Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

BoeingVertol
Posted (edited)

I had it stuck in my head she needed power on for approaches to avoid stalling out at the bottom.  Much easier to land since I got that sorted.  She still really like to roll though.

2026_8_10__2_49_2.jpeg.8ba6e5381a86a51df670bfb933e23309.jpeg

Edited by BoeingVertol

9800X3D/5070Ti    IL-2 GB/FC/Korea

FeuerFliegen
Posted (edited)

I wish we could get these final version tip tanks; they theoretically have the same benefits as the tip tanks on the F-84E.

 

 

Screenshot (522).png

 

 

 

Edited by FeuerFliegen
  • Like 4
Posted
On 8/13/2026 at 12:22 PM, FeuerFliegen said:

I wish we could get these final version tip tanks; they theoretically have the same benefits as the tip tanks on the F-84E.

I highly doubt these tanks were used during the Korean War. 

3 tip tanks types were fitted to the Shooting Star. The standard Lockheed, the Fletcher (along the Misawa modification) and another one often seen on RF-80 A and F-94.

The "normal" Fletcher tank is really missing in F-80's inventory as it was so often seen during the war.

Posted

I have a question related to the engine fitted to F-80 C-10.

In game we have the info that only the last 200 planes had the J 33-A-35 and the others had the A-23.

I'm still looking for infos about that. What I found is that the C-10 block only had the latest J 33 model.

 

FeuerFliegen
Posted
14 hours ago, Cahokia said:

I highly doubt these tanks were used during the Korean War. 

3 tip tanks types were fitted to the Shooting Star. The standard Lockheed, the Fletcher (along the Misawa modification) and another one often seen on RF-80 A and F-94.

The "normal" Fletcher tank is really missing in F-80's inventory as it was so often seen during the war.

 

I think you're right about them not being used.

 

When you say 3 tip tanks were used, do you mean in Korea?  or at all?  And when you say tip tanks, does that include the "under-tip" style like we have now?

Posted

Yes I mean during the Korean War and yes the three tanks were "under-tip" ones.

 

The model you've shown was also fitted to the F-94 B that flew during the Korean War. The first US all-weather fighter !

Posted

I've been using the F-80 a lot in career mode and sometimes take damage. Nothing strange there but later in the career I've found that the damage is nearly always the same - the right wingtip is damaged, destroying the wingtip fuel tank (if there) and causing control problems. I can complete the mission (with difficulty) and even land safely, yet this has become really annoying. Not the damage of course but the fact that it is always the same damage. It has become a bit repetitive and one of the best features of IL 2 Korea is the damage model.

I assume it is a bug. Either that or I am the unluckiest pilot in history! I can't say if this applies to other aircraft as I've been only using the F-80 in career. Has anyone else encountered this or is my F-80 just a bit weird?

  • Upvote 1
ComputerJones
Posted

I've only had that happen once, got shot off by flak after a rocket pass. I was able to limp it home, too. I came close another time, I fumbled firing the JATOs and almost ground looped it, and left a big crease in the right wing but was able to come back around and land it carefully without completely breaking it off.

Beyond that, the times I've been shot up in it usually end differently 🙂

Donauhans
Posted

F-80C-10 has 50 US.gal water tank. Given that the density of the US water-alcohol mixture is actually similar to that of water. F-80C actually has 417lb water. J33A-23 engine, which basically as same as J33A-35, can engage injection with 5lb/s water flow. 

 

In our game, F-80 only has 63s boost time, however 417÷5=83.4. she should have at least 83s boost time

j3UdzeC.jpg

Screenshot_20260820_194432_com.huawei.hwpreview_edit_66153051929137.jpg

Screenshot_20260820_074305_com.huawei.hwpreview_edit_51637378600299.jpg

to-1.pdf water injection.pdf

AndreiTomescu
Posted
On 8/21/2026 at 12:13 AM, zyzygy said:

Has anyone else encountered this or is my F-80 just a bit weird?

Since for the UN side only the Mustang and the P-80 are completed in their development (84 & 86 still need work) i have flown this 2 and the Mig exclusively. Havee been shot in every possible side, wing, tank, tail, surface, scenario and such. Even got shot in the propeller with the Mustang. The damage model is working fine and very good. I think you had some sort of weird coincidence, being shot several times in the same place. Really should ask these Chinese to be more creative. 🙂 

Oreoreeeoyeero! 

Posted

Why is there no possibility to load the F-80C with two 1000lb bombs and the Misawa tanks? This combination was well used in Korea.

Actually even missions were flown with four 1000lb bombs,  although only on targets not too distant.

  • Upvote 3
=FB=VikS
Posted
14 часов назад, MiGCap сказал:

Why is there no possibility to load the F-80C with two 1000lb bombs and the Misawa tanks? This combination was well used in Korea.

Actually even missions were flown with four 1000lb bombs,  although only on targets not too distant.


Hi!

image.png.57d565b2200bd8f08e98d8d180d85ee4.png

?

  • Thanks 1
Posted
42 minutes ago, =FB=VikS said:


Hi!

image.png.57d565b2200bd8f08e98d8d180d85ee4.png

?

Aaaaargh! 

I always looked at the default combination settings only! Never realized that I can choose single options for the pylons. 🙄

Thank You very much! 😄

AndreiTomescu
Posted

Yes, indeed, this is a great feature. you can mix everything you want as long as you take into account total weight and available pylons. 

Oreoreeeoyeero! 

antibiotik
Posted

Если сбросить полный ПТБ на скопление войск? 

14700kf,rtx 5070ti,sams 990 pro, ddr5 32, MOZA AB6\ MTP\ MRP\ 27'' 4K 240 Гц

  • 3 weeks later...
Bert_Foster
Posted

Weapon Pairs/Single/Salvo ??

The selection system seems very strange to me. Take the case you have 4 500lb bombs on board. The default is one bomb per pickle.

So I select (Lalt+S) this then gets 2 bombs away.... but the system then goes back into default single bomb per pickle. so to get the remaining 2 bombs away as a pair I have to again reselect (Lalt+S). This to me is silly if I have selected Pairs then the selection should remain pairs until the selection is changed.

Now what if I want to SALVO release all 4 bombs ... how can I do that ?

Posted
55 minutes ago, Bert_Foster said:

Weapon Pairs/Single/Salvo ??

The selection system seems very strange to me. Take the case you have 4 500lb bombs on board. The default is one bomb per pickle.

So I select (Lalt+S) this then gets 2 bombs away.... but the system then goes back into default single bomb per pickle. so to get the remaining 2 bombs away as a pair I have to again reselect (Lalt+S). This to me is silly if I have selected Pairs then the selection should remain pairs until the selection is changed.

Now what if I want to SALVO release all 4 bombs ... how can I do that ?

Yes, same with rockets it's a bug and will be fixed 

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

The fuel cut-off switch has this label...

F-80fuelcut-offswitch.jpg.0242a6b4feee3c55de75fdaaa51ae9d9.jpg

  • Upvote 1
Posted

Does the aileron booster do anything? I can't feel a difference between on or off.

Posted

I'm not sure whether this is an issue just relating to the F-80 or whether it's common to all aircraft, but in my F-80 career I have noticed that my aircraft is showing twice the number of kills I have actually achieved (8 as opposed to the 4 I have actually managed).

Has anyone else experienced this? 

Posted

Started flying the F80 tonight, couple questions.  Firstly, what is the name of the command for the pitch trim?  I tried everything and no control I found adjusted it.  I tried the elevator trim, elevator servo trim, and stab trim, and none of them have any effect on pitch.  What is the actual name of the control in key bindings for this jet?

JOCHEN HEIDEN, MAJ, USAF

Commander, 67th Fighter Bomber Squadron

Check out my Youtube Channel:  https://www.youtube.com/@jochenheiden

Join my Discord Server:  https://discord.gg/VVwpgrqNbd

Posted (edited)

Hold Right Control and Arrow up/down keys for pitch adjustment.  Elevator is what sets pitch.

Edited by BoeingVertol

9800X3D/5070Ti    IL-2 GB/FC/Korea

Posted
1 minute ago, BoeingVertol said:

Hold Right Control and Arrow up/down keys for pitch.

This won't work as I deleted all the stock commands when trying to assign new ones.  Can you tell me the name of the actual key binding itself in the mapping section?  

JOCHEN HEIDEN, MAJ, USAF

Commander, 67th Fighter Bomber Squadron

Check out my Youtube Channel:  https://www.youtube.com/@jochenheiden

Join my Discord Server:  https://discord.gg/VVwpgrqNbd

Posted

2026_10_6__14_40_14.jpg.b461a0e7a92f71bd4b91cbe3ac90a70c.jpg

9800X3D/5070Ti    IL-2 GB/FC/Korea

Posted

Thanks, this helps.  I'll try this mapping again, but when I tried it, nothing moved at all.  This same command works fine on the F-51D for example.  I'll try it.  Is there an elevator trim indicator in the cockpit of the F-80?

JOCHEN HEIDEN, MAJ, USAF

Commander, 67th Fighter Bomber Squadron

Check out my Youtube Channel:  https://www.youtube.com/@jochenheiden

Join my Discord Server:  https://discord.gg/VVwpgrqNbd

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...