Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

MY Rig, and IL2 Korea.. a few questions..


Recommended Posts

Cpt.Stall_McAugerin
Posted

  I've been out of the loop for a good while..       I have an i9, 64 gb ram, super fast SSD, and a 4080 Super. new LG 45" OLED 240hz monitor..    Im aware that the VR perfomance has been somewhat dissapointing, from what I have read, but   I had planned on flying the Monitor with head tracking a lot.     How is the non VR performance going?

BlitzPig_EL
Posted

You should be just fine with a 4080.  Go easy on the shadow settings for starters.  You are pushing a much larger monitor than me.

I have a 7800 X3D, 5070Ti, and 64 gigs of ram and on my 2K M27Q monitor I have my FPS capped at 140 and it's almost always right at that number.

Cpt.Stall_McAugerin
Posted

 Super appreciate the fast reply, now I can  put it in my cart. 

  • Upvote 1
Posted

System specs in signature, i'm getting 80-125fps all maxed out. 

            I7 12700k-5070TI-32GB-49"Odyssey

VKBGunfighter/Stecs/TMpeds/BoeingPit/Delanpro

Cpt.Stall_McAugerin
Posted (edited)

 As a 45 year Heavy Metal guitarist..  Your name just made me put coffee through my nose.

 

 As far as IL2 Korea is concerned I am very pleased..      I read some of the complaints, but I, like many of you, have been with Il2 since  Oleg , and Day #1  .    I pretty confident where Il2 Korea will go.   VR will get better, I need to  upgrade from Pimax8x to the clarity model  anyway..

    Ive been out of the Il2 Loops for several years,  tried to come back last year, but  I had to wait on my shoulder replacement..   I will someday have as much titanium in me as an SR71   LOL, but I can fly again : ) 

 

  Yep, Im pretty stoked about this new series alright !

Edited by Cpt.Stall_McAugerin
AndreiTomescu
Posted

As a guy who puts titanium into people, i'm confident it will serve you right. The upgraded shoulder, I mean. 🙂 

On a rig of 9700x, 9070xt and 32 GB ram, on a 2k screen, I finally managed to settle at a capped 80 fps with high visuals and almost no stuttering. 

Some future patches will even improve this, maybe.

What it's even more exciting is the future content, and all the opportunities it brings.

Still, this sim it's a work in progress, don't expect perfection yet, nor for a long time.

Oreoreeeoyeero! 

Panzerkatze
Posted
58 minutes ago, AndreiTomescu said:

As a guy who puts titanium into people, i'm confident it will serve you right.

I have modestly 20 cm titanium in my back (S1 - L2) but still my rig cannot rotate Korea. What have I done wrong?   ☹️

AndreiTomescu
Posted

Oh, oh, mighty cat-tank. It's not on you....

See, there are 2 kinds of implants:

Titanium ones, associated with bones, Akula submarines, and long lasting things in general.

Silicone ones, associated with .....soft tissue, other issues, chip lottery, and the fast changes of software development.

It's better to have Titanium ones inside and the others outside! 🙂 

Anyhow, the silicone it's much easier to change/upgrade.....

  • Haha 1

Oreoreeeoyeero! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...