Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

MajorMagee
Posted

Yes, as I demonstrated above, you get a modest performance boost at the cost of losing detail.

Service To The Line,

On The Line,

On Time!

9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz

Posted
2 hours ago, Pyro said:

Maybe you dont have to. Just give it some time until modders really get into this:

 

A true masterstroke in fabricating new wants and needs...

Well, sure. There is also an experimental VR version of DLSS5 that is both fixed and eye-tracked but we're still talking about twice the number of pixels of regular screen resolutions.

This thread should probably be moved to the Modding section, no?

  • 1C Game Studios
Posted

Guys, please watch what you post when attaching images. 🙂 

Posted
20 hours ago, Picchio said:

 

Be serious now 🤣

Who can afford half the framerate? Not to mention the amount of pixels, easily surpassing the 8 million pixels of 4K 😂

To be honest I don't understand that reply. ?? What. ?? 

R5 - 5500X3D - ASROCK - B55O - RTX4070S - LEXAR - 48GB - PICO NEO 3 LINK DP.

MajorMagee
Posted

In and effort to squeeze a little better performance out of Neural Rendering I used the Nvidia App to override the default DLSS Preset M with Preset K. At the fine detail level Preset K provides a bit more clarity in the lettering and slightly higher frame rates.

DLSS Quality Preset K with NR

image.jpeg.06699272df80196d20e70ac5ea129829.jpeg

DLSS Quality Preset M with NR

image.jpeg.2a935a8d70d2e81f54e2d48a9e3072b2.jpeg

Service To The Line,

On The Line,

On Time!

9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz

Posted
On 9/9/2026 at 1:58 PM, KoN said:

To be honest I don't understand that reply. ?? What. ?? 

Here's a summary of the performance cost with a nice table near the end the of the article:

https://www.techspot.com/article/3170-real-dlss-5-performance/

Yes, it's specific to NBA2K27 but it provides useful perspective, I think.

If you consider how many pixels are usually pushed in VR it's easy to have an idea of what to expect (even if the modding community is changing/improving things at an incredible pace).

MajorMagee
Posted

Things continue to evolve. The version by Lecram published on the 10th does a nice job of applying the Neural Rendering at a reduced scale independent of the rendered scale. This lets you have the benefits of NR without the big FPS hit while maintaining text readability in the cockpit.

DLAA with Preset K no NR

image.jpeg.06fe4680dd2c3da4a4fd94a642fdebaf.jpeg

Lecram's NR at 100% scaling with Preset K

image.jpeg.af41fc05d04c624420ec613037e75b58.jpeg

Lecram's NR at 50% scaling with Preset K (you have to look closely to see the reduced resolution effects)

image.jpeg.edcce94f3fff541556c0e8c4044db027.jpeg

Service To The Line,

On The Line,

On Time!

9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz

MajorMagee
Posted (edited)

A few more from outside to show the two codecs available with the Lecram Neural Rendering Add-On.

NR Off

image.jpeg.0ef3510fa5269c86b2385e77a965e01f.jpeg

Lecram NR 66% Scale Anchored Codec (the changes here are pretty subtle)

image.jpeg.74b8637ea66e707cfd5f72d495aa8e0b.jpeg

Lecram NR 66% Scale Classic Codec

image.jpeg.63d52c27a7f91ac5bb54d6c4dcefdb91.jpeg

Edited by MajorMagee
  • Like 1

Service To The Line,

On The Line,

On Time!

9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz

Posted

Has Nvidia announced a date for official DLSS 5 support in games yet (and his drivers)?

Does anyone know anything?

I don't plan on playing *Korea* with DLSS 5—though I admit it looks nice—since the game already has major performance issues, but I’d gladly give it a try in other FPS titles or something similar.

 

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Has Nvidia announced a date for official DLSS 5 support in games yet (and his drivers)?

Does anyone know anything?

I don't plan on playing *Korea* with DLSS 5—though I admit it looks nice—since the game already has major performance issues, but I’d gladly give it a try in other FPS titles or something similar.

 

It's already available (NBA 2K27). Integration must be done by the game developer in order to produce the "intended" results.

Other than that, there is a number of mods available.

Edited by Picchio
  • Like 1
Posted

Yeah, no word on them giving the option to enable DLSS 5 through the Nvidia App. This is clearly possible, but they probably don't want to do that right now due to how DLSS 5 was received.

MGMSwordsman
Posted

I've got DLSS 5 working in IL-2 Korea, DCS, and even IL-2 Great Battles and the difference in visual quality is mind blowing. 

Also, I'm not experiencing much of a performance hit that degrades gameplay at all. 

With DLSS 5, these are new flight sims.🙂😁 

Posted
1 hour ago, MGMSwordsman said:

I've got DLSS 5 working in IL-2 Korea, DCS, and even IL-2 Great Battles and the difference in visual quality is mind blowing. 

Also, I'm not experiencing much of a performance hit that degrades gameplay at all. 

With DLSS 5, these are new flight sims.🙂😁 

what are you using for GB, and what is fps ?

MajorMagee
Posted

Lecram published an update today that provides a few more parameters to adjust.

image.png.f94712958f59bc54a6359def3e314681.png

I'm getting a sharp Neural Rendered image without much FPS reduction or color shift using this.

image.jpeg.3d10757ce9dacf1dce38ead185e5ec11.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Service To The Line,

On The Line,

On Time!

9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz

MajorMagee
Posted

If the developers ever decide to implement Neural Rendering (NR) natively for Korea I hope that it is done this way. 

  1. The scene is calculated at the chosen DLSS/DLAA resolution.
  2. NR calculations are then done at a user selected (equal or lower) resolution.
  3. The final display combines them and is rendered at screen resolution.

If they don't want to provide a full blown UI interface like Reshade just for NR they could do it as a few additional settings in the Graphics selection table. 

NR On/Off

NR Default/Natural/Cinematic

NR IQ/FPS (No Scaling versus Downscaling proportional to the estimated FPS loss)

Service To The Line,

On The Line,

On Time!

9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz

Posted

I uninstalled the DLSS 5 mod because it is rejected by the online servers.

  • Upvote 1
MajorMagee
Posted

DLSS 5 Neural Rendering by Lecram is still working for me after loading today's new GRD 617.14.

Some versions have been reported to have stopped with the new Nvidia drivers and people have had to roll back.

On

image.jpeg.12f5c5ee236ae8b8bc90bfdc5c603429.jpeg

Off

image.jpeg.b332753c59adb99accbf4b1bb357e3ea.jpeg

Service To The Line,

On The Line,

On Time!

9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz

BlitzPig_EL
Posted

Help me out here, what changes am I supposed to be seeing in the two above images?

I sure cannot tell the difference, at least on my monitor.

  • Upvote 2
Panzerlang
Posted
3 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Help me out here, what changes am I supposed to be seeing in the two above images?

I sure cannot tell the difference, at least on my monitor.

Same here, not a whit of difference to my eyes.

 

Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods.
AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods.
RTX 5090 GPU. No mods.
64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on.
Samsung SSD.

Monitor at 3840x2160.
Pimax Crystal Super.

MajorMagee
Posted

You can make the changes more noticeably AI enhanced through the various settings, but I prefer to keep things on the more subtle side.

Open them each on their own tab, and then switch between them and, at least on my monitor, it shows up as lighting changes on various surfaces similar to turning on indirect lighting in game.

For example, the upper portion of the note card has more contrast, and you can see into the shadows a bit better. Also some of the specular highlights are brought out more distinctly.

 

Service To The Line,

On The Line,

On Time!

9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz

Dash,Polder
Posted

Single play DLSS users may want to give this a shot, working foviated rendering.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...