Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

MiG-15 wing textures might need a bit of love


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'm flying the MiG-15bis quite a lot, both in screen and VR and I'm finding that compared to other A/C, the wings dont look quite as good from the cockpit. Even with 4k textures the overall look seems a little blurry, the rivetting does not stand up as clearly as in other wings, etc. The copckpit looks superb even in VR and feels great, but then you look around and the wings feel like they could be improved.

In VR looks worse, as you would expect. The team did a great job creating a cockpit that would look good in VR, prioritizing textures and 3d models that you would notice the most; Korea's VR cockpits are the best looking ones of all the VR sims I've tried, at least in my rig. I would suggest that your wings are prioritized too in terms of VR graphical quality presets since you end up looking at them a lot, and they are really close, so details really stand up.

MiG (monitor, 4K textures)

image.jpeg.d5eaaa2b055b2158e088a49dce8aa6d3.jpeg

 

Compared to Sabre:

image.jpeg.be1274c8db77db4cfa382dc35da89806.jpeg

Or La11:

image.jpeg.f4245320c0fb8037856d69c01a9b2d7a.jpeg

Edited by nachinus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...