SOL-4-KEV Posted September 24 Posted September 24 (edited) This is the 3rd and sadly the last variant of the F51 in the SAAF series. And to mark the milestone this livery is to commemorate an individual Pilot lost during the War. Lt. Critton Pappas was a pilot of No.2 Squadron of the SAAF in the Korean War. He flew a blue nose F51 with tail number 363 on his first and unfortunately last mission 4th November 1951 during a rail road interdiction mission. This livery closely resembles the aircraft Lt Pappas flew. I’ve decided to name this aircraft “CAPE TOWN CONNIE”. pretty self explanatory. I hope you guys like the final installment of the SAAF series. If you Prefer MediaFire: https://www.mediafire.com/file/liyb8slzd8kl2hg/CAPE_TOWN_CONNIE.zip/file If you prefer Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tMG1cdL3IaTPWDFanE_1ABN6TCgdi-jl?usp=sharing Have Fun Aviators Edited Wednesday at 03:58 AM by SOL-4-KEV 1
technic Posted September 24 Posted September 24 Hallo. I downloaded the skin, extracterd it in IL-2 Korea /game/graphic/ skins/ F-51D folder, but the skin does not appear in game (I am not able to select the skin as it is not offered when I customize my F-51D). What did I done wrong ? 1
MJones Posted September 24 Posted September 24 3 hours ago, technic said: Hallo. I downloaded the skin, extracterd it in IL-2 Korea /game/graphic/ skins/ F-51D folder, but the skin does not appear in game (I am not able to select the skin as it is not offered when I customize my F-51D). What did I done wrong ? Did you put the two files in the folder or did you just put the whole extracted folder into the F51 folder? It's showing for me. I believe you also have to have custom skins enabled in the game options. SOL-4-KEV: Good stuff! I haven't seen you around before, are these your first skins for IL2? If so, you are off to a great start. 1
SOL-4-KEV Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 5 hours ago, technic said: Hallo. I downloaded the skin, extracterd it in IL-2 Korea /game/graphic/ skins/ F-51D folder, but the skin does not appear in game (I am not able to select the skin as it is not offered when I customize my F-51D). What did I done wrong ? I seem to know your problem. You are extracting the file into the F51 file in IL2 directly To fix this: extract the file in your download folder or a folder of your choosing (not directly into the F51 File in IL2) . Next open the folder CAPE TOWN CONNIE then copy the 2 dds images and paste it in the F51 folder in your IL2 files. The images need to go in, not the whole folder. Hope this helps. Reach out if you need more help 1
SOL-4-KEV Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 22 minutes ago, technic said: Thank you very much for help. Now it works.. No problem, enjoy 😉 2 hours ago, MJones said: Did you put the two files in the folder or did you just put the whole extracted folder into the F51 folder? It's showing for me. I believe you also have to have custom skins enabled in the game options. SOL-4-KEV: Good stuff! I haven't seen you around before, are these your first skins for IL2? If so, you are off to a great start. Yes these are my first ever skins I’ve made. Thanks for your support
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now