Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

Panzerlang
Posted

Well dayum! I suspect my Super has been defective from day one and became progressively worse over time. Definitely not the Pimax software, which was what I excused the Super's flakiness with. Cable

...aaand black screen again. Lol. The OG ran the game flawlessly and I thought I'd finally cra

WTF. Black screen again, CPU fans into overdrive. I've disconnected both VR DPort cables now. This is now with Pimax Play versions 203 and 204. Is it the TV that's flaky? HDMI 2.1 with branded 2.1 cable. Time to get my proper monitor back from my son methinks.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

I was going to say, the OG ran the game flawlessly and beautifully. High and smooth FPS (low 70s). The only detriment, steamy lenses. Lol.

Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods.
AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods.
RTX 5090 GPU. No mods.
64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on.
Samsung SSD.

Monitor at 3840x2160.
Pimax Crystal Super.

Posted
2 hours ago, Panzerlang said:

was going to say, the OG ran the game flawlessly and beautifully. High and smooth FPS (low 70s). The only detriment, steamy lenses. Lol.

I'm considering buying OG Crystal as na upgrade from Q3 , how was yours experience with OG - spotting distantant contacts / lenses clarity and id planes? 

Panzerlang
Posted
3 hours ago, Husar said:

I'm considering buying OG Crystal as na upgrade from Q3 , how was yours experience with OG - spotting distantant contacts / lenses clarity and id planes? 

I'm happy to report that since disconnecting the Super's cable I've had no more issues.

The OG Crystal...it is so good I'm actually enjoying Korea, rather than it being a kind of tooth-pulling experience. The Super was absolutely destroying it for me. Spotting, clarity and IDing planes, all top notch. Plus the smoothness. However, at full render (1.0) it definitely needs CheekyFoveatedDLSS. THAT little app is a thing of awesomeness.

 

Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods.
AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods.
RTX 5090 GPU. No mods.
64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on.
Samsung SSD.

Monitor at 3840x2160.
Pimax Crystal Super.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Panzerlang said:

I'm happy to report that since disconnecting the Super's cable I've had no more issues.

The OG Crystal...it is so good I'm actually enjoying Korea, rather than it being a kind of tooth-pulling experience. The Super was absolutely destroying it for me. Spotting, clarity and IDing planes, all top notch. Plus the smoothness. However, at full render (1.0) it definitely needs CheekyFoveatedDLSS. THAT little app is a thing of awesomeness.

 

Thanks for replying.

Are you using CheekyFoveatedDLSS as standard DLSS /DLLA or neural enhanced DLSS 5?

It helps with FPS?

Edited by Husar
Panzerlang
Posted
Just now, Husar said:

Thanks for replying.

Are you using CheekyFoveatedDLSS as standard DLSS /DLLA or neural enhanced DLSS 5?

It helps with FPS?

Standard DLSS.

Yes, a huge boost to FPS. I was getting high 80s to 90 until I realized I was at 0.75 render (lol). Put that back to 1.0 (it got set back by my first use of Pimax Evo I think) and now it's mid 70s but VERY smooth. That's with eight Sabres vs four Migs.

Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods.
AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods.
RTX 5090 GPU. No mods.
64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on.
Samsung SSD.

Monitor at 3840x2160.
Pimax Crystal Super.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Panzerlang said:

Standard DLSS.

Yes, a huge boost to FPS. I was getting high 80s to 90 until I realized I was at 0.75 render (lol). Put that back to 1.0 (it got set back by my first use of Pimax Evo I think) and now it's mid 70s but VERY smooth. That's with eight Sabres vs four Migs.

Better fps boost compare to 1.0 and without any AA ?

BTW I'm wondering how the performance is also without upscaling only DLLA.

Edited by Husar
Panzerlang
Posted
Just now, Husar said:

Better fps boost compare to 1.0 and without any AA ?

Not even in the same state, never mind ballpark. It's free so suck it and see. 🙂

Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods.
AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods.
RTX 5090 GPU. No mods.
64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on.
Samsung SSD.

Monitor at 3840x2160.
Pimax Crystal Super.

Posted
26 minutes ago, Panzerlang said:

Not even in the same state, never mind ballpark. It's free so suck it and see. 🙂

I think it should be better vs native without AA since outside the fovea, the resolution is below native - low as before upscaling.

Panzerlang
Posted

For the first time ever, after a fresh morning boot, the TV black-screened without VR being touched at all. So, I'm swapping back to my proper PC monitor.

Gigabyte Aorus Elite Mobo. No mods.
AMD 9800X3D CPU. No mods.
RTX 5090 GPU. No mods.
64GB G-Skill RAM at 6000mhz. XMP on.
Samsung SSD.

Monitor at 3840x2160.
Pimax Crystal Super.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...