67thFBS_Heiden Posted Monday at 05:30 AM Posted Monday at 05:30 AM I had an absolute blast on the Combat Box server tonight! I know in time, this game will grow in popularity and we'll get people here! 1 JOCHEN HEIDEN, MAJ, USAF Commander, 67th Fighter Bomber Squadron Check out my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@jochenheiden Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VVwpgrqNbd
Panzerlang Posted Tuesday at 04:08 AM Posted Tuesday at 04:08 AM I'm a little non-plussed that the blues are getting five more planes, reds none. I know the reds didn't have much but there IS the Tu. Couldn't the blues have been planned for a couple less and the reds get the Tu? Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods. AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods. RTX 5090 GPU. No mods. 64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on. Samsung SSD. Monitor at 3840x2160. Pimax Crystal Super.
Dash,Polder Posted Tuesday at 04:12 AM Posted Tuesday at 04:12 AM 2 minutes ago, Panzerlang said: I'm a little non-plussed that the blues are getting five more planes, reds none. I know the reds didn't have much but there IS the Tu. Couldn't the blues have been planned for a couple less and the reds get the Tu? We need to go three way, Navy vs Air Force vs Com Block, now that would be fun. 1
Husar Posted Tuesday at 07:05 AM Posted Tuesday at 07:05 AM I believe that for multiplayer, we need more Red aircraft that are historically time-appropriate, even if they weren’t necessarily used during the Korean War.
67thFBS_Heiden Posted Tuesday at 02:33 PM Posted Tuesday at 02:33 PM 7 hours ago, Husar said: I believe that for multiplayer, we need more Red aircraft that are historically time-appropriate, even if they weren’t necessarily used during the Korean War. I completely agree with this. If we stick purely to historical accuracy the Red force will be left in the dust with nothing to fly. The Allies had a lot of cool planes but we need to dangle a carrot for the other side or they won't fly. This is making me want to learn the MiG-15 so I can start putting up a fight on the other side. JOCHEN HEIDEN, MAJ, USAF Commander, 67th Fighter Bomber Squadron Check out my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@jochenheiden Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VVwpgrqNbd
YoYo Posted yesterday at 05:47 AM Posted yesterday at 05:47 AM I dabbled a bit in multiplayer but have simply put it aside for now. This is due to VR optimization issues and the fact that I have to lower my graphics settings significantly to get reasonably smooth gameplay (even though multiplayer is actually less demanding than the single-player career). While in IL-2 GB I feel on par with 2D players in terms of graphics and fluidity, in IL-2 Korea, the need to lower graphics settings makes a VR player an easy target for someone playing on a 2D screen. The playing field isn't level between 2D and VR in this regard, so I’ve given up on multiplayer—at least for the time being. I’ll gladly return once VR performance improves by 1CGS Team. I imagine many others likely share this view and are waiting for a "better future" for the title. Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Fabry_ASW19 Posted yesterday at 12:38 PM Posted yesterday at 12:38 PM YoYo a VR player will always be at a disadvantage as far as spotting goes, it's evidentin all sims, use it at your advantage and team up with a 2d wingman. Despite latest 1.004b damage to VR user, the MP for Korea is small but great, just find the right wingman there's no reason to give up. I'm sure 1C will take appropriate actions to improve things. 1
YoYo Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago 17 hours ago, Fabry_ASW19 said: YoYo a VR player will always be at a disadvantage as far as spotting goes, it's evidentin all sims, use it at your advantage and team up with a 2d wingman. Despite latest 1.004b damage to VR user, the MP for Korea is small but great, just find the right wingman there's no reason to give up. I'm sure 1C will take appropriate actions to improve things. I’m not talking about "spotting dots," but rather the simulator's overall performance, which simply discourages smooth gameplay. During air-to-ground attacks on Combat Box, I also notice some stuttering that really detracts from the enjoyment. As for spotting enemies, that part is fine, and I don't entirely agree that VR is at a disadvantage. For instance, I can spot an enemy much faster in VR than a friend of mine using a 4K 2D monitor, both in IL-2 GB and DCS. My pixel is simply bigger :). So, there is room for debate on this subject... Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Whittle Posted 9 hours ago Posted 9 hours ago 20 hours ago, Fabry_ASW19 said: YoYo a VR player will always be at a disadvantage as far as spotting goes, it's evidentin all sims, use it at your advantage and team up with a 2d wingman. Despite latest 1.004b damage to VR user, the MP for Korea is small but great, just find the right wingman there's no reason to give up. I'm sure 1C will take appropriate actions to improve things. This was the case with GB, but wasn't my experience with Korea prior to 1.004. I use a monitor and fly with VR users.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now