Jump to content
IL-2 Series Forum

Recommended Posts

migmadmarine
Posted (edited)

Hello all, posting to announce I'm working on a skins pack for career mode integration similar to what we have for Il-2 GB. I've been starting with the F-84, and the plan is to provide a couple of variations as often as possible, seeing as the player can assign skins to their pilots more reliably in Korea. If anyone wants to pass along references I may not be finding, please do, as I've been having a much harder time finding good photos and images of specific squadron's aircraft than I did for the WWII units. 

Skins F-84: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10htKkuScR3nPlbcunFCYb_E6OwU7HFFD/view?usp=sharing

Skins F-86A: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xJ405hbURC5zlG6wqjuzxNu25fI8psgu/view?usp=sharing (Only the 4th FIW so far)

Config file[TEST RELEASE]: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XPiFO_tREm-f9sJcUQj_FdOzJ0fQgTR4/view?usp=sharing (Updated 3. October)
This is configured to work with JGSME, otherwise just drop the SCG folder into your install's data folder. 


Some example screenshots from the 7, 8, 9th FBS of the 49FBW, 111, 154, 182nd of the 136th FBW, and the 310th FBS, 58FBW. image.jpeg.add908df54110e24e9642d7a4dac950b.jpeg

7th FBS, 49FBW

image.jpeg.82754fec44ccd4b13f0e06b7c3ff60ba.jpeg

8th FBS, 49 FBW

image.jpeg.86834a5af1f4d385f3cd644c54f7083f.jpeg

9th FBS, 49 FBW

image.jpeg.f387321b22ea225f7d0027ab646e72a6.jpeg

189th FS, 136 FBW

image.jpeg.db034295fdc22ffe6f49c0a868bdbc9b.jpeg

154th FBS, 136 FBW

image.jpeg.14c606f192932e40157fba2879dd8e08.jpeg

111 FBS, 136 FBW (this sans star is also used for the 69th FBS, as apparently they inherited aircraft from the 111th. 

image.jpeg.9ce7473a09e865d2a11a159a2ffdff34.jpeg

310FBS, 58 FBW

Edited by migmadmarine
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
migmadmarine
Posted

With ones I've struggled to find firm answers for, the files include the 12th FBS, which I've not found photos of F-84s for and I saw a list of assigned aircraft that seems to suggest they received F-84Fs post korea.

For the 311th FBS, I've found one blurry shot on facebook labeled as being from this unit, but it has seemingly the same markings as the 182nd FBS, and there is this shot from the USAF museum that is ambiguous on unit, but at least has different tip tanks that I may use for this unit unless someone can give me a firm answer on what their markings were. 100608-F-1234S-047.JPG

TheNappingMan
Posted

Do you have access to this book?

image.png.793ce154205c4c981655985c74bcbf6f.png

TheNappingMan
Posted

The above reference doesn't list the 12th FBS as flying Thunderjets.  And so far I haven't found any images of the 311th.  But it was under the 58th FBW with the 69th FBS and the 310th FBS.

migmadmarine
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, TheNappingMan said:

Do you have access to this book?

image.png.793ce154205c4c981655985c74bcbf6f.png

No, I don't have a copy unfortunately. Did use the cover photo though haha. I probably should see about getting ahold of a copy, but unfortunately I have limited space for print books, and I've not seen a PDF version yet as is available with the Squadron F-84 in action book. 

Seeing as 311th was also in the 58th, perhaps they did inherit aircraft like the 69th did.

Edited by migmadmarine
l_commando
Posted

The nice thing about Korean War F-84 squadrons is that a lot of the units either used the same liveries or outright shared aircraft, i.e. the 49th and 474th FBGs

migmadmarine
Posted

Ok, that is good to know that the Airforce did that. I was aware of it in the Navy/Marines, but I guess I should stop thinking of this in quite the same way I had been with the WWII packs

MGMSwordsman
Posted
2 hours ago, migmadmarine said:

Hello all, posting to announce I'm working on a skins pack for career mode integration similar to what we have for Il-2 GB. I've been starting with the F-84, and the plan is to provide a couple of variations as often as possible, seeing as the player can assign skins to their pilots more reliably in Korea. If anyone wants to pass along references I may not be finding, please do, as I've been having a much harder time finding good photos and images of specific squadron's aircraft than I did for the WWII units. 

Some example screenshots from the 7, 8, 9th FBS of the 49FBW, 111, 154, 182nd of the 136th FBW, and the 310th FBS, 58FBW. image.jpeg.add908df54110e24e9642d7a4dac950b.jpeg

7th FBS, 49FBW

image.jpeg.82754fec44ccd4b13f0e06b7c3ff60ba.jpeg

8th FBS, 49 FBW

image.jpeg.86834a5af1f4d385f3cd644c54f7083f.jpeg

9th FBS, 49 FBW

image.jpeg.f387321b22ea225f7d0027ab646e72a6.jpeg

189th FS, 136 FBW

image.jpeg.db034295fdc22ffe6f49c0a868bdbc9b.jpeg

154th FBS, 136 FBW

image.jpeg.14c606f192932e40157fba2879dd8e08.jpeg

111 FBS, 136 FBW (this sans star is also used for the 69th FBS, as apparently they inherited aircraft from the 111th. 

image.jpeg.9ce7473a09e865d2a11a159a2ffdff34.jpeg

310FBS, 58 FBW

Those are fantastic skins.  Any chance you'll make them available for download soon?

migmadmarine
Posted

I'm figuring on releasing aircraft by aircraft, so I am probably a bit over half done with my planned F-84 skins. Once I have those all finished, I'll get them posted. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
migmadmarine
Posted

I've got the 429 and 430th done now, will get the 428th done next, then after that it looks like it'll be a couple more variations and oddball, get em assigned in the files, and I can get the F-84s released. 

image.jpeg.8dee20a3bec50af04f5d507268a0cf87.jpeg

image.jpeg.bd40658f7c2aaab58990cb5f0c087733.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
migmadmarine
Posted

Ok, I've put out the F-84 skins, as well as my edited skin assignments file for testing. Consider this a beta, as in loading into career menus the skins don't appear to be assigned to pilots by default like the early/late F-86 skins are, and I don't know if that is due to my folder setup being wrong, an issue with my edited file, or what. Let me know if you see other F-84 units flying with skins appearing, or if someone who knows the file structure better ( @LukeFF you've been a big help already) can spot an issue, please let me know. 

In the mean time, you can always manually assign skins to your own unit. 

  • Upvote 1
migmadmarine
Posted

Regarding the above, this is why you don't try to test and release after midnight: I forgot that you need to activate mods in the games settings menu, this is in fact working as it should. Enjoy, and let me know of any issues encountered. 

  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
migmadmarine
Posted

Small update, I've gotten started on the F-86 and have a few done. I will be away from my machine for work for two weeks, and run into an annoying bug with Gimp that will hopefully be patched while I am away, so they will be a few weeks out. 

Posted

I've gone ahead and uploaded the F-86A skins for the 4th FIW as I could get those done despite the gimp bug. The standin Es and Fs for the other groups will have to be done after I am back from my work trip in a couple of weeks. 

image.jpeg.e1f0fa1e3b8693ccd39c3825ed13b9d9.jpeg

image.jpeg.9e7e606e08afddb7859173747a969cb7.jpeg

image.jpeg.1837f29fce3078e3b04178394750fb41.jpeg

image.jpeg.515783b3caf97e443aa5bb38ee7864d8.jpeg

image.jpeg.a3124f4d71931bb1ad953575e04dc3f8.jpeg

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

Only a suggestion. You may want to put a change log at the bottom of the first post or a line indicating date of update below each download link.

My reasoning is that people may not realise that each skin release would need us to download the career config again as you update the scg config to include new skins. It might reduce the help requests from the community and reduce your support efforts.

Edited by Stonehouse

Intel Ultra9 285K, ROG Strix Z890-A, 32 GB RAM, RTX 5070 Ti 16GBVRAM and driver 616.56, Win11 Pro, Saitek Pro Flight Combat pedals, Warthog HOTAS, TM Cougar MFDs, Monitor resolution 2560x1440 at 164kHz using G-Sync. Graphics settings maximum.

Posted

Don't use JGSME. Put SCG file into data folder. Put other two in skins folder under graphics. Not working? New to this and not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Posted

Hi everyone. 

Is it normal that the "skins" folder isn`t showing up in the graphics folder?

I only have data/Graphics/ but no skins folder after.

migmadmarine
Posted
10 hours ago, actrade said:

Don't use JGSME. Put SCG file into data folder. Put other two in skins folder under graphics. Not working? New to this and not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Firstly, make sure you have mods enabled in the game settings, there is a tic box for it. 

If that doesn't do it, you can see the skins in the F-84 customization menu yea?

8 hours ago, Tis890 said:

Hi everyone. 

Is it normal that the "skins" folder isn`t showing up in the graphics folder?

I only have data/Graphics/ but no skins folder after.

Now this one surprises me, that should be there by default I think. Maybe try verifying your files if you're on steam.

Posted

Solved. 

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...