Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Husar said:

What are you talking about? The render resolution is always set to 100%. In previous video was not exactly 100% because there was a fov tangent active .... There are no active apps to increase render resolution (no openxr tool kit )

The render resolution is presented as a percentage of the HMDs display resolution. Unless this changed with the recent update when they changed the layout for these settings. This is how it was presented when i checked the overlay last like two weeks ago. Virtual desktop Medium setting on Q3 is 2086x2200,  native display resolution. Settings above that  display as 100+% in the performance overlay depending on the percentage over native resolution. I dont know what they are off the top of my head, but for example if High is 150% render resolution, the game is going to render at 2086+1043x2200+1100, meaning your actual render resolution, presented as 150% in the overlay, is 3129x3300. If you are using steamvr, or dynamic resolution is turned on in game, it may be reducing that resolution at some point in the pipeline, causing weird problems. Dlss likely has some influence on this as well.

15 minutes ago, Husar said:

@86Cheese

Please ran this track on your system using VR, and report. 

drop files in IL2Series\game\data\Tracks

https://limewire.com/d/ryTJp#NXKLqnnu9d

 

What exactly is the objective here?

Edited by 86Cheese
BlitzPig_EL
Posted

Why are Husar's screenshots so over saturated?

  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, 86Cheese said:

The render resolution is presented as a percentage of the HMDs display resolution. Unless this changed with the recent update when they changed the layout for these settings. This is how it was presented when i checked the overlay last like two weeks ago. Virtual desktop Medium setting on Q3 is 2086x2200,  native display resolution. Settings above that  display as 100+% in the performance overlay depending on the percentage over native resolution. I dont know what they are off the top of my head, but for example if High is 150% render resolution, the game is going to render at 2086+1043x2200+1100, meaning your actual render resolution, presented as 150% in the overlay, is 3129x3300. If you are using steamvr, or dynamic resolution is turned on in game, it may be reducing that resolution at some point in the pipeline, causing weird problems. Dlss likely has some influence on this as well.

What exactly is the objective here?

You’re mistaken here. To get a true 1:1 panel resolution in the center of the view, you actually need to render more pixels than the panel’s native resolution. This is because the rendered image is mapped through the headset’s lens distortion, so the render resolution has to be higher to preserve 1:1 pixel density in the center. Therefore, a render at  100% at godlike does not automatically mean you are supersampling the center of the panel.

That’s exactly what Godlike is doing — it renders enough pixels to provide 1:1 panel resolution in the center of the view. So Godlike being 1.5× the panel resolution does not mean it is 150% supersampling of the center of the display.

If you’re using the VDXR runtime, SteamVR isn’t involved in the rendering resolution, so it doesn’t change the resolution in the pipeline. And I’m not using any dynamic resolution either. The resolution is set by the VD preset, so neither of those factors applies in my case.

 

Edited by Husar
  • Upvote 1
  • 1C Game Studios
Posted
40 minutes ago, Jegirs said:

After the patch, the “cost” of ordnance when planning a mission has changed slightly. Previously, each aircraft added 20 units regardless of its payload, but now it seems that each type of external weapon has its own cost... Excellent! Now I'm waiting for the ability to write off aircraft once their engines reach the end of their service life.

Yes, the cost is now based on size (large bombs vs. small bombs, etc.). Drop tanks also now cost nothing.

  • Like 1
AndreiTomescu
Posted
3 hours ago, Voxman said:

Where is the "Rejoin Formation" command?

it's nr 8 : Hold Formation

  • Thanks 1

Oreoreeeoyeero! 

Posted
2 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Just flew a little bit, turned off the fuel system helper, and, found no way to interact with the fuel tanks to switch them.  I looked in the radial menu, and in all the key settings, the only thing I see is a fuel dump key assignment.

What's up with this?

im having the same issue, i couldn't start the il-10 without the assist on at all when i hopped on combat box and im struggling to figure out how the system is meant to work now

AndreiTomescu
Posted

After a 2h test in career, what i've noticed:

- career menu is improved

- fuel consumption in timeskip is actually real

- AI planes maneuvering in formation and upon landing is precise, they don't collide anymore (i've flew at treetop level, between mountains , above rivers and they finally did fine)

- i can finally start to learn the Sabre. Some fine glue was put into its wings, they don't peel off easy anymore.

good job. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Oreoreeeoyeero! 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Husar said:

You’re mistaken here. To get a true 1:1 panel resolution in the center of the view, you actually need to render more pixels than the panel’s native resolution. This is because the rendered image is mapped through the headset’s lens distortion, so the render resolution has to be higher to preserve 1:1 pixel density in the center. Therefore, a render resolution above 100% does not automatically mean you are supersampling the center of the panel.

You may want to check your sources on that. The optics are doing the heavy lifting in vr, the displays are normal square displays in most cases. 

 

Your edit is describing foveated rendering. This is an option that most people probably do not use because it is causes problems without eye tracking. That is not what VDs resolution settings are doing. There is a separate setting for foveated rendering.

 

Also, if you have openvr enabled in game, which i think is the default, the game will still launch through steam vr, but VD will show VDXR in the overlay because it just reflects what the streamer is set to, not the active runtime. If you are running the game through steam vr, even if you are streaming with Virtial desktop, it is using the Openvr runtime and steam VR's resolution settings will have an impact.

Edited by 86Cheese
Posted

And finally, the main menu in VR mode doesn't move along with your head, thanks for this small but significant change. 👍

  • Upvote 6

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Posted
5 hours ago, YoYo said:

Finally! Thx, I cant way to try!

Let us know your verdict on VR as I have basically given up with IL2 Korea ATM.

Bert_Foster
Posted
3 hours ago, LukeFF said:

It's controlled with the instrument selection commands.

In the F51D the only Fuel control I can access is the Fuel Shut off lever. How do you rotate the Fuel tank selector ? 

Fuel helper turned off. 

Posted

Oh dear. I hate to be that guy but my experience post-patch hasn't been as positive as some on this forum.

Starting a new F-80 career, the performance of the A.I. has been, if anything, worse than pre-patch. I like the fact that the pilots now call in if dropping bombs, firing rockets etc. but their actual behaviour seems off. For instance, when attacking an armoured column none of my flight joined in. Indeed, all but two of the aircraft disappeared and this happened in a bomber intercept mission as well. I tried the armoured column mission and again my group attacked random tanks (not the column) or just vanished. I think that sometimes that the new prioritisation for the A.I. is a bit wonky, at least in the F-80 career.

On the subject of the F-80, it seems to have picked up a nasty habit of taking off on its own accord, especially if flaps are set for take off. I'm still encountering a bug where I suffer the same damage (right wingtip gone, control problems) when hit. I've narrowed it down to being only from explosive damage - I was hit by bullets from a TU-2 and suffered only fuel tank damage. I wonder if my game has corrupted somehow but I don't fancy redownloading everything to find out.

As for the other changes, as I said I like the communication and the A.I. does seem to be a little more friendly in formation. There are funny issues with the radio though, particularly the control tower telling you to 'keep going forward' when taking off. I mean, where else am I going to go...backwards? The biggest disappointment are the V.R. changes. There aren't any, at least not that made any difference to my experience.

I live in hope but I don't want to have to wait as long for the next patch as we did for this one.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Bert_Foster said:

In the F51D the only Fuel control I can access is the Fuel Shut off lever. How do you rotate the Fuel tank selector ? 

Fuel helper turned off. 

You have to wiggle (select) the fuel cock, then you have to cycle the selector using Shift_END/HOME keys.

Posted

  

5 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

F-82 confirmed.  :classic_ninja:

5 hours ago, Justicier10-7 said:

I'd love to see the twinstang! Haven't flown a "zwilling" since the Bf-109Z in 1946. At the very least it looks like the applicable Navy birds coming up will have a radar pod option... maybe more than just Corsair? Banshee and Skyraider had the option too IIRC

Yeah this indicates a possible feature for the Corsair or Banshee or Skyraider. The F-82G was equipped with the SCR-720... but it seems to have been a simpler radar overall. I gather that the F7F-3N could carry either. If they are indeed modelling a radar system for flyable aircraft - the definitely increases the possibility of an F-82 though. I think it would be popular if they did decide to offer it. The SCR-720 is derived from the WWII AI radar series - so the code might also be useful for future sims.

But we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.

It is exciting to think that we might get a second type of radar though! I'm not sure it'll happen - but any additional radars would be cool.

FuriousMeow
Posted
2 hours ago, Valis said:

It's been reported on the IL-2 bug tracker discord, and it seems to be an AMD-only issue, weirdly.

This is how it looks in-game.

 

Ah, AMD only... odd though. Must be coming from the drivers because I'm using FSR AA with a nvidia GPU.

Is it all AMD, or just some chipsets? Like there was an issue with just 780Tis in GB but later nvidia chipsets were fine. 

2 hours ago, Rocket_Knut said:

My post got upvoted twice, which makes me think, I´m not the only one. 

Just noticed the video posted by Valis. The issue is known for months now. 

You may not be the only one, but the more data the devs get, the more focused they can be on finding the cause. Like it doesn't appear to be all AMD either as others with AMD GPUs have posted seemingly normal shots like mine. 

Posted

The new LA-11 tracers are overkill. I don't like them, and they don't help—they actually make aiming worse.

JG4_Moltke71
Posted
1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

Yes, the cost is now based on size (large bombs vs. small bombs, etc.). Drop tanks also now cost nothing.

Should it make a difference if I dropped the droptanks or bring em home?🤔

ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset

Posted
34 minutes ago, FuriousMeow said:

Is it all AMD, or just some chipsets?

Don't know. Mine's a vanilla 9070XT with no extra processing stuff going on. It happens with all available in-game AA settings (or none).

The devs do know about it, but haven't yet commented (as far as I know)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Posted
1 hour ago, 86Cheese said:

You may want to check your sources on that. The optics are doing the heavy lifting in vr, the displays are normal square displays in most cases. 

 

Your edit is describing foveated rendering. This is an option that most people probably do not use because it is causes problems without eye tracking. That is not what VDs resolution settings are doing. There is a separate setting for foveated rendering.

 

Also, if you have openvr enabled in game, which i think is the default, the game will still launch through steam vr, but VD will show VDXR in the overlay because it just reflects what the streamer is set to, not the active runtime. If you are running the game through steam vr, even if you are streaming with Virtial desktop, it is using the Openvr runtime and steam VR's resolution settings will have an impact.

What ? I can't talk to no more , sorry but you are VR illiterate.

  • Haha 1
FuriousMeow
Posted (edited)

The new harbor strike missions are neat, and the new shallower water effects are cool... although I think some ships don't realize they aren't boats - its sitting on the bottom:

shipbottomout2.jpg.b383b9394fcd0724ccc6de3dae0152eb.jpgshipbottomout1.jpg.2d44a775a44c60522661794d1af8e6d5.jpg

Here's a patrol boat with the rear sunk to the bottom and shadow cast:

patrolboatsink2.jpg.108826e6c2b06e7758251b81a979b8fe.jpgpatrolboatsink1.jpg.d12fb89749df645f4d74d87a0b1faa85.jpg

The PB was actually "moored" (just stationary) in harbor and after the strike began, it tried to make its way to open waters.

 

8 minutes ago, Valis said:

Don't know. Mine's a vanilla 9070XT with no extra processing stuff going on. It happens with all available in-game AA settings (or none).

The devs do know about it, but haven't yet commented (as far as I know)

Yeah, I just know that the more info provided from different sources experiencing the same thing can help narrow down the cause which is why I suggest as many people experiencing this report it and with all of the system info they can provide.

Best of luck, I know these things are frustrating! 

Edited by FuriousMeow
  • 1C Game Studios
Posted
1 hour ago, JG4_Moltke71 said:

Should it make a difference if I dropped the droptanks or bring em home?🤔

Makes no difference.

Posted

so does direct connect mean port forwarding and all that bs arent required anymore?

FuriousMeow
Posted
7 minutes ago, dark2344 said:

so does direct connect mean port forwarding and all that bs arent required anymore?

This?

  • Added direct server connection from the Friends and Squadron Members screen.

No, that's just to connect to the server they are on without going to search for the server in the server list. 

Port forwarding is ISP/network related, no way for an application to control that - only modify it like port forwarding or NAT.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...