DFLion Posted yesterday at 02:38 AM Posted yesterday at 02:38 AM I would just like to make a report on my last single Mission 'DF_F-84E_Bombing_Mission' which I have just posted into single missions. I experienced some problems with the F-84E, which I will list below. 1. Using autopilot for taxi and takeoff with the heaviest bombs loaded, 8 rockets, fuel tanks at max and JATO rockets for take-off I was struggling to get the aircraft airborne - on reaching the first waypoint it extended the flaps again and started yawing badly until finally crashing. By reducing the bomb load weight and carefully placing the first and second waypoint it managed to keep in the air and when heading for the third waypoint, picked up speed and kept flying. 2. When placing the aircraft in pairs for the bomb attack, when diving to attack the target, the 3rd and 4th aircraft in the flight would over fly your aircraft and then when repositioning would crash into it! To overcome this situation I had to place both flights in wedges of three aircraft yet there was still a lot of very close yawing by the second and third aircraft in the flight. This wedge formation doesn't help for accurate bombing - is it possible to program a single file attack by the flight? The other thing I noticed during the ground attack is that your aircraft extends its airbrake yet your other aircraft don't extend their airbrakes, which causes the overfly of your aircraft and a possible inflight crash. 3. The other area that needs a look at is the cockpit voice messages. One message that I personally don't like is when one of your pilots asks you to slow down so he can catch-up. This should be the other way around - you, as the flight commander should be ordering your flight members to catch up with you and keep in formation? Also there are some voice sounds that are highly inaccurate in spoken English and don't make sense - please, I am not having a go at anybody, it just needs to be fixed somehow. 4. The flight sim has so much potential and I am sure we can all work together to get the 'bugs' ironed out. I am looking for the aircraft carrier ops and flying the F9F-2 Panther jet. DFLion
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now