1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 22 1C Game Studios Posted September 22 Dev Blog 87 is here! We cover improvements to aircraft AI, what to expect from the upcoming update 1.004, and when it is planned for release. Read here: https://media.il2-korea.com/news/dd_87 9 9
Fabry_ASW19 Posted September 22 Posted September 22 Will Tu-2 became flyable before the Carrier Ops DLC?
KillerBee Posted September 22 Posted September 22 While you’re working on the HEF-I, please give some love to the Willie Pete ammunition as well! Thanks. 3
LuftManu Posted September 22 Posted September 22 Great great news about AI! 1 Rig: RTX 5090 ASUS TUF / Ryzen 9850 X3D /Gigabyte X870E Pro X3D Motherboard / 48 GB DDR5 Teamgroup 8000 MT/s / MSI 321 URX QD-OLED 32" 4K
Valis Posted September 22 Posted September 22 Quote Even now, immediately after takeoff, you can issue the “Hold Formation!” command to your wingmen, after which they will take no action unless you give them another command. Wish you would have mentioned this earlier!
BlitzPig_EL Posted September 22 Posted September 22 Any reworking of the "hydrogen bomb" sunrises and sunsets? The effect is really overdone. 6
86Cheese Posted September 22 Posted September 22 (edited) Wow, very cool. Excited to see what new mission type we get. @LukeFFWill we finally see Anti Shipping missions in this update? Please? Waited forever in GB and its still MIA. I just wanna shoot some freaking boats man! Also I've been wondering, will there be a map expansion with the new DLC? Obviously thats always been the case with GB, but korea is already massive. It would be nice to have more ocean off the east coast and the bottom of the peninsula, especially for Pusan perimeter stuff and dynamic campaign, but idk if we really need more map. Edited September 23 by 86Cheese
lefuneste Posted September 22 Posted September 22 7 minutes ago, Valis said: Wish you would have mentioned this earlier! I m not sure it will block your pilot to aitomatically give attack order when coming near target, that is the most annoying thing with radio command for AI...
Valis Posted September 22 Posted September 22 (edited) 18 minutes ago, lefuneste said: I m not sure it will block your pilot to aitomatically give attack order when coming near target, that is the most annoying thing with radio command for AI... Dammit. e: any news on the cloud thing? Edited September 22 by Valis 1 2
Snipermanx Posted September 22 Posted September 22 1 час назад, Fabry_ASW19 сказал: Will Tu-2 became flyable before the Carrier Ops DLC? Hey there! No Tu-2 is AI plane Head of content creator program
Avimimus Posted September 22 Posted September 22 Very impressive. A lot of things which wouldn't have occurred to me. My two suggestions are: 1) Consider investigating AI spotting: The ability of the AI to not lose track of opponents (e.g. when they exit field of view) and the relative predictability of when AI will spot other aircraft impacts realism. 2) Consider looking into power recovery manoeuvres: When dogfights reach ground level, a pilot has to determine when it is safe to momentarily recover energy (accelerate or climb) and when it is time to spend that energy in manoeuvres. I think some of the 'circling' behaviour people complain about relates the the AI losing potential energy and being unable to recover energy - which then means that it can't turn without stalling. Energy management matters significantly more once the fight descends to low altitude... so AI tests should examine low altitude fights in particular to see if all AI aircraft can recover enough energy to actually manoeuvre (this will obviously become a much bigger issue if a WWI modules is created someday in this engine - but it applies to jets too)! 3
Dash,Polder Posted September 22 Posted September 22 Quote for the upcoming 1.004 update, which we plan to release next week. All I really needed to know. So two weeks........
Uther Posted September 22 Posted September 22 9 minutes ago, Dash,Polder said: All I really needed to know. So two weeks........ Patch next week, patch bugfix week after... 😁 9800X3D / Asus Radeon RX 7900 XT TUF OC / Corsair Vengeance EXPO 64GB / W11
AndreiTomescu Posted September 22 Posted September 22 (edited) These are much wanted and highly appreciated news. Thank you! One question, thou: @LukeFF: does the implementation of this improvements (AI behaviour&persistent damage especially) require restart of current ongoing careers? Or they will integrate on the fly? Thx! Edited September 22 by AndreiTomescu age makes me forget things :) Oreoreeeoyeero!
YoYo Posted September 22 Posted September 22 Thanks for the DD—it sounds very promising, especially the performance improvements for VR. The changes to AI behavior also look interesting. Fingers crossed, and I can't wait for next week! 🙂 Thank you! Home cockipt: GPU RTX5090, CPU i7 13900, RAM 64Gb. | Webmaster of yoyosims.pl. VR flying only (Meta Quest Pro).
JL1 Posted September 22 Posted September 22 Great news on AI and next weeks update - Thanks! CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core Processor GPU: RTX 5090 RAM: 96 Gb DDR5 SSD: WD Black 4TB SSD & WD Black 8TB SSD Monitor: LG 48-Inch OLED evo C4 Series Smart TV 4K HOTAS - Virpil Trackir 5
Justicier10-7 Posted September 22 Posted September 22 Sounds like good stuff in the works, really looking forward to more mission variety and improved AI! I do hope that with the VR optimizations, the "Not Enough Video Memory" issue will also be squashed. 2
1C Game Studios LukeFF Posted September 22 Author 1C Game Studios Posted September 22 2 hours ago, AndreiTomescu said: These are much wanted and highly appreciated news. Thank you! One question, thou: @LukeFF: does the implementation of this improvements (AI behaviour&persistent damage especially) require restart of current ongoing careers? Or they will integrate on the fly? Thx! No, it's something that will be applied on your next flight. 2 1
harmless Posted September 23 Posted September 23 New mission types for career is exciting. I had complained about how almost all missions are concentrated right at the front line which isn't very historical so I'm hopeful expanding on this will open up more of the map for sorties. Lots of steps in the right direction with this patch and the next ones coming up, I just hope 1C does a good job of getting word out that some of the most major complaints have been addressed. Deck Ops feels like a perfect opportunity to show off the improvements since launch to people who were either on the fence about the game or got it and were disappointed by issues they felt got carried over from GB
JG4_Moltke71 Posted September 23 Posted September 23 In my experience, it is virtually impossible to catch the AI off guard. Will this perhaps become possible in the future—provided the AI aircraft under attack isn't equipped with a warning system? And regarding situations where the AI is pursuing a human player: Will it be possible for the AI to lose track of the player if visual contact is broken by clouds or smoke (this applies to AA and ground units as well)? 3 ASUS ROG-ASTRAL-RTX5090-32GB GDDR7; ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING; AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D 4,3GHz AM5; DDR5 64GB PC 6000 CL30 G.Skill Varjo Aero Headset
Jaegermeister Posted September 23 Posted September 23 This update sounds great, I am looking forward to it. Thanks for all the weeks of hard work that went in to making it happen! Ryzen 7 7800X3D l 32GB DDR5-6000 l RX 7900 XTX 24GB - AMD Adrenalin V.26.6.4 l HP Reverb G2 I Windows 11 Home
OAE Posted September 23 Posted September 23 Great news on AI and VR 😎 2 Pimax Crystal Light, RTX 5080, 5800X3D, 64GB
Big-Al Posted September 23 Posted September 23 I was suprised to read so much about the fuel calculation. Don't get me wrong it's a really nice touch. I'm interested to see how it turns out. I would also like to know if these changes will have an impact on the fast travel feature (depending fuel loads). Another thing, probably the heart of the update, will be the new defensive system. I'm keen to see what they will do & how they react. In that context, will it be possible to suprice AI pilots? I've found that in GB as well as Korea there was essentially no chance of bouncing them. Anyway I'm looking forward to the persistent damage & these changes. 2
Steini18778 Posted September 23 Posted September 23 Is there any chance that AI improvements will make it to IL2 GB?
DFLion Posted September 23 Posted September 23 I am very glad to see this update and will also be looking forward to it. I was particularly interested in the distance the Sabre's have to fly to from Suwon to Mig Alley and back and how the IL2 Team are addressing that situation. I still think there is an issue with the current Sabre's fuel management which is not properly programmed into the aircraft. I am talking to a friend of mine who is an aeronautical engineer with experience with early jets and will report back on his observations regarding the Sabre's fuel management within the game. I have just released an F-80C historical single mission and admit having trouble 'synching' is ground attack to release the bombs on the target. For your information I think I have mastered 'high level' accurate bombing though I am still having big problems with 'AI' low-level bombing. As Jaegermeister said, thanks for all your quick work on rectifying the issues with our new Korea simulation. DFLion
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now