Blitzen Posted September 1 Posted September 1 (edited) I wish the "Twins would be delivered a bit earlier... Edited September 1 by Blitzen photo change CPU: i7-14700F RAM: iBuyPower 2x16GB 5200MT/s SSD: WD Green SN 3000 1TB NVMe GPU: Nvidia RTX 5060
Flyingadjo Posted September 1 Posted September 1 The helo has such a terrific look! It will bring a whole new set of very immersive missions: having to open up a corridor for a helo to conduct an extraction. Integrating specific mechanics like radio triangulation or pyrotechnic smoke signals deployed by downed pilots—forcing fighters to perform low-altitude visual sweeps instead of relying on map icons—would push immersion further. The carrier is of course very exciting, and it's great to see that 1C is ambitious and wants to develop a whole range of game mechanics around it. The 5 planes look so nice and promising. Sure, it's a pity more Red planes aren't included, but that's an historical limitation; so it's a great idea instead to explore new game mechanics like helos and carriers. I would dream of having the bomber DLC ported to Korea: the night intruders with the B-26 (which succeeded the A-26), the Havoc, the B-25... I believe they all flew over Korea at some point. It would give much more diverse targets for the Red side. It all shows how fruitful the Korea setting is for the franchise. It opens perspectives on WWII Pacific as well as Vietnam, or why not other intermediate decolonization conflicts? Unfortunately, there was so many settings that could play well. I can only rejoice I took advantage of the Founder's Edition offer. All this content makes it totally worthwhile imo. 1
Swoose Posted September 1 Posted September 1 58 minutes ago, Juri_JS said: Will the new bombers for Il-2 GB only be available as a single dlc or can they be purchased separately? I am only really interested in the Fw-189. Likewise, I am really only interested in the A-20G with a gun nose capable of carrying torpedoes. Otherwise, thanks 1C Games for a spectacular update and ushering in a new golden age of serious combat flight simulation games! Great to see the F2H Banshee, Hawker Sea Fury, and AI rescue helicopter included in the lineup; I wasn't expecting them.
BoeingVertol Posted September 1 Posted September 1 Great news all around!! Met and exceeded some expectations. Knew I wouldn't regret it, but super glad I picked up Korea Deluxe!!! Best wishes with your development. 9800X3D/5070Ti IL-2 GB/FC/Korea
actionhank Posted September 1 Posted September 1 2 hours ago, FAW_Tromplamort said: Korea will not have any new airplane for the Red side as the expansion will be focussed on carrier operations....🤫 Unfortunately, I feel like that's always been the main downside to Korea with the typical DLC format. What's in game already includes a lot of the the red side's airframes. There's the ability to add older flyable stuff like the the Po-2 or Li-2 as flyable, but people probably won't feel like that's "new" for Korea. I do wonder, will something like the B-26 be coming to both Korea and Il-2 Great Battles? 1
BladeMeister Posted September 1 Posted September 1 My short response. Wow just Wow!!! I am so glad I bought the deluxe version. My long response will be posted later. S!Blade<>< 1
Uther Posted September 1 Posted September 1 I hope the helicopter crew ai look like this... 7 5 9800X3D / Asus Radeon RX 7900 XT TUF OC / Corsair Vengeance EXPO 64GB / W11
YoYo Posted September 1 Posted September 1 Me, who bought the Deluxe version in early pre-order. 😎 1 7 Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Calos_01 Posted September 1 Posted September 1 1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said: Just close your eyes and think of England. 😀😀😀
MiGCap Posted September 1 Posted September 1 My dreams come true! Especially the HO3S is a welcomed surprise. The CV-9 is great, with catapults! And the developers even thought of the thermal protection coveralls for the Navy pilots. What a great eye for details. Respect! 🫡 1 1
BlitzPig_EL Posted September 1 Posted September 1 1 hour ago, Flyingadjo said: I would dream of having the bomber DLC ported to Korea: the night intruders with the B-26 (which succeeded the A-26), the Havoc, the B-25... I believe they all flew over Korea at some point. It would give much more diverse targets for the Red side. The Martin B-26 Marauder from WW2 is NOT the same aircraft as the A(B)-26 Invader as used in Korea. After WW2 the Martin bomber was quickly phased out of service, and the "A" designation was retired and all so called "attack" twin engine aircraft, namely the Douglas A-26 Invader were re classified with a "B" prefix. 1 2
Redeye Posted September 1 Posted September 1 I am going to sleep until 2027. Wake me up when three of the most beautiful planes ever build are in the game! The Panther, Skyraider and the Sea Fury. 2
migmadmarine Posted September 1 Posted September 1 Great to see the first helicopter, hope to see it and some more types as flyable down the road
Luger1969 Posted September 1 Posted September 1 Guys I know that you deliver and improve. I am very happy with the diary. Keep it up. 2
Juri_JS Posted September 1 Posted September 1 Apart from the Essex, will we get other ships in Deck Ops too? US-Navy carrier task forces also included cruisers and destroyers. I think the cruiser USS Rochester would be a good choice, because it was one of the few ships attacked by aircraft during the Korean War. 3
JG4_Moltke71 Posted September 1 Posted September 1 2/3 of this devblog are things we already know about before 🤷🏼♂️ I backed up my settings just yesterday because I was expecting a game update for Great Battles and Korea today including the start of early access 😅 I guess I was a bit too hasty there🤭 But anyway, I am really happy to see the Skyraider in this DLC, the Sea Fury is a nice surprise. The entire Package, Korea+Deck OPs, is probably the most unbalanced thing ever released. I hope the Bomber DLC sells well enough to motivate the Devs make the Tu-2 flyable collector plane for the Red side to give the game just a little balanced gameplay 😜 By the way, don’t forget Flying Circus still needs some love 😉 1 ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset
AEthelraedUnraed Posted September 1 Posted September 1 I know I said we wouldn't see helicopters in Korea - but I'm glad to be proven wrong 🙂 1
Enceladus828 Posted September 1 Posted September 1 3 hours ago, Uther said: I hope the helicopter crew ai look like this... You gotta quit sassin' them officers like you just did. When are you gonna learn, Nestor? You can say anything you like to 'em as long as you put "sir" on the end of it. 1 1 Matthew 6:21, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Jade_Monkey Posted September 1 Posted September 1 Is it implied that you will be able to spawn inside the carrier and be brought up on the deck on the elevator? 1 AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 32 GB DDR4 | nVME SSD | VR headset: Pimax Dream Air SLAM
Calos_01 Posted September 1 Posted September 1 I thought there was a good chance we'd eventually get the Skyraider, the Banshee, and the Sea Fury, but not all of them together right away in the first DLC. This is just awesome. 1
KC23 Posted September 1 Posted September 1 Thank you for not letting me down on the deluxe pre-order—money well spent. I am hopeful the helo becomes playable. How cool would it be to rescue important wingmen or even myself in the follow-up mission. Maybe even given the option, as you're floating down in a parachute, to cut to being on the helo otw to save yourself. The red side does need something, imho, but I'm not going to whine about this roadmap as it is far more than I expected. 1
Panthercules Posted September 1 Posted September 1 Can't wait for my beloved Panther to finally arrive - but soooooo happy to see my second favorite of all time show up as well!! So looking forward to some heavy-duty ground pounding with the Skyraider! This was what I wanted to fly back when I applied to Annapolis way back when. 3 Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11
GiftGruen Posted September 1 Posted September 1 Again a cool DevBlog. Tbh I dreamed of a DeHavilland Vampire but the Carrier scenery alone gives me a lot of pre-joy. Well. The red side…. but it is what it was. Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now