Dash,Polder Posted Tuesday at 12:04 AM Posted Tuesday at 12:04 AM I would agree with not removing or limiting options, there are a lot of weird combinations you can set and sometimes you hit a jackpot where your system hits a groove. Removing those options reduces the chances you can find the right groove your hardware combo will perform at peak. There's a lot of different combo's of hardware components out in the wild, the more accessible the settings the better the odds everyone can get it to work to their own satisfaction. 4
kmo1619 Posted Tuesday at 09:31 AM Posted Tuesday at 09:31 AM I understand the AI issue on the career mode. But that basically means that VR is only suitable for multiplayer and very simple dogfights in skirmish. Plus the fact that I now have to live with low graphics on the multiplayer server while my load never exceeds 6%. On only one server with average 12 players and probably a second one when yalu is running regularly. And the limitation of the graphics options tells me, that the chance for this issue to be solved is on the lower side. I mean,the graphics are so low now,I tried an airfield attack yesterday and attacked a basically empty airfield until loads of planes popped right in front of me. To me, it's unplayable when the target pops in in a shorter distance than I'd actually open fire. I'm really a IL 2 fan and have basically all dlc and collector planes in GB ,but here im deeply disappointed. I wish I'd drop the money in two DCS modules, that would have been a better investment. In the current state the game is a waste of money and time for me. 1
NicksNacks Posted Tuesday at 10:15 AM Posted Tuesday at 10:15 AM Yeah I hear you guys. I updated my system just for Korea and was having a great time with it (after a couple days of tweaking till I hit it just right like dash ponder said) until this update. The removal of the graphics options had me starting over with VR settings. Yesterday I finally got it somewhat acceptable so I jumped on combat box (which is now pretty unpopulated) and attacked an armored column. Looked at the road and there were a few dots spaced far apart... Wait... Those are Sherman's when I zoomed in! I lined one up for a shot and all of the sudden the air was filled with tracers from a bunch of invisible guns! As I screamed by at tree top level... Oh wait that road is full of trucks all in a nice line, too bad I can't see them till I'm about to crash into them. Pretty disappointing that the early access was better than this. I also have bought everything that 1C has produced since Rise of Flight including the founder's edition of Korea and haven't felt any remorse until trying to strafe that column yesterday. I'm sure they'll fix it but I agree that 1.004 was a major step backwards. Guess I'll go back to my beloved Flying Circus for awhile until they get this sorted. I appreciate everyone that's been working on the tweaks to make this run. See you in the skies (eventually) Nick 5
Panzerlang Posted Tuesday at 11:36 AM Posted Tuesday at 11:36 AM Without being able to see what kit you guys are running it's impossible to assess the performance you're getting, but it sounds like you're running the game on potatos. Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods. AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods. RTX 5090 GPU. No mods. 64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on. Samsung SSD. Monitor at 3840x2160. Pimax Crystal Super.
kmo1619 Posted Tuesday at 12:09 PM Posted Tuesday at 12:09 PM (edited) 33 minutes ago, Panzerlang said: Without being able to see what kit you guys are running it's impossible to assess the performance you're getting, but it sounds like you're running the game on potatos. 9800 x3d with 64RAM and 5080 isn't what I'd call potatoes,but opinions are different obviously. Also, the point here is not lack of power, the issue is that we're forced to use a graphic setting that doesn't allow us to see stuff until we're basically on top of it. I know I have the headroom, because that was not an issue before the update. Also, when it comes to the AI CPU bound, I'd be happy to hear what CPU has a noticable better performance for this kind of application than a 9800x3d. To me it's just crazy that parked planes and vehicles literally just show up in front of your nose. I'd be forced to attack an empty road cause that road is firing at me. Please go ahead and try it out yourself. Edited Tuesday at 12:12 PM by kmo1619 1
Husar Posted Tuesday at 12:16 PM Posted Tuesday at 12:16 PM 2 minutes ago, kmo1619 said: To me it's just crazy that parked planes and vehicles literally just show up in front of your nose. I'd be forced to attack an empty road cause that road is firing at me. This is also an issue with the 2D presets. In VR, the presets are really bad and basically unplayable without zoom. BTW, in VR I also don’t see bullet-hit effects on airframes. 😞 1 1
kmo1619 Posted Tuesday at 01:23 PM Posted Tuesday at 01:23 PM 1 hour ago, Husar said: This is also an issue with the 2D presets. In VR, the presets are really bad and basically unplayable without zoom. BTW, in VR I also don’t see bullet-hit effects on airframes. 😞 So, does this also apply to 2d ultra preset for example? I had the impression that the visibility was ok before the patch in VR with presets High and Ultra. But then again,I've had so much tweaking with that game, I'm loosing track.... should have made some notes... having to make notes for something like that is at least questionable.
BlitzPig_EL Posted Tuesday at 01:50 PM Posted Tuesday at 01:50 PM I play flat screen, nothing has changed for me. Still get high, stable frame rates, game looks great, except for the hydrogen bomb sunrise and sunset effects. 64gb ram, 7800X3D, 5070ti. 1
Fabry_ASW19 Posted Tuesday at 02:03 PM Posted Tuesday at 02:03 PM After lot's of tweaking both on game setting and on Quest3 Virtual Desktop yesterday I was able to get back to similar nominal FPS I had before the 1.004 was released, I can now at least have fun doing visual low altitude navigation and strike on big targets in Combat Box. But my Air to Air spotting capability is now much worse, and ground objects appear randomly, so I only tackle big targets no column chasing anymore, and Air to Air only if I get engaged. And if i climb above 2000 feet the terrain just look like a low poly mesh of brown and green There's more even if the FPS number is stable there's a constant micro stuttering that is hard to ignore, the sad part is that my experience was very smooth and reliable before, I believe that the majority of Quest3 VR players were doing just fine before all that 1.004 accomplished is to make VR problem a more widespread proplem. My system is not a bad one Quest3 + Virtual Desktop + Dedicated WiFi 6 router Intel i9(8X 3.20GHz + 16X 2.40GHz/36MB L3 Cache) 32GB DDR5-6000MHz GeForce RTX 5070 Ti - 16GB 1 1
kmo1619 Posted Tuesday at 02:15 PM Posted Tuesday at 02:15 PM In case you haven’t tried it yet: I managed to get rid of most of the micro-stutter by using VectorXR Turbo mode. That made quite a noticeable difference. It doesn’t help with the heavy stutter once several AI units are involved, though. And honestly, an air combat sim where you have to avoid most air-to-air combat and a large part of air-to-ground combat because you can't see the targets kind of removes both the “air” and the “combat” from the experience.
Husar Posted Tuesday at 02:16 PM Posted Tuesday at 02:16 PM 1 hour ago, Husar said: This is also an issue with the 2D presets. In VR, the presets are really bad and basically unplayable without zoom. BTW, in VR I also don’t see bullet-hit effects on airframes. 😞 No , the ground objects pop up was there from beginning in 2D. https://youtu.be/9gpqcPKksmw?is=qyC3RerYWhwPwbIW Just now, kmo1619 said: In case you haven’t tried it yet: I managed to get rid of most of the micro-stutter by using VectorXR Turbo mode. That made quite a noticeable difference. I'm using turbo in sequential mode did you try asynchronous mode?
kmo1619 Posted Tuesday at 02:35 PM Posted Tuesday at 02:35 PM 7 minutes ago, Husar said: No , the ground objects pop up was there from beginning in 2D. https://youtu.be/9gpqcPKksmw?is=qyC3RerYWhwPwbIW I'm using turbo in sequential mode did you try asynchronous mode? Had it set to Auto, and the system decided Async was best. To be fair, I never tried anything else, so I’ll give sequential a shot. The pop-in was obviously there from the beginning. I probably just didn’t notice it because of the honeymoon phase, and it also seems to depend a lot on the situation. Columns seem to be partially hidden by it. Yesterday, during an airfield attack, all the parked aircraft suddenly appeared at roughly the same distance as the trucks in the video. From farther away, the airfield looked completely empty. And I’m talking about large aircraft like a C-47 just suddenly popping into existence. I completely understand that compromises have to be made for VR performance, but this goes way too far.
Husar Posted Tuesday at 02:50 PM Posted Tuesday at 02:50 PM (edited) 15 minutes ago, kmo1619 said: Yesterday, during an airfield attack, all the parked aircraft suddenly appeared at roughly the same distance as the trucks in the video. From farther away, the airfield looked completely empty. And I’m talking about large aircraft like a C-47 just suddenly popping into existence. Yes, it also very noticeable on airfields,for strafing runs it's very bad , you don't know if something is there to strafe in first place and when you eventually see objects it to late for correcting. You need to go around and remember where those objects were before they pop up and be visible... Longer time on target - more likelihood of been shot down 👎🏼 Edited Tuesday at 02:51 PM by Husar 1
NicksNacks Posted Tuesday at 03:05 PM Posted Tuesday at 03:05 PM Not a potatoe system. 9800x3d RX9070 32 gig RAM reverb G2. Everything worked great before the 1.004. No pop ins, smooth over cities, strafing columns was better than any flight sim I've ever flown. Don't know if they can roll it back now but I would be all for it. 1 1
Dash,Polder Posted Tuesday at 06:45 PM Posted Tuesday at 06:45 PM Try setting your startup.cfg file graphics section draw_distance = 0.00000 and see if that fixes it, should turn the draw distance limits off. But remember if you make any changes on any in game graphics setting it will default back to = 1.00000 3
Panzerlang Posted Tuesday at 10:48 PM Posted Tuesday at 10:48 PM 10 hours ago, kmo1619 said: 9800 x3d with 64RAM and 5080 isn't what I'd call potatoes,but opinions are different obviously. Also, the point here is not lack of power, the issue is that we're forced to use a graphic setting that doesn't allow us to see stuff until we're basically on top of it. I know I have the headroom, because that was not an issue before the update. Also, when it comes to the AI CPU bound, I'd be happy to hear what CPU has a noticable better performance for this kind of application than a 9800x3d. To me it's just crazy that parked planes and vehicles literally just show up in front of your nose. I'd be forced to attack an empty road cause that road is firing at me. Please go ahead and try it out yourself. So that's really weird then. The only difference is I have a 5090 vs your 5080. I see/get none of the issues you're reporting. Terrain is superb, at all distances, and ground objects are visible except with zoom at long range (I see them un-zoomed but they 'can' vanish at max zoom...sometimes and only some, it seems random). I've flown two career missions with the IL10, one task-editor mission with F80 and napalm, and in none did I experience bad stutter, though FPS did dip from high 80s to mid 70s. I'm using Cheeky. Game settings are pretty high. OG Crystal is on full render. So yeah, it's odd. 8 hours ago, kmo1619 said: In case you haven’t tried it yet: I managed to get rid of most of the micro-stutter by using VectorXR Turbo mode. That made quite a noticeable difference. It doesn’t help with the heavy stutter once several AI units are involved, though. And honestly, an air combat sim where you have to avoid most air-to-air combat and a large part of air-to-ground combat because you can't see the targets kind of removes both the “air” and the “combat” from the experience. I've tried VectorXR Turbo three times now, in each case it increases stutter for me. 10 hours ago, Husar said: This is also an issue with the 2D presets. In VR, the presets are really bad and basically unplayable without zoom. BTW, in VR I also don’t see bullet-hit effects on airframes. 😞 Ah yes, I've noticed that too. I assumed the rounds were penetrating and detonating out of sight. Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods. AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods. RTX 5090 GPU. No mods. 64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on. Samsung SSD. Monitor at 3840x2160. Pimax Crystal Super.
FuriousMeow Posted Tuesday at 11:30 PM Posted Tuesday at 11:30 PM I don't have pop-in either. Graphics settings mostly ultra/full detail/whatever except grass is set to distant instead of the furthest, no upscaling, and the indirect lighting disabled. Using FSR AA for AA. I think I have sharpen disabled. 3440x1440 ultra wide screen with HDR supported through the monitor. 4080 Super running latest drivers. nVidia settings are default except texture quality set to High Quality, v-sync disabled, power management prefer full power. nVidia overlay disabled. Replaced both the DLSS and the AMD FSR dlls with the latest version. System side all drivers latest for AMD mobo, latest BIOS as well.
NicksNacks Posted Tuesday at 11:47 PM Posted Tuesday at 11:47 PM 5 hours ago, Dash,Polder said: Try setting your startup.cfg file graphics section draw_distance = 0.00000 and see if that fixes it, should turn the draw distance limits off. But remember if you make any changes on any in game graphics setting it will default back to = 1.00000 This worked for me. Just did a flight and the column was visible as before. Thanks Dash!
FuriousMeow Posted Wednesday at 01:40 AM Posted Wednesday at 01:40 AM Not sure if this is new, don't recall seeing it before but maybe never paid attention and probably has been there but just ran into a C47 - twice - with a Yak9P and other than killing the engine was able to glide away. Started firing off cannon rounds just because and the rounds were way off centerline. Thought it was a bug at first, but the second collision the rounds again were off centerline but a different direction than the first time. I don't know how often that will be noticed but still neat detail.
Dash,Polder Posted Wednesday at 02:55 AM Posted Wednesday at 02:55 AM There is an issue with it, your own setting isn't used in the online servers, was just on the Combat Box and invisible ground targets issue is awful in it. I don't have it in solo play at all, so it has to be server side. It's terrible, even many of the huge tents can't be seen, target sites look almost completely barren unless you zoom in full. Need a fix pronto, not a ground attack sim like this.
Husar Posted Wednesday at 07:29 AM Posted Wednesday at 07:29 AM 4 hours ago, Dash,Polder said: There is an issue with it, your own setting isn't used in the online servers, was just on the Combat Box and invisible ground targets issue is awful in it. I don't have it in solo play at all, so it has to be server side. It's terrible, even many of the huge tents can't be seen, target sites look almost completely barren unless you zoom in full. Need a fix pronto, not a ground attack sim like this. you noticed this in VR or 2D ?
kmo1619 Posted Wednesday at 08:46 AM Posted Wednesday at 08:46 AM 9 hours ago, FuriousMeow said: I don't have pop-in either. Graphics settings mostly ultra/full detail/whatever except grass is set to distant instead of the furthest, no upscaling, and the indirect lighting disabled. Using FSR AA for AA. I think I have sharpen disabled. 3440x1440 ultra wide screen with HDR supported through the monitor. 4080 Super running latest drivers. nVidia settings are default except texture quality set to High Quality, v-sync disabled, power management prefer full power. nVidia overlay disabled. Replaced both the DLSS and the AMD FSR dlls with the latest version. System side all drivers latest for AMD mobo, latest BIOS as well. I Didn't have that pop in when I was able to use high and ultra. Unfortunately the developers decided that those settings are not for VR.
Husar Posted Wednesday at 09:32 AM Posted Wednesday at 09:32 AM 44 minutes ago, kmo1619 said: I Didn't have that pop in when I was able to use high and ultra. Unfortunately the developers decided that those settings are not for VR. In multiplayer it is an issue in on all presets. Ground object visibility range is the biggest flaw in Korea, especially considering how much effort has gone into ground warfare compared to GB — new physical behavior, animations, visual details, etc. 1
FuriousMeow Posted Wednesday at 01:23 PM Posted Wednesday at 01:23 PM Can server settings control draw distance for different objects? That's a new one I've never seen in any MP game I've played. I don't know what else could cause that to be MP specific for ground objects only, because aircraft weren't popping in and out. Ground objects aren't stored when not looking at them in MP? And so ground object respawn becomes more noticeable with higher latency client to server?
FuriousMeow Posted Wednesday at 01:33 PM Posted Wednesday at 01:33 PM 4 hours ago, kmo1619 said: I Didn't have that pop in when I was able to use high and ultra. Unfortunately the developers decided that those settings are not for VR. Gotcha. Yeah, higher settings for VR should be available at a "use at your own risk" option. Anyone complaining about performance at full settings with a decent res VR headset using a 3080 and a Zen3/Rocket or Alder Lake get the ol' upgrade or lower settings response.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now