ACE-OF-ACES Posted October 2 Posted October 2 21 hours ago, YoYo said: The point is that the fog sits at a lower level than some peaks or treetops. That’s how it looks in real life too, so it’s fine: Agreed Unless it flickers on and off.. Which is hard to tell based on the still in game pic he provided 1
Jade_Monkey Posted October 2 Posted October 2 (edited) 42 minutes ago, pr0x said: Would it be possible to have a graphical setting that increases LOD thresholds? My biggest gripe with graphics after this patch is still the texture LODs. I am flying barely 100 meters above ground, and I frequently see patches of low-resolution texture. Strangely, there are also patches of high-res texture next to the low-res ones. Then there are the AAA-pits that simply don't render in unless you are very close. This is not just about visual quality, but the ability to spot ground detail in order to complete a mission. The graphical setting choices will be narrowed down to fewer and fewer presets till morale improves! Edited October 2 by Jade_Monkey 1 3 2 AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 32 GB DDR4 | nVME SSD | VR headset: Pimax Dream Air SLAM
ACE-OF-ACES Posted October 2 Posted October 2 On 9/29/2026 at 11:05 AM, BlitzPig_EL said: F-82 confirmed. Ooooooooooooooo Noice
BoeingVertol Posted October 2 Posted October 2 5 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said: The graphical setting choices will be narrowed down to fewer and fewer presets till morale inproves! 800x600 or bust! 🤣 3 9800X3D/5070Ti IL-2 GB/FC/Korea
ACE-OF-ACES Posted October 2 Posted October 2 On 9/29/2026 at 12:54 PM, Jade_Monkey said: Holy smokes, what did you do to your colors? That looks like IL2 Honolulu and not Korea 😂 LOL So I am not the only one! 1
Nacht Posted October 2 Posted October 2 (edited) No VR, all working OK, no problems here. Although the truth is that I have very conservative adjustments. I miss the large truck convoys in interdiction missions... but they may appear again later in the campaign. Saitek X52 pro. Saitek pedals. Monitor resolution: 2560 x 1440 No 4K textures Full screen Ryzen 9600x Ati RX 9070XT 16Gb 32Gb DDR5 Windows 11 pro Edited October 2 by Nacht
pr0x Posted October 2 Posted October 2 2 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said: The graphical setting choices will be narrowed down to fewer and fewer presets till morale inproves! I guess that when you are dealing with a huge range of hardware setups and a large number of customers who have completely unreasonable expectations when it comes to what certain high-end VR headset can render (i.e. you can only expect 20-40% of the native resolution in most cases), it is reasonable to narrow down the range of graphical options. However, there are also people who know what they are doing and who like to tinker with things like LOD. Right now there just aren't enough settings to make the game look on par with modern titles like say MSFS24 on a high-end graphics card.
ACE-OF-ACES Posted October 2 Posted October 2 On 9/29/2026 at 7:26 PM, BlitzPig_EL said: Agree 100percent. Until the fuel system gets real, mappable key binds specific to it, I'll just let the helper do the work. I hope the servers on full real dont disable the helper! I need all the help I can get!
Kemnilov Posted October 2 Posted October 2 5 минут назад, ACE-OF-ACES сказал: I hope the servers on full real dont disable the helper! I need all the help I can get! On Iron Front and CSkies fuel system helper enabled by default. 1
AndreiTomescu Posted October 2 Posted October 2 44 minutes ago, pr0x said: but the ability to spot ground detail in order to complete a mission. true. i follow their tracer bullets to home in. problem is when they home in, also...... 🙂 Oreoreeeoyeero!
Husar Posted October 2 Posted October 2 2 minutes ago, pr0x said: I guess that when you are dealing with a huge range of hardware setups and a large number of customers who have completely unreasonable expectations when it comes to what certain high-end VR headset can render (i.e. you can only expect 20-40% of the native resolution in most cases), it is reasonable to narrow down the range of graphical options. However, there are also people who know what they are doing and who like to tinker with things like LOD. Right now there just aren't enough settings to make the game look on par with modern titles like say MSFS24 on a high-end graphics card. In most VR titles, render resolution and pixel count are the main bottlenecks. But in Korea, it’s not just about that — ground object interactions and AI are also major factors preventing a smooth experience. You could have an RTX 5090 and be using an Oculus Rift DK1, and still get frame drops because even AMD X3D CPUs can’t prevent the game thread from stalling the entire game.
Dash,Polder Posted October 2 Posted October 2 I'm locked out, it keeps saying please update to new version 1.005. Never mind, new patch is now downloading. 1
Recommended Posts