Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

  • 1C Game Studios
Regingrave
Posted
18 минут назад, BoeingVertol сказал:

I fought this issue and troubleshot for most of the evening after the patch dropped, and quite a few hours yesterday.  This included reinstalling the game and redoing bindings.  If this is the "fix" I am extremely disappointed, and every flight is 1 missed switch away from having to restart.

The issue itself will be patched in the hotfix, of course.

BoeingVertol
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Regingrave said:

The issue itself will be patched in the hotfix, of course.

Thank you, it seems to be working.  Apologies for the frustration.🤐

 

Edit Crazy actions still occurring.  Done until an update.  My game is still absolutely unplayable since the update.

Edited by BoeingVertol

9800X3D/5070Ti    IL-2 GB/FC/Korea

Rocket_Knut
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Regingrave said:

The issue itself will be patched in the hotfix, of course.

Which hotfix? It´d better be good... Also: When?

holy_cow.webp

Edited by Rocket_Knut
Posted
7 hours ago, Rocho said:

Yesterday I tested flying at night in VR both with and without HDR enabled.

HDR enabled, same horrible graphics than those posted by JG4_Moltke71. HDR disabled, even more dreadful graphics, as if they were 8-bit color.

It’s really strange. I used to have a problem with textures at night, it’s fine for me now and I was thinking that the problem gone, but now others are having the issue.

Go figure what’s going on there. Hmmm...? :classic_wacko:

8 hours ago, Rocket_Knut said:

Besides the key mapping stuff improving the game experience in a new and creative way...

Anybody noticed the treelines/ridges in the distance? Now flickering in black? 

treelines.jpg

The point is that the fog sits at a lower level than some peaks or treetops. That’s how it looks in real life too, so it’s fine:

misty-forest-morning-stockcake.jpg

  • Like 1

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

JG4_Moltke71
Posted
6 hours ago, Regingrave said:

Hello there! We've found the way it reproduces, I guess it happen when the switch is put into On position, which makes the "button" is constantly pressed when the mission is started, so when you press ESC or other command, it automatically triggers the mapped function on. To mitigate the issue for now you can make sure all switches you're using are in Off position when you're starting the mission, please give it a try — will it help?

Yes it’s what I also figured out. However, it undermines my standard procedures.

 

1 hour ago, Regingrave said:

The issue itself will be patched in the hotfix, of course.

This makes hope, so there is a solution in sight? Thanks in advance 🙂

12 minutes ago, YoYo said:

It’s really strange. I used to have a problem with textures at night, it’s fine for me now and I was thinking that the problem gone, but now others are having the issue.

Go figure what’s going on there. Hmmm...? 

I’ve also been wondering why the problem is resolved for you but still persists for me, given that we have similar hardware. I made a few adjustments in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Could that be the reason? 🤔

ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset

Rocket_Knut
Posted
20 minutes ago, YoYo said:

"so it’s fine"

It´s not.

For the record: I´ve seen fog in real live once or twice. It doesn´t look like the screenshot I posted above. 

Thank you anyway.

Posted
25 minutes ago, YoYo said:

That’s how it looks in real life too, so it’s fine

In the game though, at low aspects like the in the picture, the tops of the trees 'crawl' which looks like artifacts/pixelation. And quite often it can look like an aircraft moving in the distance.

  • Upvote 1
Posted
26 minutes ago, JG4_Moltke71 said:

I’ve also been wondering why the problem is resolved for you but still persists for me, given that we have similar hardware. I made a few adjustments in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Could that be the reason? 🤔

I don't think so. The only change I made around that time was reverting to Nvidia driver 610.88, though I was having issues there even before the patch. I didn't touch anything else, and now it's fine without HDR.

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

BoeingVertol
Posted (edited)

SUPER disappointed with this update.  Still at ZERO missions flown since downloading it.  I have a couple hundred hours in game up to this point with hardly any glaring issues, and zero issues w/ control inputs until this update. 😞

 

WWI-II will have to hold me over in the meantime, GB still working perfectly.

Edited by BoeingVertol

9800X3D/5070Ti    IL-2 GB/FC/Korea

  • 1C Game Studios
Posted
9 hours ago, AEthelraedUnraed said:

@LukeFF thanks for the roadmap announcement.

Will early access proceed as in GB, i.e. aircraft are released one by one as they're ready? Or will it be more like Korea, where they're released all at once a month or so before release?

That's to be determined.

Posted
7 hours ago, Regingrave said:

Hello there! We've found the way it reproduces, I guess it happen when the switch is put into On position, which makes the "button" is constantly pressed when the mission is started, so when you press ESC or other command, it automatically triggers the mapped function on. To mitigate the issue for now you can make sure all switches you're using are in Off position when you're starting the mission, please give it a try — will it help?

I have tried multiple times with various positions (Virpil Hotas), it help with the motor off. But I can't find a position that doesn't  open and blow off my canopy when I use the briefing maps. As I can't do my nav without the map, I will wait a fix. 

Posted

Same issues with controls, I have Virpil and Winwing gear with some switches in the "on" position (IE they are not toggles). This patch makes the game unplayable for me now. Any ideas as to a hotfix release? I was hoping to play this weekend...

Also same issue with clouds and viewing aircraft at distance - been that way since the pre-release. AMD 7900 XTX here.

JG4_Moltke71
Posted

Jesus… when I read the comments here it seems the control issue not only affects Thrustmaster items …

This weekend would be the chance for me to play, I hope for a hotfix tomorrow 🫣

ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset

Posted
35 minutes ago, JG4_Moltke71 said:

Jesus… when I read the comments here it seems the control issue not only affects Thrustmaster items …

This weekend would be the chance for me to play, I hope for a hotfix tomorrow 🫣

Yes it appears to affect any controller with buttons that are not momentary.

  • Upvote 1
Posted

I'm finding stuttery performance, no matter the game setting. FPS ranges from 60 to 90 and fluctuates wildly. Overall, it is not a smooth experience and +1 to bring back Ultra presets. And this is with a 4090, 128G DDR5 and Ryzen 9 9800X3D. 

 

Also, Task Manager, F51 and F80 quick missions - Convoy Strike, harbor strike, attack bombers, armed interdiction - avionics master switch repeatedly turns off, disabling guns and gunsight electronics. A quick key bind to map it to switch it back on works, but the system is still shutting off the avionics. You can see the switch in the cockpit switch itself off. Very odd. 

Pico 4 Ultra VR - Virtual Desktop -MSI Mag X870 - Ryzen 7 9800X3D - RTX 4090 - 128GB DDR5

Posted

Could anybody of the devs please explain the differences between “VR balanced” and VR optimized”?

AndreiTomescu
Posted

Besides the switch glitch, that puts the sim oh hold, and GTA6 pre order on, to my kids delight, I had quite a shock: my 12th FB Mustang career, about 40% completed, was simply gone after update. 

Missing.

Dissappeared.

No longer there.

Goodbye for Good.

Vanished.

Last backup, I was at 10%.

😭😭😭😭😭😭

So, guys, a bit of advice: backup keybinding file and career+campaigns folders daily.

  • Sad 6
  • Upvote 1

Oreoreeeoyeero! 

FuriousMeow
Posted (edited)

The only ghost key press I've had, something unintended occurring when another HOTAS button was pressed, was because the VKB Gunfighter front flippable trigger was flipped up. 

I'd go into map hitting a button on the X56 throttle and would hear a switch activated. After that happening a few times I begrudgingly brought up the HUD to see what it was and it showed the rocket salvo changing. After identifying that, and keeping the trigger pulled down, no more phantom presses.

And when that trigger is flipped up,  button 24 is constantly pressed. Flipped down,  nothing is pressed - so no phantom key presses.

There's also a mode knob on the X56 that also shows always on, but I have nothing assigned to it - mostly because I had no idea I could, which is probably why that one doesn't do anything. Time to test that out. 

EDIT: Yep: Exactly that. Any HOTAS, or some other device, that has a button always on unless unselected and has a key assignment causes it to activate when going into the map. 

EDIT2: if anyone is concerned and wants to check HOTAS buttons - VKB button tester works across brands and devices at least for me. Saitek throttle and Pro Combat pedals both show up. The Windows Game Controllers doesn't show the same thing. 

Edited by FuriousMeow
Posted

(shrugs) I've been enjoying the update. The AI improvements have been fun.

  • Upvote 5
Posted
1 hour ago, KC23 said:

(shrugs) I've been enjoying the update. The AI improvements have been fun.

Yeah, no problems here. I am not on VR, would need a new card ($$$) and the  VR hardware on top of that ($$). AI in the campaign is much better. They are actually shooting down enemy planes now and hitting targets. Nice. And not losing 6 out of 8 pilots in a mission like in GB.

  • Upvote 1
Rocket_Knut
Posted
6 hours ago, FuriousMeow said:

There's also a mode knob on the X56 that also shows always on, but I have nothing assigned to it - mostly because I had no idea I could, which is probably why that one doesn't do anything. Time to test that out.

That mode switch is used to select the different modes or "layers" if you will. So you can map the same switch to six different actions ( Up/Down times three modes). One can use the different layers for different systems like engine, weapons, communication or different profiles like T/O and Landing, Dogfight and Ground Attack and so on. In order to make it work, you need to have Logitechs´s HOTAS software installed. With it, you can create a different profile for every plane and every game. Which is nice. There is also a video done by Froogle on YT, explaining how to. Very helpful.

gorzasty
Posted

I have mixed feelings after checking out the new patch. You’ve made a lot of changes, but some of them are highly controversial. In my opinion, removing higher graphics settings for VR users is a very bad decision. Why? Because some of us have hardware powerful enough to handle higher settings. Even if I experienced significant frame drops at airports, things were often fine once I was airborne. Now, we’re all stuck with medium-quality graphics. Was removing higher settings the "performance improvement" we were promised? There hasn't been a word from the developers about what exactly lies behind the new VR modes. This lack of transparency does the title no favors.

  • Upvote 12
GiftGruen
Posted (edited)

This is true, the desaster (!) with switches and the very very questionable VR settings decision don't feel good.

But, to be honest, the progress with AI behaviour is so great ( at least what I can say after some hours of flying with 1.004 ) that I take the rest with a happy smile 😉  for now ....

Edited by GiftGruen

Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air

Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea 

FuriousMeow
Posted
4 hours ago, Rocket_Knut said:
Spoiler

That mode switch is used to select the different modes or "layers" if you will. So you can map the same switch to six different actions ( Up/Down times three modes). One can use the different layers for different systems like engine, weapons, communication or different profiles like T/O and Landing, Dogfight and Ground Attack and so on. In order to make it work, you need to have Logitechs´s HOTAS software installed. With it, you can create a different profile for every plane and every game. Which is nice. There is also a video done by Froogle on YT, explaining how to. Very helpful.

 

Oh yeah I know with the software it can be used to do that, but didn't know it could be mapped directly in-game via the in-game keybinding. Probably won't be that useful that way considering how it operates though. 

Posted

Would it be possible to have a graphical setting that increases LOD thresholds? My biggest gripe with graphics after this patch is still the texture LODs. I am flying barely 100 meters above ground, and I frequently see patches of low-resolution texture. Strangely, there are also patches of high-res texture next to the low-res ones.

Then there are the AAA-pits that simply don't render in unless you are very close. This is not just about visual quality, but the ability to spot ground detail in order to complete a mission.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...