Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

A new Dev Blog #86 is here!


Recommended Posts

BlitzPig_EL
Posted (edited)

So far I have not seen ship position info in those reports,  am I not looking at the right thing?

I found the discussion of boiler operation on Valley Forge to be interesting, not that it has any bearing on the sim, but I like these deep dives into minutiae. 

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
Posted

Looking good, gang.  Maybe add some collector planes for Red?  Tu4, Mig 15 early, La 9 etc.  Or....go hypothetical with an add on that includes a Soviet intervention allowing for more of a Red Bloc lineup.  After the Chinese entered Korea, Washington DC was convinced this was the start of WW III for a good six months.

 

The Sea Fury FB and Banshee are unexpected treats.  Really excited about a dynamic campaign.

  • Like 1
BoeingVertol
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Bell said:

Carrier...I thought F4U and F9F would be Marines.There should be other reasons why they make Korea before PTO.

What do you mean?  Did they say none of the planes would be USMC already?  Marines flew from Navy carriers then just as they do now.  USMC is under Department of the Navy after all (as much as I hate to admit it).

Edited by BoeingVertol
  • Upvote 1

9800X3D/5070Ti    IL-2 GB/FC/Korea

BlitzPig_EL
Posted

The Marines also flew from land bases as well as carriers.  Marine aviators train along side Navy aviators as well.  They act as an integrated force, because they are.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
BoeingVertol
Posted
5 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

The Marines also flew from land bases as well as carriers.  Marine aviators train along side Navy aviators as well.  They act as an integrated force, because they are.

Yup, lived that in a former life.  Just a retired guy now. 🙂

  • Like 1

9800X3D/5070Ti    IL-2 GB/FC/Korea

Posted

Here are a damn lot people who has a “former life” in the military! 😄🫡

  • Haha 1
BoeingVertol
Posted
3 minutes ago, MiGCap said:

Here are a damn lot people who has a “former life” in the military! 😄🫡

"Birds of a feather".. and all.  Pun intended. 🫡Back at you!

  • Like 2

9800X3D/5070Ti    IL-2 GB/FC/Korea

FuriousMeow
Posted

US Navy, The Corps' Uber.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BoeingVertol said:

What do you mean?  Did they say none of the planes would be USMC already?  Marines flew from Navy carriers then just as they do now.  USMC is under Department of the Navy after all (as much as I hate to admit it).

People seem to forget.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/88728-presenting-our-new-title-korea-il-2-series/page/16/

mmexport1788400671462.jpg.17f344daea8091e4717f9c32e4279a88.jpg

mmexport1788401460717.jpg.f4cbe12e31b90aadb7126cae2aed67c7.jpg

mmexport1788401464844.jpg.33ea422aa3cda4a50a9c48160ed8169b.jpg

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/91089-dev-blog-29-la-11-fighter/

mmexport1788400664514.jpg.17f7c3da6e97da2ddcd69ce68defa39d.jpg

mmexport1788400658623.jpg.49d4d17e67cdfd9eb96e6989150214bc.jpg

Edited by Bell
BoeingVertol
Posted (edited)

Soon to forget a conversation that happened in 2024?  Sorry, definitely wasn't around for this.  Didn't know you were making a point referring to to the variants as well. 🙂

Edited by BoeingVertol

9800X3D/5070Ti    IL-2 GB/FC/Korea

FuriousMeow
Posted

I'm not really sure what the point is. 

US Navy and USMC are to be represented, or at least the USMC is planned to be represented but the USN for sure, and both flew the F4U-4 and F9F.

And the carrier bit coming couldn't have been more obvious.

Posted

When Korea was announced the reason they didn't make PTO is they can't make carrier,now they have made it.Imagine we have PTO intead of Korea now.

  • Upvote 2
AcesDarthBubu
Posted

I would rather have the dev fleshed out Korea theater before going back to WW2, especially with GB still supported with new planes. Then move back to WW2 with better product roadmap.

  • Like 2
Posted
1 hour ago, Bell said:

When Korea was announced the reason they didn't make PTO is they can't make carrier,now they have made it.Imagine we have PTO intead of Korea now.

Let's hope! I will get the expansion to fly the Corsair, but I'm hoping we can start shifting focus to PTO.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Steini18778
Posted
18 hours ago, Mark_Krieger said:

My only fear is if this will take too long.

Dont worry, i have been waiting for over 10+ years now. It makes me sad to see that all concerns before Korea came true. I am a roleplayer in sims and it is impossible to lead a squadron in carreer mode. Those problems are there since forevever. It happens since day 1 in "Rise of Flight", "IL2", "Flying Circus" and now in Korea. What is the chance to make it stop? People keep posting reports, because we were told to do so. No answers, no solutions. Great ...

Posted
2 hours ago, Steini18778 said:

 I am a roleplayer in sims and it is impossible to lead a squadron in carreer mode. 

Strange, I am having a great time playing career. I doubt I am the only one.

  • Upvote 2

 9800X3D  / Asus Radeon RX 7900 XT TUF OC / Corsair Vengeance EXPO 64GB / W11 

AndreiTomescu
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Uther said:

I am having a great time playing career

Me too, Mustang. F-80 and F-84 is unplayable yet. Sabre, haven't tried, i'm afraid of the outcome.

6 hours ago, Steini18778 said:

No answers, no solutions

I have asked for help, as to find some workaround until bugs being fixed , but the answer was radio static. 

Then I found out that info regarding future improvements were told towards guys having flight blogs in a meeting "with closed doors". See ShamrockOneFive's blog, i'm not inventing stuff.

This really upset me. There are guys here, many, that supported the game from ages ago and in many ways. And they (us) didn't deserve that kind of attention and that kind of info.

So, yeah, there are answers, but not shared to us. And solutions. There are getting worked on. From what I've read on that blog that was said in the "closed doors" meeting, the end of September might bring us AI improvement, and that will continue for some time.

An announcement regarding this would have been appreciated, appropriate and well deserved. Imho.

Or maybe the info on ShamrockOneFive blog is not accurate?

I hope it is, still.

P.S. sorry. I fell quite frustrated and neglected. Had to get this off my chest.

Edited by AndreiTomescu
seems that F-84 career might be ok
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Oreoreeeoyeero! 

BlitzPig_EL
Posted

I have Mustang and F84 careers running now.  The jet takes a different flying style, just as they did then.  Otherwise they are both kind of repetitive, but that 's the reality of how the Korean war went once the lines stabilized somewhere close to the 38th. parallel.  Hundreds of sorties against ground forces with little to no air opposition. 

Posted
24 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

I have Mustang and F84 careers running now.  The jet takes a different flying style, just as they did then.  Otherwise they are both kind of repetitive, but that 's the reality of how the Korean war went once the lines stabilized somewhere close to the 38th. parallel.  Hundreds of sorties against ground forces with little to no air opposition. 

Yep, flak is the main enemy, as it should be. Not tried the Mustang yet, that's next on the list.

 9800X3D  / Asus Radeon RX 7900 XT TUF OC / Corsair Vengeance EXPO 64GB / W11 

BlitzPig_EL
Posted

Not being a real "jet guy" I find the Mustang to be a good attack plane, it's lower speed and superior low speed handling make it easier for me to fly.  I am doing well with the F84 though, but I do get caught out with it's nasty accelerated stall every once in a while, especially if I have been flying the Mustang a lot before switching to the jet.

I eagerly await the Skyraider.  Now to find some brown shoes somewhere...

Posted
2 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

 

I eagerly await the Skyraider.  Now to find some brown shoes somewhere...

Would you even need more than one Skyraider in a ground attack mission I wonder... 😁

  • Haha 1

 9800X3D  / Asus Radeon RX 7900 XT TUF OC / Corsair Vengeance EXPO 64GB / W11 

BlitzPig_EL
Posted

That's the beauty of it!

There is no better kill than over kill.

ad-skyraider-va-195-uss-princeton-14677-741x570.jpeg.080e28b19905a0589cedf1fef59e16f0.jpeg

  • Like 1
Posted
9 hours ago, FuriousMeow said:

I'm not really sure what the point is. 

US Navy and USMC are to be represented, or at least the USMC is planned to be represented but the USN for sure, and both flew the F4U-4 and F9F.

And the carrier bit coming couldn't have been more obvious.

I don't think people understand that the USMC is under the Navy Dept.  They see a Marine rifle platoon and think 'Army' when the Marines are essentially a fully combined arms service of their own to include the worlds 3rd largest air force.

AndreiTomescu
Posted
56 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

I have Mustang and F84 careers running now

as i've said before f-80 from 5 planes 4 crashed into ground.

Mustang career, suuper ok, i'm 15% and satisfied.

How is with the F-84 ???? The Chat GPT said no go. Other feedback i was not worth it.

Please, help me here with some thoughts.

Oreoreeeoyeero! 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, AndreiTomescu said:

as i've said before f-80 from 5 planes 4 crashed into ground.

Mustang career, suuper ok, i'm 15% and satisfied.

How is with the F-84 ???? The Chat GPT said no go. Other feedback i was not worth it.

Please, help me here with some thoughts.

F-84, think I've seen one collision and no lawn darting in the career. I lose a few from flak though. It's a firm favourite with me so far. 

Edited by Uther
  • Thanks 1

 9800X3D  / Asus Radeon RX 7900 XT TUF OC / Corsair Vengeance EXPO 64GB / W11 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...