cfg file.
Jegirs Posted September 30 Posted September 30 10 минут назад, LukeFF сказал: for US squadrons, the tactical codes have been updated Yes, when a new batch of F-51s arrived, I saw some aircraft with numbers in the 900+ range, but on one of the F-51 loading screens I saw an aircraft in the late 12th FBS paint scheme, and it had the number UF-021. However, in Career Mode all the aircraft have FF. Is that how it is supposed to be, or is there a chance of getting a new aircraft with UF?
Avimimus Posted September 30 Posted September 30 1 minute ago, LukeFF said: For career mode, there was another change made for this update: for US squadrons, the tactical codes have been updated to match the ones used by the squadron in reality. In some cases, we "borrowed" numbers from other units to make up the difference, since each unit requires 42 codes (2 for the command section and 40 for everyone else). Still, overall, it looks a lot better (for instance, you'll see a variety of code types applied to F-51 units). This was a big research project I started about 2 years ago for the team. Hope you all like it. 🙂 Thanks for the effort! I'm sure it'll add a lot more than one would guess at first glance... making each unit and aircraft more distinct/recognisable. It also fits well with the efforts to give names/portraits to pilots for the campaign. 1
Kaenzdhi Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) 1) How am I supposed to understand radio message in Russian, korean language ? 2) how I know where to take off ? And NO i don't want to activate the arcadish, War Thunder style HUD(H) nor to have white square or message like" mission complete .." Edited September 30 by Kaenzdhi 1 1
Recommended Posts