Clyde1 Posted Tuesday at 03:35 PM Posted Tuesday at 03:35 PM 7 hours ago, Charger said: I had a play with cheeky yesterday and could not get dynamic foveated to work. I was keeping with sboys3/steamVR. Not sure what went wrong but I might go back over this thread. Are you using a Pimax headset? Yes, Pimax 50 PPD with 9800X3D/5090. For some odd reason eye tracking only works for me in game, not in the initial startup screens. I'm happy with the visuals and performance gains and running around 10ms GPU frame time. Below is my performance sitting on the runway in an F86.
pr0x Posted Tuesday at 05:14 PM Posted Tuesday at 05:14 PM The newest DLSS models (310.9.1) have really improved anti-ghosting. With cheeky DLAA at default fov tangents, and the M preset, I don't see any ghosting at all. Compared to 4xMSAA there is a little less clarity, but not much. And DLAA, unlike MSAA, does not create shimmering. I don't know why people use super-sampling. It's very performance expensive, and doesn't make much difference. Cheeky actually has a super-sampling setting, and it immediately shows the results on screen so that you can judge it without any placebo effect. With the Quest 3 going from 100% VD resolution to 200%, I don't think I would pass a blind-test that asked me whether super-sampling was enabled or not.
Husar Posted Tuesday at 05:16 PM Posted Tuesday at 05:16 PM (edited) Same mission with cheeky, even AI dosen't hit much the performace sice CPU has more headroom without Edited Tuesday at 05:23 PM by Husar
Redeye Posted Tuesday at 06:03 PM Posted Tuesday at 06:03 PM I am using also VectorXR for the modern jet simulator and that also gives foveated VR. I know VectorVR foveated doesn’t work with Korea but I was wondering if both programs could come into conflict?
pepper9881 Posted Tuesday at 06:29 PM Posted Tuesday at 06:29 PM 25 минут назад, Redeye сказал: I am using also VectorXR for the modern jet simulator and that also gives foveated VR. I know VectorVR foveated doesn’t work with Korea but I was wondering if both programs could come into conflict? I use Vector XR constantly and have tried many versions of Cheeky. If the Vector XR OpenXR layer was positioned below the Cheeky layer, the game would crash on startup with certain versions. However, when the Vector layer was placed first, no issues occurred. 1
Dash,Polder Posted Tuesday at 07:09 PM Author Posted Tuesday at 07:09 PM PimaxPlay has issues with openXR and VRAM allocation, https://forum.openmr.com/t/issue-in-pimax-openxr-runtime-causing-vram-overhead-with-ofxr/43469 May have to be a member to get in, but if you own a pimax you probably should, great resource. No issue with the other drivers, Steam, openVR, or the Soyboy.
pr0x Posted Tuesday at 07:37 PM Posted Tuesday at 07:37 PM Looks like the latest version (0.5.5) added an option 'Fix motion-vector blur' that fixed the problems with the K preset. K preset in DLAA mode is definitely the goto for clarity.
cmbishop Posted Tuesday at 07:55 PM Posted Tuesday at 07:55 PM 21 hours ago, Panzerlang said: List what you've done in F8 settings menu. Did you select the drop-down from "Fixed" to "OpenXR (etc)"? Thanks Panzerlang for your answer. I send you my F8 settings. I hope it'll help.
Picchio Posted Tuesday at 08:28 PM Posted Tuesday at 08:28 PM Tested with a BSB2e. I am gladly reporting that it works. Which mission should I run in order to test a performance-heavy scenario?
Panzerlang Posted Tuesday at 11:01 PM Posted Tuesday at 11:01 PM (edited) 3 hours ago, cmbishop said: Thanks Panzerlang for your answer. I send you my F8 settings. I hope it'll help. I'm thinking you're using the broken/bugged version. Pepper came out with a fork that fixed it and Clark has now updated his to v5.5, though you now have to select 'Manual' instead of 'Auto' in his. Pepper's (the one I'm currently using). His includes a shader file that you have to include, read his notes attentively. His works as soon as you switch from 'Fixed' to 'OpenXR' etc. Release Eye tracking openxr layer fix for Samsung Galaxy XR and more · Pepper9881/CheekyFoveatedDLSS Edited Tuesday at 11:02 PM by Panzerlang 2 Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods. AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods. RTX 5090 GPU. No mods. 64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on. Samsung SSD. Monitor at 3840x2160. Pimax Crystal Super.
pepper9881 Posted Wednesday at 02:03 PM Posted Wednesday at 02:03 PM 18 часов назад, pr0x сказал: Looks like the latest version (0.5.5) added an option 'Fix motion-vector blur' that fixed the problems with the K preset. K preset in DLAA mode is definitely the goto for clarity. I recommend trying preset J. It is designed primarily for scenes with rapid movement—especially dark objects against a light background—where the standard preset K causes significant ghosting. With preset J, this effect is noticeably reduced. For instance, in MSFS, a speed indicator on a glass cockpit display can turn into a complete blur during takeoff, whereas with preset J, it remains quite legible. In terms of overall image sharpness, they are identical. 1
cmbishop Posted Wednesday at 06:18 PM Posted Wednesday at 06:18 PM 19 hours ago, Panzerlang said: I'm thinking you're using the broken/bugged version. Pepper came out with a fork that fixed it and Clark has now updated his to v5.5, though you now have to select 'Manual' instead of 'Auto' in his. Pepper's (the one I'm currently using). His includes a shader file that you have to include, read his notes attentively. His works as soon as you switch from 'Fixed' to 'OpenXR' etc. Release Eye tracking openxr layer fix for Samsung Galaxy XR and more · Pepper9881/CheekyFoveatedDLSS Thanks Panzelang ! I'll take a look at it.
Husar Posted Wednesday at 11:28 PM Posted Wednesday at 11:28 PM (edited) 9 hours ago, pepper9881 said: I recommend trying preset J. It is designed primarily for scenes with rapid movement—especially dark objects against a light background—where the standard preset K causes significant ghosting. With preset J, this effect is noticeably reduced. For instance, in MSFS, a speed indicator on a glass cockpit display can turn into a complete blur during takeoff, whereas with preset J, it remains quite legible. In terms of overall image sharpness, they are identical. Unfortunately, the J preset does have visible ghosting behind fast-moving objects like aircraft—not as much as K, but it's still there. L and M don't seem to have this issue, or at least much less than the others. For additional sharpening, I'm using the old NVIDIA Image Sharpening enabled via the registry, as in-game sharpen can exaggerate scratches on the canopy glass, making them look like shiny metallic contacts. Edited Wednesday at 11:49 PM by Husar
pepper9881 Posted yesterday at 08:09 AM Posted yesterday at 08:09 AM 8 часов назад, Husar сказал: Unfortunately, the J preset does have visible ghosting behind fast-moving objects like aircraft—not as much as K, but it's still there. L and M don't seem to have this issue, or at least much less than the others I agree with you that the "M" preset produces less ghosting than the "J" preset. However, it also results in lower image clarity at the same DLSS resolution. I verify this by looking at the pressure reading on the altimeter of the La-11 or Yak-9P; the text is sharper with the "J" preset.
Husar Posted yesterday at 11:31 AM Posted yesterday at 11:31 AM 3 hours ago, pepper9881 said: I agree with you that the "M" preset produces less ghosting than the "J" preset. However, it also results in lower image clarity at the same DLSS resolution. I verify this by looking at the pressure reading on the altimeter of the La-11 or Yak-9P; the text is sharper with the "J" preset. For me more important is to id plane type and aspect angle while ghosting is not helping on that. Clarity is important but I find it good enough with preset M.
YoYo Posted yesterday at 04:25 PM Posted yesterday at 04:25 PM (edited) 16 hours ago, Husar said: For additional sharpening, I'm using the old NVIDIA Image Sharpening enabled via the registry, as in-game sharpen can exaggerate scratches on the canopy glass, making them look like shiny metallic contacts. Does it work in VR? If yes, nice idea, I'll try. ... but "via the registry"? Edited yesterday at 04:26 PM by YoYo Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Husar Posted yesterday at 04:40 PM Posted yesterday at 04:40 PM (edited) 19 hours ago, YoYo said: Does it work in VR? If yes, nice idea, I'll try. ... but "via the registry"? Should work. For 2D I'm sure, you can see shaper image on menus before entering the 3D regedit [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm\Parameters\FTS] Find "EnableGR535" change that to 0 (dword:00000000) Find Image Sharpenning w Nvida Control Panel. Edited 12 hours ago by Husar 1
kmo1619 Posted 13 hours ago Posted 13 hours ago I don’t know, CheekyFoveatedDLSS does little to nothing for me. It actually makes the image in my Quest 3S even blurrier than it already is.Spotting and identification is almost impossible. The load drops a bit, but as soon as a few AI units enter the scene, the heavy micro-stutter comes back. The worst part is how other aircraft look like they’re skipping one or two frames. I actually get pretty good results without CheekyFoveatedDLSS and with MSAA 2x enabled — the image is sharp enough and everything runs well until other units start showing up. From that point on it becomes almost unplayable. Especially other aircraft are extremely hard to hit properly because they keep jumping around instead of moving smoothly. I’ve tried pretty much every setting I can think of, but it doesn’t really matter how high or low the load is — as soon as AI gets involved, the stutter is there. The FPS itself usually stays almost completely stable, which makes it even more obvious that this isn’t a normal GPU performance issue. With a 9800X3D and an RTX 5080, I honestly expect better than that.
Husar Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago (edited) 57 minutes ago, kmo1619 said: I don’t know, CheekyFoveatedDLSS does little to nothing for me. It actually makes the image in my Quest 3S even blurrier than it already is.Spotting and identification is almost impossible. The load drops a bit, but as soon as a few AI units enter the scene, the heavy micro-stutter comes back. The worst part is how other aircraft look like they’re skipping one or two frames. I actually get pretty good results without CheekyFoveatedDLSSCheekyFoveatedDLSS and with MSAA 2x enabled — the image is sharp enough and everything runs well until other units start showing up. From that point on it becomes almost unplayable. Especially other aircraft are extremely hard to hit properly because they keep jumping around instead of moving smoothly. I’ve tried pretty much every setting I can think of, but it doesn’t really matter how high or low the load is — as soon as AI gets involved, the stutter is there. The FPS itself usually stays almost completely stable, which makes it even more obvious that this isn’t a normal GPU performance issue. With a 9800X3D and an RTX 5080, I honestly expect better than that. I’m running a 5070 Ti and a 7800X3D, and with CheekyFoveatedDLSS I can maintain 72 FPS using DLSS Quality. On the Quest 3, I use a large vertical foveal region, while on the Quest Pro I use a small 0.40 × 0.40 rectangular fovea. This also helps reduce CPU load, allowing me to have AI planes and ground units active while maintaining good performance. I’m talking about Skirmish mode, as I don’t play Career. I also have a multiplayer track recorded from a mission where I dropped napalm and the AI AAA was active. In that mission, FPS dropped to 40 despite CheekyFoveatedDLSS being enabled. These are CPU bottleneck scenarios, and there’s little we can do on the user side. The devs really need to optimize CPU usage, particularly AI processing. This particular mission isn’t even anything special, yet even on a 2D monitor, FPS drops from 160 to 70. 😞 Edited 12 hours ago by Husar 1
Panzerlang Posted 11 hours ago Posted 11 hours ago 1 hour ago, kmo1619 said: I don’t know, CheekyFoveatedDLSS does little to nothing for me. It actually makes the image in my Quest 3S even blurrier than it already is.Spotting and identification is almost impossible. The load drops a bit, but as soon as a few AI units enter the scene, the heavy micro-stutter comes back. The worst part is how other aircraft look like they’re skipping one or two frames. I actually get pretty good results without CheekyFoveatedDLSS and with MSAA 2x enabled — the image is sharp enough and everything runs well until other units start showing up. From that point on it becomes almost unplayable. Especially other aircraft are extremely hard to hit properly because they keep jumping around instead of moving smoothly. I’ve tried pretty much every setting I can think of, but it doesn’t really matter how high or low the load is — as soon as AI gets involved, the stutter is there. The FPS itself usually stays almost completely stable, which makes it even more obvious that this isn’t a normal GPU performance issue. With a 9800X3D and an RTX 5080, I honestly expect better than that. There is very obviously something wrong with your system. Possibly a duff 9800. Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods. AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods. RTX 5090 GPU. No mods. 64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on. Samsung SSD. Monitor at 3840x2160. Pimax Crystal Super.
kmo1619 Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago 3 hours ago, Panzerlang said: There is very obviously something wrong with your system. Possibly a duff 9800. Nope, DCS and other stuff runs perfectly fine. Stuttering with increasing AI also seems to be a wide spread issue. I can easily play Home By Christmas cause its been optimized. Career ranges from kinda ok to almost unplayable, depending on the mission. No fun to play...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now