Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

Remontti
Posted
12 hours ago, LukeFF said:

You can always remove it before starting a mission.

I could not remove it in my f-84 career even with empty payload.

ComputerJones
Posted

Yeah, I can confirm that, in career, with either the F-80 or F-84, you can never remove JATO, they are always required regardless of loadout, and they cannot be deselected in either mission planning or pre-mission configuration. This is only in career.

  • 1C Game Studios
Posted
On 8/22/2026 at 1:22 AM, ComputerJones said:

Yeah, I can confirm that, in career, with either the F-80 or F-84, you can never remove JATO, they are always required regardless of loadout, and they cannot be deselected in either mission planning or pre-mission configuration. This is only in career.

Okay, thanks, will let the team know.

  • 1C Game Studios
Posted
2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Okay, thanks, will let the team know.

If you start in the air, there’s no JATO. It’s not a bug. We won’t remove it from the mandatory modifications, as this would create problems for AI during takeoff.

ComputerJones
Posted

I see. I think the assumption here is that its mandatory status would be affected by weight and take off distance available, the former (weight) being measurable and the latter (distance) not seemingly an issue at any airfield currently on the map, and thus not game-logically measurable to make some determination here. It's just required because you can have a loadout that requires JATO.

I would request some future modification here at the player's own risk: if I'm sending out a CAP with 165 gal tanks and guns only, I should be allowed to take that risk and go without the JATO, but clearly this isn't a priority right now. Just give the option to remove it unless the AI literally can't ever take-off without it. If that's the case I would also ask that be improved somewhere on the timeline 🙂

  • Thanks 1
BoeingVertol
Posted (edited)

Career mode commander stats corrupt at 57% of career and will not fix with tool.  Tool says file is fixed, but stats are still corrupt.  I can attach if needed.

Ervin Randall, 80th FBS USAF.zip

Edited by BoeingVertol

9800X3D/5070Ti    IL-2 GB/FC/Korea

Posted

You should post the career file and tag Luke in that post, so he can pass it onto the devs. Might be a different bug that also needs fixing.

  • 1C Game Studios
Posted
22 hours ago, BoeingVertol said:

Career mode commander stats corrupt at 57% of career and will not fix with tool.  Tool says file is fixed, but stats are still corrupt.  I can attach if needed.

Ervin Randall, 80th FBS USAF.zip 839.99 kB · 0 downloads

I would wait until after the next update to see if the issue is fixed (which it's planned to be). If not, please let us know, thanks!

Posted
On 8/27/2026 at 4:14 PM, BoeingVertol said:

Career mode commander stats corrupt at 57% of career and will not fix with tool.  Tool says file is fixed, but stats are still corrupt.  I can attach if needed.

Ervin Randall, 80th FBS USAF.zip 839.99 kB · 0 downloads

 

2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

I would wait until after the next update to see if the issue is fixed (which it's planned to be). If not, please let us know, thanks!

I just finished the career mode that I submitted as a bug.   The career fix bat file worked as I encountered three or four corrupt events throughout.   Will wait patiently for the fix.

  • Upvote 1

Computer: AMD 7800x3D, Nvidia 5070Ti, 64Gb DDR5-6000.  Input devices:  Virpil Aeromax Flightstick; Virpil VMAX Throttle, Charlie Rudder.  Varjo Aero.

Flying simulators since MS Flight Sim on an Apple IIe circa 1982.

Posted

Trucks start rendering too late, while tanks render earlier. 
Ground objects should be visible at a consistent, reasonable distance regardless of type.

  • Upvote 2
Posted

Translator:Tiled Blocks Damaged doesn't affect trees. So we see destroyed towns in the game with all trees still intact. Is it possible to change this? 

  • Upvote 2
Blaze1969
Posted
On 8/18/2026 at 11:11 AM, LukeFF said:

Could you please attach the .db file from data\Сareer\ inside the game's folder here? The file is named after your pilot (the first one in this career, in case he was replaced) and the squadron.

Sorry for the delay but the good news/ bad news is it happened again so you have two samples. Same situation can't progress pass end of day.

RE Thompson., 7th428th FBS USAF.zip Rob Thomas., 9th FBS USAF.zip

  • Thanks 1
Posted


Blaze1969, thanks for your files, I see what the problem is. You were quite unlucky to get such corner case twice: some supplies arrived at 1730 which is exactly the latest possible time to start a daytime mission on that day. However the world simulation also wanted to start an emergency mission that day but couldn't because it was already too late. Here I edited both careers to allow them to continue Robert Thomason (both careers fixed).zip
This should be fixed in the next update.

Camper1704
, thanks, I checked and you can use the tool from this reply to repair your database. It should work fine afterwards.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Can we keep the skins and load outs we choose instead of doing it all over gain every mission. After a while this becomes frustrating. 

I want to choose skin and helmet skins and tail numbers and keep them. Not add every mission. 

  • Upvote 1

R5 - 5500X3D - ASROCK - B55O - RTX4070S - LEXAR - 48GB - PICO NEO 3 LINK DP.

Posted (edited)

I'm reporting a bug that occurred during a career simulation.


The career simulation in question involves the 7/428th FBS.

2026_9_8__14_10_41.jpg.5219871458b1dd1e9b4a3f78b8c9b2a9.jpg

2026_9_8__14_10_57.jpg.3bf7b8ece93cec319d9560384175f607.jpg

2026_9_8__14_10_53.jpg.2b925f3fcf98afbe1861a2a47afd8a04.jpg

Some pilots no longer have information about their operational history.

2026_9_8__14_11_21.jpg.25c2507184bc3e6042f8b4b2099244e6.jpg

2026_9_8__14_11_54.jpg.4d790e54448c6de3f381ae315100771e.jpg

 

When I try to confirm the crew selection for a mission by clicking “Accepter” in english :(Submit), I have a crash to desktop (link below)

 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/2t99n7i4ej25v0ezmh6f0/IL2Series.exe.13584.dmp.7z?rlkey=horksklqbmvwuol040nsfrmuo&st=jc55hgla&dl=0

Edited by Obelix
  • 1C Game Studios
Posted
2 hours ago, Obelix said:

I'm reporting a bug that occurred during a career simulation.


The career simulation in question involves the 7/428th FBS.

2026_9_8__14_10_41.jpg.5219871458b1dd1e9b4a3f78b8c9b2a9.jpg

2026_9_8__14_10_57.jpg.3bf7b8ece93cec319d9560384175f607.jpg

2026_9_8__14_10_53.jpg.2b925f3fcf98afbe1861a2a47afd8a04.jpg

Some pilots no longer have information about their operational history.

2026_9_8__14_11_21.jpg.25c2507184bc3e6042f8b4b2099244e6.jpg

2026_9_8__14_11_54.jpg.4d790e54448c6de3f381ae315100771e.jpg

 

When I try to confirm the crew selection for a mission by clicking “Accepter” in english :(Submit), I have a crash to desktop (link below)

 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/2t99n7i4ej25v0ezmh6f0/IL2Series.exe.13584.dmp.7z?rlkey=horksklqbmvwuol040nsfrmuo&st=jc55hgla&dl=0

It's a known issue, should be fixed in the next update.

  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Career with LA11 not continuing past a certain date.  I keep clicking the NEXT DAY button.  Not able to move forward.  Tried to use the repair career mode. No go

***EDIT***  Just saw Ankor's post up thread.  Will wait for update that we should get this week to continue this career.

 

 

Pyotor Sechnoy, 2nd Sqn of 351st ONIAP SAF.zip

Edited by Voxman
Saw Ankor's fix.

Computer: AMD 7800x3D, Nvidia 5070Ti, 64Gb DDR5-6000.  Input devices:  Virpil Aeromax Flightstick; Virpil VMAX Throttle, Charlie Rudder.  Varjo Aero.

Flying simulators since MS Flight Sim on an Apple IIe circa 1982.

FuriousMeow
Posted (edited)

I don't know if this is a bug, or if somehow the skin creator can cause this - there's so few custom skins its not easy to test. 

So far with the La11, Yak9 and MiG15 plus a custom skin,  Digits style 2 #5 gets applied - to every plane with the custom skin. Not just the player - every plane with the skin. The F86 also gets Digits style 2 but #6.

The F51 doesn't do it so it makes me think it's not the skinner.

All skins from @FAW_Tromplamort. Sorry, so far you're the only one with period accurate skins that look good. 

 

Edited by FuriousMeow
  • Upvote 1
FuriousMeow
Posted

In this mission attached, my flight went to another airbase - the one that is guarded by flak and supposed to down me/my friendlies - but they landed with impunity. The AA did come alive when I came within range, and seemed to shoot at the one plane still in the sky until I got closer then it concentrated on me. All 3 flight members landed safely. They also had differently colored flight numbers, first time I've noticed that but maybe accurate that North Korean flights had the flight lead with a different colored number? Not sure on that, but its odd the flight went to the AA guarded base that's supposed to shoot at me/my team.

Sinmak was the local base to land at, but my flight went to Sariwon.

map.jpg.f808121af59651e9e528bd194b1977e5.jpg

 

Also, this strange super wide landing gear track that narrows to what it should look like in external view. I just hit shift-f2 to external view my team mates, and on the ground they have super wide landing gear - and the nose gear backtracks - that then narrows when the camera is on them. First time I've seen this.

 

strange_wide_lg3.jpg

strange_wide_lg4.jpg

strange_wide_lg1.jpg

MiG15TaskEditorMission.rar

  • Thanks 1
Posted
On 9/26/2026 at 9:28 AM, Voxman said:

Career with LA11 not continuing past a certain date.  I keep clicking the NEXT DAY button.  Not able to move forward.  Tried to use the repair career mode. No go

***EDIT***  Just saw Ankor's post up thread.  Will wait for update that we should get this week to continue this career.

 

 

Pyotor Sechnoy, 2nd Sqn of 351st ONIAP SAF.zip 1.46 MB · 0 downloads

This is now fixed with 1.004.  Thank you support team!

  • Like 1

Computer: AMD 7800x3D, Nvidia 5070Ti, 64Gb DDR5-6000.  Input devices:  Virpil Aeromax Flightstick; Virpil VMAX Throttle, Charlie Rudder.  Varjo Aero.

Flying simulators since MS Flight Sim on an Apple IIe circa 1982.

FuriousMeow
Posted (edited)

There's floating fuel drums near K-51 Inje. They look to be about 3236891 - the bright red squiggles on the map. Screens and mission included.

hindendrumsmap.jpg.8c43b50cb57dd57a5610b95c27a25ef1.jpghindendrums3.jpg.093904f770ce63780ee2d835b6fcfd1d.jpghindendrums2.jpg.20f6e2341ab5c53edc3e9f39b02f90f9.jpghindendrums1.jpg.4c60d3eee796fd83f9c15e17ab0fe815.jpg

Mission file:

K51fueldrums.rar

Edited by FuriousMeow
FF*Stid*15
Posted
29.09.2026 в 04:25, FuriousMeow сказал:

In this mission attached, my flight went to another airbase - the one that is guarded by flak and supposed to down me/my friendlies - but they landed with impunity. The AA did come alive when I came within range, and seemed to shoot at the one plane still in the sky until I got closer then it concentrated on me. All 3 flight members landed safely. They also had differently colored flight numbers, first time I've noticed that but maybe accurate that North Korean flights had the flight lead with a different colored number? Not sure on that, but its odd the flight went to the AA guarded base that's supposed to shoot at me/my team.

Thanks for the report. It will be fixed in the next update.

Posted

In career mode, when playing as the 39 fis usaf (f-51 02.04.1951), I never encountered a single enemy aircraft in 7 sorties. At the same time, in missions without the player’s involvement, the enemy appears, according to the mission log.image.png.62ed74bbcf269f9bca0b71f5b982b000.pngimage.png.d4e9e78f99da65872b365b50d6b544d6.png

Posted

В миссиях карьеры за  США, по сопровождению B-29, на любом типе самолетов  , над целью и в пути не появляются красные перехватчики. Такая проблема у меня с раннего доступа и продолжает присутствовать  после крайнего патча. В итоге просто приходится летать туда и обратно. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...