SOL-4-KEV Posted yesterday at 05:49 AM Posted yesterday at 05:49 AM These skins are the next installment in my F-51 International Series, following South Africa. The ROKAF series features three skins paying homage to Col. Dean Hess and the Korean pilots who flew the F-51 during the Korean War. The maroon-nose No. 18 represents Dean Hess’s aircraft, featuring the Korean inscription 信念의 鳥人! (Bird Man of Faith), reflecting his motto, “I FLY BY FAITH.” The silver-nose No. 18 is another variation of Dean Hess’s aircraft, featuring the distinctive “LAST CHANCE” marking on the right side of the aircraft. The yellow-nose No. 13, which I like to call “Lucky 13,” was one of the first aircraft in the squadron. The number 13 is not traditionally considered unlucky in Korea, while the number 4 certainly has that reputation—so hopefully, a little of that luck carries forth with you! Enjoy the skins, and I hope you enjoy flying them as much as I enjoyed making them. Download link for the ROKAF If you prefer MediaFire https://www.mediafire.com/file/cldx15uzuc6nsic/ROKAF_series.zip/file If you prefer Google Drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J5gAspSYKvQV6Y_7ft23zEKzjDRYssAv/view?usp=drive_link 2
FuriousMeow Posted yesterday at 07:46 PM Posted yesterday at 07:46 PM Gonna D/L later, look nice. Saw this while looking up if those skins were based on historical skins, haven't read it all but so far its interesting: https://mikesresearch.com/2022/11/27/south-korean-air-force-1950-53/ 1
SOL-4-KEV Posted 21 hours ago Author Posted 21 hours ago 3 hours ago, FuriousMeow said: Gonna D/L later, look nice. Saw this while looking up if those skins were based on historical skins, haven't read it all but so far its interesting: https://mikesresearch.com/2022/11/27/south-korean-air-force-1950-53/ Yes, this was the article I read and referenced in making my skins. Thanks 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now