Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

FuriousMeow
Posted

Yeah, that's what I was referring to I just didn't have anything non-dev to test. So that works, but not ideal. 

actionhank
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Panthercules said:

RoF was a long time ago, but I did thousands of skins for RoF so I know for sure you could include a preview picture for your custom skins and if you included them they would be displayed (but you had to put them in yourself, e.g., using JSGME, so I suspect not very many folks bothered to do so):

RoFskinpreviewpictureexample.jpg.d89c2f7a547b41fbd77b48391d93c498.jpg

I remembered seeing preview pictures in GB/FC, but I checked and you are correct that apparently it was only for the official skins, not for custom skins.

Too bad - it wasn't really hard (for the player) to do in RoF and it would be nice if the devs would include something like it for Korea (and GB/FC for that matter, though not likely at this point).

 

Honestly, I would love it if the Devs could somehow create a system where we could put the texture file and reflectivity file in a folder with a thumbnail image that would be a certain predefined size file and then you could create some text file that the game could read for user skins that would let it show up the same way they do for the in-game skins.

This would accomplish two things: 1. Making it way easier to keep your skins organized and 2. Making user skins easier to use in the game.

Something like the description.lua file they have for DCS skins would be really helpful. It could be a single file like this with the 4 files inside, and then just some little txt file to describe things and then once you get in game and look for the skin, you could see the thumbnail image and the plane showing up as RoKAF - Late War.
image.png.a38eb85b18541901b8798b289078fd22.png

Edited by actionhank
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 9/12/2026 at 1:42 PM, J37_Spyboy said:

Can we use Haluters Skin Downloader as a distribution medium, it works very well forIL2- GB

HSD v2 works for Korea ....  just enter korea in the search bar.

(and buy Haluter some coffee for all his hard work when you use it!)

Edited by JollyJack

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...