Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

DF_F-86A's_Enter_Combat (Ver.1004) update


Recommended Posts

Posted

Just played my first Korean war F-86A Mission to test the new fuel programming for the Sabre - very happy with the outcome - thank you Korean IL-2 team, well done. The Sabre's 'in-game' fuel system is now working the same as the real Sabre fuel system with the drop tanks emptying into the front tank as it depletes its fuel.

When you arrive at 'Mig Alley' your drop tanks are just about empty, so you order the flight to drop them (you still have a lot more fuel left for combat - more than you originally had in the previous game version). The Migs then bounced your flight and you order your pilots to engage them. The dog fight begins and I was more than happy with the AI reaction now on both sides of the coin. Soon I managed to catch one Mig with a good deflection shot, though my wingman kept warning me of Migs on my tail? Soon I noticed my fuel getting low and shortly after I ran out of ammo - time to head for home, ordering the flight to do the same. The Migs don't chase you now all the way home!

I noticed my home waypoint indicated it was way back at Suwon (270kms) at 700m, this was not good as I would run out of fuel quickly flying at low altitude. I will move the 'Force complete MCU' at the home waypoint to a much higher altitude earlier waypoint (7,000m) to conserve my return fuel to get me home safely.

I will amend this single mission shortly and post it again under 'single missions' for you all to try out. Let me know how you go?

Here it is!

DFLion

DF_F86A's_Enter_Combat.zip

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...