Jaegermeister Posted August 8 Posted August 8 (edited) I have put together a blank Scripted Campaign format for the community to use as a template for making scripted campaigns. Everything you need to include is in the file. You will need to change the Campaign name, and edit all the text files with your specific information where indicated. The process is almost identical to what it was in Great Battles with the exception of .txt files being changed to .json files If anyone has any specific questions about how to do this, feel free to post here and I or another content creator will probably give you an answer relatively quickly. You can place this folder in the IL2Series\Game\data\campaigns folder to see how it works and looks in the game interface. I hope to see more content on its way, but I thought this would help quicken the process for those who are unfamiliar with the details. ~S~ https://drive.google.com/file/d/15QFbNp-NRZuQPok8UZsEcqZ9Kgv1niH9/view?usp=sharing Edited September 3 by Jaegermeister 4 4 3 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
sandmarken Posted August 9 Posted August 9 Thank you! I had a look at the editor yesterday. I had a lot of what seemed like graphic bugs; the map was weirdly colored, the unit preview pictures did not show. It seems pretty close to the IL2GB editor, so it should be easy enough to learn when I get around to it. I played your campaign's first two missions, and it was really impressive. The F-51s were so aggressive against the trains in mission two, going directly for the targets after the command was given instead of circling the targets for 10 minutes!
Jaegermeister Posted August 9 Author Posted August 9 (edited) On 8/9/2026 at 1:29 AM, sandmarken said: Thank you! I had a look at the editor yesterday. I had a lot of what seemed like graphic bugs; the map was weirdly colored, the unit preview pictures did not show. It seems pretty close to the IL2GB editor, so it should be easy enough to learn when I get around to it. I played your campaign's first two missions, and it was really impressive. The F-51s were so aggressive against the trains in mission two, going directly for the targets after the command was given instead of circling the targets for 10 minutes! You are welcome. Turn off HDR in windows system settings and it will fix the problem with the map view in the editor. That has still not been resolved with the ME. Many vehicle and object images are not in the ME previewer yet, maybe they will be added later. It would also be nice to have a skin previewer again for selecting skins in a mission. Shutting down the Mission Editor, opening the game and writing them down or trying to remember them and then opening the mission again to edit the skins is a problem for sure. If there was a small thumbnail skin previewer linked in the advanced properties of the plane settings it would be awesome. The editor is almost the same with some minor changes and additions. You have to have a mission file open to do anything at all. Undo command works for most things other than deleting MCUs (CTL+Z). You can also copy and paste with CTL+C and CTL+V. It is more stable, you can open a new mission with sub-groups open and it does not crash every time. I have had a few crashes, but not many. There are now .json files included with certain features to specify file locations and instructions in the game directory. There are some new MCUs and functionality which have been discussed in other threads. New vehicles are under different directories and headings. Vehicles have more options like different cargo, trailers, etc. More formation options, and road types. The time skip feature can be modified to your preferences, but that is an entire subject on its own. I read they just added a new priority target MCU, but I have not played with it. The AI attack behavior is still a work in progress. It has been improved recently, and I am sure it will continue to be refined. The ground attack commands can be manipulated to create an immediate attack by a fighter bomber flight and then a circling attack after by starting with an attack ground command, then triggering an attack ground targets command with "on dropped bombs" or damage to the target object. I am sure this is not done in career missions, but single player missions have more control over AI behavior by switching various attack types and targets. The Airborne Forward Air Controller situation still needs some work, and we don't really have an appropriate plane for that. Hopefully we will see something new with that down the road, since FACs were such a big part of UN air support. The priority target MCU may help with this issue by activating one, and when it is destroyed it would activate the next, then we would know what target a ground controller was going to designate in advance. Right now it is very random. Edited August 16 by Jaegermeister 1 1 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Juri_JS Posted August 16 Posted August 16 I've adapted the campaign files for my Yak-9P campaign. As far as I can tell the info text files included in the upload are no longer working in Il-2 Korea. Only the json files are needed, right? 2
LuftManu Posted August 16 Posted August 16 On 8/8/2026 at 6:06 PM, Jaegermeister said: I have put together a blank Scripted Campaign format for the community to use as a template for making scripted campaigns. Everything you need to include is in the file. You will need to change the Campaign name, and edit all the text files with your specific information where indicated. The process is almost identical to what it was in Great Battles with the addition of a couple of .json files which duplicate campaign naming and location for the program to identify. If anyone has any specific questions about how to do this, feel free to post here and I or another content creator will probably give you an answer relatively quickly. You can place this folder in the IL2Series\Game\data\campaigns folder to see how it works and looks in the game interface. I hope to see more content on it's way, but I thought this would help quicken the process for those who are unfamiliar with the details. ~S~ https://drive.google.com/file/d/15QFbNp-NRZuQPok8UZsEcqZ9Kgv1niH9/view?usp=sharing Thank you very much!!!! 1 Rig: RTX 5090 ASUS TUF / Ryzen 9850 X3D /Gigabyte X870E Pro X3D Motherboard / 48 GB DDR5 Teamgroup 8000 MT/s / MSI 321 URX QD-OLED 32" 4K
Jaegermeister Posted August 16 Author Posted August 16 (edited) 8 hours ago, Juri_JS said: I've adapted the campaign files for my Yak-9P campaign. As far as I can tell the info text files included in the upload are no longer working in Il-2 Korea. Only the json files are needed, right? I do not know if that is correct or not. It is entirely possible. I submitted my campaign text files in the previous format from GB and this is what I was given in return with no explanation. You can try deleting them from your campaign folder and see if it still functions correctly. They may be needed for localization, or that may all be handled by the .json files as well, since there are various language .json files. Since you are assembling a new scripted campaign, maybe you can test it and let us know. Less files is better. 7 hours ago, LuftManu said: Thank you very much!!!! You are very welcome! Edited August 16 by Jaegermeister Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Juri_JS Posted August 16 Posted August 16 6 minutes ago, Jaegermeister said: Since you are assembling a new scripted campaign, maybe you can test it and let us know. Less files is better. I've done it. My campaign works without the old info text files. 1
Jaegermeister Posted August 16 Author Posted August 16 31 minutes ago, Juri_JS said: I've done it. My campaign works without the old info text files. Good to know, I will modify the original post. I noticed they were duplicate files but it did not occur to me to delete them. Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Viking1 Posted August 26 Posted August 26 Is it possible to create branching campaigns..granted significantly more work.. Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
AndreiTomescu Posted August 26 Posted August 26 (edited) 4 hours ago, Viking1 said: Is it possible to create branching campaigns..granted significantly more work. I guess Vendigo is the expert I know on this particular idea. There are others too, but I dunno them. He already did some impressive campaigns in GB, in which some missions HAD more that 1 variant. Edited August 26 by AndreiTomescu fairness Oreoreeeoyeero!
Vendigo Posted August 26 Posted August 26 1 hour ago, AndreiTomescu said: I guess Vendigo is the expert on this particular idea. He already did some impressive campaigns in GB, in which some missions HAD more that 1 variant. Thanks but to be fair - many other creators' campaigns also have randomized events within missions! 1 My single player campaigns: "Fortress Stalingrad" "Hunter in the snow" "Battlefield Kerch" "Ruspoli at the gates of Odesa"
Jaegermeister Posted August 27 Author Posted August 27 On 8/25/2026 at 10:56 PM, Viking1 said: Is it possible to create branching campaigns..granted significantly more work.. You can create random events in missions so that the missions turn out differently, but you cannot make branching campaigns like we could in IL2 1946 where you might get completely different missions at a certain point. The Campaign structure only allows a linear 01,02,03 progression now instead of being able to add in alternate missions 01, 02a, 02b, 02c, etc. That in fact was a lot more work because you would have to make 2 or 3 missions at certain points and some of them would never be seen or flown. "The juice was not worth the squeeze" as they say, so I am not disappointed that the option went away. 1 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Viking1 Posted August 27 Posted August 27 Sounds reasonable. And your campaign is a good one! 1 Ryzen 7800X3D, AMD 9070XT 16GB, 64GB DDR5@6000, 2x Samsung 990 Pro EVO, LG Ultragear 32 with HDR
Captain_Trips Posted September 3 Posted September 3 Thanks for this Jaegermeister. I was wanting to figure this out and was dreading wading through documentation that I would have to go find. 👍
Jaegermeister Posted September 3 Author Posted September 3 You are welcome, I just edited the download file yesterday to get rid of the unneeded .txt files that @Juri_JS mentioned in a post above. Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
JollyJack Posted Wednesday at 07:48 AM Posted Wednesday at 07:48 AM (edited) One month later (siq) ...... I loaded the template in 1.004b, and exept for one USA p51 plane plus airfield buildings and takeoff routing it's just the bare map with season set etc. Stupid Q: Is it meant for the absolute beginner to program a first flight by setting waypoints etc only. There are no other blocks set even. PS i tried adding a mission country Bloc ....... that did not work ..... Weird is that the mission countries are un-editable, and named wrong reragrding Eatern and Western, as the actual map location is about Asia. 🙃 Edited Wednesday at 08:16 AM by JollyJack
Jaegermeister Posted Wednesday at 01:52 PM Author Posted Wednesday at 01:52 PM (edited) 6 hours ago, JollyJack said: One month later (siq) ...... I loaded the template in 1.004b, and exept for one USA p51 plane plus airfield buildings and takeoff routing it's just the bare map with season set etc. It is a demo file to show the file structure required to assemble a scripted campaign, there is no complete mission that you can fly. It should show up in game though. 6 hours ago, JollyJack said: Stupid Q: Is it meant for the absolute beginner to program a first flight by setting waypoints etc only. There are no other blocks set even. The included mission is only a placeholder. You would have to make your own missions however you see fit. 6 hours ago, JollyJack said: PS i tried adding a mission country Bloc ....... that did not work ..... Weird is that the mission countries are un-editable, and named wrong reragrding Eatern and Western, as the actual map location is about Asia. 🙃 You are best off making your mission and replacing the one in the file. If I recall correctly, I opened a blank mission file, loaded a player plane and saved the file with nothing else except a name. If you want to start from there to make a mission, go for it. Edited Wednesday at 01:54 PM by Jaegermeister 1 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now