Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

"Falcon, this is Eagle [you're a war hero?] tower"


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all - new to IL-2 Korea, just bought last night and have been getting all my controls set up. I've done nothing other than use Task Editor to take off in the US planes.  Every time I'm on the runway ready to take off, I get a weird radio message from the tower that sounds like "Falcon, this is Eagle, you're a war hero, tower" - I've listened to it over and over and can't make out what they're saying, and whatever it is, is not being written in the on-screen dialog.  Anybody else hear this?

BlitzPig_EL
Posted

Constantly, welcome aboard, and welcome to the world of synthesized speech.   The vocals are not recordings but computer generated speech. 

We all hope it is something that gets fixed.   Wait till you here it try to pronounce "George"  or "three". 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Posted

I hear "yoororeero" also in MP. No idea either...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
Posted

Huh, I just looked up 'eagle' in Russian and apparently it's pronounced 'orel' -- possibly a clue?

FuriousMeow
Posted (edited)

I've just taken to turning the radio volume all the way down.

Although, I may need to stop doing that... when on mission at least,  the 6 calls are useful and I think are new with the latest update? I don't recall hearing them before. 

Edited by FuriousMeow
Jaegermeister
Posted
10 hours ago, GregP said:

Every time I'm on the runway ready to take off, I get a weird radio message from the tower that sounds like "Falcon, this is Eagle, you're a war hero, tower" - I've listened to it over and over and can't make out what they're saying, and whatever it is, is not being written in the on-screen dialog.  Anybody else hear this?

The tower is saying it's call sign is Eagle "Zero Zero" because it does not have a number assigned. FACs do the same thing if you do not assign them an ID number like "Able 1", you get "Able Yero Yero". 

It is annoying. The text to voice radio system is obviously still a work in progress.

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home

Dash,Polder
Posted

It's code from Frank in base ops, it means drinks on me in the hootch if you manage to somehow come back with a kill.

  • Haha 3
Posted
14 hours ago, Whittle said:

I hear "yoororeero" also in MP. No idea either...

Same here.Very annoying.Also the other weird calls constantly repeated while on the take-off run.

  • Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 (LGA1700)

48.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1066MHz

Intel Core i7 13700KF

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti

931GB Western Digital WDS100T3X0C
931GB Western Digital WD_BLACK SN850X

VirtualDesktop  Quest 3  TrackIR

VKB Stecs   VKB Gladiator   Monster Rhino FFB   MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

 

 

BlitzPig_EL
Posted
1 hour ago, JMax said:

Same here.Very annoying.Also the other weird calls constantly repeated while on the take-off run.

I am threatening to come around and napalm the tower of my own base if this nonsense continues.

:classic_angry:

  • Haha 4
AndreiTomescu
Posted
1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

I am threatening to come around and napalm the tower of my own base if this nonsense continues.

:classic_angry:

we all know you would do that just for fun. 

problem is, we won't mind.

Oreoreeeoyeero out.

  • Haha 5

Oreoreeeoyeero! 

BlitzPig_EL
Posted

You know me so well.

:classic_biggrin:

 

 

Posted
57 minutes ago, AndreiTomescu said:

 

Oreoreeeoyeero out.

THATS what is being said! Couldn't quite make it out....  Oreoreeeoyeero!!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 (LGA1700)

48.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1066MHz

Intel Core i7 13700KF

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti

931GB Western Digital WDS100T3X0C
931GB Western Digital WD_BLACK SN850X

VirtualDesktop  Quest 3  TrackIR

VKB Stecs   VKB Gladiator   Monster Rhino FFB   MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

 

 

GrumpyGnome
Posted

Oreoreeeoyeero!!

Is not that what the long nosed green faced infantry sang as they marched into the wicked witch of the west's castle? 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
BlitzPig_EL
Posted

FireFire.png.dabb1427dea2c3151590d82ab9d7901d.png

I tried to warn you.

  • Haha 2
FuriousMeow
Posted

So I think the over zealous "keep forward" is if you deviate even a little in the takeoff run. The more inline my takeoff run is with where I started the less I hear from our Winkie Guard tower occupant.

Winkie Guards are the green faced marching fellas from Wizard of Oz.

14 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

FireFire.png.dabb1427dea2c3151590d82ab9d7901d.png

I tried to warn you.

Understandable. 

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
Posted

I am ***so*** tempted to change my handle to Oreoreeeoyeero!  😄

MajorMagee
Posted (edited)

I just watched the Wizard of OZ again last evening (broadcast on MeTV). I loved it when they got jumped from behind by the three lancers. Then the Lion's tail swishing out from under his greatcoat as they snuck into the Witch's castle was hilarious!

 

Edited by MajorMagee

Service To The Line,

On The Line,

On Time!

9800X3D, 64 GB DDR5, RTX 5070-Ti 1024 GB/s @ 2700 MHz 0.85V, Calibrated 10 bit QD-OLED 3440x1440 @ 240Hz

AndreiTomescu
Posted

I can see a reenactment here:

- the castle: control tower

- AI speaker: himself

- the Lion: The Blitz, aka Mr Napalm

- Tinman: myself

- Dorothy: Grace Kelly.

- the Great Wizard: Luke.

I would change the ending with Tinman marrying Dorothy.

Rest of it, you can leave it as it was.

  • Haha 1

Oreoreeeoyeero! 

BlitzPig_EL
Posted

Wait, I get Grace Kelly.  :classic_biggrin:

Jade_Monkey
Posted (edited)

There is definitely some work to be done, especially prioritizing what is important over the radio and what can be completely left out. There is too much nonsense.

 

I don't know the inner workings of how the radio logic works, but would be nice to have a job that prioritizes the relevant messages when there are too many messages queued up and ignores the lower priority ones. When things are quiet and queue is empty, the low priority messages can still come through?

Edited by Jade_Monkey

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  |  Nvidia RTX 4090  |  32 GB DDR4  |  nVME SSD  |  VR headset: Pimax Dream Air SLAM

ACE-OF-ACES
Posted
On 10/2/2026 at 7:32 AM, Jaegermeister said:

The tower is saying it's call sign is Eagle "Zero Zero" because it does not have a number assigned.

FACs do the same thing if you do not assign them an ID number like "Able 1", you get "Able Yero Yero". 

OMG!

Thank you!

I thought my ears were broken!

Abele Yero Yero

Makes total sense now

BlitzPig_EL
Posted

Still need to work on "Red Berry" (Red three).

  • Haha 1
AndreiTomescu
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Wait, I get Grace Kelly

if you intend on napalming her, pls, i kindly remind you that i'm proficient with the rockets.

2 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Still need to work on "Red Berry"

Little Red Riding Hood

Took a stroll in the wood

To pick berry as she should

There she met the Napalm guy 

He Mustanged her into the sky.

 

It works, right?

Edited by AndreiTomescu
  • Haha 2

Oreoreeeoyeero! 

Posted
On 10/2/2026 at 8:32 AM, Jaegermeister said:

The tower is saying it's call sign is Eagle "Zero Zero" because it does not have a number assigned. FACs do the same thing if you do not assign them an ID number like "Able 1", you get "Able Yero Yero". 

It is annoying. The text to voice radio system is obviously still a work in progress.

That makes the most sense as an explanation I've seen so far! So... what we have here... is a "Nuclear Wessels" situation 🤣
 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Posted

Be nice to have an option to simply turn the inane ATC off and keep the other AI radio stuff.

  • Upvote 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...