BlitzPig_EL Posted September 3 Posted September 3 I've had some lawn darts here and there in the F84 career. Also had a mid air collision in my Mustang career when two of my escorts collided. Fog of war. I continue with the mission. 1
AndreiTomescu Posted September 3 Posted September 3 33 minutes ago, Uther said: It's a firm favourite with me so far. no issues regarding fuel consumption/management? that is very good news.thank you. I love the Mustang career, obviously flak and Migs took a toll, it's realistic. Last night My BEST pilot, highly decorated 5 points al all 3 values, returned to airfield shortly after take-off. And crashed and died upon landing. But this i consider NORMAL. It might have happened. His Mustang had some tehnical problems, and failed during landing. Plausible. 33 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said: I've had some lawn darts here and there in the F84 career some is less that 4 out of 5 in most missions, right? 🙂 i ain't absurd. the situation i've just said i consider plausible. also a crash now and then. Oreoreeeoyeero!
BlitzPig_EL Posted September 3 Posted September 3 (edited) The most I've had in a single mission (lawn darts) is two, they flew one after the other into the same target they were attacking. That is not really believable. What really bothers me is so many of the AI that return from a mission without expending any munitions, in any of the aircraft types. They are more than happy to drop their ordnance before landing back at base, but they sure don't like to drop it on the enemy. To paraphrase Bonaparte, If you are going to attack the airfield, then attack the airfield!! Edited September 3 by BlitzPig_EL
AndreiTomescu Posted September 3 Posted September 3 1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said: Hundreds of sorties against ground forces with little to no air opposition. huh...in my mustang career, the air opposition was present, usually in the form of Migs butchering the Mustang cover flight. But usually you have to loiter over target a bit longer for the Migs to appear. To avoid being surprised by them, i ask the wingmen to report air contacts. Those youngsters have better eyesight. In airfield attack missions (i found those great) if i'm in the mood for a fair dogfight, i let the enemy airplanes scramble and then get into action. 1 Oreoreeeoyeero!
BlitzPig_EL Posted September 3 Posted September 3 I guess I need to run more airfield attack missions, as I have only had one, and no enemy planes scrambled.
Juri_JS Posted September 3 Posted September 3 41 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said: I've had some lawn darts here and there in the F84 career. And it's not limited to career mode. In my scripted missions I always have one or two F84s pulling up to late from diving attacks. Adjusting attack altitudes, weight of fuel and payload did not fix this problem, so it's obviously caused by AI issues and not mission logic. 1
Uther Posted September 3 Posted September 3 8 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said: I guess I need to run more airfield attack missions, as I have only had one, and no enemy planes scrambled. I've not attacked an airfield yet, might try that later. I did attack a heavily defended train station where we got ripped to pieces though. 😁 I really want to try an attack on a dam. 9800X3D / Asus Radeon RX 7900 XT TUF OC / Corsair Vengeance EXPO 64GB / W11
AndreiTomescu Posted September 3 Posted September 3 20 minutes ago, Uther said: I really want to try an attack on a dam. those are AWESOME. I reserve them all for commander led missions.... 😉 Go full way, no time skip. as i approach target, like 50 km, i go low, low, and follow the water leading to the dam. Sometimes i might get confused and miss the target, there are so many rivers! as i get near target, i get lower, like 20-50 meters above water, and as i am to hit the damn concrete wall, at full Mustang power, i pull hard up and release both 1000lbs bombs! the effect is incredible. If some wingman also press the attack, there will me more breaches in the dam's wall. Avoid loitering, since flak is usually strong there, even on the hills sides. On the return trip i try to find another target, like an airfield, for the wingman with bombs still attached to drop their load. A very good kind of mission. 2 Oreoreeeoyeero!
Steini18778 Posted September 3 Posted September 3 3 hours ago, AndreiTomescu said: Me too, Mustang. F-80 and F-84 is unplayable yet. Sabre, haven't tried, i'm afraid of the outcome. I have asked for help, as to find some workaround until bugs being fixed , but the answer was radio static. Then I found out that info regarding future improvements were told towards guys having flight blogs in a meeting "with closed doors". See ShamrockOneFive's blog, i'm not inventing stuff. This really upset me. There are guys here, many, that supported the game from ages ago and in many ways. And they (us) didn't deserve that kind of attention and that kind of info. So, yeah, there are answers, but not shared to us. And solutions. There are getting worked on. From what I've read on that blog that was said in the "closed doors" meeting, the end of September might bring us AI improvement, and that will continue for some time. An announcement regarding this would have been appreciated, appropriate and well deserved. Imho. Or maybe the info on ShamrockOneFive blog is not accurate? I hope it is, still. P.S. sorry. I fell quite frustrated and neglected. Had to get this off my chest. Years ago we were told that they dont have a good AI developer and it is very hard to find one. Things are as they are.
BlitzPig_EL Posted September 3 Posted September 3 1 hour ago, Uther said: I've not attacked an airfield yet, might try that later. I did attack a heavily defended train station where we got ripped to pieces though. 😁 I really want to try an attack on a dam. Oh that train station one is difficult. I saved it and made a COOP mission out of it. Even with another human or two players, it is a meat grinder. 1
BoeingVertol Posted September 3 Posted September 3 22 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said: Oh that train station one is difficult. I saved it and made a COOP mission out of it. Even with another human or two players, it is a meat grinder. I have lost 6 of 8 on a train station raid, they are no joke, but feel the most "alive" to me out of all the missions. Best to make a single quick devastating hit and not loiter with the insane ground fire they generally have to defend. 1 9800X3D/5070Ti IL-2 GB/FC/Korea
AndreiTomescu Posted September 3 Posted September 3 54 minutes ago, Steini18778 said: Things are as they are. yes, and NO. In scripted campaign , Home for Christmas, the P-80 AI performes excellent. Same AI. But Jaegermeister did some stuff. Probably increased the AI level, since on Veteran upwards things go waaay better. So i guess there is leverage. 8 minutes ago, BoeingVertol said: but feel the most "alive" to me out of all the missions oh, yes.... very true. almost suicidal! but one thing is to be butchered by flak, enemy planes, etc, other thing is to watch in the mirror as they drop like flyes while crusing 1 Oreoreeeoyeero!
Viking1 Posted September 3 Posted September 3 Tiny Tim's are also great for dam busting:) Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Uther Posted September 3 Posted September 3 1 hour ago, BoeingVertol said: I have lost 6 of 8 on a train station raid, they are no joke, but feel the most "alive" to me out of all the missions. Best to make a single quick devastating hit and not loiter with the insane ground fire they generally have to defend. Yeah I did another pass and paid the price. I just assumed Kim was on the train though with the amount of flak. 😂 2 9800X3D / Asus Radeon RX 7900 XT TUF OC / Corsair Vengeance EXPO 64GB / W11
MiGCap Posted September 3 Posted September 3 12 hours ago, Bell said: When Korea was announced the reason they didn't make PTO is they can't make carrier,now they have made it.Imagine we have PTO intead of Korea now. That would be bad as Korea is unique. PTO 1944 will be there in DCS at the end of this year or early in the next. I am very happy to have Korea. It was a very good decision from the developers! 5
Dash,Polder Posted September 3 Posted September 3 1 hour ago, MiGCap said: I am very happy to have Korea. It was a very good decision from the developers! Agreed, it's a well defined theater, limited in both time and space so its far easier to deal with and flesh out. So much can be compacted in all at once for this specific time and space, it was a wise choice for building a solid future base on. You get into the Pacific and the scope and breadth is just to large to tackle for any sort of real completion or finality. It's very high risk in slicing up a very small specific of the Pacific, can it ever succeed commercially, no one can really know, most of it was short bursts of intense action and rapid movement over vast areas. Expectations could very easily out pace both resources and allotted time to get something viable done on that one without major frustrations. It would be hard to find vets who even shared common experience in that one from different division and units, they fought all over the place virtually in different worlds and climates at completely different time periods, practically in different armies rebuilt and reequipped over time. Many guys in the prisoner of war camps capture early in the war who were liberated in 45 couldn't recognize or equate the forces who did the liberation as their own army, they were left feeling completely alienated, some reported taking cover and feeling the same fear as the camp guards when unrecognizable aircraft like B-29's or the P-61 black widows passed over or near their camps. That's how drastic the change over time, tech, and methods of war was, than throw in the distances. 1 1
Kaenzdhi Posted September 3 Posted September 3 DCS stuff ? there is no DCS stuff. We already have radars. If they want to expand their player base, they should do it, and they can do it. I come back to IL serie because of jets.
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 3 1C Game Studios Posted September 3 2 hours ago, Kaenzdhi said: Agreed and Vietnman would be even better. No plans for Vietnam, sorry. 2 1 1
Kaenzdhi Posted September 3 Posted September 3 6 minutes ago, LukeFF said: No plans for Vietnam, sorry. No plans for chopper too, but plans are subject to change 1 1
AndreiTomescu Posted September 3 Posted September 3 19 minutes ago, Kaenzdhi said: but plans are subject to change no plan survives the first contact with the enemy (in this case, the consumer) Helmuth von Moltke the Elder Let's enjoy Korea, it's unique in our times (Mig Alley is ancient). Let's pray and spray for the game to be better and better. Let's dream for carrier ops and the chopper of mr Green Hat. Let's fly a bit, the future is pretty far away. P.S. imho, korea and carrier ops looks more like a setting stage for the Pacific.... 7 Oreoreeeoyeero!
KillerBee Posted September 4 Posted September 4 (edited) The only thing missing for a 1st Marine Air Wing is an F3D, F7F and an OY-1. Edited September 4 by KillerBee
robzerg Posted September 4 Posted September 4 (edited) 10 hours ago, Bell said: LMAO I mean it's not firmly confirmed before this dev blog was posted😅 'it's' is an abbreviation for 'it is' (present tense) and not for 'it was' (past tense). Sorry, I'm a Brit & quite pedantic on grammar 🤪 Edited September 4 by robzerg
Avimimus Posted September 4 Posted September 4 I hid a few posts that were getting a bit off topic. Yes, there was a period years ago when carrier development wasn't in the immediate plans. The developers also deliberately avoided promising carriers until they'd made enough progress implementing them that they were sure they could do a good job of implementing carriers (and that there wouldn't be substantial further delays) - the developers have confirmed this cautious approach. Yes, carriers are now announced. Whether any of us have been following this that closely or not - isn't really important. I don't think anyone should feel that their honour had been impinged because their post was misunderstood by other forum members as them not having read the development diary closely enough to know that a carrier is now announced (as part of the DLC). 1 2
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 4 1C Game Studios Posted September 4 Guys, let's please stay on topic. 🙂 If you have a grievance with someone, take it to DMs.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now