Juri_JS Posted September 28 Author Posted September 28 2 hours ago, MiGCap said: Mission 3, the scramble for the B-29s. I've played it a few times as it is so short and lots of fun, but I noticed something strange: When I had shot down three bombers and landed, mission was not successful. When I downed only one or two and landed, mission was accomplished. I came back a litte bit battered all the time, of course. For mission success you only have to return to base. I guess you received so much damage that the game counted you as destroyed. It's an old problem that already existed in Il-2 GB. By the way, the B-29s are much too easy to bring down. I hope the devs get this fixed. 1
MiGCap Posted September 28 Posted September 28 3 hours ago, Juri_JS said: By the way, the B-29s are much too easy to bring down. I hope the devs get this fixed. Yep, one salvo into one one if the engines or the wings usually was enough.
Juri_JS Posted September 30 Author Posted September 30 I've update the campaign. In game version 1.004 the F-84s in mission 10 were crashing into the ground much too often, so some adjustment were necessary.
MiGCap Posted October 3 Posted October 3 Flew the missions 4, 5, 6 and 7 (some of them multiple times for fun) and got F-51s, B-29s and even a F-80. This campaign is great, especially with the events so close to the real history and that You provide the historical data! 👍👍👍 I am just reading "Fury from the North: The North Korean Air Force in the Korean War, 1950-1953" from Douglas C. Dildy and find all the missions in the book's text. Very good work, @Juri_JS! I used @FAW_Tromplamort's nice Yak-9P skin. 1 1 1
GiftGruen Posted October 3 Posted October 3 (edited) I finished the campaign today. Indeed - very good work and thanks a lot for this cute campaign! Especially liked the mission where a lot of IL10s need to be covered from F51s and high up in the skies the Jets are batteling. What a pity that the Korea Engine doesn’t handle this amount of planes really well, but it‘s playable and fun! Also learned today how nimble this ‚easy prey‘ C47 can be 🤔 Some missions I played more than once, because of having so much fun. It‘s somehow a IL2 GB late war campaign with Korea engine. Thanks again 👍 Edited October 3 by GiftGruen 2 1 Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea
YoYo Posted Sunday at 08:02 AM Posted Sunday at 08:02 AM Congratulations! 🙂 That campaign is waiting for me, but I plan to start it soon. Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Juri_JS Posted Sunday at 08:11 AM Author Posted Sunday at 08:11 AM 13 hours ago, MiGCap said: Flew the missions 4, 5, 6 and 7 (some of them multiple times for fun) and got F-51s, B-29s and even a F-80. In my opinion the campaign is still much too easy, although US planes have "High" and "Ace" skill level. AI has become a little more competent in update 1.004, but it's still not very good at dogfighting.The types of flight maneuvers are very limited, which makes the AI rather predictable.
MiGCap Posted Sunday at 03:39 PM Posted Sunday at 03:39 PM Yep, according to the historical events in real life I should have ended most missions under the parachute. 😄
JollyJack Posted Wednesday at 10:12 AM Posted Wednesday at 10:12 AM (edited) Pff .... stafing ground targets machine gunning with this Yak is nearly impossible, and it has no bombs or rockets alas. But Juri did us some great time save favors by skipping towards the action areas. Wish list for GB? added later: Mission 2 .... if you start your Yak a wee bit slow the others will run you over ..... Juri, do you mind if i fix it? Also integrity check gives a lot of waypoint and no script errors, maybe some are caused by 1.004b needing an update? MissionIntegrityErrors.zip Edited Wednesday at 02:07 PM by JollyJack
MiGCap Posted Wednesday at 03:10 PM Posted Wednesday at 03:10 PM (edited) 5 hours ago, JollyJack said: Mission 2 .... if you start your Yak a wee bit slow the others will run you over ..... Juri, do you mind if i fix it? Be quicker! You are at war and not on holidays, comrade! Next time I have to report You to the party. 😛😉 Edited Wednesday at 03:18 PM by MiGCap Typo 1
MiGCap Posted Wednesday at 06:18 PM Posted Wednesday at 06:18 PM (edited) Their is only one: The communist Korean Workers Party, of course. And as You ask this silly question You now will leave flying corps for the re-education camp!! 😡 😄 Edited Wednesday at 06:20 PM by MiGCap Typo
Juri_JS Posted Wednesday at 06:18 PM Author Posted Wednesday at 06:18 PM (edited) 8 hours ago, JollyJack said: Mission 2 .... if you start your Yak a wee bit slow the others will run you over ..... Juri, do you mind if i fix it? I never really experienced this issue myself, probably my take-off is fast enough. I could increase the timer for the take-off command, but this would be a problem for people who use autopilot for take-off and means they have to wait. You can of course edit the missions for your own use. 8 hours ago, JollyJack said: Also integrity check gives a lot of waypoint and no script errors, maybe some are caused by 1.004b needing an update. You can ignore it, it won't cause any problems. It's mostly caused by the games template files that I used when I initially build the missions. It used waypoints to mark towns and without any object link each one creates a message when doing an integrity check. Not sure whats causing the no script errors, it's probably an issue with certain objects. Edited Wednesday at 06:21 PM by Juri_JS 1 1
JollyJack Posted Wednesday at 07:10 PM Posted Wednesday at 07:10 PM (edited) OK, guess i am slow on take off, avoid ground looping ..... we'll see what the updating brings, but your campaign is great anyway. PS i just found the current Korea Full screen group has no empty airfield waypoints, and Yak tailwheel locks are done by pulling the stick backwards. Edited yesterday at 01:58 PM by JollyJack
Juri_JS Posted 18 hours ago Author Posted 18 hours ago A new version is available. The map template was updated and thanks to @pepper9881 the campaign is now also available in Russian. https://drive.google.com/file/d/19bETBgdrNNhu5P38hQoZ5OMnudE0SRsO/view?usp=sharing 3
YoYo Posted 18 hours ago Posted 18 hours ago 32 minutes ago, Juri_JS said: A new version is available. Thanks! 👍 Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
MiGCap Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago Thank You very much! 👍🏻 Have I start new or are the successes from the initial version carried over? I already finished more than 50 per cent. 🤔
Juri_JS Posted 7 hours ago Author Posted 7 hours ago 15 minutes ago, MiGCap said: Thank You very much! 👍🏻 Have I start new or are the successes from the initial version carried over? I already finished more than 50 per cent. 🤔 You can just continue the campaign, no need to restart. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now