1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted October 2 1C Game Studios Posted October 2 Pilots, Hotfix 1.004b is now available! Thanks to your reports, we have identified and fixed some of the most critical issues affecting update 1.004: fixed the rendering of clouds and aircraft on AMD graphics cards; fixed dedicated server crashes when playing Ranked mode; fixed the saving of detailed sortie data in Career mode; fixed aircraft control commands being triggered unintentionally when opening the menu, briefing, or statistics screen in flight; added AI-controlled aircraft and other players’ aircraft to telemetry output. We're continuing to work on additional fixes for the next update. Please keep sharing your observations: your feedback helps us prioritize our work on future updates. See you in the skies of Korea! 18 7
ACE-OF-ACES Posted October 2 Posted October 2 Ooooooooooo that is why all the servers disappeared! LOL
robzerg Posted October 2 Posted October 2 Well done for getting this out before the weekend! I can't wait to try this out this evening - the AMD fix sounds promising!!! 1
JG4_Moltke71 Posted October 2 Posted October 2 It’s great to see this update arriving just in time for the weekend. My free time is just starting, and I’m getting the computer warmed up right in time 🙂 Many thanks 🙏🏻 ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset
YoYo Posted October 2 Posted October 2 Nice, thank you! Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Dash,Polder Posted October 2 Posted October 2 (edited) Hey Luke, think it would be possible to get that Cheeky Foveated app to play nice and pass the Multiplayer checks, it's a real game changer for a lot of us using high resolution VR. It's one more solution in the toolbox for us all getting there. Think you could ask the guys to look into it? Thanks. Interesting discovery, if you do the new optional use of the version.dll instead of using the dxgi.dll on a straight openXR vanilla install you can fly on injector restricted servers. So it is possible without a patch. Latest version of Cheeky now gives you that option, and it works. Just did a quick sortie on Combat Box with Foveated fully working. Edited October 2 by Dash,Polder 1 1 6
YoYo Posted October 2 Posted October 2 32 minutes ago, Dash,Polder said: Hey Luke, think it would be possible to get that Cheeky Foveated app to play nice and pass the Multiplayer checks, it's a real game changer for a lot of us using high resolution VR. It's one more solution in the toolbox for us all getting there. Think you could ask the guys to look into it? Thanks. Just out of curiosity, does eye tracking work for you then? Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Dash,Polder Posted October 2 Posted October 2 (edited) On 10/2/2026 at 12:33 PM, YoYo said: Just out of curiosity, does eye tracking work for you then? No, I think it is only working with openVR the steam version of XR in the Pimax for now. Not about to install steam and swap over just for that, foveated fixed is enough of a game changer for now, eye tracking would be the gravy, no doubt we'll get there for openXR, but I'll wait. I don't ever want steam on my machine, not even temporary. Updated- eye tracking does now work in openXR. Edited Wednesday at 02:49 AM by Dash,Polder Change in current capability 1
GiftGruen Posted October 2 Posted October 2 The fix for switches also seems to work 👍 Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea
KC23 Posted October 2 Posted October 2 (edited) I had been doing skirmishes in testing the dogfighting AI in the F51 with 4.0 before the 4b fix. I was going 4 Vs 4 with friendlies set to veteran and enemies (La) set to ace. With 4.0 I would typically get 2 or 3 kills and maybe lose a friendly. I still never felt I had to have my head on a swivel to survive. This morning with the same settings on 4b, here is what happened in my first 3 tries: 1) I jump onto the 1st La and get on his tail. Less than 30 seconds later, another La did a very high-angle (between 50-70 degrees) passing burst and blew me to smithereens. 2) I got a bead on a La after a pass or two. I'm on his tail and matching his moves fairly well. I shoot a burst and miss. I line up for another ... my windshield shatters as another La snuck in behind and nailed me. 3) This time I'm keeping an eye out for the enemy while getting on an La's tail. I get one, then I line up another and get him. Now I'm on a 3rd and a boom, a mid-air, and I'm KIA. I look at the video, and actually it was a very plausible mid-air. His aircraft was skidding hard, and his bottom side was facing me so he really couldn't see me when he hit me. He (friendly) came in from my high 4 o'clock, so I had no reason to look out for him from that direction. He was also mixed up with another La. I didn't see any note on the AI, but whoa ... it sure felt different ... in a good, no, great way. 🙂 Edited October 2 by KC23 grammer, specifics 1 1
Gunfreak Posted October 2 Posted October 2 fixed aircraft control commands being triggered unintentionally when opening the menu, briefing, or statistics screen in flight; So that's why yesterday in coop whenever i opened the map, othet stuff happened. First whenever i opened the map, or hit escape my canopy opened up. I deleted my binding for opening the canopy. But then whenever i opened the map, my gunsight mode changed.
AndreiTomescu Posted October 2 Posted October 2 To be noted the prompt corrections regarding the patch's issues. Thank you, guys. 3 Oreoreeeoyeero!
BoeingVertol Posted October 2 Posted October 2 (edited) 51 minutes ago, AndreiTomescu said: To be noted the prompt corrections regarding the patch's issues. Thank you, guys. +1 Thank you for the quick turnaround gentlemen. We are back!🫡 Edited October 2 by BoeingVertol 9800X3D/5070Ti IL-2 GB/FC/Korea
MiGCap Posted October 2 Posted October 2 +1! I told my friends that the hot fix would be on time for the weekend and we could fly on COMBAT BOX on today’s evening - and I was right! Great work! 👍🏻
Strat40 Posted October 2 Posted October 2 Thank you Devs for switches modification!! Now I can test Ai ennemy planes. Is it normal that sometimes your plane is full trimmed on one side at the beginning of a carrer mission? (I also have that in Great Battles)
ArgonV Posted October 2 Posted October 2 Cheers! Can confirm my switches are back to working as they should, and the clouds on my AMD card are fixed! Finally fighting high alt bombers is at it should be. 1
GiftGruen Posted October 2 Posted October 2 2 hours ago, AndreiTomescu said: To be noted the prompt corrections regarding the patch's issues. Thank you, guys. This! Thanks, guys. 2 hours ago, KC23 said: I didn't see any note on the AI, but whoa ... it sure felt different ... in a good, no, great way. 🙂 Confirmed. Playing IL2 since some years now I constantly was annoyed by bad AI. 1.004 is such a big step forward. ( while dreaming of having this AI in FC and/or IL2 BoX ) … that‘s simply greeat. 1 2 Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea
Rocket_Knut Posted October 2 Posted October 2 @Regingrave Thank You, appriciated! Well done, keep it up! 1
JG4_Moltke71 Posted October 2 Posted October 2 After two missions in the IL-10 and the F-51, I have to say that I really like the greater variety of radio calls. While there are still a few minor errors to fix, the potential seems huge. The AI even gives "check your six" warnings... impressive. No sign of the control bug anymore—thanks for that! 🙂 2 ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset
Panzerlang Posted October 2 Posted October 2 5 hours ago, Dash,Polder said: No, I think it is only working with openVR the steam version of XR in the Pimax for now. Not about to install steam and swap over just for that, foveated fixed is enough of a game changer for now, eye tracking would be the gravy, no doubt we'll get there for openXR, but I'll wait. I don't ever want steam on my machine, not even temporary. I'm on it (with Aevum), lol. Looks like it might be a memory-limit issue in calibration but still waiting to hear back from Clark. 🙂 1 Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods. AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods. RTX 5090 GPU. No mods. 64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on. Samsung SSD. Monitor at 3840x2160. Pimax Crystal Super.
Dash,Polder Posted October 2 Posted October 2 14 minutes ago, Panzerlang said: I'm on it (with Aevum), lol. Looks like it might be a memory-limit issue in calibration but still waiting to hear back from Clark. 🙂 So it's getting chiseled down very close, good news. If you use vectorXR watch out if you upgrade to a newer version, it's openXR run doesn't like being stacked below. You can set the order of the stack in vectorXR itself though to fix it. Took me a while to figure why not one of my sims would fire up, did an upgrade of vector earlier, it changed the stack order. 1
FuriousMeow Posted October 3 Posted October 3 (edited) Just did an enemy Harbour Attack, and the other 3 in the flight attacked targets and actually expended all external munitions - but about half were on targets already destroyed and disapparated due to them already destroyed. These were the static ones, the non-statics weren't attacked after destroyed. Also, super cool but so far I've seen two different types of ships break up. On the right track for sure though. Edited October 3 by FuriousMeow 1
Jade_Monkey Posted October 3 Posted October 3 ❌Bug: F51 Fuel selector animation is pointing in the wrong direction as you cycle through the different tanks, especially the right drop tank is very off. 1 AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 32 GB DDR4 | nVME SSD | VR headset: Pimax Dream Air SLAM
YoYo Posted October 3 Posted October 3 13 hours ago, Dash,Polder said: Hey Luke, think it would be possible to get that Cheeky Foveated app to play nice and pass the Multiplayer checks I think you answered your own question :): Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now