FuriousMeow Posted August 14 Posted August 14 Sure, but he's arguing for some parity where there isn't any. The F51 pilot definitely could get a higher viewpoint than the Yak just because of canopy design. 2
Valis Posted August 15 Posted August 15 Canopy design should not be the sole arbiter of view limitations. An illustration of why this is a problem. The MiG-15 has a notoriously cramped cockpit. And yet here's me in a 6G turn, 'standing up', and enjoying a perfect view over the nose for a tracking shot... All thanks to the absence of realistic limits to the pilot's POV. In reality the G forces would be trying to bury me into the seat. I'd be lucky to see over the gunsight, never mind the nose of the aircraft. If somebody wants to argue that's realistic then please do don't 😄
Aapje Posted August 15 Posted August 15 It's a somewhat similar problem as with the joystick, where in reality, the control forces will get very heavy at high speeds and light with low speed, and that can only properly be replicated with a hardware solution on the side of the player (in that case FFB) that make it physically hard or impossible for the player to move it, that many players won't own, and if they do, probably won't be capable or set to realistic forces. So for that situation, they change the sensitivity of the joystick in game, which mimics the difficulty change in moving the stick, but not in an actually realistic way. For G-forces, you should be able to use a seat belt tensioner linked to Sim Racing Studio to force you to be pulled into the chair, although I've not seen anyone comment that they actually did this. In theory it would be possible to mimic this a bit in game as well by force the camera position to move to the chair and not allow you to move out of it. However, it seems to me that this is going to really mess with head tracking and VR (and probably make you sick in the latter). I also don't see how you can achieve a good gradual solution like with the joystick situation, so they'd probably have to implement some kind of abrupt solution that would be very unrealistic and weird. So I would argue that there is no realistic software solution for this. Note that a flight sim can never be completely realistic.
Valis Posted August 15 Posted August 15 12 minutes ago, Aapje said: However, it seems to me that this is going to really mess with head tracking and VR I disagree. I can't comment on VR out of ignorance, but as for head tracking - there are already limits to where the player can position their virtual head. The problem is the limits are incredibly lax, to the point of being able to stand up and look over the nose of the aircraft during high-G manoeuvres (as in the video). This could be fixed - dramatically limit the range of vertical adjustment allowable in-cockpit, especially when there are G forces involved.
Aapje Posted August 16 Posted August 16 Yes, there are limits, but they stay the same. If you make it G-dependent, then you get into situations where you are sitting forward, but then you get pushed back on screen or in the headset, despite not actually moving in real life. What then happens if the G's decrease again? Will the game automatically move you forward in the game, to match your physical position, or will you have to first move back and then forward again? It's just a mess and a main reason for motion sickness is exactly because what you see doesn't match what your inner ear feels. 1
FuriousMeow Posted August 16 Posted August 16 (edited) On 8/14/2026 at 8:53 PM, Valis said: Canopy design should not be the sole arbiter of view limitations. An illustration of why this is a problem. The MiG-15 has a notoriously cramped cockpit. And yet here's me in a 6G turn, 'standing up', and enjoying a perfect view over the nose for a tracking shot... All thanks to the absence of realistic limits to the pilot's POV. In reality the G forces would be trying to bury me into the seat. I'd be lucky to see over the gunsight, never mind the nose of the aircraft. If somebody wants to argue that's realistic then please do don't 😄 Nah, sorry. If you think the pilot can't find leverage to get a higher viewpoint, they wouldn't be able to hold onto the stick. This is a inch or two, not the "2 feet", or "standing up" exaggeration you use for some reason. Your assumptions are just wrong. You really should check out the head clearance with a pilot in the cockpit - its minimal. I'd say you're confusing a rocket launch by NASA to escape Earth's gravity but even then they can reach the various control panels. You keep using exaggeration though "2 feet," " standing up" when there's no such movement which is a huge indicator you have no idea. Plus the pilot physio model means that 'few inches' of over-the-nose shooting amounts to a greyout followed by a blackout in any scenario where you think the Gs are forcing the pilot into the seat and just along for the ride now and can't move. Edited August 16 by FuriousMeow
Valis Posted August 16 Posted August 16 11 hours ago, Aapje said: Yes, there are limits, but they stay the same. If you make it G-dependent, then you get into situations where you are sitting forward, but then you get pushed back on screen or in the headset, despite not actually moving in real life. What then happens if the G's decrease again? Will the game automatically move you forward in the game, to match your physical position, or will you have to first move back and then forward again? A dynamic viewpoint already exists in-game; when you go in to a turn your viewpoint will sink into the seat under positive G, and raise out of the seat under negative G (which is infinitely better than the head-nodding-up-and-down thing in GB). Plus the canopy puts limits on movement - I can reach for a coffee way across my desk yet the canopy still constrains where my in-game head moves. Dynamic POV are already here, but they could(should) be made more realistic.
FuriousMeow Posted August 19 Posted August 19 (edited) On 8/16/2026 at 1:22 AM, MiGCap said: You can't compare rocket launches with tight turns in jets: There You have Gz forces drawing Your blood and Your inner organs from the head to the toes, as You are sitting in Your ejection seat, but in a rocket the astronaut lies on its back and here You have Gx forces. The heart do not have to pump the blood all the way up to the head, as the body is in one level. I know. I'm not comparing G effects on the circulatory system but the musculoskeletal. On 8/16/2026 at 9:24 AM, Valis said: The point I'm arguing has nothing to do with the grey/blackout simulation - I'll take your word if you think it's accurate, but it's not what's being argued. Then tell me how a pilot during a 6G turn can magically grow in height - because he's not getting out of the seat. I can re-do the video and show the exact same thing at 7G, at 8G, at 9G....etc At what point do you say 'No, a pilot probably couldn't do that' - 10G? 11G? Where is your limit? Because in-game right now there is no limit. Yeah, there is a limit - the physio model that causes vision loss and blackout. You could, to use an exaggeration you love, 20 feet out of the cockpit and it won't matter when you can't see. Pilots don't turn into aviator stew in their seats under Gs. Edited August 19 by FuriousMeow 1
MiGCap Posted September 30 Posted September 30 After the update the numbers on the Yak-9P are on the wrong place, on the fuselage instead of the tail: 2
MiGCap Posted September 30 Posted September 30 I tested it in the Fly now/Practice mission. The numbers were in the wrong place (see above). Then I looked into the "Guards Taejon" campaign and everything was okay (see below) while in the practice mission the numbers still were on the fuselage. I have no explanation.
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 30 1C Game Studios Posted September 30 4 hours ago, MiGCap said: After the update the numbers on the Yak-9P are on the wrong place, on the fuselage instead of the tail: Probably a one-off bug, because I can't reproduce it. 🤷♂️ 1
Valis Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) I got the same in the fly-now practice mission.... ....and the fly-now combat mission, too. I checked the four Exam missions and they are fine, and it doesn't seem to happen in Task Editor missions (the ones I've played, anyway). Edited September 30 by Valis 1
MiGCap Posted September 30 Posted September 30 I use the Fly now/Practice mission for fast checks of new skins and ran into this bug when I tested the Chinese custom skin for the Yak. Will avoid this mission in the future. 😄 Thank You both, @Valis and @LukeFF!
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 30 1C Game Studios Posted September 30 Thanks, will report. 1
Husar Posted Monday at 09:43 PM Posted Monday at 09:43 PM Landing light doesn't look good compare to other light sources. Color banding - like 8 bit graphics.
Talisman Posted Tuesday at 01:55 PM Posted Tuesday at 01:55 PM (edited) I just wanted to say what a beautiful job I think the developers have done on the Yak. 😍 I fly in VR with a force feedback joystick, a HF8 haptic seat and haptic earphones and I must say that the Yak is an absolute joy to fly and fight in. As a pure fighter, it is a classic highly maneuerable stick and rudder aircraft that is great to fly and throw around the sky. Sitting in the cockpit is like being in a classic old sports car; low down and snug. It is very atmospheric! The original default VR pilot postition for me was unrealistically too far to the rear, so I have customised the pilot position a little forward and a little down (to deconflict with the top of the cockpit canopy) and it is now perfect. Plus, I have to say that being able to adjust/tilt the rear view mirror is a master stroke by the developers. 🤩 Starting the engine and feeling the cockpit vibrations fills me with anticipation of the flight to come and the FFB and sounds are great! I also think the developers have done a fabulous job with the cockpit visuals and the flight modelling. I highly recommend going on the hunt in the Yak and I intend to spend more time doing just that in MP. I found the gunnery a little harder than in some other aircraft, but once I got used to optimising the maneuverability of the Yak to get in the best position for a shot I improved my success rate. Nice one devs. 👍 Happy landings, Talisman Edited Tuesday at 01:56 PM by Talisman 3 1 2
Husar Posted Wednesday at 07:33 AM Posted Wednesday at 07:33 AM @Talisman there is nice scripted campaign for Yak9P 1
Sashka13 Posted Wednesday at 04:09 PM Posted Wednesday at 04:09 PM 06.10.2026 в 16:55, Talisman сказал: ... Возможно ли заполучить от тебя игровой трек с записью взлёта на Яке? А также настройки кривых отклика для осей джойстика и какой джойстик используешь? Is it possible to get a replay track from you showing a takeoff in the Yak? Also, could you share your joystick axis response curve settings and let me know which joystick you use? AMD Ryzen 7 9800x3D, AMD Radeon RX9060 XT 16Gb, оперативка 32Gb.
Talisman Posted Thursday at 12:53 PM Posted Thursday at 12:53 PM (edited) 20 hours ago, Sashka13 said: Возможно ли заполучить от тебя игровой трек с записью взлёта на Яке? А также настройки кривых отклика для осей джойстика и какой джойстик используешь? Is it possible to get a replay track from you showing a takeoff in the Yak? Also, could you share your joystick axis response curve settings and let me know which joystick you use? Hi Sashka13, I have never made any tracks and I have no idea how to post a film on social media. However, I would be happy to meet up on a MP server some time and use the official 1CGS IL2 Team Speak 3 for communications. My joystick settings are as follows: Pitch & Roll: Built-in Response Curve = Built-in Adaptive Curve. Control Surface Loading = Proportional Stick Travel. Exponent, Dead Zone Centre, DZ Edges and Centre Offset are all set to Zero. Yaw: Built-in Response Curve = Built-in Adaptive Curve. Control Surface Loading = Proportional Stick Travel. Exponent = Zero. Dead Zone Centre = 8. Dead Zone Edges = Zero. The joystick I use is the MSFFB2, which I have centre mounted. Hope that helps. Happy landings, Talisman P.S. I have MFG Crosswind rudder pedals. Edited Thursday at 12:56 PM by Talisman 1
Sashka13 Posted Thursday at 02:16 PM Posted Thursday at 02:16 PM 50 минут назад, Talisman сказал: Hi Sashka13, Привет Талисман! Видео записывать не надо, в самой игре есть функция записи полёта, назначается в настройках управления. Запись полёта сохраняется в директории игры в папке Tracks. Одна запись состоит из двух файлов с одинаковым именем. Вот они и нужны для того чтобы скачав и разместив их у себя в такой же папке я мог посмотреть твой вылет. Запись самого полёта можно посмотреть только в самой игре, причём даже снаружи со стороны и т.п. Вот посмотри как я оформил то о чём просил тебя в данной теме: Hi Talisman! You don't need to record a video; the game itself has a flight recording function that can be assigned in the control settings. The recording is saved in the game's directory, specifically in the "Tracks" folder. A single recording consists of two files with the same name. I need those files so that I can place them in the corresponding folder on my end and watch your flight. The recording can only be viewed within the game itself—and you can even watch it from external angles, and so on. Take a look at how I formatted the request I made to you in this thread: Ну а по поводу Team Speak 3, я к сожалению не владею английским языком, здесь на форуме я использую гугл переводчик. As for TeamSpeak 3, unfortunately, I don't speak English; I use Google Translate here on the forum. С уважением Сашка13! AMD Ryzen 7 9800x3D, AMD Radeon RX9060 XT 16Gb, оперативка 32Gb.
Talisman Posted 15 hours ago Posted 15 hours ago (edited) 19 hours ago, Sashka13 said: Привет Талисман! Видео записывать не надо, в самой игре есть функция записи полёта, назначается в настройках управления. Запись полёта сохраняется в директории игры в папке Tracks. Одна запись состоит из двух файлов с одинаковым именем. Вот они и нужны для того чтобы скачав и разместив их у себя в такой же папке я мог посмотреть твой вылет. Запись самого полёта можно посмотреть только в самой игре, причём даже снаружи со стороны и т.п. Вот посмотри как я оформил то о чём просил тебя в данной теме: Hi Talisman! You don't need to record a video; the game itself has a flight recording function that can be assigned in the control settings. The recording is saved in the game's directory, specifically in the "Tracks" folder. A single recording consists of two files with the same name. I need those files so that I can place them in the corresponding folder on my end and watch your flight. The recording can only be viewed within the game itself—and you can even watch it from external angles, and so on. Take a look at how I formatted the request I made to you in this thread: Ну а по поводу Team Speak 3, я к сожалению не владею английским языком, здесь на форуме я использую гугл переводчик. As for TeamSpeak 3, unfortunately, I don't speak English; I use Google Translate here on the forum. С уважением Сашка13! Ok Sashka13, I will see what I can do and try and make a track this afternoon. Happy landings, Talisman P.S. I am using built-in adaptive curve and proportional stick travel because I am not using a longer joystick extension. If you are using a longer joystick extension, I expect you will be using a different setting to mine. Edited 15 hours ago by Talisman 1
Talisman Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago (edited) Hi Sashka13, I have tried but track is over 5mb and I can't upload it in this forum. Sorry. Happy landings, Talisman P.S. Just tried a zip file thing (see below). Hope that works. Free Flight.2026-10-09_17-46-34_00.zip Edited 7 hours ago by Talisman 1
Sashka13 Posted 6 hours ago Posted 6 hours ago 1 час назад, Talisman сказал: Hi Sashka13, I have tried but track is over 5mb and I can't upload it in this forum. Sorry. Happy landings, Talisman Привет Талисман! На форуме публикуют только ссылку на сами файлы. Ладно не заморачивайся, раз не знаешь как это делается. Спасибо за уделённое мне внимание! Сашка13! Hi Talisman! They only post the link to the actual files on the forum. Anyway, don't worry about it since you don't know how it's done. Thanks for your time! Sashka13! AMD Ryzen 7 9800x3D, AMD Radeon RX9060 XT 16Gb, оперативка 32Gb.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now