Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

migmadmarine
Posted

Cross posting from my thread here: 


I am starting in on a large skin pack of generic unit skins for integration into career mode, with the prospect of additional variations for players to assign to their pilots, which I'm open to input on. As I may be asking the wisdom of the crowds while I try to figure out what markings were what unit, I figure I should post in here as well as the mods section. 

image.jpeg.0e1f6b46d9a5a8f82b3d9f44fb357a21.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
Posted

Yes!  I have your stuff for GB and use them all the time.  Generics have always bothered me when I know that Air Wings had unique markings.  This must be a huge job, but not as bad as WW2.

actionhank
Posted

Great idea! I've been making my own generic skins for my fighter group in my campaign just so I can have a unique skin for my plane, while my wingmen all have similar skins.

I've been debating creating some more unique ones for the guys in my squad as they get through missions. Maybe giving them some kill markings on the side, nose art or just more unique paint. Maybe I'll even do some repair spots if the guys got some damage.

migmadmarine
Posted

I plan on making generics for all the USAF units, as I doubt I'd be able to find much of anything on the communist side for this. I've been thinking that maybe I should make my unit layers available so people can add their own nose art etc as you say. 

  • Like 1
migmadmarine
Posted

Skins and config are released over in the other thread

migmadmarine
Posted

Hey if anyone has a print copy of F-86 Aces of the 4th Fighter Wing and can send me a high res scan or photo of the alternate boxing eagle insignia worn by "screaming eagle" and "Jackie's boy", that would be much appreciated.

  • Like 1
Posted

I'll take a look, I have the whole Osprey Series

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...