H0LL0MAN Posted Sunday at 12:17 AM Posted Sunday at 12:17 AM I think a lot of us are interested in the best interest for this game, so stability and improvements should be first. However I do know there's gonna come a point in which we will want to see some interesting planes that were in Korea; introducing the F-82, it was used in mostly the start of the Korean War. I believe this could be a super fun and awesome airplane to have added. Realistically I'm not sure if it would be added soon, but I know it was involved in the Korean War and a lot of us would absolutely love this aircraft to be added. Information: "Korean War Kills: While it entered service too late for WWII, the F-82 played a vital role early in the Korean War. Operating out of Japan, F-82Gs scored the first three aerial victories for U.S. forces in that conflict, starting with a North Korean Yak-11 shot down on June 27, 1950." 1 1
Valis Posted Sunday at 01:51 PM Posted Sunday at 01:51 PM If we ever get one I think it will come as part of an 'Early War DLC' with a map that covers South Korea and a piece of Japan. 2
H0LL0MAN Posted Sunday at 02:55 PM Author Posted Sunday at 02:55 PM Honestly yeah I could see that too. I don't know when something like that would be added but since the Carrier update is planned for Q1 of 2027, maybe we could see something like that maybe in Q2 of Q3 if their schedule allowed it and if it's something they can do without any conflicting scheduled things they may have. I just know though that a lot of people would like it to come at some point.
Dash,Polder Posted Sunday at 03:53 PM Posted Sunday at 03:53 PM The only thing superior to a Mustang, two Mustangs bolted together, fortified with extra .50's. Although thinking about the gunnery sight relationship and offset sort of gives me a slight headache.
H0LL0MAN Posted Sunday at 04:58 PM Author Posted Sunday at 04:58 PM Exactly haha, and maybe slightly but I'm sure it wouldn't be too bad
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted Monday at 12:23 AM 1C Game Studios Posted Monday at 12:23 AM As Han mentioned on our old forums, there are no plans for the F-82. 1
Avimimus Posted Monday at 10:35 AM Posted Monday at 10:35 AM 10 hours ago, LukeFF said: As Han mentioned on our old forums, there are no plans for the F-82. I did get the distinct impression from the Briefing Room episodes that even the Il-28 might be more likely. However, given its popularity, it is probably still worth discussing. Perhaps as a 3rd party collector plane, or as part of a future update to reinvigorate interest in Korea after the next module is released... there are still possibilities over the next two to four years such that I wouldn't consider it completely impossible. You might have more information though, in that regard.
YoYo Posted Monday at 06:40 PM Posted Monday at 06:40 PM (edited) From my side +1. F-82 It was not only an interesting machine with decent performance, but it also scored the FIRST air kill (for UN forces) during the Korean War. On June 27, 1950, 1st Lt. William G. "Skeeter" Hudson, together with radar operator 1st Lt. Carl Fraser, shot down a North Korean Yak-11 in the Kimpo/Seoul area while flying an F-82G Twin Mustang of the 68th Fighter (All-Weather) Squadron. This was the first aerial victory for UN/US forces in the Korean War. I’d be particularly interested in the radar-equipped version. Just imagine a campaign like that at night, with the radar and Ground-Controlled Interception actually working. It would be absolute bliss! ❤️ Edited Monday at 06:42 PM by YoYo Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now