Vendigo Posted August 21 Posted August 21 On 6/14/2026 at 12:34 PM, IckyAtlas said: 7) We can mute completely the game voice chatter, when we want to implement our own voices in an scripted mission or campaign. I am interested to know how to do it, also - can you only mute the voice chatter for the entire duration of the mission, or you can mute the radio chatter for several seconds/minutes whenever you need it? Will appreciate any tips! My single player campaigns: "Fortress Stalingrad" "Hunter in the snow" "Battlefield Kerch" "Ruspoli at the gates of Odesa"
AEthelraedUnraed Posted August 21 Posted August 21 2 hours ago, Vendigo said: I am interested to know how to do it, also - can you only mute the voice chatter for the entire duration of the mission, or you can mute the radio chatter for several seconds/minutes whenever you need it? Will appreciate any tips! You cannot. It was a wishlist rather than functions that are actually in the game. The Devs have just announced a functionality that might well make such a function moot though: "a system that will allow mission and campaign creators to add their own lines to radio communications for any aircraft in the mission" If I understand this correctly, it means that the new AI voices (that will be improved at the same time) will essentially work completely within the radio system; e.g. they're guaranteed not to overlap with other audio, and their subtitles will show on the left of the screen.
Vendigo Posted August 21 Posted August 21 Thanks @AEthelraedUnraed! Having that feature implemented would be awesome! My single player campaigns: "Fortress Stalingrad" "Hunter in the snow" "Battlefield Kerch" "Ruspoli at the gates of Odesa"
Vendigo Posted August 22 Posted August 22 This one is interesting, I wonder what's it for - Translator Time Shift! Spoiler My single player campaigns: "Fortress Stalingrad" "Hunter in the snow" "Battlefield Kerch" "Ruspoli at the gates of Odesa"
Jaegermeister Posted August 22 Posted August 22 1 hour ago, Vendigo said: This one is interesting, I wonder what's it for - Translator Time Shift! Reveal hidden contents There is a partial explanation in this thread 1 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Vendigo Posted August 23 Posted August 23 1 hour ago, Jaegermeister said: There is a partial explanation in this thread Thanks, I have opened BlackThursday mission to have look at how "fast forward" feature works, but the amount of links between MCU's is frustrating.. I wonder - is there a step-by-step tutorial on how exactly to add this feature in a mission? My single player campaigns: "Fortress Stalingrad" "Hunter in the snow" "Battlefield Kerch" "Ruspoli at the gates of Odesa"
Jaegermeister Posted August 23 Posted August 23 58 minutes ago, Vendigo said: Thanks, I have opened BlackThursday mission to have look at how "fast forward" feature works, but the amount of links between MCU's is frustrating.. I wonder - is there a step-by-step tutorial on how exactly to add this feature in a mission? No, not yet. The way the time skip feature works, it does in fact involve a large number of complex linked MCU's, new functionality, and new file structure and syntax. @Jade_Monkey, @Juri_JS, @AEthelraedUnraed and I are all still working on the details of editing .json files, figuring out how to edit the screen interface, and how to trigger the events. The information we have is spread over a couple of threads in this section of the forum. It is all interrelated, and not documented at all. Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment, but I am not in a position to try and explain what I am still trying to figure out myself. In addition to the thread I linked above, you should read the threads below as well. 1 Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
Habu Posted August 23 Posted August 23 3 hours ago, Jaegermeister said: No, not yet. The way the time skip feature works, it does in fact involve a large number of complex linked MCU's, new functionality, and new file structure and syntax. @Jade_Monkey, @Juri_JS, @AEthelraedUnraed and I are all still working on the details of editing .json files, figuring out how to edit the screen interface, and how to trigger the events. The information we have is spread over a couple of threads in this section of the forum. It is all interrelated, and not documented at all. Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment, but I am not in a position to try and explain what I am still trying to figure out myself. In addition to the thread I linked above, you should read the threads below as well. The non document new functionality is a real problem since Rise of flight. Why don't we have the information from the dev who did that functionality. We always spend a lot of time understanding how it works, and how it should works. 1
AEthelraedUnraed Posted August 23 Posted August 23 (edited) 10 hours ago, Vendigo said: Thanks, I have opened BlackThursday mission to have look at how "fast forward" feature works, but the amount of links between MCU's is frustrating.. I wonder - is there a step-by-step tutorial on how exactly to add this feature in a mission? 9 hours ago, Jaegermeister said: No, not yet. The way the time skip feature works, it does in fact involve a large number of complex linked MCU's, new functionality, and new file structure and syntax. @Jade_Monkey, @Juri_JS, @AEthelraedUnraed and I are all still working on the details of editing .json files, figuring out how to edit the screen interface, and how to trigger the events. The information we have is spread over a couple of threads in this section of the forum. It is all interrelated, and not documented at all. Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment, but I am not in a position to try and explain what I am still trying to figure out myself. I've got a pretty good understanding of how it works by now 🙂 I'll provide a short overview below; if there's any specific questions you have, don't hesitate to ask. There might still be a few inaccuracies, but it has successfully allowed me to use the time skip function, as well as other exciting stuff. There's 3 new MCUs involved in the time skip functionality. It's possible to use them separately though, or for other purposes. They are as follows: 1) Translator:Media - UI Dialog This is actually documented pretty well in this post: https://forum.il2-series.com/topic/4227-ui-dialog-scripts-provide-sample/#findComment-27157 Be sure to download the example .json file; it is clearly commented and should tell you anything you need. The mission scripting works as follows: The important parts are: Any MCU (here the Start timer) can show the dialog by targeting it with a Target Link. The textbox underneath Browse should point to the .json configuration file of the dialog. Base Time gives a timeout in seconds after which the dialog will close by itself, if no input was given. OnMediaStopped links to any MCU (here the Closed timer). It is triggered when the dialog box is closed, either by its Base Time timeout, by the user pressing the Close button on the dialog (if enabled in the .json), or by the user selecting one of the options. In general, you want to link this to a Translator:Media - Stop Media MCU (here the Stop MCU), to re-enable time compression. OnAction00 to OnAction15 links to any MCU (here Option 1 and Option 2). It is triggered when the user presses the corresponding button as defined in the .json; e.g. if the .json specifies a button {"action":9, "text":"mediaButton1"}, it will trigger the OnAction09 event and then close the dialog. The dialog can be used to then trigger a "fast forward", but it can also be used for other purposes where the player needs to choose between options. 2) Translator:Time Shift This moves the time forward (i.e. change the sun position), but by itself doesn't change the player position or accounts for fuel usage. I haven't tested it, but this could theoretically be used to speed up the game time by repeatedly triggering it. E.g. in a multiplayer mission, you could simulate a whole day from sunrise to sunset in an hour of play time or so, by moving the time a minute forward every few seconds. Any MCU (here the Start timer) can trigger the time shift by targeting it with a Target Link. Time to go off defines the time to skip. E.g. if the example was triggered at 12:00:00, the new time would be 12:12:34. 3) Command:Reposition This changes the position of an MCU. By itself, it doesn't change the game time but it does account for fuel burn. Any MCU (here the Start timer) can trigger the reposition by targeting it with a Target Link. An Object Link defines the object to be repositioned (here Plane 1). Other objects in the linked object's formation (here Plane 2) are also repositioned. The new position of the linked object (here Plane 1) will be that of the MCU, in this case (-1000,1500,-8500), regardless of what its previous position was. Other objects in the formation (here Plane 2) will keep their relative position towards the linked object. So if Plane 2 is slightly to the left and behind of Plane 1, it will still be so after the reposition. An exception is made if Force Wingmen Altitude is checked: in that case, all formation members will have the Y position of the MCU (here 1500). Force Group Members Orientation will set the orientation of Plane 1 and all its formation members (here Plane 2) to the orientation of the MCU, here (0,135,0). Reposition Time accounts for fuel consumption. It is provided in seconds, so 900 as in the example corresponds to 900/60=15 minutes. If Plane 1 at the moment of triggering was burning 1L/min of fuel, it means that after the reposition, 1*15=15L of fuel have disappeared from its tanks. Edited August 23 by AEthelraedUnraed 2
Vendigo Posted August 23 Posted August 23 @AEthelraedUnraed thank you for the detailed guide! Now this feature is working in my mission, the only problem - the scene changes instantly, there's no fade in/fade out when my plane quantum-leaps to the new location. I will play with the respective numbers of the Media Operator, will try to get it all work perfectly (as it does in "Home by Christmas"). My single player campaigns: "Fortress Stalingrad" "Hunter in the snow" "Battlefield Kerch" "Ruspoli at the gates of Odesa"
IckyAtlas Posted August 26 Posted August 26 Very nice features that allow many things, but we will need even more attention to avoid chaos if too many of these things are combined. But very welcome, including the voice chatter. That one if we can use the existing voices but set our own text and tone that would be fantastic.
JollyJack Posted Tuesday at 09:03 AM Posted Tuesday at 09:03 AM (edited) On 6/8/2026 at 8:19 PM, Jade_Monkey said: Any word on the stability of the editor? I got used to the editor but the crashes when you had a lot of progress were frustrating. A lazy alternative could be creating autosaves every 5 mins, like in some games that have 3 different trailing saves besides the version you are working on. Hi Jade, a bit late, but i use the old manifest scaling trick also with the Korea ME on my 4k monitor. Without it zooming and saving seems to cause crashes more often. https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/70564-me-scaling-trick-for-4k-monitors-a-fix-for-the-crashes/ If it still crashes i export all MCUs as group, delete all, and reimport the grouped file. All items get new numbers then and seems mostly to fix crashing. Edited Tuesday at 09:08 AM by JollyJack 1
Jade_Monkey Posted Tuesday at 03:15 PM Posted Tuesday at 03:15 PM 6 hours ago, JollyJack said: Hi Jade, a bit late, but i use the old manifest scaling trick also with the Korea ME on my 4k monitor. Without it zooming and saving seems to cause crashes more often. https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/70564-me-scaling-trick-for-4k-monitors-a-fix-for-the-crashes/ If it still crashes i export all MCUs as group, delete all, and reimport the grouped file. All items get new numbers then and seems mostly to fix crashing. Thanks! That post was pre-early access when I hadn't tried it. I have not had any issues with the editor so far. Glad that it's a lot more stable now. AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 32 GB DDR4 | nVME SSD | VR headset: Pimax Dream Air SLAM
Recommended Posts
Posted by Regingrave,
Templates for Korea map.
Recommended by Regingrave
3 reactions
Go to this post
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now