Clyde1 Posted Sunday at 04:01 PM Posted Sunday at 04:01 PM (edited) 7 hours ago, Charger said: Good to see some gains being made! I'll have to check it out. I wonder with a pimax super ultrawide if I should go the sboys3 steamVR route, or revert back to pimax open xr? Sboys3 has been awesome in Great Battles and AMS2 racing sim. 100% Sboy3 for me. It has a much better distortion profile vs Pimax. I also cropped the excess vertical and horizontal image I don't see with Sboy3 and use its luma sharpening. I could only get the Cheekyfoveated eye tracking working with the Openvr setting in Korea, but it works perfectly. FFR was all I could use with the Pimax/Openxr setting and the visuals/gains were not even close to using Sboy3/Cheekyfoveated/Openvr. Edited Sunday at 04:06 PM by Clyde1
Dash,Polder Posted Sunday at 06:07 PM Author Posted Sunday at 06:07 PM (edited) 2 hours ago, pepper9881 said: Without waiting for the correction of the tracking of the eyes from the author of the program, I corrected it myself. Thanks to the working tracking, reducing the central zone to 0.48x0.40 and disabling DLLA for the regional zone, it became possible to fly on with stable 90 FPS! in-air for VD Rampage 4608×4224 per eye resolution in DLSS Quality mode with maximum graphics settings in Korea, including indirect lighting. While earlier with maximum graphics I didn't touch even up to 72 fps and had to disable indirect lighting. I have the Galaxy XR, Ryzen 9950X3D and 5090. I use only the preset J, so it gives less soap on the devices than M, and less guesting than K. For the Il-2 Korea and the top VR helmets it is a completely revolutionary program and I am eternally grateful to its author ClarkCheekyKent. I have a fps with her now in Korea almost more than in IL-2. Link to my форкfork with 0.5.4 version fixes Thanks, you deserve a Golden Star, you just gave us fully working eye tracking in the Pimax Super series headsets. Not only that you got indirect lighting working at almost no cost, also for the first time pushed up clouds to maximum level. The only setting not maxed out is grass off. Now this is how the game is suppose to look. (3698 x 3710) per eye, I use a +.8 vertical offset to square up the res. The eye tracking won't really allow you to boost res, that's more the foveated doing that, but it does let you push up the eye candy levels a bit more. Direct lighting costs from zero normal to .5 milliseconds when under a heavy scene load, so you may drop a frame or three, not much load at all. Take the top file in his download package and insert that in the folder along side the game .exe with the version.dll he has provided, put the folder he packaged up in there also. I also installed the CheekyOpenXRSetup.exe he provided, not sure if that was modified. Initially I didn't place the CheekyFoveatedDLSS.addon64 into the folder not being sure what it was, but it's the eye tracking component, without it the app won't even display the eye tracking stuff in it's pages. Another thing to note, there is no misalignment at all in his version in Pimax Super, you don't have to correct anything, good to go from the start. Nice work, Pepper! Oh, also field tested version.dll on an injector restricted online multiplayer server and it works fine. Although it can do 90hz on a super now I stuck with 72, can do that one in higher res, better experience. Don't see any benefit gained by going 90, lose too much overhead trying to match the res. Edited Sunday at 06:16 PM by Dash,Polder
JG4_Moltke71 Posted Sunday at 06:39 PM Posted Sunday at 06:39 PM 17 hours ago, Panzerlang said: Lol. Managed to get OpenVR working (had to install and run SteamVR), Cheeky eye-tracking worked but it was reversed (look up, Cheeky looked down etc). There are no settings in the menu to address that. Performance wasn't as good in OpenVR compared to OpenXR anyway, so meh. Bye bye (again) SteamVR. So far I used steamVR only… Where I can find a proper installation guide for openxr ? 🤔 ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset
Dash,Polder Posted Sunday at 06:57 PM Author Posted Sunday at 06:57 PM (edited) 20 minutes ago, JG4_Moltke71 said: Where I can find a proper installation guide for openxr ? https://github.com/Pepper9881/CheekyFoveatedDLSS/releases/tag/0.5.4 Grab the .zip and the .exe. Run the .exe, that will install the openXR layer. It's not signed so your win 11 won't approve, you'll have to bypass it. Unzip the .zip, delete dxgi.dll, you don't need or want that, dump everything else as is into the Korea game folder that holds the IL2Series.exe. When you are in VR, in the 3D world turn the menu on by pressing F8, play with it and adjust. Recommend first thing you do is turn on the red border line. Leave the NR tab alone unless you have DLSS5.0 supported 50 series card, because it won't work without working DLSS5. Per YoYo, make sure your NVIDIA control panel or app doesn't have any presets set or defined or your going to have a conflict show up with squiggly green and red lines all over your periphery. I can only vouch it's working for Pimax Super's.... Edited Sunday at 07:00 PM by Dash,Polder
GiftGruen Posted Sunday at 07:08 PM Posted Sunday at 07:08 PM (edited) 3 hours ago, JochenHeiden said: I'm new here, but what does this change? I am currently running the game excellent without this, how does it help? This tool allows to render the center of the screen with higher quality than the peripheral view and therefore potentially spares a lot of GPU ressources - which you can then use to crank up settings for the center of view. If you headset allows eyetracking, it now also supports to render exactly the part of the screen where you look at with high quality. If your headset doesnt support eyetracking than you have a socalled fixed FVR that means the center of the rendered image is sharper than the outer box. ( this is unfortunately also my case, Dream Air supports eyetracking but my subscription lenses for -7 dio disturb it ) The tool is very helpful in setups where the GPU is not able to drive the headset with full resolution and acceptable or high settings. Edited Sunday at 07:22 PM by GiftGruen Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea
67thFBS_Heiden Posted Sunday at 07:39 PM Posted Sunday at 07:39 PM Is this only for VR? I don't use VR. JOCHEN HEIDEN, MAJ, USAF Commander, 67th Fighter Bomber Squadron Check out my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@jochenheiden Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VVwpgrqNbd
GiftGruen Posted Sunday at 07:49 PM Posted Sunday at 07:49 PM It‘s only for VR, yes. Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea
Husar Posted Sunday at 08:35 PM Posted Sunday at 08:35 PM 45 minutes ago, GiftGruen said: It‘s only for VR, yes. No it's working in 2D also 55 minutes ago, JochenHeiden said: Is this only for VR? I don't use VR. You can use it in 2D also
GiftGruen Posted Sunday at 08:39 PM Posted Sunday at 08:39 PM Ups. Yes, after spending a thought: yes, you are right. Will anyone do so ? Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea
Panzerlang Posted Monday at 12:50 AM Posted Monday at 12:50 AM (edited) 9 hours ago, pepper9881 said: Without waiting for the correction of eye tracking from the author of the program, I corrected it myself. Thanks to the working tracking, by reducing the central zone to 0.48x0.40 and disabling DLLA for the edge zone, it is possible to fly with a stable 90 FPS! in the air at VD Rampage 4608×4224 resolution by eye in DLSS Quality mode with maximum graphics settings in Korea, including indirect lighting. Whereas before, with the maximum graphics, I did not even reach 72 fps and had to turn off indirect lighting. I have a Galaxy XR, a Ryzen 9950X3D, and a 5090. I use only the J preset, so it gives less soap on the devices than M, and less ghosting than K. For IL-2 Korea and top VR helmets, this is a completely revolutionary program and I am infinitely grateful to its author ClarkCheekyKent. I now have more fps with it in Korea than in the IL-2. Link to my fork with fixes of version 0.5.4 Hero!!! 🙂 I have the box at it's smallest, DLAA off on the peripheral, preset J on center and the game settings cranked up (including indirect lighting) and it's mostly high 80s. FMG! 🙂 Edited Monday at 12:54 AM by Panzerlang Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods. AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods. RTX 5090 GPU. No mods. 64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on. Samsung SSD. Monitor at 3840x2160. Pimax Crystal Super.
Panzerlang Posted Monday at 04:39 AM Posted Monday at 04:39 AM Out of curiosity Pepper, what was the cause of the problem? Was it an image size memory thing, as suggested by Chat-GPT? Oh, box at 30x30 now, preset M (Korea's default) and periphery DLSS off. Mostly high 80s, mid 70s low over Seoul with a bit of jerkiness but overall superb. I tried direct lighting on, which had no significant effect on performance (a few FPS) but also offered no significant improvement to IQ, so I turned it off. Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods. AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods. RTX 5090 GPU. No mods. 64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on. Samsung SSD. Monitor at 3840x2160. Pimax Crystal Super.
Picchio Posted Monday at 04:57 AM Posted Monday at 04:57 AM @pepper9881 nice work! Do you have a known list of compatible devices?
pepper9881 Posted Monday at 10:42 AM Posted Monday at 10:42 AM (edited) 8 часов назад, Panzerlang сказал: Out of curiosity Pepper, what was the cause of the problem? There are quite a few changes. I’ve detailed them to the program's author twice. Here is the latest pull request: https://github.com/ClarkCheekyKent/CheekyFoveatedDLSS/pull/52 11 часов назад, Panzerlang сказал: Hero!!! 🙂 Thanks for the kind words, but I would have been a hero three or four years ago. With the current level of LLMs, though, "any cook" ((с) Lenin) can become a programmer)) 7 часов назад, Picchio сказал: @pepper9881 nice work! Do you have a known list of compatible devices? I only have a Samsung Galaxy XR for testing, but I see no reason why this shouldn't work on most headsets with eye tracking. The main problem for the original program's author is that he does't have a headset with eye tracking. Edited Monday at 12:45 PM by pepper9881 1 2
Dash,Polder Posted Monday at 03:38 PM Author Posted Monday at 03:38 PM Pimax owners may want to give this a whirl in combo with Cheeky, can help with running 90 FPS. https://github.com/djules75/OFXR-Bridge/releases Alternative to pimax's own frame gen which apparently is kind of broken. Working on my end pretty good.
Husar Posted Monday at 04:57 PM Posted Monday at 04:57 PM Installed CheekyFoveatedDLSS 0.5.4 Fixed, and eye-foveated DLSS is now working on the Quest Pro through both VD and VDXR. Thanks @pepper9881
Vulture Posted Monday at 08:01 PM Posted Monday at 08:01 PM Any suggested settings for a Quest Pro? i9-14900k, 64gb, 4090, Virtual Desktop. No experience with DLSS (hate ghosting with a passion), usually just jack up the supersampling and squeeze down my FOV. Open to suggestions before I dive in. Vulture
pr0x Posted Monday at 08:41 PM Posted Monday at 08:41 PM 33 minutes ago, Vulture said: Any suggested settings for a Quest Pro? i9-14900k, 64gb, 4090, Virtual Desktop. No experience with DLSS (hate ghosting with a passion), usually just jack up the supersampling and squeeze down my FOV. Open to suggestions before I dive in. Vulture Make sure you are not using any DLSS overrides in the NVidia app or Nvidia configurator (or any 3rd party programs like DLSS swapper). Make sure you have the latest DLSS models installed (use DLSS Swapper). Keep the default FOV values. Turn on the red border and adjust stereo x offset if you see anything other than a single rectangle. Turn off peripheral DLAA. Make sure you are not using DLSS K preset since it doesn't seem to work well at the moment (use DLSS swapper to be absolutely sure). Preset E is fast, M is slower, L is slowest.
GiftGruen Posted Monday at 09:14 PM Posted Monday at 09:14 PM This! M is not only faster than L but (imho) also better quality. Turning off DLAA for outer region gives quite some fps without visual drawbacks ( I missed this setting first ) However, as Yoyo correctly mentioned already, you may have enough GPU power with your 4090 to drive a QuestPro ‚native‘ without Upscaling. And even a very cool Upscaling-tool like Cheeky is inferior to brute force full scale. Check it out for your setup and let us know 🙂 Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea
cmbishop Posted Monday at 09:46 PM Posted Monday at 09:46 PM I’ve installed CheekyFoveatedDLSS 0.5.4 Fixed but I don’t manage to make function the eye tracking… I use an OG Pimax Crystal and I put the eye tracking in the settings. Have you got any tips ? Thanks !
Panzerlang Posted Monday at 10:10 PM Posted Monday at 10:10 PM 15 minutes ago, cmbishop said: I’ve installed CheekyFoveatedDLSS 0.5.4 Fixed but I don’t manage to make function the eye tracking… I use an OG Pimax Crystal and I put the eye tracking in the settings. Have you got any tips ? Thanks ! List what you've done in F8 settings menu. Did you select the drop-down from "Fixed" to "OpenXR (etc)"? Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods. AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods. RTX 5090 GPU. No mods. 64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on. Samsung SSD. Monitor at 3840x2160. Pimax Crystal Super.
Vulture Posted Monday at 11:54 PM Posted Monday at 11:54 PM Sorry, not sure what "drive a Quest Pro Native without upscaling means". I do normally run as much supersampling as I can (in VD for Korea, in QVFR for DCS, for example) and as little AA - and every time I've tried any DLSS I've absolutely HATED it! So before I jump down another software rabbit hole I'll just play the game a bit. It would be nice if we just had the ability to eye-track a region of AA, and leave the rest at lower SS/no AA. Vulture
Panzerlang Posted Tuesday at 01:32 AM Posted Tuesday at 01:32 AM 1 hour ago, Vulture said: It would be nice if we just had the ability to eye-track a region of AA, and leave the rest at lower SS/no AA. Vulture It does that. Select a preset for the center, un-check DLAA for the peripheral. 🙂 Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods. AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods. RTX 5090 GPU. No mods. 64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on. Samsung SSD. Monitor at 3840x2160. Pimax Crystal Super.
Clyde1 Posted Tuesday at 05:38 AM Posted Tuesday at 05:38 AM (edited) IMO, the Sboy3 GUI with Cheekyfoveated eyetracking looks and performs extremely well, pretty much on par as DCS with QVFR. Using Cheekfoveated without Sboy3 does not look and definitely does not perform as well at all, OpenXR or not.. Edited Tuesday at 05:39 AM by Clyde1
Husar Posted Tuesday at 06:53 AM Posted Tuesday at 06:53 AM (edited) 7 hours ago, Vulture said: Sorry, not sure what "drive a Quest Pro Native without upscaling means". I do normally run as much supersampling as I can (in VD for Korea, in QVFR for DCS, for example) and as little AA - and every time I've tried any DLSS I've absolutely HATED it! So before I jump down another software rabbit hole I'll just play the game a bit. It would be nice if we just had the ability to eye-track a region of AA, and leave the rest at lower SS/no AA. Vulture VD Godlike resolution is essentially 1:1 native resolution in the center of the headset’s view. In terms of overall VD performance, 100% resolution means no additional supersampling. Going above 100% is supersampling, which is somewhat pointless because the encoding resolution in VD is fixed at 2/3 of the render resolution of the selected VD preset. SS can sometimes help with aliasing, but when you’re using DLSS/DLAA, that is largely taken care of automatically. For DLSS to look sharp, it needs to be used with sharpening. There are three places where you can apply it: in-game sharpening, VD sharpening before the video is encoded, and sharpening applied when the video is decoded in the headset. BTW, the image can also look sharper or softer depending on the DLSS preset you use. When you use FOV tangents in VD, you’re reducing the render resolution. You can bring it back to 100% by supersampling that smaller FOV box. For example, if you reduce the horizontal and vertical FOV by 20% and then set the render resolution to 125%, you’re putting more pixels into that smaller view box, which can make the image sharper—basically like packing more pixels into a smaller area. Edited Tuesday at 06:59 AM by Husar
Charger Posted Tuesday at 07:43 AM Posted Tuesday at 07:43 AM 2 hours ago, Clyde1 said: IMO, the Sboy3 GUI with Cheekyfoveated eyetracking looks and performs extremely well, pretty much on par as DCS with QVFR. Using Cheekfoveated without Sboy3 does not look and definitely does not perform as well at all, OpenXR or not.. I had a play with cheeky yesterday and could not get dynamic foveated to work. I was keeping with sboys3/steamVR. Not sure what went wrong but I might go back over this thread. Are you using a Pimax headset? 5800x3D | 5090 | Pimax Super Ultrawide
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now