dapits Posted September 27 Posted September 27 VERY DISAPOINTED FOR THE MOMENT !! Cannot even start the sim ; :( I just bought il2 korea from home site ( not steam because I want to help the devellopers ). When I launch the game, it arrives at a start menu with fields for email, password etc.. But the cursor of the mouse is stuck on the upper left corner of this menu and the mouse does not work... If I alt-tab it goes back to windows qnd the mouse works in windows On top of that, the image of the plane behind is completely dark without shades or textures... (which looks like a very bad omen even if I could start the game ) With the mouse not working, I cannot even start the game from this menu... Am I the only one having met this issue ? My specs : windows 10 x64 RAM : 32go intel core i9 - 9900k 3.6ghz Graphic 8gb Nvidia geforce Rtx 2080 SUPER
dapits Posted September 27 Author Posted September 27 VERY DISAPOINTED FOR THE MOMENT !! Cannot even start the sim ; :( I just bought il2 korea from home site ( not steam because I want to help the devellopers ). When I launch the game, it arrives at a start menu with fields for email, password etc.. But the cursor of the mouse is stuck on the upper left corner of this menu and the mouse does not work... If I alt-tab it goes back to windows qnd the mouse works in windows On top of that, the image of the plane behind is completely dark without shades or textures... (which looks like a very bad omen even if I could start the game ) With the mouse not working, I cannot even start the game from this menu... Am I the only one having met this issue ? My specs : windows 10 x64 RAM : 32go intel core i9 - 9900k 3.6ghz Graphic 8gb Nvidia geforce Rtx 2080 SUPER
FuriousMeow Posted September 28 Posted September 28 Not sure on the mouse, could be a control conflict if you have some other stuff connected like a gamepad... but could also be tied to your gfx card is below minimum. 3060Ti is the minimum gfx card supported.
dapits Posted September 28 Author Posted September 28 Thanks for the reply, I have disconnected all my throttles/rudder pedals/joystick to check.. no joy, same thing... Sad I spent all that money for nothing.... :( And I certainly wont buy a new gfx or a new pc just for this game without garantee of it working... i certainly wont advertise this game.. :( I will just go back to all my other sims which are working just fine.. (DCS, IL2 Bo*,...) Good gfx card or not, it is not a good sign when just the very beginning menu does not even show a mouse working to make selections...
FuriousMeow Posted September 28 Posted September 28 Well, it's not the game otherwise a lot more people would be experiencing it. Its something with your system. I'm not sure if anyone else with less than recommended GPU has tried to run it and what their experience is, but can't blame the game with a below recommended GPU.
Dash,Polder Posted September 28 Posted September 28 Fire up the launcher, not the game, upper right corner is the settings gear icon, check the resolution is set to match the desktop, than close and try firing it up. It's been a bit wonky with mismatched game and desk top resolutions, and your graphics card is also a factor.
dapits Posted September 28 Author Posted September 28 Thanks all for replying... When I read the requirement on the il2 korea website, I clicked on the line of il2 sturmvik, and I did not realise there was another choice below for il2 korea.. this is why, i thought my pc could run it.. since I was on il2 korea website, I assumed, the menus of requirements was for il2 korea ( the "Buy" page ) It is my fault, i was too fast... My PC is DEFINITIVELY to weak to run this game... ( still ; the bug which prevents my mouse from selecting anything in the login menu does not create any trust :( ) Anyways, the game is bought, it is done.. in a few years if I have enough money to buy a new PC, maybe I will be able to fly over korea... At least, my money should help the game developpers.... I will uninstall and play something else....
AEthelraedUnraed Posted September 28 Posted September 28 (edited) 1 hour ago, dapits said: My PC is DEFINITIVELY to weak to run this game... I don't think it's the GPU itself. Don't uninstall yet. My personal laptop has an RTX 2060, even lower than you, and runs the game butter smooth. It does look related to graphics issues though. @dapits what graphics driver version are you on? Edited September 28 by AEthelraedUnraed 1
FuriousMeow Posted September 28 Posted September 28 (edited) Yeah, I was going to suggest checking drivers - make sure everything is up-to-date, not just the GPU. I wasn't sure if anyone had tried less-than-minimum so wasn't sure - but AEthelraedUnraed has confirmed it can be run, so this requires looking at what is going on with the system that's causing this. Drivers would be the first step. Second, making sure there aren't extraneous background apps running that could be interfering. Make sure Korea is running through your nVidia GPU and not the Intel iGPU, shouldn't be possible since you are running other games unless you have some profile setup that could result in that. Verify the game is running same resolution as your monitor, and that the game is in full screen mode - upper right gear icon in the launcher. Edited September 28 by FuriousMeow
Sashka13 Posted September 29 Posted September 29 14 часов назад, dapits сказал: Thanks all for replying... When I read the requirement on the il2 korea website, I clicked on the line of il2 sturmvik, and I did not realise there was another choice below for il2 korea.. this is why, i thought my pc could run it.. since I was on il2 korea website, I assumed, the menus of requirements was for il2 korea ( the "Buy" page ) It is my fault, i was too fast... My PC is DEFINITIVELY to weak to run this game... ( still ; the bug which prevents my mouse from selecting anything in the login menu does not create any trust 😞 ) Anyways, the game is bought, it is done.. in a few years if I have enough money to buy a new PC, maybe I will be able to fly over korea... At least, my money should help the game developpers.... I will uninstall and play something else.... Я сравнительно недавно играл на своём старом ПК с видеокартой в 4Гб видеопамяти и процессором в 3.2 Ггц. Игра запускалась без проблем и работала довольно не плохо даже не на самых слабых настройках. I played on my old PC—with a 4GB graphics card and a 3.2 GHz processor—relatively recently. The game launched without issues and ran quite well even on settings that weren't the lowest. AMD Ryzen 7 9800x3D, AMD Radeon RX9060 XT 16Gb, оперативка 32Gb.
dapits Posted September 30 Author Posted September 30 Thanks again for your help !!! :) I updated the gfx drivers and tried again full screen with desktop resolution.. AND IT WORKED !!! I can launch the game, and it works just fine... My pc is kind of on its knees but, it playable by lowering the game resolution... Just tried a quick flight and the museum so far... i love it... Thanks again for your advices.... 2
FuriousMeow Posted October 2 Posted October 2 (edited) I recommend keeping all drivers up-to-date. Not just GPU. Even updating the motherboard BIOS if you are comfortable with it. But the existing settings need to be recorded and inserted again as they aren't retained. So extra caution with that. Its not the early 2000s anymore where drivers and firmware were a total crapshoot - almost all hardware these days is good to be on the latest version firmware/drivers. Edited October 2 by FuriousMeow
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now