CFC_Conky Posted September 14 Posted September 14 1 hour ago, Valis said: It's normal. There were defects in the early MiG-15s which caused this - they fixed it (and is included as a MOD) Just keep your speed high and turns gentle. If the aircraft is shaking you're bleeding energy un-necessarily. Thanks Valis! CFC_Conky
Bert_Foster Posted September 15 Posted September 15 Vallis you say a fix for this left rolling tendency was in a mod. I presume you are referring to a real world modification rather than an in game mod ?
Valis Posted September 15 Posted September 15 14 minutes ago, Bert_Foster said: Vallis you say a fix for this left rolling tendency was in a mod. I presume you are referring to a real world modification rather than an in game mod ? It was fixed in real-life, and there's an optional in-game mod that does the same thing.
Bert_Foster Posted September 15 Posted September 15 I see no change in behaviour with or without the speed brake mod. The MIG15 has identical left rolling tendency throughout the speed range including at Low Mach number.
Valis Posted September 15 Posted September 15 9 hours ago, Bert_Foster said: I see no change in behaviour with or without the speed brake mod. The MIG15 has identical left rolling tendency throughout the speed range including at Low Mach number. Yep, you're right, I hadn't noticed it before. The effect appears constant no matter the speed so I doubt it's an aerodynamic effect. Possibly there's a touch more weight on the left side of the plane? @LukeFF Can you ask if it's a bug or normal behaviour?
Staylens Posted September 24 Posted September 24 MiG-15. Help, how do I steer during takeoff? The aircraft turns to the left during takeoff, despite pressing the keys A, S, D. What am I doing wrong?
[I.B.]-=ViRUS=- Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 7 минут назад, Staylens сказал: MiG-15. Help, how do I steer during takeoff? The aircraft turns to the left during takeoff, despite pressing the keys A, S, D. What am I doing wrong? Use brakes and rudder axis at the beginning of a take off. After gaining speed enough you could just use rudder.
Staylens Posted September 25 Posted September 25 Thank you very much! Brakes — keys A,S,D (default). Is the rudder axis keys or a joystick?
AndreiTomescu Posted September 25 Posted September 25 (edited) an axis has to be a lever, you might have on a device like joystick, throttle, pedals, etc. it's quite difficult to use keys for stuff that's an axis in real life, since you only have zero vs max input. since this sim it's awesome and also promising, maybe it's worth investing in some unexpensive levers for different axis. the hole experience it's gonna be hugely different. i got this Logitech G Saitek PRO Flight Throttle Quadrant Black, it has 3 full axes, with contact al full end (so an aditional 3 "buttons"), plus another 3 double buttons (so another 6) it's about 65 euros. it's plastic, but i have it for 2 yrs and it's working flawless. Edited September 25 by AndreiTomescu 1 Oreoreeeoyeero!
AndreiTomescu Posted September 25 Posted September 25 On 9/24/2026 at 1:30 PM, [I.B.]-=ViRUS=- said: Use brakes and rudder axis at the beginning of a take off. After gaining speed enough you could just use rudder. one that can take-off with a Mosquito in GB , we can say is qualified for a Mig-15 take off. 🙂 however, i found it to be much easy with the Mig. it's a lovely bird. Oreoreeeoyeero!
Valis Posted September 29 Posted September 29 (edited) MiG's engine won't start unless the 'Fuel Helper' is engaged. In the video I try to start the engine without the helper enabled and it fails. I let the engine spool down and try again, this time with the helper, and it starts fine. Once the engine is running it's safe to turn off the helper. Attached is the _gen mission file from the video. _gen.rar Edit: OK, I apparently need to manipulate the fuel shut-off lever - but every time I do I receive a 'Low fuel in feeder tank' then a 'Fuel starvation' message. I follow the exact timing of the helper (fuel lever on @ 900rpm) but it fails. I've tried just about every other RPM, too. Any tips? Edited September 30 by Valis 1
Valis Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) Now the US aircraft have a sexy push-to-hold cage function, is there any sign that the MiG will get it's blip-able airbrake? Edited September 30 by Valis
Grizli60rus Posted September 30 Posted September 30 По МиГу с топливной системой, немного не понял. Выбираю управление фюзеляжным баком, отключаю насос второго бака, и если правильно понимаю, то 160л из заднего - вырабатываться не должны? Но проверил: МиГ на стоянке, запустил его (включил подкачивающий насос, насос второго бака не включал вовсе, помошник управления топливной системы - отключен). Держу 9000об на тормозах его, вырабатывается топливо из первого бака до 905л (это верно), а затем всё равно начинается расход из второго бака не смотря на отключённый насос. Пробовал включить и отключить его ещё раз - ничего. Так и должно быть, или это баг? Топливный кран - это понятно, перекрывает подачу топлива вообще. А какой смысл в общем выключателе насоса и выключении подкачивающего насоса? Т.е в игре есть какие-либо ситуации или повреждения, где это можно использовать, или это нужно только для запуска на земле? В справку бы пару строк про управление толивной системой, что и зачем...
Bert_Foster Posted October 1 Posted October 1 On 9/30/2026 at 9:00 AM, Valis said: MiG's engine won't start unless the 'Fuel Helper' is engaged. In the video I try to start the engine without the helper enabled and it fails. I let the engine spool down and try again, this time with the helper, and it starts fine. Once the engine is running it's safe to turn off the helper. Attached is the _gen mission file from the video. _gen.rar 915.6 kB · 0 downloads Edit: OK, I apparently need to manipulate the fuel shut-off lever - but every time I do I receive a 'Low fuel in feeder tank' then a 'Fuel starvation' message. I follow the exact timing of the helper (fuel lever on @ 900rpm) but it fails. I've tried just about every other RPM, too. Any tips? Work around: https://forum.il2-series.com/topic/5425-update-1004-is-now-live/page/8/#findComment-39960 1
Valis Posted October 1 Posted October 1 (edited) So...here's the startup sequence for the MiG-15. 1) Select 'Fire Valve' with R_Shift + PageUp and PageDown. 2) Using R_Shift + Home/End, select 'Fuse* Tank Control' and turn it on with R_Shift + Insert. 3) Using R_Shift + Home/End, select 'Booster Pump Circuit Breaker' and turn it on with R_Shift + Insert. 4) Using R_Shift + Home/End, select 'Fire Valve'. 5) Set throttle lever to 10%. 6) Press 'E' to start engine. 7) When RPM reaches 1000 use R_Shift + Insert to engage 'Fire Valve'. (Wait for other systems to come online) Done. (Phew!) * Fuel? Edited October 1 by Valis
DedVdV Posted October 2 Posted October 2 (edited) После обновления фара МИГа стала светить куда-то влево. Edited Wednesday at 07:09 AM by DedVdV
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now