Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

Posted

Gyus

can I make it work with rtx 3090 ti card?

Thanks.

Panzerlang
Posted
1 hour ago, dgiatr said:

Gyus

can I make it work with rtx 3090 ti card?

Thanks.

I don't see why not. Suck it and see. 🙂

Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods.
AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods.
RTX 5090 GPU. No mods.
64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on.
Samsung SSD.

Monitor at 3840x2160.
Pimax Crystal Super.

GiftGruen
Posted (edited)

Tinkered a little more now

Pimax res 100%
Preset K

works like a charm, incredible good quality in the center of view, somewhat crisper than L, stable 72 in dogfights even low down, no ghosting, no smearing.

65 over cities and, Yes, cities still stutter but this is rather CPU I assume. 

Dogfighting is smoother and sharper than I could even dream of some days ago.

THIS is how Korea should be.

Edited by GiftGruen
  • Like 2

Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air

Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea 

Dash,Polder
Posted

For the openXR install on the latest version use the version.dll as your side to the games .exe, not the dxgi.dll and you can hop on injector restricted servers just fine.  

Multi-play is now a big GO!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Posted
7 hours ago, Dash,Polder said:

For the openXR install on the latest version use the version.dll as your side to the games .exe, not the dxgi.dll and you can hop on injector restricted servers just fine.  

Multi-play is now a big GO!

Thanks for this info! it works perfectly.

Dash,Polder
Posted

Yup, helped my nephew set her all up and we hit the Combat Box in multiplayer and had a fantastic night, you don't even notice the view is reduced on the margins, and you can run cranked up a bit higher on the res.  Both of us also went from DLSS performance to the DLSS Quality setting.  Nice to fly using the full FOV with no crop going on and have good performance and visuals.  

Used to be maxed out just under 22 million pixels, now my limit jumped to 27 million total and she holds just fine.

Posted

I’ll try testing this solution today and also enable eye tracking. I’m using a cable and OpenXR. I can't stand DLSS, to be honest, but I'll give it a chance, though I don't think it will make much of a difference for the IL-2 Korea career. We'll see....

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Posted (edited)

I’ve been tinkering with it a bit. It’s certainly not the Holy Grail—just a temporary workaround for *IL-2 Korea*. That said, the real test is still ahead of me: flying a career mission that involves attacking ground targets. I’m not expecting miracles, though, since I experience similar stutters when flying over Seoul, specifically right above the buildings, so it’s clearly still an issue with the game code.

1/ Sometimes, when changing the DLSS preset, flickering colored lines appear at the edges of the screen—some sort of conflict. Has anyone figured out what causes this? Changing a setting makes them go away.

wJ5McAk.jpg

2/ I'm trying to start eye tracking and it seems to me that it should work, because the diagnosis is correct:

6UaMb59.jpg

But "Gaze input active" is set to "No".

Does anyone have any ideas? On the other screen, Gaze is enabled (Runtime Gaze).

3/ As for the ghosting—don't tell me it's not there; it's the DLSS! It’s visible when pressing Ctrl+F3. A fast-moving plane leaves a short, faint trail (and I’m not talking about exhaust fumes, of course). The ghosting occurs just as it does with any DLSS implementation, even on M Preset.

Edited by YoYo

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Posted

Some smearing on fast-moving planes is still visible occasionally, even with the Quality DLSS M preset, although it’s less noticeable with DLAA. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be any other way to get rid of the jagged lines near the ground. FSR has less smearing, though.

I could also use no AA and supersample a bit — basically reduce the FOV and use the saved pixels to increase the render resolution at that cut box , keeping the overall pixel count at 100%. It looks a little better, but it’s not a game change

r..

GiftGruen
Posted

Hm. I cant see any smearing with Preset M and DLSS Quality.

Maybe my eyes are not that sensitive, I am wearing prescriptions with -7 which tells a lot 😉 and I am therefore also used to rather move my head than my eyes. Peripheral view is unsharp for me also in RL. 

Holy grail is a ‚difficult‘ attribute.

This tool gives massive more GPU headroom but, yes, it doesn’t solve general problems of Korea e.g. with probably CPU-based stuttering when many objects are around.

So on GPU side it is a real gamechanger for me and a massive win. 

( Btw: … and It also counters the Devs argumentation that FVR does not help in this game )

  • Like 1

Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air

Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea 

Posted
3 hours ago, YoYo said:

I’ve been tinkering with it a bit. It’s certainly not the Holy Grail—just a temporary workaround for *IL-2 Korea*. That said, the real test is still ahead of me: flying a career mission that involves attacking ground targets. I’m not expecting miracles, though, since I experience similar stutters when flying over Seoul, specifically right above the buildings, so it’s clearly still an issue with the game code.

1/ Sometimes, when changing the DLSS preset, flickering colored lines appear at the edges of the screen—some sort of conflict. Has anyone figured out what causes this? Changing a setting makes them go away.

wJ5McAk.jpg

2/ I'm trying to start eye tracking and it seems to me that it should work, because the diagnosis is correct:

6UaMb59.jpg

But "Gaze input active" is set to "No".

Does anyone have any ideas? On the other screen, Gaze is enabled (Runtime Gaze).

3/ As for the ghosting—don't tell me it's not there; it's the DLSS! It’s visible when pressing Ctrl+F3. A fast-moving plane leaves a short, faint trail (and I’m not talking about exhaust fumes, of course). The ghosting occurs just as it does with any DLSS implementation, even on M Preset.

That happened to me when I had the center rendering setting too high. I'm having really good visuals using the sboy3 driver with DLAA. My resolution is at 4108x3500 and frametime is around 10ms with a 5090. 

Dash,Polder
Posted (edited)

Also the high resolution center areas are not aligned or have much overlap buy default, you can prove it by setting the horizontal and vertical sizes to minimum.  Than it appears as two separate binocular peep holes spread out with the red outline on.  You need to find the sliders to get a good overlap of the two for your particular HMD, not all are going to be the same.  I made mine a full circle shape with the red outline than overlapped the two circle so they lay as one, since a 57ppd Pimax has nearly 100% overlap by design, and the visuals went from OK to wow. 

If you don't set a good overlap according to your headset each eye will pick up loads of overlapping blur from the low render part of that portion of FOV from the other eye.

Edited by Dash,Polder
  • Upvote 1
Dash,Polder
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, GiftGruen said:

Hm. I cant see any smearing with Preset M and DLSS Quality.

Yeah, nephew and I were messing around and both tried M last night and both got that wow impression using M.   M is for Magic apparently, really cleaned things up super clear and sharp.  Should add we both set DLSS Quality too, that may be a winning ticket.

Edited by Dash,Polder
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Dash,Polder said:

Also the high resolution center areas are not aligned or have much overlap buy default, you can prove it by setting the horizontal and vertical sizes to minimum.  Than it appears as two separate binocular peep holes spread out with the red outline on.  You need to find the sliders to get a good overlap of the two for your particular HMD, not all are going to be the same.  I made mine a full circle shape with the red outline than overlapped the two circle so they lay as one, since a 57ppd Pimax has nearly 100% overlap by design, and the visuals went from OK to wow. 

If you don't set a good overlap according to your headset each eye will pick up loads of overlapping blur from the low render part of that portion of FOV from the other eye.

You're not supposed to have any partial overlap - you're supposed to see one red square. I found that when I had partial overlap, the foveation did not work at all, or it produced a lower quality image with lower fps. Also, you should not use the fovea width/height sliders to change the overlap - that will only change the size of the foveation. The way to remove overlap is to change the Stereo X offset setting. I had to change mine to +60 with my Quest 3's.

https://github.com/ClarkCheekyKent/CheekyFoveatedDLSS?tab=readme-ov-file .

Edited by pr0x
Posted

    I am unclear how "Foveated" is much different from Virtual Desktop' FOV Tangent.I have a Quest 3,so I dont have the eye track option.. I have my VirtualDesktop set to 75% ,and get smooth gameplay at 70fps...unless i am near a city or airport,then its down to 50fps. I see that many here have 5090's and say that VR is terrible or unplayable,yet my lowly 4070TI seems to do allright. Its all very confusing and frustrating for sure. Quad view/OpenXr Toolkit/VectorXR/OFXR Bridge/Open Composite/Virtual Desktop/DLSS/OculusDebug/Preset M or maybe K......etc etc.....yikes.I am hoping to upgrade to a 5080,but maybe the GPU is only part of it.Maybe its just the cumulative effect of many variables,but I am not sure how many players are like us and enjoy tinkering and experimenting,,,,the game needs to be good right out the box I'm afraid,otherwise the genre will die.Just my 2 cents.Now I am trying out OFXR :classic_rolleyes: and so far its rock-solid gameplay. :classic_cool:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 (LGA1700)

48.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1066MHz

Intel Core i7 13700KF

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti

931GB Western Digital WDS100T3X0C
931GB Western Digital WD_BLACK SN850X

VirtualDesktop  Quest 3  TrackIR

VKB Stecs   VKB Gladiator   Monster Rhino FFB   MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

 

 

GiftGruen
Posted

Well. It‘s simply a ‚first world problem‘ trying to achieve 4K monitor quality in VR googles.  That‘s all.
 

Pimax 4K googles need some more pixels to render than a Quest3 - a 5090 struggles with 2x4K more than your 4070ti with 2x2K.  And - yes! of course it‘s questionable if all this effort makes sense, in financial and/or tinkering aspects.

Well - that‘s valid for each and every hobby, isn‘t it?  A guy with a 10K mountain bike will not have 10x more fun than the guy with the 1K mountain bike. Nevertheless… there are 10K bikes.

Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air

Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea 

Dash,Polder
Posted

18.5% improvement on pixel count able to render is  nothing to sneeze at.  The Cheeky app itself says 27% improvement, it has a built in comparison mode between on and off foveated.  

I'll take that any day, that's not a minor tweak or gain, that's a game changer.

Posted

I’ve figured out the cause of those horizontal colored bands that sometimes appeared, the ones I posted a screenshot of earlier. I had "Preset M" forced (override) in the NVidia App, which was causing conflicts. It’s better to set everything to "let the application decide" in the driver settings.

  • Like 1

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Posted

"For native OpenVR/SteamVR games using D3D11 or D3D12, the F8 menu also appears as a floating panel in the headset, including the mouse cursor."

This is confusing. Using direct OpenXR the menu isn't supposed to appear in the headset when hitting F8, yet it does.

Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods.
AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods.
RTX 5090 GPU. No mods.
64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on.
Samsung SSD.

Monitor at 3840x2160.
Pimax Crystal Super.

Posted (edited)

"For native OpenVR/SteamVR games using D3D11 or D3D12, the F8 menu also appears as a floating panel in the headset, including the mouse cursor."
"Complete the OpenXR setup below when using OpenXR. The overlay controls appear on the desktop; an in-headset settings menu is not included."

This is confusing. Using direct OpenXR the menu isn't supposed to appear in the headset when hitting F8, yet it does. And hitting F8 while on Windows Desktop does nothing. Maybe it means one would hit F8 while in-game and then alt-tab to desktop to access Cheeky's menu? It appears only in the headset however.

Edited by Panzerlang

Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods.
AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods.
RTX 5090 GPU. No mods.
64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on.
Samsung SSD.

Monitor at 3840x2160.
Pimax Crystal Super.

Posted

Lol. Managed to get OpenVR working (had to install and run SteamVR), Cheeky eye-tracking worked but it was reversed (look up, Cheeky looked down etc). There are no settings in the menu to address that.

Performance wasn't as good in OpenVR compared to OpenXR anyway, so meh. Bye bye (again) SteamVR.

Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods.
AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods.
RTX 5090 GPU. No mods.
64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on.
Samsung SSD.

Monitor at 3840x2160.
Pimax Crystal Super.

Posted

I spent the whole of Saturday testing and playing around with Cheeky Foveated DLSS;

I won't repeat myself, but for those interested in my impressions, I’ve posted a short review here:

Thx!

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Posted

Good to see some gains being made! I'll have to check it out.

I wonder with a pimax super ultrawide if I should go the sboys3 steamVR route, or revert back to pimax open xr?

Sboys3 has been awesome in Great Battles and AMS2 racing sim.

5800x3D | 5090 | Pimax Super Ultrawide

Posted

Не дождавшись исправления трекинга глаз от автора программы, я исправил его сам. Благодаря работающему трекингу, уменьшив центральную зону до 0.48x0.40 и отключив DLLA для краевой зоны,  стало возможно летать на со стабильными  90 ФПС!  в воздухе на разрешение VD Rampage 4608×4224  на глаз в режиме DLSS Quality с максимальными настройками графики в Корее,  включая непрямое освещение. Тогда как раньше с максимальной графикой я не дотягивал даже до 72 фпс и приходилось отключать непрямое освещение. У меня Galaxy XR, Ryzen 9950X3D и 5090. Использую только пресет J, так он дает меньше мыла на приборах чем M, и меньший гостинг, чем К. Для Ил-2 Корея и топовых VR шлемов это совершенно революционная  программа и я бесконечно благодарен ее автору ClarkCheekyKent. У меня с ней фпс теперь в Корее чуть ли не больше, чем в Ил-2.

Ссылка на мой форк с исправлениями версии 0.5.4

  • Thanks 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...