Jaegermeister Posted September 22 Author Posted September 22 38 minutes ago, AndreiTomescu said: well, i can copy paste your former reply on stem, if you're ok with that. my older son has an active steam account. I don’t see the need for that since it’s basically just a suggestion that would create a significant amount of work for no real reason by an anonymous poster. I was mainly replying to Luke out of courtesy since he appears to be the moderator there. 2 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 22 1C Game Studios Posted September 22 4 hours ago, Jaegermeister said: I don’t see the need for that since it’s basically just a suggestion that would create a significant amount of work for no real reason by an anonymous poster. I was mainly replying to Luke out of courtesy since he appears to be the moderator there. Yes, your response has been posted there, courtesy of @Aapje. 1
Aapje Posted September 22 Posted September 22 18 hours ago, Jaegermeister said: Apparently I'm not allowed to post because I have not bought anything through steam. Pretty much what I thought. It's because I changed my email a couple of years ago when I got hacked and I have not bought any new games through Steam since then. Yeah, they have this as an anti-spam feature to prevent people from just making a ton of accounts. 1
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 24 1C Game Studios Posted September 24 November 14, 1950: on the ground after scoring a confirmed kill on a MiG-15 in a head-on pass. 😎 @Jaegermeister, on this mission (#11), I noticed some of the B-29s and a flight of 4 F-80s circled around their target after dropping their bombs, instead of heading for the egress waypoint. 1 1
Jaegermeister Posted September 25 Author Posted September 25 14 hours ago, LukeFF said: November 14, 1950: on the ground after scoring a confirmed kill on a MiG-15 in a head-on pass. 😎 @Jaegermeister, on this mission (#11), I noticed some of the B-29s and a flight of 4 F-80s circled around their target after dropping their bombs, instead of heading for the egress waypoint. Those darn MiGs are hard to hit. I thought it was easy when I first started testing the campaign, but it seem like it got harder the more I tried. I’ll take a look at mission 11 and see if anything looks like it can be adjusted. 1 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
AndreiTomescu Posted September 25 Posted September 25 1 hour ago, Jaegermeister said: but it seem like it got harder the more I tried. same here, but i think it's authentic. imho, i would wait for the new patch to come before changing anything.... Oreoreeeoyeero!
Alator Posted September 25 Posted September 25 Кампания понравилась. Автору спасибо! Пожелания разработчикам игры: сделайте после полного прохождения подобных кампаний общие результаты. Сейчас можно результаты пройденной кампании посмотреть только по каждой миссии отдельно, а хотелось бы общий результат посмотреть за все миссии. 2 часа назад, Jaegermeister сказал: 17 часов назад, LukeFF сказал: Расширить Эти чертовы МиГи трудно подбить Да. Согласен. Может понизить им уровень до новичка?
MiGCap Posted September 25 Posted September 25 19 hours ago, LukeFF said: November 14, 1950: on the ground after scoring a confirmed kill on a MiG-15 in a head-on pass. 😎 @Jaegermeister, on this mission (#11), I noticed some of the B-29s and a flight of 4 F-80s circled around their target after dropping their bombs, instead of heading for the egress waypoint. Congrats! I didn't manage to get a MiG kill in this campaign. 👍👍👍 Regarding the circling aircraft: In this mission #11 my wingman "Queen 3" refused to part from the fight even as the bombers long left the area. I tried to get him into formation via the command menu, but he preferred to stay circling and was shot down finally.
Jaegermeister Posted September 25 Author Posted September 25 3 hours ago, MiGCap said: Regarding the circling aircraft: In this mission #11 my wingman "Queen 3" refused to part from the fight even as the bombers long left the area. I tried to get him into formation via the command menu, but he preferred to stay circling and was shot down finally. 23 hours ago, LukeFF said: on this mission (#11), I noticed some of the B-29s and a flight of 4 F-80s circled around their target after dropping their bombs, instead of heading for the egress waypoint. I looked at the mission logic and can't find anything wrong with it. It is the same system I always use with counters for bingo bombs, another counter to compensate for damaged aircraft, and a timer override if that doesn't get it. It appears to be a random AI error if the leader is killed, but I'm not sure right now. Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Jaegermeister Posted September 25 Author Posted September 25 6 hours ago, Alator said: Кампания понравилась. Автору спасибо! Пожелания разработчикам игры: сделайте после полного прохождения подобных кампаний общие результаты. Сейчас можно результаты пройденной кампании посмотреть только по каждой миссии отдельно, а хотелось бы общий результат посмотреть за все миссии. Да. Согласен. Может понизить им уровень до новичка? You are welcome. There was a total statistics page at the end of Great Battles Scripted Campaigns. I'm not sure why that went away. I would not want to reduce the AI level for the MiGs in these campaigns because in reality, they were some of the Soviet Union's highest scoring aces from WWII. It should not be easy to shoot down a MiG when you are doing ground attack in an F-80, but I can assure you it is possible. Drop all you ordnance and your tanks and wait for them to get low and turn, you might get one. I have gotten a few of them, but then again I have flown these missions like 10 or 15 times each. *** Пожалуйста. В кампаниях с заранее заданным сценарием (Scripted Campaigns) для *Great Battles* раньше была страница с итоговой статистикой. Не знаю, почему её убрали. Я бы не хотел снижать уровень ИИ для пилотов «МиГов» в этих кампаниях, ведь в реальности это были одни из самых результативных советских асов Второй мировой войны. Сбить «МиГ», выполняя штурмовку на F-80, — задача непростая, но, уверяю вас, вполне выполнимая. Сбросьте все бомбы, ракеты и подвесные топливные баки, дождитесь, пока противник снизится и начнет вираж, — и, возможно, вам удастся его сбить. Мне это удавалось несколько раз, хотя, справедливости ради, я проходил эти миссии по 10–15 раз каждую. Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 26 1C Game Studios Posted September 26 Yes, I think the MiG skill level is fine, too. It was a major accomplishment in reality for an F-80 to shoot down a MiG, so it should be a tough task. 3
MiGCap Posted September 26 Posted September 26 4 hours ago, Jaegermeister said: It appears to be a random AI error if the leader is killed, but I'm not sure right now. In the case of my wingman "Queen 3" I was the leader.
Jaegermeister Posted September 27 Author Posted September 27 On 9/24/2026 at 7:23 PM, LukeFF said: on this mission (#11), I noticed some of the B-29s and a flight of 4 F-80s circled around their target after dropping their bombs, instead of heading for the egress waypoint. I went back through the mission and found the problem. The second flight of bombers never made it to the target area due to a missing object link from a waypoint. I have submitted a correction for this with the revised airspeeds at higher altitudes to prevent flights from running at full throttle. I have revised my approach to setting waypoint speeds after discovering that the plane speed is based on IAS at the altitude the waypoint is set to. I never calculated this before, and it is way more obvious with flights traveling at higher speeds and higher altitudes now than they did in GB. 3 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Uther Posted September 30 Posted September 30 Have your updates made it into the patch? Still not had chance to start the campaign yet but really looking forward to trying it. 9800X3D / Asus Radeon RX 7900 XT TUF OC / Corsair Vengeance EXPO 64GB / W11
Jaegermeister Posted September 30 Author Posted September 30 5 hours ago, Uther said: Have your updates made it into the patch? Still not had chance to start the campaign yet but really looking forward to trying it. Yes, it appears from a brief check yesterday that the updates are in place. Change list as follows; All missions: Revised AAA and linked objects at airfields to deactivate when not in player vicinity to reduce CPU load. Deleted craters used for damage near Pyongyang to improve frame rates. Revised airspeeds for all flights at altitude to allow 80-90% throttle cruise speeds instead of full throttle to target area and back at high altitude. Revised enemy AAA to improve frame rates. Adjusted GUI map icons. Revised US AI vehicles to appropriate historical types. Specific Missions: Changed AI flight paths and voice messages to match actual behavior. Revised target logic to insure return to base at end of attacks triggers correctly. Moved static scenery to deconflict with linked objects. Corrected waypoint altitudes in certain missions to stay out of cloud cover. Corrected various small typos in various missions including target location in mission 05. Corrected missing waypoint link to keep bombers on track to target in mission 11. Corrected target assignment for AI flight in mission 15 so they attack enemy units. Lots of other small details corrected that no one but me will probably ever notice. 3 1 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted yesterday at 07:11 AM 1C Game Studios Posted yesterday at 07:11 AM On 9/7/2026 at 3:26 PM, Jaegermeister said: I looked it up and it appears that the Communications Service Command had mobile radio homing devices in use at Kimpo during that time, set up as non directional homing beacons. I never made the NDBs near the airfield active since they were abandoned various times, but I will place mobile units on the airfield so a flight can use the signal to return to home base from relatively close range. The transmitters should be able to reach out 100 miles at high level and maybe 50 miles for lower level flights. I'm not sure how much use it will be, but it won't take long to add it in. If I have to do another revision for the waypoints, why not? Yes, if you could do something like that, that would be great. Alternatively, an active radar station that can help vector the player to home base would be very helpful. It wasn't a major issue for me playing this campaign. Still, sometimes it can be disorienting (on the final mission I swore I was on the right course for home base, but after a while I realized I was lost and ended up circling, trying to find a familiar landmark, to no avail). At that point, I ended the mission, since in reality the player would almost certainly have had some guidance for getting back home. Otherwise, a really good campaign, as always. 🫡 My flight decided to take it to the MiGs on the last mission, so I ended up going after the AAA pretty much on my own, and I destroyed 5. 1
Jaegermeister Posted yesterday at 02:54 PM Author Posted yesterday at 02:54 PM 7 hours ago, LukeFF said: Yes, if you could do something like that, that would be great. Alternatively, an active radar station that can help vector the player to home base would be very helpful. It wasn't a major issue for me playing this campaign. Still, sometimes it can be disorienting (on the final mission I swore I was on the right course for home base, but after a while I realized I was lost and ended up circling, trying to find a familiar landmark, to no avail). At that point, I ended the mission, since in reality the player would almost certainly have had some guidance for getting back home. Otherwise, a really good campaign, as always. 🫡 My flight decided to take it to the MiGs on the last mission, so I ended up going after the AAA pretty much on my own, and I destroyed 5. Thanks, I’m glad you enjoyed flying it. It should be even better now that the corrections and upgrades are added. I never got the NDBs in the last update, but I will try to go back and add them in later. I am including radio homing in a new Campaign I am working on now. 😉 Radar homing with messages from home base might be interesting too. I can’t believe you missed your opportunity to become a MiG ace in the F-80. Surely there is at least one out there somewhere? Maybe I need to go through the campaign again and see if I can get it done. BTW Luke, are there any plans to add the score total back in to the end of a scripted campaign? That got deleted with the Korea release. 2 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted yesterday at 06:58 PM 1C Game Studios Posted yesterday at 06:58 PM 4 hours ago, Jaegermeister said: I can’t believe you missed your opportunity to become a MiG ace in the F-80. Surely there is at least one out there somewhere? Maybe I need to go through the campaign again and see if I can get it done. Ha! I'm just glad I got the one guy on a lucky merge. I kept looking over my shoulder during the last mission to see if anyone was trying to sneak up on me, but no one wanted to go that low. 4 hours ago, Jaegermeister said: are there any plans to add the score total back in to the end of a scripted campaign? That got deleted with the Korea release. I'll ask. Yes, I miss that as well.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now