Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

  • 1C Game Studios
Posted
22 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Just flew a little bit, turned off the fuel system helper, and, found no way to interact with the fuel tanks to switch them.  I looked in the radial menu, and in all the key settings, the only thing I see is a fuel dump key assignment.

What's up with this?

It's controlled with the instrument selection commands.

AEthelraedUnraed
Posted

Could one of the Devs explain how the new Command:Radio Message MCU works? 🙂

Posted
10 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I remember they said something about optimizing VR for large ground vehicle columns and i don't see it in the release notes.

That's why I'm not passing judgment just yet; I'm about to do some career missions, and we'll see... I was surprised too, though, because there’s no mention of it in the changelog.

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Jaegermeister
Posted
22 minutes ago, AEthelraedUnraed said:

Could one of the Devs explain how the new Command:Radio Message MCU works? 🙂

I think it has to do with this feature in the release notes;

* Radio message commands have been connected to all object types involved in radio communications.

I'll check into it and post whatever I can find out if you don't hear back directly

Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home

Posted (edited)

 

40 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Indeed, we now have VR presets for VR Optimization, Low, and Balanced; the others are gone. :classic_rolleyes:

Hadn’t the time to check it out yet, is there a possibility to switch it back to the old settings manually? Forcing an option to override a solution better working with the own system is not a good idea.

 

Edited by MiGCap
  • Upvote 1
Posted

Yes, the experience during ground attacks in VR is finally much better 👌👌 Lots of good things in this update.

  • Like 1

Pimax Crystal Light, RTX 5080,  5800X3D, 64GB

Posted
45 minutes ago, FuriousMeow said:

Have you reported your specific settings, system configuration, drivers, etc with a bug report? Its not a global issue, so they'll need specific info to look at the cause.

F80clouds1.jpg.b6faf4d48b8b26922764c9355797d128.jpgF80clouds2.jpg.69ae9ddbf1dbbbdd5d34440eb81bbc44.jpg

It's been reported on the IL-2 bug tracker discord, and it seems to be an AMD-only issue, weirdly.

This is how it looks in-game.

 

  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

What do those who have tried the VR version say? Is there any improvement in performance? It doesn't look like it at all in the shared video.

Edited by ekoksk
Posted

I've had very wishy washing sensitive controls in all the aircraft since the very beginning-is there anything new here that might solve this problem with my MSFFB joy stick?🫤


CPU: i7-14700F RAM: iBuyPower 2x16GB 5200MT/s SSD: WD Green SN 3000 1TB NVMe GPU: Nvidia RTX 5060

 

 

USAF-Mitchum-960_640.2jpg.jpg

Posted

Hmmm. I didn‘t ground attack .. just some fighter missions and would rather say VR experience ( with my specs and settings ) is worse.

They took away the higher presets, that‘s probably it, it somehow feels like the previous ‚VR optimized‘ mode that I never liked. Nevertheless still stutters in a simple dogfight near ground… 

But I can also report a good thing 🙂

Had furious dogfights in my Yak against 51s and 80s. Difficult to say after two missions but my clear impression is that the portfolio of defensive manoevers is way better now and I had quite a hard time to get these guys down. Great fun!

Looking forward to watch this in other missions/careers. AI is my most important thing ( besides maybe VR Performance… )

Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air

Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea 

Rocket_Knut
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FuriousMeow said:

Have you reported your specific settings, system configuration, drivers, etc with a bug report? Its not a global issue, so they'll need specific info to look at the cause.

My post got upvoted twice, which makes me think, I´m not the only one. 

Just noticed the video posted by Valis. The issue is known for months now. 

Edited by Rocket_Knut
Posted
1 hour ago, Husar said:

You can have a stable 72 FPS with plenty of CPU/GPU headroom, but when there’s ground action with napalm, the whole game starts stuttering because of the game thread. Look back from ground action and performace is back.

 

Well yeah, running godlike settings in virtual desktop is like 3840x3840 per eye, dude. Turn it down, this is basically 2x super sampling x4, its totally unrealistic frankly. No wonder people are complaining about be performance, now i understand why the devs arent doing anything about. I have a 4080 super and run at high in virtual desktop with most ingame settings at high and it runs fine at 90 fps like 98% of the time. Also, your problem here is latency, your frame rate never drops below like 50fps. Obviously that isnt ideal, but that is the reality of the settings you are using. You are pointing fingers in the wrong direction. These latency spikes are a long standing issue in VD that the devs refuse to acknowledge - source: i was banned from their discord for complaining about it too much. You can see on the performance overlay there is no significant dip in frame rate but there are significant spikes in both latency metrics. 

Posted

I was dogfighting in an F51 in skirmish mode, and during the replay I noticed a Yak was flying around dogfighting without its left stabilizer, like there was nothing wrong with his aircaft. He continued fighting and continued to shoot at other aircraft.

TCW_Brzi_Joe
Posted
7 minutes ago, 86Cheese said:

3840x3840 per eye, dude...  ...No wonder people are complaining about be performance

It is actually undersampling for higher pixel count HMDs, and even 72fps is fist in the eye in this game...
It is not realistic to have in 2026 VR game for quest 3 level resolution only.

 

Posted
3 minutes ago, TCW_Brzi_Joe said:

It is actually undersampling for higher pixel count HMDs, and even 72fps is fist in the eye in this game...
It is not realistic to have in 2026 VR game for quest 3 level resolution only.

 

The quest 3 isnt a "higher pixel count HMD" its on the lower end for 2026. The quest 3 displays are 2064x2200.  Medium settings in virtual desktop are supposed to be native display resolution, which is exactly i get. I am confused why it would show 97% under godlike there when medium shows 100% and high shows 120% on my end. I get the feeling this person is maybe using OpenVR in game and running through steamvr or running tray tool or openxr toolkit and just making things worse. Godlike should be like 200-250% resolution for Q3. Something is not right here

Posted

Yes. This.

I run my DreamAir at 72Hz with 75% Pimax quality which means 3.5x3K per eye.  Fluid on my 5090 high up in the sky but stuttering if near ground.

I could accept the 75% resolution, looked good. Is worse now with the new patch without ( noticable - maybe measurable in small percentage ? ) performance improvements.

Il2 GB feels way smoother at higher Res - and this is a sooo old engine. Korea looks better, yes, but it‘s still a mixed and somewhat frustrating bag even with highest spec hardware.

Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air

Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea 

antibiotik
Posted (edited)

Ограничили применение напалма в карьере

Edited by antibiotik

14700kf,rtx 5070ti,sams 990 pro, ddr5 32, MOZA AB6\ MTP\ MRP\ 27'' 4K 240 Гц

Posted
8 minutes ago, GiftGruen said:

Yes. This.

I run my DreamAir at 72Hz with 75% Pimax quality which means 3.5x3K per eye.  Fluid on my 5090 high up in the sky but stuttering if near ground.

I could accept the 75% resolution, looked good. Is worse now with the new patch without ( noticable - maybe measurable in small percentage ? ) performance improvements.

Il2 GB feels way smoother at higher Res - and this is a sooo old engine. Korea looks better, yes, but it‘s still a mixed and somewhat frustrating bag even with highest spec hardware.

Are you able to run other Sims at native res without performance problems? Im definitely not saying Korea is perfect, but the guy that posted this video complaining about framerate when the problem in the video is very obviously latency, which has nothing to do with the game. I personally would never buy a pimax for Sims because I feel like the overhead needed is unrealistic with current hardware, and in GB and DCS the q3 is kind of the goldilocks zone of performance to clarity. Korea is not, unfortunately, but it is such a significant step up from GB I think people are kind of underestimating what all is going on. At the same time though, 1c's responses regarding have been frustrating and inadequate at best. 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, 86Cheese said:

Well yeah, running godlike settings in virtual desktop is like 3840x3840 per eye, dude. Turn it down, this is basically 2x super sampling x4, its totally unrealistic frankly. No wonder people are complaining about be performance, now i understand why the devs arent doing anything about. I have a 4080 super and run at high in virtual desktop with most ingame settings at high and it runs fine at 90 fps like 98% of the time. Also, your problem here is latency, your frame rate never drops below like 50fps. Obviously that isnt ideal, but that is the reality of the settings you are using. You are pointing fingers in the wrong direction. These latency spikes are a long standing issue in VD that the devs refuse to acknowledge - source: i was banned from their discord for complaining about it too much. You can see on the performance overlay there is no significant dip in frame rate but there are significant spikes in both latency metrics. 

It not a resolution issue , there you have medium resolution and the same result. Latency is not a problem also.   You should know that Godlike is 1.5× the panel resolution, and it is a 1:1 center-panel resolution, not supersampling. Supersampling is when the render resolution is above 100%. The encoding resolution is hardcoded to the preset and is 2/3 of the render resolution.  So before writing a comment like that, it might be worth checking the details first and making sure you have the facts right.image.jpeg.dc23a936e291db7f19b704e9a0e69cb2.jpeg

Edited by Husar
Posted

Well, I owned a QuestPro ( quite long ) and ( shortly ) a Quest3.

While I liked them, already a Pimax Crystal, more so a DreamAir are clearly better for Sims at least if you own a 4090/5080/5090.

However the Sim should look and perform okay with either a Quest3 or a Pimax. That‘s not the case right now, at least not without some severe restrictions.

Just dropping presets is not optimization.

However, to not sound too negative: at least the AI improvements seem to be there as I wrote above. That‘s cool 🙂

  • Upvote 1

Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air

Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea 

Posted

After the patch, the “cost” of ordnance when planning a mission has changed slightly. Previously, each aircraft added 20 units regardless of its payload, but now it seems that each type of external weapon has its own cost... Excellent! Now I'm waiting for the ability to write off aircraft once their engines reach the end of their service life.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Husar said:

It not a resolution issue , there you have medium resolution and the same result. Latency is not a problem also.  image.jpeg.dc23a936e291db7f19b704e9a0e69cb2.jpeg

Something in your set up is seriously messed up. Your render resolution went up to 100% when switching to medium? You just have some sort of display scaling/dynamic resolution factor aet up, no? Are you using openxr tool kit or something? Again im not saying korea is working the way it should, but it seems there is some unknown factor in the video and this screenshot that may be causing additional problems in your case. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 86Cheese said:

Something in your set up is seriously messed up. Your render resolution went up to 100% when switching to medium? You just have some sort of display scaling/dynamic resolution factor aet up, no? Are you using openxr tool kit or something? Again im not saying korea is working the way it should, but it seems there is some unknown factor in the video and this screenshot that may be causing additional problems in your case. 

What are you talking about? The render resolution is always set to 100%. In previous video was not exactly 100% because there was a fov tangent active .... There are no active apps to increase render resolution (no openxr tool kit )

Edited by Husar
  • Upvote 1
Posted
1 hour ago, OAE said:

Yes, the experience during ground attacks in VR is finally much better 👌👌 Lots of good things in this update.

I specifically ran some career missions. It feels better, though it’s still far from ideal. I’m still experiencing stutter in VR when flying over the long convoy I was attacking in career mode; it feels about 50% better, offering a greater sense of better performance, but a 100% improvement is what it would take for things to be truly smooth and perfect. It’s definitely a step forward, though I need to fly more to give a definitive verdict.

Finally, the AI is attacking properly! They used bombs, then rockets, and finally machine guns! All in all, I didn't have much to do. The AI's behavior when attacking ground targets is absolutely exemplary.

  • Thanks 1

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Posted
11 minutes ago, GiftGruen said:

However the Sim should look and perform okay with either a Quest3 or a Pimax. That‘s not the case right now, at least not without some severe restrictions.

Just dropping presets is not optimization.

Im not trying to be rude or mean, but that is like saying performance should be the same on a 1080p monitor and 4k monitor. This is fundamentally not how this stuff works. You cant realistically expect the same performance from 4-6x the pixel count. The scale is not linear, but as an example you would need 4-6x the horse power, some times more, to maintain equivalent performance on a 4k display that you get on a 1080p display. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...