Viking1 Posted September 14 Posted September 14 (edited) So if I add a media trigger and play an image, no problem. But if I add a trigger and play an audio file, when I get into the sim I can't use PAUSE or TIME compression. Anyone know if this has been reported? Edited September 14 by Viking1 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Vendigo Posted September 14 Posted September 14 41 minutes ago, Viking1 said: So if I add a media trigger and play an image, no problem. But if I add a trigger and play an audio file, when I get into the sim I can't use PAUSE or TIME compression. Anyone know if this has been reported? You must apply STOP MEDIA after your audio file is played then the time compression will be enabled again. 1 My single player campaigns: "Fortress Stalingrad" "Hunter in the snow" "Battlefield Kerch" "Ruspoli at the gates of Odesa"
Viking1 Posted September 14 Author Posted September 14 (edited) thanks, do I link the target through event properties of the Media Operator-- target being the play video media -- or just link the Stop Media via a Begin and TImer? Or both? Jims manual is pretty vague on this one. Edited September 14 by Viking1 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
AEthelraedUnraed Posted September 14 Posted September 14 22 minutes ago, Viking1 said: thanks, do I link the target through event properties of the Media Operator-- target being the play video media -- or just link the Stop Media via a Begin and TImer? Or both? Jims manual is pretty vague on this one. Depends on what you want. If you want the audio to stop after X amount of time, use a Timer. If you want the audio to stop after it has finished playing, use an Event. In the first image, you've got the link backwards though. The OnMediaStopped event of the audio player should link to the Stop Media command, not the other way around.
Vendigo Posted September 14 Posted September 14 (edited) Here's an example from one of my missions - PLAYSOUND is a short audio file about 3.5 sec long, and I apply STOPMEDIA 4 seconds after the audio starts playing, hence I have the "time compression" activated again 0.5 seconds after my audio plays. PS "Stop" is STOPMEDIA (the screenshot is too small, sorry, but you can get my idea). Edited September 14 by Vendigo My single player campaigns: "Fortress Stalingrad" "Hunter in the snow" "Battlefield Kerch" "Ruspoli at the gates of Odesa"
Viking1 Posted September 14 Author Posted September 14 (edited) 47 minutes ago, AEthelraedUnraed said: In the first image, you've got the link backwards though. The OnMediaStopped event of the audio player should link to the Stop Media command, not the other way around. Hmm. SO I deleted the STOPMEDIA and added it back.. tried to link it the other way -- neither the target link nor object link will stick going the other way. Ah, I see. I have to go thru the EVENT dialogue then it links... thanks.. Edited September 14 by Viking1 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Viking1 Posted September 14 Author Posted September 14 (edited) Well my images and audio play fine.. but even with the STOPMEDIA I cant get the PAUSE and TIME compression functions to work... I might have to leave Harry Trumans speech out of this one.. all 70 seconds.. Edited September 14 by Viking1 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Vendigo Posted September 14 Posted September 14 You can't pause the game while the media (audio file) is being played. As soon as audio starts playing, the time compression becomes unavailable, and if you want to enable the time compression again, you must apply STOPMEDIA. My single player campaigns: "Fortress Stalingrad" "Hunter in the snow" "Battlefield Kerch" "Ruspoli at the gates of Odesa"
Viking1 Posted September 14 Author Posted September 14 (edited) Yah understood . But thats odd. My games shows PAUSE while the audio is playing. The audio finishes, I'm into the game, still PAUSED I hit Unpause and then I cant PAUSE or use TIME comp. Edited September 14 by Viking1 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
AEthelraedUnraed Posted September 14 Posted September 14 48 minutes ago, Viking1 said: Well my images and audio play fine.. but even with the STOPMEDIA I cant get the PAUSE and TIME compression functions to work... I might have to leave Harry Trumans speech out of this one.. all 70 seconds.. Apologies, I did some testing and the OnMediaStopped event doesn't work with Play Sound. It should work with the Command:PlaySound MCU but that's a whole different (and more complicated) setup. For your usecase I recommend to use a Translator:Media set to "Stop Media", in the exact setup Vendigo shows. I'm 100% certain that works. If it doesn't, can you show your current setup including how the two Translator:Media MCUs are configured?
Viking1 Posted September 14 Author Posted September 14 Pretty sure I tried Vendigos setup also.. but I'll give it another go this afternoon. If still does not function, I'll lay out in detail the configuration I'm using. Functionally its a little complex, but the coding shoudl be no different. 1. An image pops up - set for 60 seconds 2. a second image pops up - set for 20 seconds 3. SImultaneously an MP3 file is playing for 80 seconds then I'm invoking the STOPMEDIA. In this case I'll aim for 92 seconds and see what happens appreciate your help guys. If no go this time I'll lay out the triggers etc in detail Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Viking1 Posted September 14 Author Posted September 14 Heres the links and setup.. Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Jaegermeister Posted September 15 Posted September 15 You have to leave at least 3 seconds from mission start before you assign any MCUs to trigger. All missions pause within the first 2 seconds of starting. This delay is to allow the mission objects and scenery to load. If you set your timers to 3 seconds, they will fire right after you unpause the mission. Anything triggered before the 2 seconds is up will be stopped by the hard coded pause, but you already found that out. 1 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Viking1 Posted September 15 Author Posted September 15 (edited) Ill reset them to 3. In a sequence like I am running.. 2 images with an audio file .. is there a rule of thumb for spacing? Instead of 3, 3, 3 should I do 3, 4, 5 for the timers? Edited September 15 by Viking1 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
AEthelraedUnraed Posted September 15 Posted September 15 (edited) 3 hours ago, Viking1 said: Ill reset them to 3. In a sequence like I am running.. 2 images with an audio file .. is there a rule of thumb for spacing? Instead of 3, 3, 3 should I do 3, 4, 5 for the timers? No that should be fine. I notice two things though: - You show two images simultaneously. That's not possible. The 2nd timer should be 75+3=78s. - The 3rd Media MCU from the left shows "video". It should be set to Play Sound. I think Jaeger is correct. The sound is already playing before the mission starts and before the pause is forced by the game code. That might indeed lead to strange errors. Maybe even make the final timer 4s, and then show the 1st image for 76s to compensate. Edited September 15 by AEthelraedUnraed
Jaegermeister Posted September 15 Posted September 15 17 hours ago, Viking1 said: 1. An image pops up - set for 60 seconds 2. a second image pops up - set for 20 seconds 3. SImultaneously an MP3 file is playing for 80 seconds then I'm invoking the STOPMEDIA. From your original list above, you would need something more like this; Your timing on the images is set in the advanced properties of the media translator. Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Viking1 Posted September 15 Author Posted September 15 (edited) And THAT works perfectly. Now I have a template to use for media in other missions AND I now understand the logic the game is using. Harry Truman thanks you and I thank you! This morning I was learning how to use icons and my front line is now on the map along with the drop zone. I tried to integrate a MUTE trigger in the same flow you see at right but it would not fire. Placed it on its own sequence and works fine. Now Truman isn't drowned out by the P51 with the game running in the background. Edited September 16 by Viking1 1 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now