2Late Posted September 5 Posted September 5 I have not so good eyes so I like to have the icons on. I do not need all that info like name and distance. I would like to have just the symbol. Any way to customize and tweak them except on and off? Thanks 2
BlitzPig_EL Posted September 6 Posted September 6 Not currently, sadly. I too would like to see this option.
Captain_Trips Posted September 6 Posted September 6 I feel ya. Without icons, I could never spot something like a tank. That's why I haven't tried MP. 1
Viking1 Posted September 6 Posted September 6 (edited) I was having trouble seeing some ground features until I turned FSR off. Now I run UHD with only 2x MSAA and everything is much clearer. BTW, there is a cfg file that controls icons. I turned off distance and labels for friendlies and left just the icons. I did the same for enemy units (grd and air). The thread describing this is in.. Mods and 3rd Party Apps. This CFG file that makes this work was not released when the game was officially released. https://forum.il2-series.com/topic/5026-mod-framework-hud-icon-modding-package/#comment-37033 Edited September 6 by Viking1 1 2 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
2Late Posted September 8 Author Posted September 8 On 9/6/2026 at 10:09 AM, Viking1 said: I was having trouble seeing some ground features until I turned FSR off. Now I run UHD with only 2x MSAA and everything is much clearer. BTW, there is a cfg file that controls icons. I turned off distance and labels for friendlies and left just the icons. I did the same for enemy units (grd and air). The thread describing this is in.. Mods and 3rd Party Apps. This CFG file that makes this work was not released when the game was officially released. https://forum.il2-series.com/topic/5026-mod-framework-hud-icon-modding-package/#comment-37033 Thanks for pointing this out will give it a go. I had looked into the files and found one file before that just let you shut off or on. This mod I will try. 1
Vandal Posted September 11 Posted September 11 (edited) On 9/5/2026 at 2:53 PM, 2Late said: I have not so good eyes so I like to have the icons on. I do not need all that info like name and distance. I would like to have just the symbol. Any way to customize and tweak them except on and off? Thanks Sorry, I didn't realize someone already posted it. Edited September 11 by Vandal clarification
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now