Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 8/17/2026 at 5:16 AM, TheTonester said:

Anyone have a solution for this? i have the same issue

That looks like driver issue, please run a test with another flight sim. .

Also your on win10 and a G2. Are you using them drivers for G2 that makes win10 work. 

Try updating drivers for the headset. 

Roll back GPU drivers. When last time all was good. 

Edited by KoN

R5 - 5500X3D - ASROCK - B55O - RTX4070S - LEXAR - 48GB - PICO NEO 3 LINK DP.

TheTonester
Posted
1 hour ago, KoN said:

That looks like driver issue, please run a test with another flight sim. .

Also your on win10 and a G2. Are you using them drivers for G2 that makes win10 work. 

Try updating drivers for the headset. 

Roll back GPU drivers. When last time all was good. 

Got it sorted…Had to turn off DLSS…isnt it win 11 that you need special drivers for? G2 working fine on 10

Ryzen 7 9800x3d - MSI B850M - 32Gb ddr5 6400mhz - RTX 5080 16Gb - 2tb nvme ssd - Thrustmaster Warthog - MFG Crosswinds V3 - Turtlebeach Velocity One Yoke and Quadrant - CH Throttle Quadrant - Buttkicker Gamer Pro - HP Reverb G2 - Next Level GTtrack with Combat Flight Pack - TrackiR 5 - Various Authentikit peripherals

agiorgitis
Posted
On 8/19/2026 at 12:21 AM, YoYo said:

This was written by someone who has no idea what they're talking about. I wouldn't worry about it. Btw. The new DD announces optimization work for VR as well, so keep your fingers crossed for changes. However, search this forum for tips for VR; there are plenty of them. It won't be perfect, but it should be "playable".

Sorry but I have idea of what I'm talking about as you can see in photos... Everything in Korea is on maximum, 72fps in Pimax, DLSS Performance, and I'm constantly at 68-72fps in the game.20260823_140733.jpg.7d51fe982a2c5a08722b7cac9fad0594.jpg

korea 1.jpg

korea 2.jpg

20260823_140836.jpg

  • Haha 3
Posted

Don’t toss the towel in.

I’ve got quest3, link cabled to 7800x3d, RTX4090, 64gb ram.

I was frustrated with il2k in VR until I read YoYo’s post;

https://share.google/GAnezZMbQnFbf02uv
 

I followed it, did everything he said, and then tweeked it to suit by dropping PD to 1.1 (from YoYo’s 1.2) and the FOV to 0.8; 0.8 (from his 0.7). I cranked AA to 8x (YoYo uses 4x). Winding my endcode bitrate down from 960 (what i used in DCS) to 650 seemed to reduce the “twinkling”. 

I now runs really good. I also close background apps. I was a DLSS user but I’m now happy to put up with a bit of twinkling when using FXAA as the improved clarity is worth it.

VectorXR’s turbo mode is also set to ON.

The game is now very playable in the Quest3.

 

  • Like 1
TCW_Brzi_Joe
Posted

VR issues;

1) yak mirror shows too high, It is not possible to check directly behind plane, no matter where my head is. I do not believe that was intentional in game.

2) headbox + vr ; headbox in vr limits goggles, and not head. Mostly propeller planes can show, if I look up, my head is in same position, but my goggles are outside of headbox, and my view shifts. Same is if I look down. 

Similar, I can not see all lower instruments on all planes, even if theoretically there is a plenty space to move head and look instruments behind aiming device and joystick. 

GrumpyGnome
Posted

Don't have VR, so can't reply on item 2. But you do know the mirrors are adjustable. 

  • Confused 1
TCW_Brzi_Joe
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, GrumpyGnome said:

But you do know the mirrors are adjustable. 

What? No. How?

Edited by TCW_Brzi_Joe
ComputerJones
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, TCW_Brzi_Joe said:

What? No. How?

You need to bind a few things for selecting instruments (it's a "scroll" option, increment/decrement), selecting instrument controls (there's a provision for multiple controls on a single instrument), and then actually incrementing the values. As you "scroll" through instruments, the needles sweep and the mirrors will rock to show you've selected them, and for the mirrors, once selected, use your binding for increment/decrement on the value and you'll see the mirror shift in real time.

Edited by ComputerJones
GrumpyGnome
Posted

The bindings you need are shown below, bindings 103 - 107. I just left them as default.

1) select the device/gage you want to adjust. Press binding 103 (R Shift + Page Up) till the gage/device is selected. there are 2 ways to tell when you have mirror selected, the mirrow wil wiggle, the easiest way to do this is with techno chat enabled.

2) Then use bindings 107 (R Shift + insert) and 108 (R Shift + Delete) to adjust the mirror up and down.

Bindings 105 and 106 are for gages that have more than 1 control on them.

 

BindingsDevices.jpg.cbf4462c3a2245db84000ed35eed5632.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Zanshin999
Posted

I bought IL2 Korea today. It plays fine on the desktop but when I try VR on my Quest 3 using Steamlink or Virtual Desktop, I see a heavily pixelated image on the headset and PC Screen. Any ideas? See pics below - it’s so bad I can’t even read the text. 
thanks

36743c173e0646d9a1b907bf5e5e0158.jpeg

3540fa3dfb82400e9b0d416d7cba6487.jpeg

Posted
2 hours ago, Zanshin999 said:

I bought IL2 Korea today. It plays fine on the desktop but when I try VR on my Quest 3 using Steamlink or Virtual Desktop, I see a heavily pixelated image on the headset and PC Screen. Any ideas? See pics below - it’s so bad I can’t even read the text. 
thanks

36743c173e0646d9a1b907bf5e5e0158.jpeg

3540fa3dfb82400e9b0d416d7cba6487.jpeg

Bad settings. Show VD streaming setting and game settings, on my end (quest 3) game is sharp.

Posted

You probably have potato mode enabled on your VD. Test the various image quality modes. Another issue is the possible bandwidth of your Wi-Fi router.

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

ComputerJones
Posted (edited)

Not a super-scientific datapoint but after some off-hand posts in the VR performance thread in general mentioned not using DLSS, I gave it a try.

On a 4090 with Intel i9-14900KF and 128GB DDR5 and Pimax Crystal Super 50PPD (high refresh mode)

  • smoother performance in general,
  • no smudgy dots, easier spotting and aircraft identification out to 3000 feet+

Key settings:

  • NO Upscaling (e.g. no DLSS or FSR)
  • High Preset
  • 3x Terrain Detail
  • 130km horizon draw
  • Distant Objects on
  • FXAA 4x
  • Indirect lighting off
  • No dynamic resolution
  • 4K textures
  • FPS optimized for cities
  • HDR on
Edited by ComputerJones
Panthercules
Posted

I'm confused - you say you gave DLSS a try, but in your list of settings you say you're not using DLSS.  Can you post the settings that you did use for your DLSS trial?

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

ComputerJones
Posted

I specifically said I was trying without DLSS.

Panthercules
Posted

Ahh - I misinterpreted your first sentence. I thought when you said you were giving "it" a try that the "it" was DLSS (i.e., that you were giving DLSS a try despite/after reading the warnings not to use it).  Sorry about the confusion.

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

aldaiense
Posted
On 27/6/2026 at 7:52, YoYo said:

El juego requiere una optimización VR significativa y crucial. Esto se aplica especialmente a las ciudades, pero también a las formaciones de bombarderos controlados por la IA (el siguiente paso).

En cuanto a las ciudades, creo que puede haber un problema con el LOD de los edificios y la optimización de los grupos de edificios. Esto significa que sobrevolar una ciudad activa una presentación de diapositivas. Personalmente, en esos momentos, mi tasa de fotogramas cae más de la mitad (de 72 a 40-30 FPS), haciendo que el simulador sea injugable en estas áreas. Ni siquiera hablo de combates aéreos o bombardeos, solo de los edificios en sí. No hay tal problema en IL-2 BoX; incluso las grandes ciudades europeas (París) generan el máximo FPS (72 en mi caso). En IL-2 Corea, incluso las aldeas medianas provocan una caída significativa de FPS. Comparado con otros simuladores como MSFS o DCS, las grandes ciudades me dan el máximo FPS. En DCS, una ciudad como Londres (de la Segunda Guerra Mundial) me da un constante 72 FPS, aunque es mucho más detallado; Dubái y El Cairo y Las Vegas tienen los mismos FPS máximos. Así que algo va seriamente mal en la optimización de ciudades y pueblos más grandes en IL-2 Corea.

Sinceramente, ni siquiera puedo imaginar volando multijugador sobre ciudades en IL-2 Corea, porque sería simplemente injugable.

Os insto a que actualicen la optimización a los estándares de FPS IL-2 BoX como una de las principales prioridades para el equipo de 1CGS.

Hay muchas quejas sobre la optimización en IL-2 Corea, y prácticamente todo el mundo está de acuerdo. Aquí hay algunos ejemplos de lugares donde la tasa de fotogramas se reduce a la mitad. Tomemos Seúl como referencia. Es prácticamente imposible volar aquí, y mucho menos usar el aeropuerto:

5IoGFo2.jpg

tZMaFun.jpg

Debería añadir que uso una RTX 5090, un procesador i7 13900 y 64 de RAM. Así que todo debería funcionar perfectamente en ese hardware. Como veo caídas del 50% o más en VR, ¿qué pasa con otros hardware (y estoy usando ajustes medios en IL-2 Corea)? Lanzar un juego cuyas especificaciones mínimas son esencialmente una RTX 5090 para VR, y que sigue muy lejos de ser ideal, no es buena idea, así que por favor, arreglad las optimizaciones cuanto antes. ¡Gracias!

Me pasaba igual con una rtx 4090. Ryzen 7 7800x3d y 64gb ddr5. Encontre mi problema porque ahora me va perfecto todo a tope. Cambie de router porque jugaba con virtual desktop por wifi. Mi router de ahora es el tp-link archer ax75. lo se, costo 128€ y es la polla de poner ese dinero para poder jugar a este juegazo, pero es lo que a mi me funciona. 

 

 

lkyfly0859
Posted

When starting IL2 Korea in OpenXR mode, every time I end a flight mission and start a new one, the game crashes within 5min. This means that every time I return to base and land, I have to exit the game completely and re-enter it before I can start the next flight. However, this issue does not occur when playing on a monitor or using SteamVR

lkyfly0859
Posted

这个应该是一个严重的游戏BUG导致的,所以我希望可以尽快修复

Posted

DLSS is buggy there something not right in VR.

The only stable setting I get is FSR-AA. 

The rest is just bad. Most settings on low. 2D screen everything maxed out runs 60 fps no issues.

VR is bugged. 

  • Upvote 1

R5 - 5500X3D - ASROCK - B55O - RTX4070S - LEXAR - 48GB - PICO NEO 3 LINK DP.

Posted
On 9/8/2026 at 7:36 AM, lkyfly0859 said:

When starting IL2 Korea in OpenXR mode, every time I end a flight mission and start a new one, the game crashes within 5min. This means that every time I return to base and land, I have to exit the game completely and re-enter it before I can start the next flight. However, this issue does not occur when playing on a monitor or using SteamVR

If you use OpenXR toolkit turn it off, its a main case of CTD in VR here.

  • Upvote 1

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

This is a sort oof heads up - a solution for mini-stutters across the board in the few games anf sims I play with Meta Quest3 headsets and a Nividia 5060 graphics card.After much time and much expended energy trying with out success trying to get help from Meta Support , the problem/solution made itself known:

re2.jpg.d5bc8a84417f03e580e995a4450d410f.jpg

Dialing it back actually worked for both ( esp) Cable and once I get a Router Repeater for WiFi...✌️


CPU: i7-14700F RAM: iBuyPower 2x16GB 5200MT/s SSD: WD Green SN 3000 1TB NVMe GPU: Nvidia RTX 5060

 

 

USAF-Mitchum-960_640.2jpg.jpg

Posted
2 hours ago, Blitzen said:

This is a sort oof heads up - a solution for mini-stutters across the board in the few games anf sims I play with Meta Quest3 headsets and a Nividia 5060 graphics card.After much time and much expended energy trying with out success trying to get help from Meta Support , the problem/solution made itself known:

re2.jpg.d5bc8a84417f03e580e995a4450d410f.jpg

Dialing it back actually worked for both ( esp) Cable and once I get a Router Repeater for WiFi...✌️

But its not IL-2 Korea issue ;), reported already here:

 

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Posted
9 hours ago, YoYo said:

But its not IL-2 Korea issue ;), reported already here:

 

No - this glitch was across the board in VR games and sims for me...😵‍💫


CPU: i7-14700F RAM: iBuyPower 2x16GB 5200MT/s SSD: WD Green SN 3000 1TB NVMe GPU: Nvidia RTX 5060

 

 

USAF-Mitchum-960_640.2jpg.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...