Yankee_One Posted September 30 Posted September 30 Hi, i don´t understand how to use the new fuel system without the helper. Valves and pumps are selected using instrument control commands. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Is there sb who can explain me please this function step by step. This would be great. Thank you for your help
ATAG_Ezzie Posted September 30 Posted September 30 Yankee_One - I just posted in the F84 section how the F84 fuel system seems to work after an initial exploration. Not sure if this applies to all aircraft but it might? Ezzie 1
YoYo Posted October 1 Posted October 1 I don't see anything related to "Selector tanks" in the settings. So, how do I switch fuel tanks manually if I disable that "fuel helper" now, from 1.004? Did I perhaps miss something in the key bindings? Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Leifr Posted October 2 Posted October 2 10 hours ago, YoYo said: I don't see anything related to "Selector tanks" in the settings. So, how do I switch fuel tanks manually if I disable that "fuel helper" now, from 1.004? Did I perhaps miss something in the key bindings? It's been buried, for some reason, in the gauge subsystem. 1
Mark_Krieger Posted October 2 Posted October 2 In my opinion the gauge system is only useful for players that don't have enough buttons or switches but it is really immersion breaking that pilots can't control directly the fuel valves or the different gauges. Why don't the developers use a double system for all gauges (in fact with altimeter there is partially a double system) is something I don't understand. Technical difficulties with the mapping? 1 CPU AMD Ryzen 7800 X3D, GPU AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, RAM: 64 Gb DDR5, VR Headset: Quest 3.
Whittle Posted October 2 Posted October 2 There won't be any legitimate technical reason behind it. I'm sure they'll fix it eventually.
OreoBird_147 Posted October 2 Posted October 2 I really hope to see proper keybinds for the fuel system controls. Simple keybinds like ''next/previous tank'' or ''fuel booster on/off'' will be very nice to have, so we can all properly enjoy having manual control over this! The way it's implemented now is very unintuitive and very unfriendly for those of us that like flying with the HUD turned off. 1 Also known as: Ghostrider 147 CPU: i5-13600k // GPU: RTX 4070 // MoBo: B760-PLUS // RAM: 32GB DDR5-6000 // Stick: VKB Gunfighter Mk. III with SCG grip // Throttle: VKB STECS Mini // Pedals: VKB T-Rudder Mk. V
pr0x Posted October 2 Posted October 2 It's a very strange and confusing design decision. I don't think most people even knew about the next/prev instrument keybinds. I knew because I like to start off with a completely empty keymap, and because I had noticed that the AI in GB didn't always follow the altitude set in the flight plan. Using next/prev instrument keybinds, you can interact with several things that are otherwise inaccessible, including the altimeter, fuel gauges and valves.
BlitzPig_EL Posted October 2 Posted October 2 The problem with the "next/previous" system is that you have to cycle through a bunch of other systems to get at the one you want to interact with. Things happen far too quickly in air combat for a clunky system like this. Sadly, at this point I am running out of buttons to program, so I will have to stay with the "helper" system for fuel management. 1
pr0x Posted October 2 Posted October 2 22 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said: The problem with the "next/previous" system is that you have to cycle through a bunch of other systems to get at the one you want to interact with. Things happen far too quickly in air combat for a clunky system like this. Sadly, at this point I am running out of buttons to program, so I will have to stay with the "helper" system for fuel management. Yeah, same here. You need four additional binds to deal with this system, and in VR that is more than I can spare. On the other hand, I don't want multiplayer to become arcade-land with AI helpers enabled by default. There should be some skill involved in managing your engine and aircraft systems in general.
YoYo Posted October 2 Posted October 2 8 hours ago, Leifr said: It's been buried, for some reason, in the gauge subsystem. Thanks, I'll check it out. It should be under systems, after all, we do have an Engines and Fuel section. It’s a simple combination: a Fuel Selector (that’s what it’s called, though I hadn’t found anything like it before) and a split between tanks, that’s all there is to it. Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
YoYo Posted October 2 Posted October 2 I checked, but it doesn't work in VR. I can't switch to the gauge views using RShift + PgUp/Down. What is the point of this option, then? Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Hetstaine Posted October 3 Posted October 3 Do i even have to worry about the new fuel system? I only fly MP, haven't flown yet since the patch has dropped though. Longest flight is around 40 odd minutes, average around 20-25. I7 12700k-5070TI-32GB-49"Odyssey VKBGunfighter/Stecs/TMpeds/BoeingPit/Delanpro
Jade_Monkey Posted October 3 Posted October 3 37 minutes ago, Hetstaine said: Do i even have to worry about the new fuel system? I only fly MP, haven't flown yet since the patch has dropped though. Longest flight is around 40 odd minutes, average around 20-25. No, it should be on auto assist by default. I think it's a nice addition, especially for those who enjoy DCS type clicking experience where you have more granular controls. 1 AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 32 GB DDR4 | nVME SSD | VR headset: Pimax Dream Air SLAM
Dash,Polder Posted October 3 Posted October 3 Stumbled through it pretty quick live in the Box on the ramp startups, there isn't much all that complicated. Think the F-51 has a fuel shut off with potential to starve the engine, so that's about the only worry so far, didn't try the 84, but 80 and 86 are pretty foul proof and easy.
Hetstaine Posted October 3 Posted October 3 5 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said: No, it should be on auto assist by default. I think it's a nice addition, especially for those who enjoy DCS type clicking experience where you have more granular controls. Sweet, thanks! I7 12700k-5070TI-32GB-49"Odyssey VKBGunfighter/Stecs/TMpeds/BoeingPit/Delanpro
YoYo Posted October 3 Posted October 3 7 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said: No, it should be on auto assist by default. That is exactly right; the option with the assistant enabled is active for fuel following the 1.004 update. Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
Valis Posted October 3 Posted October 3 5 hours ago, Dash,Polder said: Think the F-51 has a fuel shut off with potential to starve the engine Try it! You'll get an earful... 1 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now