MDzmitry Posted September 14 Posted September 14 4 часа назад, AcesDarthBubu сказал: AI wingman shut down engine after climbing or sharp turning , resulting in bailing out and plane crashing. AI engine auto shut down.rar Please have a look. Quite common during take off. Tends to vary between different aircraft types from my experience. For example, I have hardly seen any malfunctions when AI flew Yaks, but the problem is near consistent with Spitfires (1-5 AIs crashing in every sortie).
AcesDarthBubu Posted September 14 Posted September 14 4 hours ago, MDzmitry said: Tends to vary between different aircraft types from my experience. For example, I have hardly seen any malfunctions when AI flew Yaks, but the problem is near consistent with Spitfires (1-5 AIs crashing in every sortie). Yup, my experiences are with the spits. Hence I suspect is a bug that can be fixed.
MDzmitry Posted September 15 Posted September 15 8 часов назад, AcesDarthBubu сказал: Yup, my experiences are with the spits. Hence I suspect is a bug that can be fixed. Hopefully so, AI failures ruin the RAF career experience for me.
AcesDarthBubu Posted September 15 Posted September 15 16 hours ago, MDzmitry said: Hopefully so, AI failures ruin the RAF career experience for me. I too hope that the dev will fix some of the nonsensical issues with the AI that are existing in game still. As a SP gamer mainly, I enjoy roleplaying using the career game mode. Following the development growth of fictional AI wingman is one of the thing I enjoyed. Like you, seeing the rather silly AI behavior that causes them to be killed or captured ruins it.
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 16 Author 1C Game Studios Posted September 16 On 9/14/2026 at 6:58 AM, AcesDarthBubu said: AI wingman shut down engine after climbing or sharp turning , resulting in bailing out and plane crashing. AI engine auto shut down.rar Please have a look. Quite common during take off. Exactly which planes does this happen with?
Redeye Posted September 16 Posted September 16 28 minutes ago, LukeFF said: Exactly which planes does this happen with? In my experience all Spitfire MkV and MkIX. Have not flown the MKXIV in career yet. Is an old issue by the way.
AcesDarthBubu Posted September 16 Posted September 16 6 hours ago, LukeFF said: Exactly which planes does this happen with? Mk IXc
MDzmitry Posted September 17 Posted September 17 (edited) 13 часов назад, Redeye сказал: Is an old issue by the way. Yup, god knows how old the problem is with the lack of earlier posting on it, but here's my first post about it (on 19.10.2025), originally disregarded as "lack of fuel". Also I doubled down on it making the first message on this forum about it as well. I could've originally fallen for the fuel reasoning too, had I not seen 4 of my wingmen stall their engines not even 5 minutes after taking off. The reason for that I guess was that our flight got intercepted by some 190s, which made AI maneuver aggressively, leading to throttle jumping and engine overrevving. The whole thing was so unexpected I didn't record the track early enough, only have it when multiple Spits are already gliding/spinning without pilots in them. By the way, besides direct combat the problem can be forced by spamming "patrol" and "gather on me" commands, making AI switch from their typical cruising 0-100 throttle sliding to needing to form up and pulling full WEP. This is not a typical scenario, but a similar thing occurs simply when AI needs to gather on me in a normal sortie. Another common scenario is them overrevving when in a descent. I only managed to replicate this case myself when diving fast enough and going from 0% throttle to WEP. A simple solution is brute-forcing a slight stop at 50% throttle, where AI stays on it for even half a second to avoid too sudden RPM changes. Edited September 17 by MDzmitry
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 17 Author 1C Game Studios Posted September 17 23 hours ago, Redeye said: In my experience all Spitfire MkV and MkIX. Have not flown the MKXIV in career yet. Is an old issue by the way. 17 hours ago, AcesDarthBubu said: Mk IXc Thanks, yes, this is in our bug tracker and should be fixed when there is another update for GB. 2
MDzmitry Posted Saturday at 08:23 AM Posted Saturday at 08:23 AM (edited) 17.09.2026 в 19:08, LukeFF сказал: this is in our bug tracker and should be fixed when there is another update for GB The update couldn't possibly come any sooner. This is ridiculous: to lose all 7 wingmen to their own stupidity (1 failed before even taking off, 6 ruined their engines after breaking to evade 190s). Spitfire careers, as they are, are currently plain unplayable. By the way, the Fw 190 D-9s when I checked on them were also on their chutes without any sign of being shot down, so I'd like to ask you check their engine handling as well. Edited Saturday at 08:24 AM by MDzmitry
KobesPilot Posted Saturday at 03:23 PM Posted Saturday at 03:23 PM On 9/14/2026 at 1:13 PM, MDzmitry said: Tends to vary between different aircraft types from my experience. For example, I have hardly seen any malfunctions when AI flew Yaks, but the problem is near consistent with Spitfires (1-5 AIs crashing in every sortie). I was playing in career, flying the P40E-1 and after a dogfight I engaged the Ai Autopilot and plane banked hard to the right while simultaneously shutting the plane down. A automated startup immediately followed while the canopy simultaneously slide open and my pilot jumps ....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now