AEthelraedUnraed Posted September 9 Posted September 9 8 hours ago, Jaegermeister said: There could be more than 1 image displayed together in montage form if they were saved as a single file, and given the correct name to match the mission name. I don't know how long the intro file can be, but it does scroll down to read text when needed. A montage of several images is still a single image 😉 There's currently no way to have images at any other place than right at the top of the mission briefing. What I'd like to do, if it were possible, is have a general "banner" image at the top (could be a photo of relevant events), then have some flavour text (pilot backstory or global events), followed by the mission briefing with other images where relevant. E.g. a "photo recon" of the target area, additional maps, etc. 2
Jaegermeister Posted September 9 Posted September 9 9 hours ago, Juri_JS said: No, when the missions begins you have to unpause or the intro doesn't play. Ah, OK. Not sure why I remembered that different. 4 hours ago, AEthelraedUnraed said: A montage of several images is still a single image 😉 There's currently no way to have images at any other place than right at the top of the mission briefing. What I'd like to do, if it were possible, is have a general "banner" image at the top (could be a photo of relevant events), then have some flavour text (pilot backstory or global events), followed by the mission briefing with other images where relevant. E.g. a "photo recon" of the target area, additional maps, etc. True It would be nice to be able to insert other images into the text briefing. 1 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
gabuzomeu Posted September 10 Posted September 10 Hi, Excellent first mission, one remark: when jumping time, it seems blue flight does not follow, so they arrive late, while when playing "real" time, they arrive first, having taken off first. There might be a trick from Jaegermeister to be reused? Anyway, nice missions, many thanks
Juri_JS Posted September 10 Author Posted September 10 2 hours ago, gabuzomeu said: Hi, Excellent first mission, one remark: when jumping time, it seems blue flight does not follow, so they arrive late, while when playing "real" time, they arrive first, having taken off first. There might be a trick from Jaegermeister to be reused? Anyway, nice missions, many thanks That's easy to fix. I just forgot to do it when I added the waypoint skip feature. I will do it in the next update. 1
Juri_JS Posted September 11 Author Posted September 11 I've updated the campaign. Changes: - In mission 1 the second flight should now spawn correctly at his new location when skipping waypoints. - In mission 2 enemy fighters can appear when the player stays in the taget area for too long. - The front line markings on the flight map were corrected in all missions. The blue/red colours should now appear on the correct side of the border, depending on the colour scheme the player has selected. - Influence areas were added. This doesn't have any effect at the moment, but will be necessary when the devs add the possibility that a player can get captured when bailing out or making a crash landing in enemy territory.
Juri_JS Posted September 12 Author Posted September 12 I did some initial tests to see if a Il-10 mini-campaign for the 57th Assault Aviation Regiment might be feasible in the future, with a focus on the units attacks on UN ships. War ships attacked were HMS BlackSwan (July 3, 1950), HMS Comus (August 22, 1950), USS Rochester und HMS Jamaica (September 17, 1950). Apparently there were also attacks on Inchon Harbour and South Korean mine sweepers, but these attacks aren't well documented. First test results were rather disappointing. At the moment the only war ship in the game is the Gleaves class destroyer. It could be used as stand-in for the Black Swan and Comus, but my tests showed, that the damage model isn't great. It's much too easy to sink, even with the Il-10s 50 kg bombs. Also the anti-aircraft defence is completely ineffective, even on the highest AI level. Reminds me of the problem with the B-29, that is much to easy to bring down. I guess it's better to wait for the carrier dlc, to see if it brings any improvements and hopefully also a cruiser. 2
Husar Posted September 12 Posted September 12 Yes it's disappointed that the most common type of destroyer used during the Korean War was the American Fletcher-class and unfortunately, for some reason, it’s not included...
Juri_JS Posted September 12 Author Posted September 12 21 minutes ago, Husar said: Yes it's disappointed that the most common type of destroyer used during the Korean War was the American Fletcher-class and unfortunately, for some reason, it’s not included... From a mission building perspective, I think the most needed ships are: YMS-1 class mine sweeper Fletcher-class destroyer British C-class destroyer Cruiser (maybe USS Rochester that had HO3S-1 helicopters on board) 1
Aapje Posted September 12 Posted September 12 13 hours ago, Husar said: Yes it's disappointed that the most common type of destroyer used during the Korean War was the American Fletcher-class and unfortunately, for some reason, it’s not included... The upside is that because that class was also used in the Pacific, there is still a reason to add it later and then bring it back to Korea.
AEthelraedUnraed Posted September 13 Posted September 13 Just flew the first 4 missions. So far I like it.👍 Really nice to fly these first days of the war. Korea's damage modeling also amazed me; the B-29s got me pretty good and I had to use the emergency release system to get my gear to lower! One small issue; during the first mission, my wingman insisted on attacking the C-47 in the hangar, by which it was completely protected. Maybe make it unengageable.
Juri_JS Posted September 14 Author Posted September 14 7 hours ago, AEthelraedUnraed said: One small issue; during the first mission, my wingman insisted on attacking the C-47 in the hangar, by which it was completely protected. Maybe make it unengageable. That's a good idea.
Husar Posted September 14 Posted September 14 11 hours ago, AEthelraedUnraed said: use the emergency release I didn't know it's working
GiftGruen Posted September 21 Posted September 21 Had a lot of fun yesterday with the first 4 (?) missions of this nice early war campaign. Especially the nice surprise to start my Yak while Bombs explode near my startup path was huge fun 😉 Thanks again ! Looking forward to the next free evening 🙂 1 Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea
MiGCap Posted September 25 Posted September 25 Started the campaign today, great work! 👍 But I had to order the wingman to taxi to the runway and take-off, he didn't do it by himself. Is that correct? Does it mean that I also have to order my flight to attack etc.? And one important question: I haven't figured out how to switch off the helper strip and still have the important messages shown. How can I do that? Got one of the C-47s:
Juri_JS Posted September 25 Author Posted September 25 19 minutes ago, MiGCap said: But I had to order the wingman to taxi to the runway and take-off, he didn't do it by himself. Is that correct? Does it mean that I also have to order my flight to attack etc.? Strange, your wingman should taxi and attack without any commands. I never had the problem that he didn't taxi. 23 minutes ago, MiGCap said: And one important question: I haven't figured out how to switch off the helper strip and still have the important messages shown. How can I do that? A good question, I haven't figured this out too. If such an option doesn't exist yet, the devs should add it. 1
MiGCap Posted September 26 Posted September 26 Mission 2, again strange behaviour of the AI. All five took off and followed me, but refused to attack the airfield. While I was shooting at the targets in low level, they circled overhead. I ordered them to attack then, no change. Only after I had shot down the flying C-47, they startet their ground attacks. But unfortunately all went on the C-47 I've already shot in flames on its parking place.
Juri_JS Posted September 26 Author Posted September 26 3 minutes ago, MiGCap said: All five took off and followed me, but refused to attack the airfield. While I was shooting at the targets in low level, they circled overhead. I ordered them to attack then, no change. Only after I had shot down the flying C-47, they startet their ground attacks. But unfortunately all went on the C-47 I've already shot in flames on its parking place. AI pilots will attack the airfield, but this can sometimes take some time, because they might get distracted by the approaching C-47 or the nearby train. It's usually not necessary to give them any commands. 1
AEthelraedUnraed Posted September 26 Posted September 26 4 hours ago, MiGCap said: Mission 2, again strange behaviour of the AI. All five took off and followed me, but refused to attack the airfield. While I was shooting at the targets in low level, they circled overhead. I ordered them to attack then, no change. Only after I had shot down the flying C-47, they startet their ground attacks. But unfortunately all went on the C-47 I've already shot in flames on its parking place. It's also worth noting that the AI builds up their attacks a bit slower than human players tend to do (but historically more accurate). They'll often circle the area first, then attack into the wind. This can take a while. On 9/25/2026 at 5:56 AM, MiGCap said: Started the campaign today, great work! 👍 But I had to order the wingman to taxi to the runway and take-off, he didn't do it by himself. Is that correct? Does it mean that I also have to order my flight to attack etc.? I had similar behaviour. After a mission restart, everything worked well again. The mission logic for taking off is pretty simple though, so my money is on it being a game bug rather than flawed logic. I did see something similar in one of my missions though; moving the aircraft around to have their starting positions better match the taxi graph parking points fixed it.
Juri_JS Posted September 26 Author Posted September 26 45 minutes ago, AEthelraedUnraed said: I had similar behaviour. After a mission restart, everything worked well again. The mission logic for taking off is pretty simple though, so my money is on it being a game bug rather than flawed logic. I did see something similar in one of my missions though; moving the aircraft around to have their starting positions better match the taxi graph parking points fixed it. Taxiing was also a problem in IL-2 GB. 90% of the time it worked, but sometimes problems occured without a clear cause. In my experience taxiing works better in IL-2 Korea, but it's still not perfect.
MiGCap Posted September 26 Posted September 26 (edited) I also restarted the mission. On the first try the wingman didn’t move at all, regardless of given orders. I noticed the problem also once in the “Home for Christmas” campaign. The flight lead didn’t move and I had to restart the mission. Edit: And one time also my three wing men didn’t move or even start their engines in that campaign. Obviously an AI problem. Edited September 26 by MiGCap
Jaegermeister Posted September 26 Posted September 26 13 hours ago, MiGCap said: All five took off and followed me, but refused to attack the airfield. While I was shooting at the targets in low level, they circled overhead. I ordered them to attack then, no change. Only after I had shot down the flying C-47, they startet their ground attacks. 13 hours ago, Juri_JS said: AI pilots will attack the airfield, but this can sometimes take some time, because they might get distracted by the approaching C-47 or the nearby train. It's usually not necessary to give them any commands. 9 hours ago, AEthelraedUnraed said: It's also worth noting that the AI builds up their attacks a bit slower than human players tend to do (but historically more accurate). They'll often circle the area first, then attack into the wind. This can take a while. It is also worth mentioning that on top of the AI taking a few minutes (1 or 2 which seems like a long time in game) to set up their ground attack runs, if you order them to attack ground targets after they have already started that process they start the routine over, and it just takes that much longer for them to attack. 1 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
MiGCap Posted September 26 Posted September 26 I obviously awaited too much from the AI. Corrupted by real life! 😄 Thank You for clarification.
YoYo Posted September 27 Posted September 27 Thanks for your work again! ❤️ I'll give the campaign a try after patch 1.004. 1 Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
BlitzPig_EL Posted September 27 Posted September 27 (edited) I've noticed in the career mode that the AI will not attack if I am low and attacking on my own. If I climb above them and circle they will then begin offensive action. Edited September 27 by BlitzPig_EL 1
MiGCap Posted September 28 Posted September 28 Mission 3, the scramble for the B-29s. I've played it a few times as it is so short and lots of fun, but I noticed something strange: When I had shot down three bombers and landed, mission was not successful. When I downed only one or two and landed, mission was accomplished. I came back a litte bit battered all the time, of course. Three down, failed:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now