Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

OreoBird_147
Posted

Landing at Suwon (K-13) after a successful early-morning intercept mission. Splashed one La-11 night fighter in the F-51D Mustang. I've really been enjoying the Stang in IL-2 Korea. I can't wait until the F4U-4 Corsair gets here!

JvKgo6w.png

hRbRzo4.png

  • Like 9

Also known as: Ghostrider 147

CPU: i5-13600k // GPU: RTX 4070 // MoBo: B760-PLUS // RAM: 32GB DDR5-6000 // Stick: VKB Gunfighter Mk. III with SCG grip // Throttle: VKB STECS Mini // Pedals: VKB T-Rudder Mk. V

Trooper117
Posted
4 hours ago, FAW_Tromplamort said:

2026_9_29__6_55_40.jpg

2026_9_29__7_7_3.jpg

Great skin that... That F-84 is on the front cover of one of my books, 'F-84 Thunderjet in action' by squadron signal publications... flown by Col Joe Davis Jr, 58th FBW.

FAW_Tromplamort
Posted
9 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Great skin that... That F-84 is on the front cover of one of my books, 'F-84 Thunderjet in action' by squadron signal publications... flown by Col Joe Davis Jr, 58th FBW.

We read the same books...😁

  • Upvote 1
Posted
1 hour ago, FAW_Tromplamort said:

We read the same books...😁

+1! :classic_biggrin:

  • Like 1
Posted

„Что главное в работе авиационного конструктора?“ Я отвечаю на это: „Умение мечтать!“

А.И. Микоян

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

  • Like 8

Intel i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz
128 GB RAM
16 GB VRAM NVIDIA RTX 2000 Ada Generation
1TB SSD MSI M390 hard drive

ATAG_Ezzie
Posted

Loaded this screenshot taken on Combat Box just now mainly to show what is possible with a 6 year old low end spec PC playing in non-VR mode.

I didnt think my PC would run Korea but gave it a shot and after fiddling with the graphic settings early-on I found a setting configuration that works for me. 

I realise I may be one DLC or patch away from tears but I have an upgrade plan in mind and I just need to go ahead and buy some stuff once my IT literate son has provided his recommendations.

My spec are below and I typically get 45 - 65 FPS in the in-game counter on Combat Box.  It drops for a few seconds when approaching a big city but for the most part it stays in this range.  In external view it goes up to 70+ depending on what the view is. 

I havent played career mode and it seems from some comments there may be a higher CPU load in that game mode.  Maybe I would have tears if/when i try that but I'm an MP flyer so am happy with what I'm getting now.

And I almost always get the VRAM low message - when it turns on after take-off varies.  Heavy cloud seems to activate it the soonest. But I typically only play 1 x sortie at a time so this issue clears when i log out of the game and is not an issue for me thus far (touch wood...).

GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 Super gaming 8C

CPU: i5 9600K 6 core 3.75 GHz

RAM: 32 GB DDR4

 

Hopefully this might assist low end spec PC players to consider giving it a go and hopefully be pleasantly surprised like I was/am....

Screenshot 2026-10-03 093014.png

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Posted

Yalu Express event earlier today2026_10_3__18_47_25.jpg.020a9ac5de0b9e41ca747612cd6d1644.jpg2026_10_3__18_57_6.jpg.5d302330170bc57e963e28e498431a22.jpg2026_10_3__18_57_45.jpg.8219be82f2c22429e2c59d74b0ff9fee.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9800X3D/5070Ti    IL-2 GB/FC/Korea

Posted (edited)

Very early morning sortie on COMBAT BOX:

B2y1db.jpg


iBeMGs.jpg


A7IfkP.jpg

Aussie Mustang skin by @E69_julian57

Edited by MiGCap
Wrong attribution of the skin artist, sorry!
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2
Posted

I'm enjoying the target type variety and weapon effects.. 1 x radar confirmed destroyed

 

 

Screenshot 2026-10-04 143747.png

Screenshot 2026-10-04 143835.png

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

AAA hit during career.

PUYXCXo.jpg

CeSYeld.jpg

A2WCUSD.jpg

yEY17I9.jpg

J6MhPQ5.jpg

B4AX7lI.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 3

Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).

Yoyosimsbanner-(1).gif

AEthelraedUnraed
Posted
On 10/4/2026 at 6:36 AM, MiGCap said:

Aussie Mustang skin by @AEthelraedUnraed

Thanks for the credits, but I think it's actually @E69_julian57's. Mine is without tail number and with a three-colour spinner 🙂

  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AEthelraedUnraed said:

Thanks for the credits, but I think it's actually @E69_julian57's. Mine is without tail number and with a three-colour spinner 🙂

Ah, right, sorry @E69_julian57!

I have downloaded both Aussie Mustang skins (and like both).

Corrected.

 

Edited by MiGCap
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Combat Box: Advance to the North, 1950

I was tasked to attack KPA troop concentrations near some town whose name escapes me. Intel advised there should be no air opposition (there was no red pilots on the server) and after a low level ingress to the target i popped up to visually acquire the target.

Screenshot 2026-10-05 181321.png

Screenshot 2026-10-05 181359.png

After acquiring the target I rolled in on the target and released my load of 2 napalm and 4 x 250s sequentially.  During the dive I was hit by AAA but was able to egress the target area.

Screenshot 2026-10-05 181432.png

Screenshot 2026-10-05 181505.png

My 4 x 250s landed slightly long however both napes impacted in the target area causing significant damage.

Screenshot 2026-10-05 181552.png

My aircraft was hit again and i had damage to my nose and a fire in my engine compartment.

Screenshot 2026-10-05 181628.png

  • Like 1
Posted

Screenshot 2026-10-05 181704.png

Screenshot 2026-10-05 181734.png

Around 1 minutes after egressing the target my engine flamed out and could not be restarted.  I then turned to the pre-briefed safe ejection zone - forward deployed UN forces operating inside NK territory - and trimmed the aircraft to maximise its glide distance. to reach these troops around 30-50 km away.

 

Once over these troops I ejected (its cool to watch the ejection sequence - the screen grabs don't do it justice) at several thousand feet.

Screenshot 2026-10-05 181807.png

Screenshot 2026-10-05 181840.png

Screenshot 2026-10-05 181909.png

Screenshot 2026-10-05 181937.png

  • Like 4
Posted

I got a good chute and floated safely to the ground. I unstrapped and immediately departed the area heading for the high ground to improve my chances of rescue (I think Combat Box has a feature where your chances of rescue are improved depending on where you/your pilot goes after landing on the ground.

Screenshot 2026-10-05 182001.png

Screenshot 2026-10-05 182032.png

Screenshot 2026-10-05 182101.png

After reaching high ground I was eventually rescued by a patrol from 3 RAR.

 

All in all a very satisfying sortie - even though there was only 2 players on the server - and it was good fun trying to get my damaged aircraft to the safe ejection area and then egress up the hill.  All it needed was a chopper to come and get me.....

Thanks Combat Box.

Screenshot 2026-10-05 182125.png

  • Like 4
Posted
On 9/27/2026 at 7:41 PM, BlitzPig_EL said:

Pros.png.6db57862a51e4da1c4d0fa21450ceb76.png

The BlitzPigs after a successful attack on a railway junction, Korea, 1952.

Triplets!  They need different looking helmets to tell them apart!

  • Haha 1

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core processor 3.6 GHz, 8 GB RAM; with AMD Radeon RX6600XT 8 GB VRAM.

Posted

Another wonderful skin from @FAW_Tromplamort: The "Li'l Dottie".

DhkVsM.jpg

Thank You very much for this excellent work! 🙏🙏🙏

  • Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...