Kane Posted September 27 Posted September 27 15 часов назад, VISHNU сказал: Korea is unplayable for me. I get up to 70fps in GB and 20-30fps in Korea. It sucks and until I can afford upgrading my computer, I guess it’ll sit stagnant on my HD. Had the same problem - constant 72 fps in GB, 35-55 fps in Korea. Try the guide by YoYo, it really helped me a lot 2
Talisman Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) Please bring back ULTRA for vr users. My VR experience is now a poor backward step made worse by the latest update v 1.004 😞 I now feel like giving up on this combat flight simulation for a while in the hope that it might be improved in due course. Very disappointed. Edited September 30 by Talisman 5
Picchio Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) 12 hours ago, Talisman said: Please bring back ULTRA for vr users. My VR experience is now a poor backward step made worse by the latest update v 1.004 😞 I now feel like giving up on this combat flight simulation for a while in the hope that it might be improved in due course. Very disappointed. Aren't individual graphics options available anymore? Edited October 1 by Picchio
YoYo Posted September 30 Posted September 30 48 minutes ago, Picchio said: Aren't individual graphics options not available anymore? VR optimalized, Balanced and Low. Currently, there are no others. 1 Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Picchio Posted September 30 Posted September 30 1 hour ago, YoYo said: VR optimalized, Balanced and Low. Currently, there are no others. No, I mean: are the usual graphics options still there or have they been replaced entirely by presets?
YoYo Posted September 30 Posted September 30 9 minutes ago, Picchio said: No, I mean: are the usual graphics options still there or have they been replaced entirely by presets? Yes, the rest is the same as before; you can adjust the remaining settings however you like. Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Jade_Monkey Posted September 30 Posted September 30 1 hour ago, Picchio said: No, I mean: are the usual graphics options still there or have they been replaced entirely by presets? The rest are there. But IL2 Korea is providing very limited options. Not sure why they don't let us tweak and optimize our experience by locking it mostly behind presets. AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 32 GB DDR4 | nVME SSD | VR headset: Pimax Dream Air SLAM
Quax Posted October 1 Posted October 1 I gave up on VR in IL2 GB because of the head banging with invisibles walls in the cockpit. I got sick immediately. How is that in Korea? Did they fix it? Or are they still obsessed with cheating in multiplayer, although nobody is online?
Husar Posted October 1 Posted October 1 (edited) 28 minutes ago, Quax said: I gave up on VR in IL2 GB because of the head banging with invisibles walls in the cockpit. I got sick immediately. How is that in Korea? Did they fix it? Or are they still obsessed with cheating in multiplayer, although nobody is online? This head-banging effect is really bad. I only experience it on multiplayer servers where free head movement is restricted. In single-player, with the “Restrict VR head movement” option turned off, it’s fine. IMO, the multiplayer restriction is implemented very poorly. Other sims handle this correctly: you can’t stick your head outside the canopy, but your head movement isn’t artificially restricted while you’re inside the cockpit. Edited October 1 by Husar 1
sandmarken Posted October 1 Posted October 1 Now I get much worse frame drops than ever, especially in Frontlines. Was this update not supposed to fix issues? I hope the devs bring back the option to set the graphics, I had a much better experience with high setting than with VR optimized. 4
YoYo Posted October 1 Posted October 1 5 hours ago, sandmarken said: Now I get much worse frame drops than ever, especially in Frontlines. Was this update not supposed to fix issues? I hope the devs bring back the option to set the graphics, I had a much better experience with high setting than with VR optimized. In my opinion, some things have been improved, and attacking vehicle columns feels smoother to me. However, I ran into an issue yesterday while flying a mission to strike a railway station and a train in my career in VR: my frame rate dropped from 72 to 30 the moment I released my bombs (we’re also still losing too many frames to bomb explosion effects, especially with multiple bombs or napalm). There was also some artillery and about six AAA units, and unfortunately, the performance turned into a slideshow. It wasn't a pleasant experience. The 1CGS team still has a lot of work ahead of them. The simulator still requires work regarding VR optimization. The matter is certainly not closed, although some improvements are noticeable following patch 1.004. 8 Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
OAE Posted October 1 Posted October 1 DLAA + 120 Hz works surprisingly best on my system. On paper, this combination shouldn't necessarily be better. DLAA is demanding, 120 Hz requires more frequent frame delivery, and many VR users prefer lower refresh rates with higher FPS and traditional anti-aliasing. But IL-2 Korea seems to have a significant CPU-side workload, especially over cities and areas with lots of objects. On my RTX 5080 / Ryzen 7 5800X3D system, I suspect that simply lowering the graphics load with DLSS doesn't always solve the real bottleneck. With DLAA, I get a much cleaner and more stable image. And at 120 Hz, motion feels smoother, even though the actual FPS is lower. The higher refresh rate doesn't create extra game frames, but it gives the headset a more frequent display cadence. When frame pacing and reprojection work well, that can make motion feel more fluid. My impression is that the combination reduces visual instability and judder, rather than increasing raw performance. This may not work for every system or every situation, but for my Pimax Crystal Light and RTX 5080, it currently gives me the best balance of image quality and smoothness 1 Pimax Crystal Light, RTX 5080, 5800X3D, 64GB
YoYo Posted October 1 Posted October 1 Give FSR AA a try; I’ve really come to like that mode lately, it looks similar to DLAA but is less resource intensive. 1 Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
sandmarken Posted October 1 Posted October 1 (edited) 2 hours ago, YoYo said: In my opinion, some things have been improved, and attacking vehicle columns feels smoother to me. However, I ran into an issue yesterday while flying a mission to strike a railway station and a train in my career in VR: my frame rate dropped from 72 to 30 the moment I released my bombs (we’re also still losing too many frames to bomb explosion effects, especially with multiple bombs or napalm). There was also some artillery and about six AAA units, and unfortunately, the performance turned into a slideshow. It wasn't a pleasant experience. The 1CGS team still has a lot of work ahead of them. The simulator still requires work regarding VR optimization. The matter is certainly not closed, although some improvements are noticeable following patch 1.004. I have made several missions i planed to release as a campaign at some point, so i had a good way to test identical setups. The framerate drops significantly every time a bomb or rocket is dropped. Even when i shoot my guns the frame drops. This was no issue before update. Now the game also looks alot more blurry! I might have had better frames at airfields in career mode. Not in my missions. And not in any when im over targets of any kind. Edited October 1 by sandmarken
YoYo Posted October 1 Posted October 1 (edited) 2 hours ago, sandmarken said: Now the game also looks alot more blurry! That’s actually down to using the "VR Optimized" preset, which is designed to sharpen only the nearest textures, leaving the more distant ones blurrier. I used to use the "High" setting, which gave me pretty good sharpness. A likely advantage of the current approach is that you don't really notice the isolated blurry textures of some areas that used to pop up; now, everything in the distance is simply blurred ;). Balanced mode gives you slightly better sharpness on distant textures but renders objects at a shorter range; this makes things like semi-transparent trees on mountain peaks more noticeable, which doesn't look very good at least to me, though you do get sharper textures at greater distances. Edited October 1 by YoYo 1 Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
sandmarken Posted October 1 Posted October 1 35 minutes ago, YoYo said: That’s actually down to using the "VR Optimized" preset, which is designed to sharpen only the nearest textures, leaving the more distant ones blurrier. I used to use the "High" setting, which gave me pretty good sharpness. A likely advantage of the current approach is that you don't really notice the isolated blurry textures of some areas that used to pop up; now, everything in the distance is simply blurred ;). Ah thx that explain it then! Well then i hope the devs will let us choose high again. I was after alot of tweaks getting good enough performance to enjoy the game, that was before the update.
GiftGruen Posted October 1 Posted October 1 Guys, at least if you own a modern Nvidia GPU, check the ‚Cheeky Foveated DLSS‘ thread. This is a gamechanger for VR and Korea. I am absolutely freaked right now. Fluid. Stutterfree. Clear. Another game. 1 Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea
YoYo Posted October 1 Posted October 1 (edited) 13 minutes ago, GiftGruen said: Guys, at least if you own a modern Nvidia GPU, check the ‚Cheeky Foveated DLSS‘ thread. This is a gamechanger for VR and Korea. I am absolutely freaked right now. Fluid. Stutterfree. Clear. Another game. Right, but as I understand it, that requires enabling DLSS, which I don't like for a number of reasons. For those interested: https://github.com/ClarkCheekyKent/CheekyFoveatedDLSS Edited October 1 by YoYo Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
GiftGruen Posted October 1 Posted October 1 Yes, Yoyo. I also always was on the MSAA side. Until today. 1 Rig - RTX5090 + i5-14600KF + Pimax Dream Air Content - Flying Circus 1-4 + IL2-BoX ( all sceneries ) + IL2-Korea
JG4_Moltke71 Posted October 1 Posted October 1 48 minutes ago, GiftGruen said: Yes, Yoyo. I also always was on the MSAA side. Until today. Thanks for the advice, I’ll give it a try ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset
Husar Posted October 1 Posted October 1 (edited) New stuff for you guys to test — frame generation in VR, with no reprojection. https://github.com/djules75/OFXR-Bridge Edited October 1 by Husar
Panzerlang Posted October 1 Posted October 1 48 minutes ago, Husar said: New stuff for you guys to test — frame generation in VR, with no reprojection. https://github.com/djules75/OFXR-Bridge Ooer. 😁 Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods. AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods. RTX 5090 GPU. No mods. 64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on. Samsung SSD. Monitor at 3840x2160. Pimax Crystal Super.
Panzerlang Posted October 2 Posted October 2 1 hour ago, Husar said: New stuff for you guys to test — frame generation in VR, with no reprojection. https://github.com/djules75/OFXR-Bridge Tried it. It does significantly improve smoothness low over Seoul but it crashed my OG Crystal within a couple of minutes. Its own FPS counter showed a solid 90 but for some reason makes the game's and Cheeky's counters show 45. Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods. AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods. RTX 5090 GPU. No mods. 64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on. Samsung SSD. Monitor at 3840x2160. Pimax Crystal Super.
YoYo Posted October 2 Posted October 2 4 hours ago, Panzerlang said: Tried it. It does significantly improve smoothness low over Seoul but it crashed my OG Crystal within a couple of minutes. Its own FPS counter showed a solid 90 but for some reason makes the game's and Cheeky's counters show 45. And what about artifacts? For example, during a dogfight with another fighter? Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
AndreiTomescu Posted October 2 Posted October 2 I'm a monitor guy, but I hear and suffer along with Sandmarken's pain, and also suffer because of his future campaign getting delayed due to this issues. What I'm wondering is: - is it ok for a game designed for VR to require sooooo much headache for the users, and such much search for third party solutions? - shouldn't the game provide propper settings from the beginning, without dozens of variables and variants and endless attempts? - is VR actually a Star Trek territory? Something experimental? Well, this really keeps me away from VR from now. 1 Oreoreeeoyeero!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now