Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

  • 1C Game Studios
Posted

We value our players' creativity and are always excited to see the work you create.

That is why we have prepared official livery templates for all eight flyable aircraft featured in Korea. IL-2 Series!

Choose your favorite aircraft, download the template, and create your own custom livery:

https://media.il2-korea.com/livery

livrei_en.jpg.465563621ebf75c9edf829b71784eee9.jpg

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 11
Dash,Polder
Posted

Nice, thanks Luke, can't wait to see some of the beauties this crowd comes up with.

Posted

Woohoo!🥳 

CPU: Intel Core Ultra 9 285K
MB: Alienware 0552X32 PCI-E 5.0
RAM: DDR5 3600 MHz 32GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090 32GB
SSD: 2TB NVMe M.2 Gen5
VR: Pimax Crystal Super Ultra Wide

VP Rhino FFB, TM F/A-18 grip with VKB Gunfighter adapter and 10 cm extension - WinWing Super Taurus F/A-18 base and startup panel - TM F-16 Viper TQS - VKB GNX THQ with WWII Throttle Grip - Slaw RX Viper V3 - WinWing PTO2 panel

Rocket_Knut
Posted

Downloading. Nervously...

Panthercules
Posted

Are there any instructions anywhere as to how the skins created using these templates need to be saved down?  Is it the same format/parameters as were used with the GB/FC skins?

  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

  • 1C Game Studios
Posted
1 minute ago, Panthercules said:

Are there any instructions anywhere as to how the skins created using these templates need to be saved down?  Is it the same format/parameters as were used with the GB/FC skins?

It should be the same as GB, yes.

AEthelraedUnraed
Posted (edited)

🥳🥳💃💃🕺🕺🎇🎇

Finally I can have RAAF liveries for the campaign I'm working on.

PS. is there anyone working on RAAF Mustang skins already? I know my way around GIMP but skins are hardly my expertise and I'm sure a dedicated skinner could do a much better job than I can.

Edited by AEthelraedUnraed
actionhank
Posted

Already working on some RoKAF F-51 skins!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
BlitzPig_EL
Posted

I'm guessing that the skins that are made by the community will not be transferred over the net so that If I make a custom one, only I will see it, and anyone else online will see the default?

  • Upvote 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

I'm guessing that the skins that are made by the community will not be transferred over the net so that If I make a custom one, only I will see it, and anyone else online will see the default?

Correct; you have to share the skin for others to download if you want it to be seen online, otherwise folk will see you in the default skin.

S.Darius/S.Girenas
Posted

Can we get a short video how things work, like a short presentation and a motivation too. Perhaps you can award best works, with all the respect in community 

Panthercules
Posted (edited)

That would be a great idea - I wound up wasting a fair amount of time last night trying to figure out how to actually make my new skin appear in the game.  First I didn't know about the MRR file and how to handle it (fortunately, there is a good thread about that on these forums).  Then, I seem to have had a problem with the file name I originally chose for the skin - I'm not sure exactly what the problem was, but when I shortened it up and removed the hyphen it started working finally.  Even then, I wasted another bunch of time trying to figure out why there was a stray "5" showing up on the nose.  I ran through all the possible layers in the template thinking it might have been buried in there somewhere, then went through all the tactical code settings on all the F-84E setup screens I coud find, and confirmed that no codes were selected, but the stray "5" kept showing up every time I went into the game to take a screenshot of the new skin.  It finally turned out that when I started a mission in the Tesk Editor it automatically added a tactical code "5" to my plane behind the scenes.  I only spotted that when I clicked on the F-84E setup button on the very last screen before the mission actually starts - removing it on that screen finally got it to disappear.  

I really appreciate that the devs got all the templates out so quickly, but it would have been nice if they had accompanied that with at least some rudimentary instructions about how skins work in Korea.

One question - Where do you put the files for the preview pictures of the custom skins, and what size/format should they be?

Edited by Panthercules
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

Rocket_Knut
Posted

You need to pay attention to the naming convention: First file (the colour skin) needs to be named like this "example#1.dds". The file you called MRR file has to be named like this "example#1#1.dds". So, #1 and #1#1 need to be the last characters before the .dds

#1 and#1#1.jpg

  • Like 1
J37_Spyboy
Posted

Can we use Haluters Skin Downloader as a distribution medium, it works very well forIL2- GB

Panthercules
Posted

Has anybody found anything out about the preview pictures yet?  I unGTP'd everything I could find and couldn't find any instance of or reference to the preview pictures for the stock skins, so I'm at a loss as to how to make preview pictures for the custom skins show up in game.

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

Panthercules
Posted

BTW - I noticed that the file inside the zip file for the IL-10 is called "IL10_template.psb" instead of having the .psd extension.  Was that on purpose (because the file is bigger than the usual Photoshop limits)? 

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

Jaegermeister
Posted
17 hours ago, Panthercules said:

Has anybody found anything out about the preview yet?

…so I'm at a loss as to how to make preview pictures for the custom skins show up in game.

You can’t. Preview pictures have never been available for custom skins. The images are in the encoded game files.

Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home

Panthercules
Posted
1 hour ago, Jaegermeister said:

You can’t. Preview pictures have never been available for custom skins. The images are in the encoded game files.

Bummer - it was possible in RoF and (IIRC) in GB/FC, so I thought it would be in Korea as well. Hopefully they can add that down the road sometime.

  • Like 1

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

Jaegermeister
Posted
5 hours ago, Panthercules said:

Bummer - it was possible in RoF and (IIRC) in GB/FC, so I thought it would be in Korea as well. Hopefully they can add that down the road sometime.

Not in GB/FC that I am aware of. If it is available it must be a mod. That's possible since the file structure is different in KOREA.

Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home

FuriousMeow
Posted (edited)

The only time I could preview a non-dev skin in GB/FC was in the plane setup screen with the 3d model in the hangar. There was no other way to preview. If that's the preview you are thinking of, yeah that's unfortunately gone. It seems the Museum  is the only place to preview skins - maybe that's better? Don't have to load a mission up to get to the load out hangar screen. 

RoF was so long ago, but I'm like 99% certain non-dev skins didn't have preview images either.

Edited by FuriousMeow
Panthercules
Posted

RoF was a long time ago, but I did thousands of skins for RoF so I know for sure you could include a preview picture for your custom skins and if you included them they would be displayed (but you had to put them in yourself, e.g., using JSGME, so I suspect not very many folks bothered to do so):

RoFskinpreviewpictureexample.jpg.d89c2f7a547b41fbd77b48391d93c498.jpg

I remembered seeing preview pictures in GB/FC, but I checked and you are correct that apparently it was only for the official skins, not for custom skins.

Too bad - it wasn't really hard (for the player) to do in RoF and it would be nice if the devs would include something like it for Korea (and GB/FC for that matter, though not likely at this point).

 

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

FuriousMeow
Posted (edited)

Ah, maybe the ones I had didn't have the preview in RoF.

It would be nice for sure, that was annoying in GB/FC that you couldn't see a basic preview.

Edited by FuriousMeow
Jaegermeister
Posted

And we don't have a plane previewer any more, so it makes it even harder to look at the skins after you put them in game. Maybe they will add that later on down the road.

Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home

FuriousMeow
Posted (edited)

Do customs not get added to the paint scheme list in the Museum?

Can select a paint scheme there,  click close in the upper right, and it'll be on the plane in the museum hangar - for the dev ones at least. I'd hope that works for non-dev schemes.

Edited by FuriousMeow
Panthercules
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, FuriousMeow said:

Do customs not get added to the paint scheme list in the Museum?

Can select a paint scheme there,  click close in the upper right, and it'll be on the plane in the museum hangar - for the dev ones at least. I'd hope that works for non-dev schemes.

I've never used the museum as far as I know, but if you're on the main hangar screen with the relevant plane type in use, you can basically preview any installed custom skin for that plane type using the main hangar, using the following steps:

1. Click on the file folder label in the lower right:

Mainhangarpreviewprocess1.jpg.70918746dd64c2d8db20440065788719.jpg

2. As you can see, any custom skins also appear on the list of skins on the right side of the screen:

Mainhangarpreviewprocess2.jpg.34fc0d782ea6426fb841c8a85c42d7f1.jpg

3.  If you click on the desired skin and then click "Close" on the top right, it takes you back to the main hangar with the desired skin applied:

Mainhangarpreviewprocess3.jpg.7fbe7ed0b783922fdfa900a37a33e757.jpg

4. If you click on the little camera viewfinder-like overlay that appears when you mouse over the middle of the screen, you get a screen like the following that lets you move around and preview the skin from various angles.

Mainhangarpreviewprocess4.jpg.0bed08fa1b9900db7b054eed560e5643.jpg

Not quite as good as a real viewer or certainly the PRISM viewer being developed by Haluter, but it does at least let you avoid having to actually load into a mission every time you want to check something out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Panthercules
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 9850X3D 4.7GHz, RTX 5090, ASUS X870 Board, 64GB DDR5 RAM 6000, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...